• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if they're on a calendar schedule, but they come at random (?) days like the golden today, and a few hours that day depending on your ID value. Apparently less often than the golden and obviously far less often than metal. Once you log in for that day you'll see a notice if there is a tri-color dragon dungeon for the day.

Ahh ok I did the gold metal dragon one earlier but I guess I've just never seen a colored one.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Currently at 25 gold, 2 high, and 2 king gold dragons. I should get 3 more runs in before the event goes away until like, 2 am my time. Not too shabby!

lingiii

Banned
just started my ascent of Satan's Castle. I might declare victory at the top and call it 'cuz damn if this game doesn't have my number.

Jinko

Where do you get the colored dragons though? I mean I can wait until Thursday and do the special dungeon for dragon plants, but how do you get enough colored metal dragons to evolve all the pengdras? I'm post castle of satan and I've actually never seen a colored metal dragon ANYWHERE

Today should have been Ruby Dragons, but we got gold instead, hopefully its tomorrow and they don't skip and go straight to metal again.

Japan get tri-colored dragons, I've yet to see one of those on the US game.

Gold King and High Dragons are pretty awesome, I mean I can take the 6* god Amaterasu from 0-70 in a few fusions tomorrow once I evolve her. Yes I spent at least a dozen stones with the dungeon today because it comes so rarely, but I'm also at almost 3,000,000 gold because of it and will have the best healer in the game at a crazy level. I don't regret it at all. I would totally agree with you on metal dragons. Colored not as much because the pengdras are really quite useful for taking two fodder (3k exp) you get farming the more valuable dragons and turning it into 10-15x that much experience.
Yeah. As I said, at least with the Gold Dragons, you get a ton of gold just going through the dungeon, so that's a redeeming factor, and in fact could offset the lower experience of the small Gold Dragons if you're limited by gold and not experience, which I know many people are. I was talking purely about the amount of experience the Metal/Gold Dragons give. It makes no sense that a Light monster gets more exp from an Emerald Dragon than from a Gold Dragon. And the High Dragons give the same amount, whether Gold or Emerald. However, in reality, the point is mostly moot, since you rarely if ever have a choice in the matter. You already farmed as much as you could from the Emerald Dungeon until time expired, and now you're farming the Gold dungeon for all it's worth before that expires. There are no tricolor Dragon dungeons to play currently, only Gold. Which makes my findings purely academic and not really applicable in-game I guess.

Mashing

Sold my Gold King for cash. Probably a mistake, but the only powerful light monster I got is a harpie demon and a lower level mystic knight.

Got another pal pull and got a mystic mask this time. Won't need that for a while.

Mik2121

I am not sure if they're on a calendar schedule, but they come at random (?) days like the golden today, and a few hours that day depending on your ID value. Apparently less often than the golden and obviously far less often than metal. Once you log in for that day you'll see a notice if there is a tri-color dragon dungeon for the day.
Hey Xelios, completely unrelated but your leader guy helped me a lot earlier in one dungeon I was playing. He's a beast, hahaha! :p (forgot the name but he's a green guy... sorry, forgot the name of the group... plant? lol I'm still so new at this..)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Sold my Gold King for cash. Probably a mistake, but the only powerful light monster I got is a harpie demon and a lower level mystic knight.

Got another pal pull and got a mystic mask this time. Won't need that for a while.

They make fantastic fodder, too. :p

massoluk

Banned
Just got this. First super rare, Divinegon
KlatW.png

Freaking out right now.
I can't use it at all because it took 13 points :p And I can't upgrade it at all because .... $3,000 for first upgrade

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Hey Xelios, completely unrelated but your leader guy helped me a lot earlier in one dungeon I was playing. He's a beast, hahaha! :p (forgot the name but he's a green guy... sorry, forgot the name of the group... plant? lol I'm still so new at this..)

Ancient Dragon Knight. He's level 80 atm, lots of extra attack for dragons, glad I could help.

Though I'm wondering when I get the best healer in the game tomorrow which would be most useful to people? I'm kinda torn on it. (6* Amaterasu) Anyone have opinions? There seem to be a ton of ADKs out there vs the latter (15 or so ADKs on my list, 2 Amaterasu 6*).

J0dy77

Ancient Dragon Knight. He's level 80 atm, lots of extra attack for dragons, glad I could help.

Though I'm wondering when I get the best healer in the game tomorrow which would be most useful to people? I'm kinda torn on it. (6* Amaterasu) Anyone have opinions? There seem to be a ton of ADKs out there vs the latter (15 or so ADKs on my list, 2 Amaterasu 6*).

Please for the love of all that is good and holy, DO NOT take your chaos knight away. He carries me with my angel leader. His damage wrecks anything blue.

J0dy77

How do you guys find out about all these events that are coming? I almost missed the gold dragon.

I know this question has been answered before but I want to be really sure. If I combine my water siren with my light angel, their leader skill will go up since it is the same (healing song)?

J0dy77

Lightly considering getting an iPad just so I can download this again and have a 2nd team of dudes.

Do I have an addiction problem?

I'm up to 3. Playing mainly on my ipad, my iPhone while at work and now my wife's nexus.

Sorry for the triple post. Bad timing and lazy on my ipad.

ToxicAdam

How do you guys find out about all these events that are coming? I almost missed the gold dragon.

I know this question has been answered before but I want to be really sure. If I combine my water siren with my light angel, their leader skill will go up since it is the same (healing song)?

No, you need to match the other skill. Marine goblins have the same skill as your siren.

I concur with what you said. I've got 9 ADK's, including you, on my list. And I dumped the only Amaterasu I ever got on my list, because they rarely played and never leveled her past her initial level, nevermind hoping they actually evolved her. But I've amassed a bunch of ADKs for probably the same reason you did. I run with them over 80% of the time probably. And only switch out when I know it's an easy or routine dungeon that I'm farming, only to save their uses.

An evolved Amaterasu would be so much more useful to everyone, simply because she's the single best healer in the game. And you already have 2 other 6* Ami's on your list? Dang, a double-Amaterasu team sounds like it would do wonders in those no-RCV dungeons, assuming you have enough HP to not get one-shotted.

Though, I wonder if we'll be seeing more Amaterasu's following the past Light event. All the ADKs seemed to come from the Wood event around New Year's, since most of them started at level 30.

xelios

An evolved Amaterasu would be so much more useful to everyone, simply because she's the single best healer in the game. And you already have 2 other 6* Ami's on your list? Dang, a double-Amaterasu team sounds like it would do wonders in those no-RCV dungeons, assuming you have enough HP to not get one-shotted.

Though, I wonder if we'll be seeing more Amaterasu's following the past Light event. All the ADKs seemed to come from the Wood event around New Year's, since most of them started at level 30.

We probably will; a lot of the level 30 Amaterasus came from the light event before, but as you'll notice most are still level 30, lol. It takes a ton of experience to level a god, and then after 6*, hoooly shit @ experience requirements.

As far as surviving dungeons, 6* Amaterasu is probably useful here and there, though I've heard Viper Orochi is just as much if not more for not getting one shotted, and sometimes a combination of Echidna the Red Empress in there with either one (for delaying enemy attacks).

I still have a lot to learn myself, haven't gotten but a few dungeons past Satan's Castle, but I just wanted to know which would be most useful to people. I think you're right (6* Amaterasu), but I'm gonna keep an eye on friend/explorer uses to make sure.

Dawg

Is there any point where one should play through some older dungeons again and farm/grind your team up?

I'm currently at the batch of element towers where you encounter those spider evo thingies and I've reached the final one (shadow type) but I feel like my team is barely handling stuff and that I'm being boosted by my helper(s).

Mashing

I'm on your friendlist as MashingGAF, I use your ADK a ton, but I do have one other but he's not online as much as you. I have two Ammy's too. I'm actually hurting for 50% defense helpers atm. I had like 4 Holy Dragon's appear on my friendlist earlier this week, peeps been leveling the hell out of those it seems.

Looks like I'm farming the first technical dungeon for fodder for Alarune (I haven't changed her out yet, afraid to lose her leader ability).

We probably will; a lot of the level 30 Amaterasus came from the light event before, but as you'll notice most are still level 30, lol. It takes a ton of experience to level a god, and then after 6*, hoooly shit @ experience requirements.

As far as surviving dungeons, 6* Amaterasu is probably useful here and there, though I've heard Viper Orochi is just as much if not more for not getting one shotted, and sometimes a combination of Echidna the Red Empress in there with either one (for delaying enemy attacks).

I still have a lot to learn myself, haven't gotten but a few dungeons past Satan's Castle, but I just wanted to know which would be most useful to people. I think you're right (6* Amaterasu), but I'm gonna keep an eye on friend/explorer uses to make sure.
Hmm ... now that you word it that way, I'm guessing you're trying to maximize pal points? I was thinking more of what would friends rather have available, an ADK or Amaterasu 6*. If I could only have one or the other, I'd choose ADK currently, since that's my most used helper. But I have 9 of them on my list that I cycle through, and zero Ami 6*s. As you said, even if there is a flood of Amis from the recent Light event, most of them will never be evolved anytime soon, which makes them no better than the other healers. I think an Ami 6* will get requested and accepted by everyone that comes across her. And she's useful in any team, not just dragon teams like ADK. Still, though, the proof will be in the numbers. I'm interested in what your findings will be regarding friend/explorer uses.

ToxicAdam

4 runs of the gold dungeon and got 3 kings and two high dragons. With all that i almost was able to get my mystic knight evolved and only 5 levels away from evolving my holy dragon.

Mik2121

Alright, need some help... I'm a newbie and haven't had much time to do research. I will check the Japanese wiki later, but until then..

This is my team:

Leader:
- Genie (Lv 30)

Sub:
- Tyran (Lv Max)
- Marine Goblin (Lv 13)
- Woodsie (Lv Max)
- Pierdra (Lv 9)

My remaining monsters are:

- Flamie (Lv 4)
- Dragon Plant (Lv Max)
- Earth Fighter (Lv 4)
- Goblin (Lv 4)
- Green Carbuncle (Lv 8)
- Green Carbuncle (Lv 4)
- Gold Dragon (Lv Max)
- Golden Demon Mask (Lv Max)
- Golden Demon Mask (Lv Max)
- Harpie Devil (Lv 3)
- White Fighter (Lv 10)
- Yellow Carbuncle (Lv 7)
- Metal Dragon (Lv Max)

I know I'm probably (definitely) not using the best monsters in my team, but the Dragons and the Golden Demon Masks have this parameter that says "Evo Material" which I assume means I use them to evolve other folks... same for the dragons, it says "Enhance Material"...

What would you guys suggest me to do, and also how do I evolve my Tyran? I just learnt that there are specific dungeons everyday, should I go for those or finish (?) the normal dungeons first? I'm at the "Demeter Forest" right now.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
How much EXP does a gold dragon run give? I have to think about my stamina allotments, would appreciate if anyone had the number at hand (roughly)

ToxicAdam

How much EXP does a gold dragon run give? I have to think about my stamina allotments, would appreciate if anyone had the number at hand (roughly)
Same as the black ...1000 base or 1500 when fused on same color.

Edit: my average was only 1300-1400 xp. 20-30k in cash though.

Owzers

Divine green mask and green Keeper

Keeper dungeon is tomorrow, and mask dungeon is Wednesday if you want the easiest way to farm them.

add thursday dragon plant dungeon and that's my stamina agenda :p lvl 66 Mandrake, she'll be my only good creature if i can get her evolved.

gold dragons trolled me by making me kill a king and not giving me an egg. So far 3 trips, no kings, two highs, and a bunch of pawns.

what would get the most hits of people ising me as a helper: Verche (4 *) or Dark Dragon Knight (4 *)?

Theyre basically the same, but one is dark and one is light

Smiley90

what would get the most hits of people ising me as a helper: Verche (4 *) or Dark Dragon Knight (4 *)?

Theyre basically the same, but one is dark and one is light

Given that White has mostly helpers, I'd say a white attacker is sometimes not bad as a helper? I'm running a white/dark team, so I mostly don't care, either is fine :D

Given that White has mostly helpers, I'd say a white attacker is sometimes not bad as a helper? I'm running a white/dark team, so I mostly don't care, either is fine :D

Luck just smiled on me and the Pal machine gave me a Keeper of Light, so now additionally i could even use a Sundragon Pterados as my leader (2x damage for all light allies). do you think people wpuld prefer the damge reduction though?

Is anyone here an experienced wiki editor? I'd like to make a push to get the English wiki up with at the very least a complete monster book. I'm willing to put in a bunch of time myself, but need someone who knows the ins and outs to help get some stuff in place to make editing the thing easier. Right now there's no templates or anything so everything is just a hodgepodge of copy pasting which means it takes like 20-30 minutes just to add 1 entry, which is a no go.

If we can get it in a state where I can add new entries in like 5-10 minutes each, I'd be more than happy to add the entire monster book there, as well as even most of the dungeons. But looking into it, it seems to require some advanced wiki mojo.

Anyway, PM me

How did it go dude? I don't wanna waste my stamina if it went super badly for you.

It's actually not that bad, I was surprised. The boss fights are long because it seems like you do almost no damage against the boss and their HP bars are enormous, but you don't take too much damage. He hit me for about 3k-3.5k HP every 3 turns, and that was pretty much it. Had more than enough time to heal just with orbs, so just be patient and the fight takes anywhere from 10-20 min depending on how well you match and your dps

Smiley90

How did it go dude? I don't wanna waste my stamina if it went super badly for you.

Yeah it's actually not that bad. There's only 1 boss and he's on a 3 turn timer, he hit me for like 50% of my health and I went in with 5k HP. Not bad at all. And since you can pretty much select the colour of the final boss, you can prepare a good team to chop away at him.

Also got a Keeper of Light as my 5th fight mid-boss, so I got two keepers out of the run, yeyoooo. Success! Now I only need more friggin dublits for evolving. I hope when I run it again after I wake up I get a Keeper of Dark at some point, too.

xelios

Amaterasu Ohkami level 80, stayed up late, so tired but worth it. I also hit the jackpot on rare egg pull and got 6* Demon Viper Orochi (Loki as well but eh). SWEET DREAMS

photo5cvr9y.png

photo68crnv.png

Yeah it's actually not that bad. There's only 1 boss and he's on a 3 turn timer, he hit me for like 50% of my health and I went in with 5k HP. Not bad at all. And since you can pretty much select the colour of the final boss, you can prepare a good team to chop away at him.

Also got a Keeper of Light as my 5th fight mid-boss, so I got two keepers out of the run, yeyoooo. Success! Now I only need more friggin dublits for evolving. I hope when I run it again after I wake up I get a Keeper of Dark at some point, too.

Yea I needed Light, Dark, and Red. I got Light + Red my first run, then decided to go one more since I just ranked and my stamina refilled, and now Im fighting dark! So I got all 3 keepers I needed. Hopefully I get strong enough to deal with Tower of Flare now

totowhoa

Banned
Jesus, I went out of the country for four days and managed to leave my phone in the car at the airport.

I missed the Friday evo dungeon that I had been waiting for rather than grinding for lits. Then I missed the Weekend dungeon and I really wanted to stock up on coins. Oh well :( I think my fiance was happy to not hear this game's music for a few days, though.

xelios

Is it worth evolving a Viper Orochi into Demon Viper Orochi?

Probably not "worth" it, unless you have nothing else to do. I don't see anything different between them on the wiki, besides a difference in max stats.

raiot

Thank you Xelios for upgrading your Amaterasu, it just helped me getting 2 green, 1 red and 1 Dark Keeper :)
I'm still unsure if I should update my lvl 32 Mandrake to an Alraune or just Farm for a Siren...

Boken

Banned
Thank you Xelios for upgrading your Amaterasu, it just helped me getting 2 green, 1 red and 1 Dark Keeper :)
I'm still unsure if I should update my lvl 32 Mandrake to an Alraune or just Farm for a Siren...

I've farmed siren for 5 days now, through three 1.5x drops

the pain

A thank you to Xelios as well - gonna try do dark sky dragon on master

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom