• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Arghhhhhhh. Missed the first gold dragon hour. I hate the 1 o'clock times because it's RIGHT after lunch and I'm back at work.

Now I'm going to be hurting on stamina getting gold dragons and the special one day light dungeon done.

daemissary

Ugh, feel dumb for doin 2 of the Blade of Justice dungeons right before the gold dragon dungeon came up. Gonna hafta wait til my next hour :(

Anyone wanna friend me to try and get us more pal pts today for the special pal egg event? My ID is 346,431,289.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
photo454pd7.png

Pretty nice haul. Should get 6* Amaterasu to roughly level 55 once I evolve her Tuesday.

Also holy shit no one told me you get rich from the gold dragon dungeon.

435 cards?

O_O

just got a Fairlio (#297) from the rare pull.

what in all hell is this thing? really hoping it evolves nice, because it makes me sad now....

edit : ^ gat damn ^

massoluk

Banned
I'd guess a flat $100 given the # of boxes and remaining magic stones.

Edit: Gonna change that to $50 because I didn't realize how many dungeons there were.

I'd just want to thank everyone like you for subsidizing my gaming habits.
Thank you and Jesus H. Christ to you all.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Man, stop hating on me for loving the game! If no one bought anything it wouldn't be around.

Jesus christ dude, how much money have you spent on this game O_O

I never keep track of that with anything related to gaming; I would only feel regret and depression. =p

I just accidentally sold off my new Mystic Light Knight :( FML. Hard to get on Adept

That sucks. I've done the same, but to a semi-important evo material. Learned to favorite anything important from then on, even rare evo materials until you're ready to use them.

435 cards?

Need somewhere to keep all my colored dragons & evo materials. Plus I like to keep one of every monster. I've always hated inventory limits in games, so I appreciate that we can expand so much in this one. I am kinda bummed at the 100 max friend list though.

ToxicAdam

I look at stones/IAP this way, if a game gives me 20+ hours of enjoyment for free ... then it would be shitty not to kick some money the developers way. That way I never feel guilty about buying it (virtual goods), because I am already way ahead.

PAD's probably given me 40-60 hours of enjoyment so far. So 5 bucks in stones was a small, small price.

mercviper

I look at stones/IAP this way, if a game gives me 20+ hours of enjoyment for free ... then it would be shitty not to kick some money the developers way. That way I never feel guilty about buying it (virtual goods), because I am already way ahead.

PAD's probably given me 40-60 hours of enjoyment so far. So 5 bucks in stones was a small, small price.

This is how I justify my LoL purchases. -_-

By the way, I've read online that GungHo keeps backups of your account if you've ever made a purchase. So if you accidentally delete the app, and you've made a purchase, they can get your account back. If you haven't made a purchase, your account is probably gone.

Anyway, this is a gaming forum where people spend hundreds of dollars (sometimes more) a year on games. What difference does it make if it's a game you play on your Playstation or your iphone? Paying for a game is paying for a game

kswiston

I don't know if it was mentioned recently, but the gold metal dragons sell for a lot of money.

The crappy normal ones that give you 1k exp (1500 on light monsters) sell for $3k each. So if you get 7 during a gold metal dragon run, you can sell the lot for $21k.

Considering that normal monsters give me more experience than 1000-1500 where I am at (Castle of Satan), I have been selling all the low level dragons. Waste of money to use them for a power-up unless you are early in the game.

High Gold Metal Dragons give you 10k experience (15k for light monsters) and sell for $30k each.

King Gold Metal Dragons give you 50k experience (75k to light monsters) and sell for $300k each.

If you are short on cash, just sell the gold dragons. Yes, they give the best EXP to light element monsters, but it is only a 50% bonus over what you are getting from the regular metal dragons that can be easily farmed every other day.

Jinko

If no one bought anything it wouldn't be around.

And yet if everyone in this thread bought the app for $5-10 each they would have made much more I suspect.

I think you are a rare case in terms of how you have spent :p

I wonder why they never added light and dark pengdra's to the game, its almost as if light and dark elements were an after thought. lol

mercviper

By the way, I've read online that GungHo keeps backups of your account if you've ever made a purchase. So if you accidentally delete the app, and you've made a purchase, they can get your account back. If you haven't made a purchase, your account is probably gone.

I think the bigger reason is that with a purchase it's easier to track your account, as opposed to the other way around where they likely have your account still in their servers but the only link to it was destroyed when you deleted the app.

Anyway, this is a gaming forum where people spend hundreds of dollars (sometimes more) a year on games. What difference does it make if it's a game you play on your Playstation or your iphone? Paying for a game is paying for a game
Yeah I don't get the hate on paying for the game. Even if I wouldn't do the same, at $100 I don't see it as a big deal if I've spent a lot of time on the game.

xelios

Oh wow, didn't know that. If true it makes me feel a lot better. I back my saves up anyway, but having that option there is really nice (and it should be there, considering how much some people spend on this game).

Great second point as well. Many people view iOS games as free/$1 games, "mini games", not real games. If you find yourself playing a game for hours on end or on a daily basis and enjoying it (not only that, I even look forward to things in P&D) then it's a solid game no matter the platform. People set their own price all the time for what they're willing to pay, no different here. I can only think of a handful of other games I've played or will play as much as P&D (Baldur's Gate 2, Pokemon(s), Dragon Warrior VII (lol), Disgaea(s), roguelikes etc.)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've spent $15 on this game, and I would have no problem spending more if I could find a deal on iTunes cards, haha. This game is probably my most played game in a LONG time. :p

ToxicAdam

I could see selling the regular gold dragons, but I think it would be foolish to sell the High Metal/King ones. Money is much easier to come by than exp is for a light character.

garath

So I cleared apprentice and adept on the Blades of Justice pretty handily even with my light based team but adept was getting a little hairier. I could go the defensive route and take a healer with me and try expert but I'm afraid of wasting the stamina. I did manage to get a second tier gold mask I was looking for to evolve my siren (now just need the stinkin little yellow evo materials) so that was nice.

I'd like the magic stone and any other drops from it but dammit, I don't want to miss the next gold dragon dungeon and I don't even know if I can do the expert level dungeon.

xelios

been rerolling. been getting Golems.. golems and more golems :/
should have kept the first Undine

Nah Undine kinda sucks, you are better off rerolling.

I also just discovered 450 is the MAX # of monster boxes.

kswiston

I could see selling the regular gold dragons, but I think it would be foolish to sell the High Metal/King ones. Money is much easier to come by than exp is for a light character.

Depends on your team make up and where you are in the game I guess.

I haven't sold any of my high golds (haven't received any kings yet), however, early in the game $300k will go pretty damn far in developing your team. Especially if you don't have many light monsters. You can still use metal dragons of other colours on light monsters as well. It may not be optimal, but sometimes I have more dark metal dragons than I know what to do with.

So I cleared apprentice and adept on the Blades of Justice pretty handily even with my light based team but adept was getting a little hairier. I could go the defensive route and take a healer with me and try expert but I'm afraid of wasting the stamina. I did manage to get a second tier gold mask I was looking for to evolve my siren (now just need the stinkin little yellow evo materials) so that was nice.

I'd like the magic stone and any other drops from it but dammit, I don't want to miss the next gold dragon dungeon and I don't even know if I can do the expert level dungeon.

To clear the final floor in Blade of Dungeons, you need to be able to withstand two 4000+ hits at the same time (whether that is through damage reduction, or a high HP total is up to you). You also need to be able to make up that damage pretty quickly, since the three boss monsters are on 3 turn timers. It's a big jump in difficulty from the adept dungeon.

Owzers

It feels weird and counter intuitive that the monsters you use in battle don't get exp/level up from those battles themselves. You get exp for your level and some gold, but your poor little creatures get nothing unless you feed them an egg.

I have actually found that money is not an issue, stamina is stopping me from getting enough materials to fuse.

if you power-up fuse correctly, money shouldn't be an issue. but thats too much for me to worry about. Pludering the weekending dungeon gives SO much money. Stamina takes too long to recharge as far as i know. What is it, like 10min/point?

It feels weird and counter intuitive that the monsters you use in battle don't get exp/level up from those battles themselves. You get exp for your level and some gold, but your poor little creatures get nothing unless you feed them an egg.

canabalistic bastards

xelios

What do the mystic knights do, besides serve as a team member? Why are people farming multiples of them?

I'm guessing to try to skill up their active skill (dark orbs < light orbs) to take less turns to charge.

Jinko

What do the mystic knights do, besides serve as a team member? Why are people farming multiples of them?

Their final evolution has good boosting capabilities like 2 x RCU, 2.5 X ATK etc and they are a good orb changer.

Mystic knights change into ADK and CDK also.

I just want one!! dammit.

Thsi was my third time running it. So hang in there. First two times I got squat. Third time in, the first pack of monsters had a knight in it, which if you encounter is 100% drop. And then another one dropped from the boss.

In addition to what others said, the leader skill is -30% light damage, which itself is pretty good I think

kswiston

Their final evolution has good boosting capabilities like 2 x RCU, 2.5 X ATK etc and they are a good orb changer.

Mystic knights change into ADK and CDK also.

Is there somewhere I can read about this stuff in English, or are all the wikis/databases still Japanese only?

I use http://pd.appbank.net to look up monster stuff, but google translate is not so good at translating the strategy sections.

Ducktail

Just switched Overlord Hades for a Dark Golem Mk.III for the time being, His couterattack skill is neat if I pair up with a healer.

I need more overly powerful buddies, please add me : 381,336, 292

=p

massoluk

Banned
Uh.

"Number of Friends has reached the maximum limit.

Error code: 12"

But I have 23/29, I even deleted some dudes regrettably to clear the fridge. What gives?

ParityBit

How do you guys decide what to do next? I usually wait for the daily dragons, but at the same time I think about trying the blade of Justice or Sky Dragon dungeons.

Or I can to find what dungeons I need to evolve what I have ....

garath

Depends on your team make up and where you are in the game I guess.

I haven't sold any of my high golds (haven't received any kings yet), however, early in the game $300k will go pretty damn far in developing your team. Especially if you don't have many light monsters. You can still use metal dragons of other colours on light monsters as well. It may not be optimal, but sometimes I have more dark metal dragons than I know what to do with.

To clear the final floor in Blade of Dungeons, you need to be able to withstand two 4000+ hits at the same time (whether that is through damage reduction, or a high HP total is up to you). You also need to be able to make up that damage pretty quickly, since the three boss monsters are on 3 turn timers. It's a big jump in difficulty from the adept dungeon.

Thanks for the info on the expert level. I don't think I could manage that. I don't have a light reducer yet and even with the best helpers on my friends list I have barely 7k hp. Not happening.

Grind adept to get mystic knight ahoy.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
How do you guys decide what to do next? I usually wait for the daily dragons, but at the same time I think about trying the blade of Justice or Sky Dragon dungeons.

Or I can to find what dungeons I need to evolve what I have ....

My current goal is to get a power team to farm special dungeons. Mostly just saving stam for daily dungeons right now.

Uthred

Thsi was my third time running it. So hang in there. First two times I got squat. Third time in, the first pack of monsters had a knight in it, which if you encounter is 100% drop. And then another one dropped from the boss

The random knights arent a 100% drop

Ferrio

Banned
So, when are the daily dungeon times? They're the best place to get exp for fusion right? I've beaten the castle of satan..but I need to up my team some... and not getting much exp anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom