• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducktail

Aw, man. I couldnt even get to the keeper of rainbow, just 2 rounds, though i managed to defeat all the other keepers. Finally got a decent thing out of the pal machine : dub-mithlit.

daemissary

Waiting til Friday for -lits is gonna suck. I know I'm gonna cave and spend a stone to upgrade my box.

What does the "8 HR to go" mean when you're selecting friends from the explorer list?

ToxicAdam

It's so hard to level up characters from levels 45-70. You almost have to throw all your focus into doing one at a time, otherwise you will never get it done.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Waiting til Friday for -lits is gonna suck. I know I'm gonna cave and spend a stone to upgrade my box.

What does the "8 HR to go" mean when you're selecting friends from the explorer list?

The time until you can use them again if they don't log-in in the meantime.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It's so hard to level up characters from levels 45-70. You almost have to throw all your focus into doing one at a time, otherwise you will never get it done.

This is why I spent stones on stam for the golden dungeon. I have piles of gold dragons, but more importantly, I still have 2 king gold dragons for that huge push. :)

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Well yesterday I asked whether I should keep my ADK or Amaterasu Ohkami as leader to help friends the most. Amaterasu is the clear winner as she's been used 30-40 times since last night, lol.

I will be switching to ADK when farming dungeons though, don't panic. :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Well yesterday I asked whether I should keep my ADK or Amaterasu Ohkami as leader to help friends the most. Amaterasu is the clear winner as she's been used 30-40 times since last night, lol.

I will be switching to ADK when farming dungeons though, don't panic. :)

So jelly that you have that chick, haha. She is CLUTCH for my farming.

xelios

Alright I have a question about when people can use my leader. Is it once each time I log in? Multiple times as long as I'm playing? I'm not sure myself, I've noticed I could use some people over and over while farming the gold dragon dungeon, but I dunno if they were logging in and out like me or what.

Alright I have a question about when people can use my leader. Is it once each time I log in? Multiple times as long as I'm playing? I'm not sure myself, I've noticed I could use some people over and over while farming the gold dragon dungeon, but I dunno if they were logging in and out like me or what.

i think the log-in / log-out thing resets the amount of PAL points you get. It seems you can reuse the same person repeatedly (and not get the 10 points), as long as the timer doesn't expire.

<unofficial research>

There's a timer that says how long they can be used for on the select explorer screen. When that player logs in again, the timer resets. The initial length of the timer depends on the difference in level between you and them.

xelios

There's a timer that says how long they can be used for on the select explorer screen. When that player logs in again, the timer resets. The initial length of the timer depends on the difference in level between you and them.

Ah so people can use me as many times as they want as long as the timer is up and vice versa, meaning I only need to log in a few times a day. That's good to know, thanks guys.

J0dy77

Keeper dungeons feel so good. <3

Flame Knight and Keeper of Flame get!

What level of dungeon do you need to defeat to start doing Expert dungeons? I'm currently on Flare after defeating Satan but seem nowhere near ready for Expert lvl. Trying to get a good gauge for when I can start doing Expert.

What level of dungeon do you need to defeat to start doing Expert dungeons? I'm currently on Flare after defeating Satan but seem nowhere near ready for Expert lvl. Trying to get a good gauge for when I can start doing Expert.
You're about at the point where you can attempt Expert, but keep in mind Expert/Master/Hell difficulty is less about stats and more about having the specific strategy to clear the dungeon. The Keepers are probably on the low end of the Expert difficulty curve cause all you really need to worry about is the Keeper's high attack.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

I just beat Satan the other night, but my team is reasonably strong enough to take them on. The real trick is having a good healer for either your leader or your partner (for the lower level ones at least). You should go in with around 5k health and a "greatly heals HP when orbs are matched" ability (E: for keepers...Others will depend on strategy). From there, it's just a matter of making matches every turn.

My current team:

Vamp Lord 26 (Leader)
Blood Demon 46
Lilith 24
Black Dragon 25
Volcano Dragon 27 <-- I switch him out for other elements based on what dungeon I run. He will be an orb changer when I get one.

My partner is typically Archangel, Siren the Enchanter, Alraune, or Amaterasu Ahkami. I've never had a problem to this point.

KuroNeeko

Has anyone had any evolution of either succubus or cupid drop in a normal dungeon? I keep running them but haven't had any luck.

Slowly making my way through the Tower of Satan with my light team. Haven't had any problems yet but splitting my stamina between ToS and the Punt Princess collaboration dungeon they've got up. You guys without Balloon Penguins are missing out...

Screenshot_2013-01-16-01-13-51_zps40065214.png

J0dy77

You're about at the point where you can attempt Expert, but keep in mind Expert/Master/Hell difficulty is less about stats and more about having the specific strategy to clear the dungeon. The Keepers are probably on the low end of the Expert difficulty curve cause all you really need to worry about is the Keeper's high attack.

I just beat Satan the other night, but my team is reasonably strong enough to take them on. The real trick is having a good healer for either your leader or your partner (for the lower level ones at least). You should go in with around 5k health and a "greatly heals HP when orbs are matched" ability (E: for keepers...Others will depend on strategy). From there, it's just a matter of making matches every turn.

My current team:

Vamp Lord 26 (Leader)
Blood Demon 46
Lilith 24
Black Dragon 25
Volcano Dragon 27 <-- I switch him out for other elements based on what dungeon I run. He will be an orb changer when I get one.

My partner is typically Archangel, Siren the Enchanter, Alraune, or Amaterasu Ahkami. I've never had a problem to this point.

Thanks for the replies. I'm using a lvl 40 angel as my leader but it seems like my damage is lacking. I have the HP. Maybe pick a better partner.

commish

If you can use an Odin and a healer, you should be fine for at least the non-Rainbow Keeper dungeons. I haven't tried Rainbow yet.

ToxicAdam

I think I have figured out how to get past the last stage of Polar Night. I need to have my Sylph (x2 hp) as the leader and then bring along another hp doubler as my friend (Rekwest has a Cu-Cthulu). That should give me about 17,000 hps.

I tried it earlier with Sylph and brought along a damage halver, but I got eaten up by the dark mobs. Couldn't heal fast enough.

ParityBit

And any advice on my team listed above and trying to get further along? i.e level up something? Or just try to push through?

I was able to get past the first level of the dungeon only because I used someones Green Odin as a helper. But now he is no longer on my list and I doubt I could go any further :(

Owzers

O______O worst metal dragon luck today, killed 3 kings and didn't get a single egg drop from them, 3 dungeons worth of standard metals :( :(

ToxicAdam

O______O worst metal dragon luck today, killed 3 kings and didn't get a single egg drop from them, 3 dungeons worth of standard metals :( :(

0-o I've never had a King not a drop an egg. Are you sure you are not confusing a king with a High metal dragon? King's appear by themselves and the High metal ones appear with two smalls.

xelios

Ohhh my lord, Rainbow Keeper has so many HP/defense. So easy with Amaterasu Ohkami + Viper Orochi leaders, no worry of dying, but whittling away at HP is not fun. Vritras dark attack really helps take a chunk every 20 turns and it turned out I didn't need Echidna or Lilith, so I'm gonna bring along some more big attacks next run.

Owzers

0-o I've never had a King not a drop an egg. Are you sure you are not confusing a king with a High metal dragon? King's appear by themselves and the High metal ones appear with two smalls.

they were kingly kings, i've had them occasionally not drop an egg for me, but never three times in a row Xo. Puzzle gut punch.

raiot

Xelios, whats your dmg output at rainbow keeper? Do you think I have a chance with my Orochi and your Amaterasu as leaders and then just take hades and a few dark mobs?

xelios

Xelios, whats your dmg output at rainbow keeper? Do you think I have a chance with my Orochi and your Amaterasu as leaders and then just take hades and a few dark mobs?

My damage output is terrible besides Vritras dark attack every 20 rounds; since I went too much on the defensive I'm doing 1 damage + 525 or something from Echidna, then 50k or so from Vritra. I'm definitely going to try a different route next time. With my Amaterasu Ohkami + Viper Orochi you have no chance of dying from the keepers if you are safe and manage to get past the first few rounds, and with Hades it shouldn't take you very long to down him.

Edit: Just killed him after about 30 minutes and got the golden egg. :)

mjc

I kinda wanna try the Tuesday Dungeon or maybe the Metal Dragons one but I'm not sure if it's worth the stamina. I'm Rank 22 but I know one run of the Tuesday Dungeon would wipe out my Stamina for half the day. Hmmm.

ccbfan

Anyone know a good way to get an indigo divine mask?

I know I could try the Wednesday dungeon but I can't survive it since I have no poison characters. (Speaking of which any easy to get characters with poison?)

Any other place with the drop?

ToxicAdam

I know I could try the Wednesday dungeon but I can't survive it since I have no poison characters. (Speaking of which any easy to get characters with poison?)

If you can get Shiva (Flame God) as a friend, you can sweep each round of the Mask dungeon with his special. You just have to spend the first round charging it up.

commish

I kinda wanna try the Tuesday Dungeon or maybe the Metal Dragons one but I'm not sure if it's worth the stamina. I'm Rank 22 but I know one run of the Tuesday Dungeon would wipe out my Stamina for half the day. Hmmm.

It's an expert level dungeon so plan accordingly if you try the Tuesday Dungeon. The Metal Dragons are, however, very easy and worth doing.

Which of these should I set as my leader to be the most helpful to the largest number of people?

Assume that anyone who is underlevelled would be levelled to 30-35 before I set him as leader:

Quye2.jpg
N3AJo.jpg

DUzY7.jpg
9ztlZ.jpg

raiot

You dont need a special group for the mask dungeon.
Put an oger or orochi as leader, a 5* healer as second leader and 4 of the lits as dmg dealers. All mask have only 15 live, so it doesnt matter if you have low dmg output. The orochi/oger will negate the hits, the healer will give you invincibility. Just beware of mask that attack at the same turn! (The perfect team would be: Orochi, 4 saphilite, Siren 5*)

ToxicAdam

Which of these should I set as my leader to be the most helpful to the largest number of people?

[/IMG]

Personally, I would favor the Golem. Massive HP's, good attack and good leader skill. Which reminds me ... I need to work on evolving my 4 star Light Golem.

Vamp Lord is good too .. but I see a lot of those.

Jinko

^ Golem that counter attack is awesome :D

I wouldn't mind trying 2 of these in a party, crazy HP and mobs would kill themselves :p

Figured it was going to be golem, but just wanted to make sure. Got him as well as the Vamp Lord from the rare egg machine last night, between that and getting ALL 3 keepers I needed last night, things are starting to look up.

On the flip side, seems like my attention is going to have to be very focused for the next few weeks. There's not much for me to do at this point except level up the new guys I got from the rare egg machine, so I'm going to be farming the hell out of Metal Dragons, Technical Dungeons (for Pengdras) and thursday dungeons (for dragon plants). Guess I won't be doing anything else for a while, lol.

I just wish they'd do another Altert! Emerald Dragon dungeon so I could get a bunch of materials to evolve some pengdras

ccbfan

You dont need a special group for the mask dungeon.
Put an oger or orochi as leader, a 5* healer as second leader and 4 of the lits as dmg dealers. All mask have only 15 live, so it doesnt matter if you have low dmg output. The orochi/oger will negate the hits, the healer will give you invincibility. Just beware of mask that attack at the same turn! (The perfect team would be: Orochi, 4 saphilite, Siren 5*)

Oh OK. Thank God.

I read the strategy link in the first post and it states that the final part of the mask dungeon includes a mystic mask that attacks every turn and does 4000 damage, a dark mask and a light mask and didn't think I could avoid a double attack.

LOL I just realised something writing this. As long as a prep 3 easy 5 orb blues the level before the last I should still be able to finish the last stage easily.

Xelios, your Amaterasu helped me clear the expert Sky Dragon of Darkness! Too bad I only have 48 stamina and can't attempt the Master level, yet, though I don't know if I'd even be able to beat it if I did have access.

Little helpful tip that most people probably already know, but for those who don't. If you only have a little bit of exp to go before a Rank-up, play the most expensive dungeon you have the stamina for, that you can actually beat. This will maximize your stamina usage, and is the perfect time to play those high stamina special stages. You'll deplete your stamina meter and get it filled right back after the Rank-up.

xelios

Xelios, your Amaterasu helped me clear the expert Sky Dragon of Darkness! Too bad I only have 48 stamina and can't attempt the Master level, yet, though I don't know if I'd even be able to beat it if I did have access.

Glad to hear, gonna keep her for a while judging by friend usage when I sign in.

Also, I'm extremely jealous of people who have Hades or whatever for running this rainbow keeper; I have to chip away sooo slowly. The only comfort is a Vritra attack coming very 20 rounds, and I MUST have Amaterasu and Viper as my leaders to survive. -_- Any ideas on what could help with him besides that? I'm taking a golem along to lower his defense for some rounds too, allowing me to get in a few non-one-damage hits. I'll have to take a screen of my monster box in a few I guess.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Glad to hear, gonna keep her for a while judging by friend usage when I sign in.

Also, I'm extremely jealous of people who have Hades or whatever for running this rainbow keeper; I have to chip away sooo slowly. The only comfort is a Vritra attack coming very 20 rounds, and I MUST have Amaterasu and Viper as my leaders to survive. -_- Any ideas on what could help with him besides that?

How bad is the dungeon leading up to him? I have a Viper on my friend's list, so I could potentially give it a shot. And is it JUST a resolve leader that you need? Because I have a resolve and a number of Siren and Amaterasu's that I can use instead.

xelios

How bad is the dungeon leading up to him? I have a Viper on my friend's list, so I could potentially give it a shot. And is it JUST a resolve leader that you need? Because I have a resolve and a number of Siren and Amaterasu's that I can use instead.

The Rainbow Keeper only hits every 5 turns, so you must have a resolve, but I'm guessing any orb matching healer can heal you up in 5 as long as you don't have too much hp. There is a light keeper before him that is "strong" and hits much faster, though.

ParityBit

So at lunch I tried to complete the second level of the Fire Forest Nerva, using a Viper Orochi and failed miserably again. Seems the only way I can complete this with my current team is to use a Green Odin. That is assuming there is only one boss at the end (or a good amount of space of time between attacks)

Any advice?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
seeing the badass monsters you guys have makes me pick up my phone and start playing....and then looking at my sad ass group of lackeys

:(
As long as I'm enjoying my time with the game I try to not pay too much mind to all this high level stuff beyond a "wow, this looks cool" while focusing on not screwing up the monster feeding. Let's all celebrate our small victories!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom