• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Finally got the Keeper of Flame to evolve my Tyrannos! AND a bonus Keeper of Dark just for my Devil Dragon. Only need a green one for Mandrake and a light one for my Holy Dragon :)

ParityBit

Probably not "worth" it, unless you have nothing else to do. I don't see anything different between them on the wiki, besides a difference in max stats.

How did you get your Amu up that high?! I try to dump 5 gold dragons on mine and she gets from level 30 to ... level 30.5.

Victrix

*beard*
Heads up, big god promotion today on the rare machine, increased chances for all Norse and Japanese gods, chance at 6* versions of them, and the Light promotion appears to still be active.

If you're planning on using it at all, now is probably a good time.

And Keeper dungeons are 2x drop today, time to try for another Keeper of Rainbow...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Heads up, big god promotion today on the rare machine, increased chances for all Norse and Japanese gods, chance at 6* versions of them, and the Light promotion appears to still be active.

If you're planning on using it at all, now is probably a good time.

And Keeper dungeons are 2x drop today, time to try for another Keeper of Rainbow...

Is there a full list of bonus Gods in there?

Also, any tips for Keeper dungeons? I need the Green Keeper...

ParityBit

It really seems like you should level one of each lil' dragon to get the resistances. Lots of screen shots I see of others being successful in dungeons have there as leaders.

Kosh

‎[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 1/15/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

Kosh

Meh, with all these gods and light with extra chances, I tried a pull and got a Toyceratops. Oh well, it has +RCV so I'll feed it to a Amaterasu if I ever get one.

Jinko

It really seems like you should level one of each lil' dragon to get the resistances. Lots of screen shots I see of others being successful in dungeons have there as leaders.

Toy dragons could be a better option they have 50% reduction to two elements, they aren't as easy to get though, gacha only I think.

Meh, with all these gods and light with extra chances, I tried a pull and got a Toyceratops. Oh well, it has +RCV so I'll feed it to a Amaterasu if I ever get one.

They are good when fully evolved see above.

raiot

So just to get this right, if my stamina is depleted and i want others to have a chance play with my orochi, I have to set it as my leader, right?

ParityBit

Toy dragons could be a better option they have 50% reduction to two elements, they aren't as easy to get though, gacha only I think.

So you have to use gems to hope for them? That really stinks. Its hard enough to even try to level up my Amu (OK, seems impossible). I was trying to level up some of my lil's, but I never seem to have enough stamina to get things to level them up.

Radav

Ah really? I was hoping to someday get lucky and get a toyceratops from that technical dungeon that has 2 babies and 1 big one as a boss.

Victrix

*beard*
So you have to use gems to hope for them? That really stinks. Its hard enough to even try to level up my Amu (OK, seems impossible). I was trying to level up some of my lil's, but I never seem to have enough stamina to get things to level them up.

All of your puzzlemon leveling should be done with Pengdras from the technical dungeons, or colored dragons (evolving Pengdra with them if at all possible)

It's hugely stamina inefficient to level them with random drops, not to mention horrendously expensive because you're leveling them and paying the increased cost every time, instead of shooting up levels all at once

Ah really? I was hoping to someday get lucky and get a toyceratops from that technical dungeon that has 2 babies and 1 big one as a boss.

There are next to no rare creatures that drop in the regular or technical dungeons, the only really rare drops come from the time limited special dungeons

Off the top of my head:

Vampire, Titan
Healer girls
Golems
lil' Dragons
Rainbow Keeper

And that's basically it. Everything else is the usual fodder monsters (goblins, knights, chimera, etc).

Everything else is special dungeon or rare machine only. I think Hera and Zeus come from their respective dungeons as drops, but none of the other gods drop.

harrytang

They are good when fully evolved see above.

the fairlion or yellow toy dragon dropped twice for me so far in game. leveled one to 5* and used in the the blades dungeon yesterday. resistance to light and wood. it's great

you can check the Chinese wikia to see what dungeons drop which monsters. tech only dropping cash dont farm for toy dragons there.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
With a high level Ama as your partner, most dungeons (where you can absorb the hit) are a joke. Green keeper cleared. Got a Keeper of Dark and a Keeper of Woods out of it.

ParityBit

All of your puzzlemon leveling should be done with Pengdras from the technical dungeons, or colored dragons (evolving Pengdra with them if at all possible)

So I should power through to the technical dungeons? I can try that because my main is Amu and leaving her at level 30 is probably not the best idea. Although I do not know if I can move too much further with my team.[/QUOTE]

harrytang

So I should power through to the technical dungeons? I can try that because my main is Amu and leaving her at level 30 is probably not the best idea. Although I do not know if I can move too much further with my team.

i think you only need to get through the first 3 for the diff colored pengdras. i farm floor 2 but maybe someone else has a better floor per dungeon. eventually you can clear them in 5 min or less with a power team of the dominate color.

ParityBit

i think you only need to get through the first 3 for the diff colored pengdras. i farm floor 2 but maybe someone else has a better floor per dungeon. eventually you can clear them in 5 min or less with a power team of the dominate color.

I am on the Fire Forest Nerva, first floor. On my cell account.

My team ...

Amu / 5* / level 30
Tyrannos / 4* / level 25
Marine Rider / 5* / level 20
White Knight / 3* / Level 22
Black Dragon / 3* / Level 14

Backups ...

Red Ogre / 2* / level 14
lil' Green
Big Flamie
Big Woodsie

Not really sure if I can push through with this team. Any suggestions?

i only have one friend with an Amu. feelsbadbro. (397.532.290). Running an Echinda now, see if people like that

picked up the Red and Light keepers today, should be able to evolve to Firedragon today (assuming i can get some evo materials easily...)

that awkward moment where your phones battery makes you stop playing instead of lack of stamina

I am on the Fire Forest Nerva, first floor. On my cell account.

My team ...

Amu / 5* / level 30
Tyrannos / 4* / level 25
Marine Rider / 5* / level 20
White Knight / 3* / Level 22
Black Dragon / 3* / Level 14

Backups ...

Red Ogre / 2* / level 14
lil' Green
Big Flamie
Big Woodsie

Not really sure if I can push through with this team. Any suggestions?

my team is far shittier than yours and i pushed through relatively easily. Had to use a friends' healer and i'm running a 3fire/2water team. shouldn't be an issue. Although using Echinda to delay attacks is pretty crucial at times

raiot

i only have one friend with an Amu. feelsbadbro. (397.532.290). Running an Echinda now, see if people like that

picked up the Red and Light keepers today, should be able to evolve to Firedragon today (assuming i can get some evo materials easily...)

that awkward moment where your phones battery makes you stop playing instead of lack of stamina

I wish I had this problem... I constantly out of stamina since I hit the 40s... (50 now) :(

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Finally unlocked the technical dungeons. Beat the second half of Castle of Satan way sooner than I expected thanks to this motherfucker that did wonders to my HP with his helper leader skill:

BE4JD.png

J0dy77

‎[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 1/15/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
D: 8:00 13:00 18:00
E: 9:00 14:00 19:00

Can someone explain how to read this? Do the times correlate to a specific time zone or is it specific to your device?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I need a good dark orb changer besides my Vamp Lord. Any suggestions on who/what to farm?

Can someone explain how to read this? Do the times correlate to a specific time zone or is it specific to your device?

If your friend ID is 123,456,789, you would take the 3rd digit on the left (so in this case, 3), and that would put you in group D. The times you see are PST.

raiot

I need a good dark orb changer besides my Vamp Lord. Any suggestions on who/what to farm?

If your friend ID is 123,456,789, you would take the 3rd digit on the left (so in this case, 3), and that would put you in group D. The times you see are PST.

Chaos Knight.... but i dont think my team is ready to conquer the dark sky dragon on expert yet... :(

harrytang

Chaos Knight.... but i dont think my team is ready to conquer the dark sky dragon on expert yet... :(

i tried it with hades and got crushed. leader healing for only 1500 and getting hit each turn for 2800. i think odin probably the best best if you bring your own healer, which is a must for no rcv.

ParityBit

my team is far shittier than yours and i pushed through relatively easily. Had to use a friends' healer and i'm running a 3fire/2water team. shouldn't be an issue. Although using Echinda to delay attacks is pretty crucial at times

How? I couldn't even do enough damage to get the last boss of the Fire Forest Nerva, first floor, 1/2 way down and I died. (Just tried it)

I brought along a vampire lord with the hopes he could do damage ...

i'm kind of bummed i didn't reroll (didn't know about it at the time) to get a better starter. Havn't even been using my marine rider all that much since i don't use wood at all

How? I couldn't even do enough damage to get the last boss of the Fire Forest Nerva, first floor, 1/2 way down and I died. (Just tried it)

I brought along a vampire lord with the hopes he could do damage ...

i had my starter dragon as leader giving 1.5x attack for red. probably used a siren friend as a healer, with Echinda delaying attacks when needed. I was running through Nerva yesterday when it had 2x drops with the following team :

Tyrannos (**** lv 33)
Echinda (**** lv 55)
Samurai Ogre (*** lv20)
Mystic Ice Knight (*** lv25)
Ice Ogre (*** lv9)

team is really bad....need to replace the Ogre's desperately as they have no skills but are just tanks

Yup - my Freyja is just hanging out in my box. I re-rolled like, 10 times before getting her. I now have a Mandrake (which will suffice for a healer later), my Vamp Lord, and 4/5 Lil' Dragons in 3rd form (can't find that damn water). Whatever - it's nice to have a God, even if I won't use her haha

my only 'healer' is Echinda....and i don't even think she really counts! been using friends' to help me out GAF be hooking me up

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
i'm kind of bummed i didn't reroll (didn't know about it at the time) to get a better starter. Havn't even been using my marine rider all that much since i don't use wood at all

Yup - my Freyja is just hanging out in my box. I re-rolled like, 10 times before getting her. I now have a Mandrake (which will suffice for a healer later), my Vamp Lord, and 4/5 Lil' Dragons in 3rd form (can't find that damn water). Whatever - it's nice to have a God, even if I won't use her haha

Radav

Yay! Was very happy to finish my first Tues. dungeon and find it was really easy. I'll definitely be doing it as many times as I can today to fill up on keepers and take advantage of the increased drop rate. First run I got a Keeper of Water and Keeper of Light. Water is going towards my Siren which all I need now is a mythlit and I'll be able to evolve her.

I'm worried that mythlit is going to be the bottleneck. I ran the fri. dungeon a bunch last week and didn't get one to drop. Maybe they're easy to get in the expert dungeon? I was only running the lower stamina one because I needed a bunch of the -lits.

Fuu

Sucks having to wait until thursday to get two dragon flowers so I can free my box a little, there was a time I was filled to the brim with those.

Yay! Was very happy to finish my first Tues. dungeon and find it was really easy. I'll definitely be doing it as many times as I can today to fill up on keepers and take advantage of the increased drop rate. First run I got a Keeper of Water and Keeper of Light. Water is going towards my Siren which all I need now is a mythlit and I'll be able to evolve her.

I'm worried that mythlit is going to be the bottleneck. I ran the fri. dungeon a bunch last week and didn't get one to drop. Maybe they're easy to get in the expert dungeon? I was only running the lower stamina one because I needed a bunch of the -lits.
The expert dungeon is primarily Dublits, so you'll have a hard time finding a Mythlit there. Adept is still probably your best bet.

ToxicAdam

Sucks having to wait until thursday to get two dragon flowers so I can free my box a little, there was a time I was filled to the brim with those.

Dragon Flowers drop pretty easily in the Tower of Giants. If you have some extra stamina might think about trolling there.

Fuu

Dragon Flowers drop pretty easily in the Tower of Giants. If you have some extra stamina might think about trolling there.
Yeah I probably will, I always do that for the basic __lits and get them on a first run, but the flowers decided to become too elusive the last times I tried haha.

MicH

YES! Finally got another Mystic Light Knight from the Blade of Justice after I accidentally sold my first one. Now I can direct all my stamina towards the Tuesday dungeon

ParityBit

Owzers

Keeper of Earth was definitely an "easy" Expert stage, the only expert i've ever beaten. I'm close to leveling so i'm going to save a few staminas up and do keeper of water with someone's ADK buddy since my monsters are feti and the exp will let me level up...thus having stamina for the metal dragons XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom