• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
The random knights arent a 100% drop

Oh weird I must have been mistaken then. Guess I just got lucky, lol

I get a lot of help from your ADK, I rip through the mat dungeons so fast lol. Also you're always up, seems like you log on a lot too.

Speaking of which, what determines if a person shows up as a helper? Some of my most useful helpers only show up really rarely.

BTW: Do you need a rank 40 friend whose best leader is a Dark Dragon Knight? lol

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Speaking of which, what determines if a person shows up as a helper? Some of my most useful helpers only show up really rarely

I think it's refreshed every time they log out and in again, though I could be wrong. I know the "x hours" is how long you can use them once if they were to log out and not come back.

BTW: Do you need a rank 40 friend whose best leader is a Dark Dragon Knight? lol

Yeah you can add me, just PM me your ID or put it here since my list is almost full. I have a level 80 ADK and will have a ~55 6* Amaterasu come Tuesday. I'm in the spreadsheet as well.

ParityBit

My current goal is to get a power team to farm special dungeons. Mostly just saving stam for daily dungeons right now.

I am doing that too. Although I wonder if I am missing something I need in the daily's .... I was thinking I may MAX everything and the hunt for evo's .....

I don't know

The random knights arent a 100% drop

What are the knight drops everyone wants? (and what dungeon?)

Jinko

Thanks for the info on the expert level. I don't think I could manage that. I don't have a light reducer yet and even with the best helpers on my friends list I have barely 7k hp. Not happening.

Grind adept to get mystic knight ahoy.

I have a 50% light reducer if you want me to throw him on for a bit.

mjc

So I got a King Gold Dragon from my one dungeon run...should I use that to enhance my Cupid or should I hold onto it incase I get a better light monster?

garath

Speaking of which, what determines if a person shows up as a helper? Some of my most useful helpers only show up really rarely.

I could use help from a Dark Dragon Knight leader :)

My leader is Thor. Light powa :(

You don't seem to be on the GAF spreadsheet (unless I'm overlooking it). My number is 386,631,294 if you want to add me :)

I have a 50% light reducer if you want me to throw him on for a bit.

Hmm.. I'd still have to survive 4k damage per 3 rounds then. I think I'd still struggle with my light based team. Not enough damage. Thanks though!!

xelios

Also if people don't rename themselves with GAF somewhere in their name I'll probably delete you at some point (other people may too) since I'll think you're some random person. GAFfers > random people.

@cpp - alright, I'll remember

I'll add you guys. I joined the Facebook group a while ago so I had to put @PG in my name there. Anyway I'm Lemon @ pg so when you see me you'll know. And I log on basically constantly lol, so hopefully I'll pop up frequently

Maybe I'll change my name to cppgaf@pg. LemonGAF@pg is 1 letter too long, lol

So I got a King Gold Dragon from my one dungeon run...should I use that to enhance my Cupid or should I hold onto it incase I get a better light monster?
Leveling Cupid into Angel doesn't cost a whole lotta money or time. Hold onto it until Angel reaches at least LV30 to get the most efficient use out of it.

Also FAV friends you don't want to delete in case you forget in the future as another precaution.

lenni

Does anyone know at which time a level's drop is determined?
The instant the screen pops up, or the time a monster is killed?
I ask because I was wondering if it would be at all beneficial to kill the monster I want to drop first, or if it's already decided.

xelios

Does anyone know at which time a level's drop is determined?
The instant the screen pops up, or the time a monster is killed?
I ask because I was wondering if it would be at all beneficial to kill the monster I want to drop first, or if it's already decided.

Pretty sure it's all decided when you enter the dungeon.

kswiston

Hmm.. I'd still have to survive 4k damage per 3 rounds then. I think I'd still struggle with my light based team. Not enough damage. Thanks though!!

Sorry, I think I was unclear last time.

Each of the three boss monsters (Verche, Monster #105) are on 3 turn timers. Two of them have synchronized timers and the other is on its own. So the attack pattern is like this:

- Free Turn with no monster attacks
- One Verche attacks you (4k+ if you don't have something to reduce damage)
- Two Verche attack you (so 8k+ damage)
- repeat those three steps until you kill something

You basically need a good healer and a light damage reduction monster as your leader/helper (or else a healer, High HP, and the use of hearts).

Sorry, I think I was unclear last time.

Each of the three boss monsters (Verche, Monster #105) are on 3 turn timers. Two of them have synchronized timers and the other is on its own. So the attack pattern is like this:

- Free Turn with no monster attacks
- One Verche attacks you (4k+ if you don't have something to reduce damage)
- Two Verche attack you (so 8k+ damage)
- repeat those three steps until you kill something

You basically need a good healer and a light damage reduction monster as your leader/helper (or else a healer, High HP, and the use of hearts).

Generaly in situations like this you want to kill one of the ones with synchronized attacks first, if at all possible.

Victrix

*beard*
The timer is not always desynchronized, there's some randomness - I ran into all three on the same turn timer on one Expert run, so be ready for that possibility.

So outside of Rare Eggs, is Sea Cave Mercury / Voice of the Siren seriously the best way to get a Mermaid / Siren? I've never, ever seen a boss monster drop an egg even once the entire time I've been playing,a nd I'm all the way through Castle of Satan and like rank 42. So I'm putting the odds at like 1/200 or worse. Even with 2x drop bonus this could take weeks if you get unlucky, for just 1 monster. Is this really the best way?

Aggrotek

Ok, I need some advice.

This is my monster box:
j7E1m.png

Should I hold onto these dragons? Or should I feed them to something?

I have no idea who to put in my party.

Uthred

Ok, I need some advice.

Should I hold onto these dragons? Or should I feed them to something?

I have no idea who to put in my party.

You generally want to hold on to the dragons as they can be awkward to get, harpies on the other hand are relatively easy to get so feel free to feed them to something. Harpies do make for decent early game attackers and only take around 11.5K xp to max out/ready for evo. Cant recall what Dino Riders leadership ability is, is it to double attack types power? If so stick Dino Rider as leader, Harpie and whicever three of the four dragons have the best stats as your "troops" and give that a go?

Basically for the early game, unless you get lucky with multiple powerful drops, you're probably going to end up building your team around your "best" guy - in this case Dino Rider, as he doubles the atk of Attack types then you want to try and fill your four regular slots with the best attackers you can get (generally the doubling effect will make them a better choice than non attackers) and then get healing/dps/utility powers from your Helper slot (you should tailor your friend list to suit your needs on this front). As you gain a wider stable of monsters you'll have more options to expand your team or even change the makeup completely. Some easy to get early game attackers are the "goblins" of each colour, they also dont take much resources to evole (though check the stats, even doubled your dragons might still serve you better). The next step up from them are the harpies/demons/etc of each colour - which can be got from the current special dark and light dungeons if you can manage them, as well as the later and technical dungeons. Along those lines I've found the starting off mono-colour teams can be a little high risk, best to try and spread out so you have multiple colours (dark and light work well for this as they're "netural" against the other three colours) - so you always have opportunities for meaningful matches.

daemissary

Lightly considering getting an iPad just so I can download this again and have a 2nd team of dudes.

Do I have an addiction problem?

The one lil' dragon I am missing is the dark :( I have a dark starter though! How did you get so many dragons of one color? I think I have 2 of all except black and green.
Got lucky. Got the dark dragon knight from one of the 3 rare pulls that I spent my first 15 stones on(not counting my very first which was an ADK). Got lil black dragon from a drop(don't remember where). And I got the starter dark dragon from sending Xelios my friend egg.

Aggrotek

You generally want to hold on to the dragons as they can be awkward to get, harpies on the other hand are relatively easy to get so feel free to feed them to something. Harpies do make for decent early game attackers and only take around 11.5K xp to max out/ready for evo. Cant recall what Dino Riders leadership ability is, is it to double attack types power? If so stick Dino Rider as leader, Harpie and whicever three of the four dragons have the best stats as your "troops" and give that a go?

Basically for the early game, unless you get lucky with multiple powerful drops, you're probably going to end up building your team around your "best" guy - in this case Dino Rider, as he doubles the atk of Attack types then you want to try and fill your four regular slots with the best attackers you can get (generally the doubling effect will make them a better choice than non attackers) and then get healing/dps/utility powers from your Helper slot (you should tailor your friend list to suit your needs on this front). As you gain a wider stable of monsters you'll have more options to expand your team or even change the makeup completely. Some easy to get early game attackers are the "goblins" of each colour, they also dont take much resources to evole (though check the stats, even doubled your dragons might still serve you better). The next step up from them are the harpies/demons/etc of each colour - which can be got from the current special dark and light dungeons if you can manage them, as well as the later and technical dungeons. Along those lines I've found the starting off mono-colour teams can be a little high risk, best to try and spread out so you have multiple colours (dark and light work well for this as they're "netural" against the other three colours) - so you always have opportunities for meaningful matches.

The Harpie Devil is serving better than the Shynee I had previously. I may try to throw in a green Goblin to help cover the grass shortage I have.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I think I'm gonna spend my next couple magic stones all on box expansions...gotta stock up evo/exp material and the gacha drops have been quite a letdown...

ToxicAdam

Uh.

"Number of Friends has reached the maximum limit.

Error code: 12"

But I have 23/29, I even deleted some dudes regrettably to clear the fridge. What gives?

I call that the Green Odin code.

(because everyone wants one as friend and fills up their request box)

I made (for the 50th time) the Voice of the Siren level, and I forgot to change my team (that it was a team prepared for fire levels). I spend a lot of time to finish it (i had enought protection, but I did very little damage with my attacks)... and finally got my Siren. It's a luck that I didn't decided to suicide me.

Now I'm sure that, in the next few times that I'll repeat the level (to get blue monsters to feed the siren), I'll get a lot more sirens that I won't need anymore.

I made (for the 50th time) the Voice of the Siren level, and I forgot to change my team (that it was a team prepared for fire levels). I spend a lot of time to finish it (i had enought protection, but I did very little damage with my attacks)... and finally got my Siren. It's a luck that I didn't decided to suicide me.

Now I'm sure that, in the next few times that I'll repeat the level (to get blue monsters to feed the siren), I'll get a lot more sirens that I won't need anymore.

Lucky you. I've been trying it without much luck for a while now. Guess I'll keep at it. How many tries would you say it took you? (I assume 50 was an exaggeration, but who knows, maybe that's the real number lol)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I think I'm gonna spend my next couple magic stones all on box expansions...gotta stock up evo/exp material and the gacha drops have been quite a letdown...

I did instead of pulling on the machine and I have 0 regrets. It's nice to have the space.

Ronok

God damn! I had to use two stones to do it, but I finished the blades dungeon on adept getting a mystic knight. He'll go along with my mystic stone knight nicely. :p

Lucky you. I've been trying it without much luck for a while now. Guess I'll keep at it. How many tries would you say it took you? (I assume 50 was an exaggeration, but who knows, maybe that's the real number lol)

If I count the times that I repeated the Siren, the Cupid or the Dryad levels, not an exaggeration, even 70. But half of them were in a lower tie (that the wiki say that they can drop, but I assume that the chance is even lower)

If I count the times that I repeated the Siren, the Cupid or the Dryad levels, not an exaggeration, even 70. But half of them were in a lower tie (that the wiki say that they can drop, but I assume that the chance is even lower)

I was actually thinking about waiting until even the higher tier. None of the US sites say it, but on the Japanese wiki, it says it can drop from the tier of dungeons after Castle of Satan. The 4th tier dungeons would be Polar Night Tower and the 5th tier dungeon would be Oceanus Falls. I just need to do Tower of Flare and then I'll be at Polar Night Tower, so maybe I should just try to do it there. But I guess I'll keep going on Sea Cavern Mercury at least until the 1.5x drop rate bonus has expired

Interestingly, I discovered that Metal and Gold Dragons suck for exp, even including the exp bonus for matching colors. At least the Gold Dragons can be sold for gold and the Gold Dragon dungeon yields about 30K gold for completing it.

I don't have any Sapphire or Ruby dragons to compare. Only Emerald, Metal, and Gold.

Here are my findings.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Fusion combinations:

Light monster + Metal Dragon = 1000 exp
Light monster + Gold Dragon = 1500 exp
Light monster + Emerald Dragon = 2000 exp

Light monster + High Metal Dragon =10000 exp
Light monster + High Gold Dragon = 15000 exp
Light monster + High Emerald Dragon = 15000 exp

Light monster + King Metal Dragon = 50000 exp
Light monster + King Gold Dragon = 75000 exp
Light monster + King Emerald Dragon = 55000 exp
-----------------------------------------------------------
The only one that seemed really off is the King Emerald Dragon. I'm not sure where the 55000 calculation comes from, considering King Dragons give 50000 base experience. But as you can see, the King Gold Dragon is the only Gold Dragon that gives more exp to Light monsters than its Emerald counterpart. And considering the non-King to King drop ratio, it's much more efficient to farm the tricolor Dragons for fusion purposes, since you can also use those dragons to evolve the tricolor Pengdras, which give 30000 exp to off-color monsters and 45000 exp to same colors. There are no Metal or Gold Pengdras to boost the fusion value of those dragons.

xelios

Interestingly, I discovered that Metal and Gold Dragons suck for exp, even including the exp bonus for matching colors. At least the Gold Dragons can be sold for gold and the Gold Dragon dungeon yields about 30K gold for completing it.

I don't have any Sapphire or Ruby dragons to compare. Only Emerald, Metal, and Gold.

The only one that seemed really off is the King Emerald Dragon. I'm not sure where the 55000 calculation comes from, considering King Dragons give 50000 base experience. But as you can see, the King Gold Dragon is the only Gold Dragon that gives more exp to Light monsters than its Emerald counterpart. And considering the non-King to King drop ratio, it's much more efficient to farm the tricolor Dragons for fusion purposes, since you can also use those dragons to evolve the tricolor Pengdras, which give 30000 exp to off-color monsters and 45000 exp to same colors. There are no Metal or Gold Pengdras to boost the fusion value of those dragons.

Gold King and High Dragons are pretty awesome, I mean I can take the 6* god Amaterasu from 0-70 in a few fusions tomorrow once I evolve her. Yes I spent at least a dozen stones with the dungeon today because it comes so rarely, but I'm also at almost 3,000,000 gold because of it and will have the best healer in the game at a crazy level. I don't regret it at all. I would totally agree with you on metal dragons. Colored not as much because the pengdras are really quite useful for taking two fodder (3k exp) you get farming the more valuable dragons and turning it into 10-15x that much experience.

Is there an English wiki anywhere? I know none of them are nearly as complete as the JP / Chinese wikis, but maybe we could make a collaborative NeoGAF effort to get it there.

It seems like most wikis fail to take off because they lack a basic standard template, and most people go to it and see a bunch of red links and are like fuck this. If there was an initial push just to get all dungeon / monster links created and filled out with a standard copy/paste template (one monster page template, one dungeon page template, etc) then from there I bet the effort to actually fill in all the details would take off on its own.

I found this one: http://puzzle-dragons-global.wikia.com/wiki/Puzzle_&_Dragons_Global_Wiki

Is there another one or is this basically it?

Gold King and High Dragons are pretty awesome, I mean I can take the 6* god Amaterasu from 0-70 in a few fusions tomorrow once I evolve her. Yes I spent at least a dozen stones with the dungeon today, but I'm also at almost 3,000,000 gold because of it. I don't regret it at all. I would totally agree with you on metal dragons. Colored not as much because the pengdras are really quite useful for taking two fodder you get farming the more valuable dragons (3k exp) and turning it into 10-15x that much.

Where do you get the colored dragons though? I mean I can wait until Thursday and do the special dungeon for dragon plants, but how do you get enough colored metal dragons to evolve all the pengdras? I'm post castle of satan and I've actually never seen a colored metal dragon ANYWHERE

I was actually thinking about waiting until even the higher tier. None of the US sites say it, but on the Japanese wiki, it says it can drop from the tier of dungeons after Castle of Satan. The 4th tier dungeons would be Polar Night Tower and the 5th tier dungeon would be Oceanus Falls. I just need to do Tower of Flare and then I'll be at Polar Night Tower, so maybe I should just try to do it there. But I guess I'll keep going on Sea Cavern Mercury at least until the drop rate bonus has expired

I got the Siren in the tier just before Castle of Satan. But probably they drop easier in the next tier.

xelios

Where do you get the colored dragons though? I mean I can wait until Thursday and do the special dungeon for dragon plants, but how do you get enough colored metal dragons to evolve all the pengdras? I'm post castle of satan and I've actually never seen a colored metal dragon ANYWHERE

I am not sure if they're on a calendar schedule, but they come at random (?) days like the golden today, and a few hours that day depending on your ID value. Apparently less often than the golden and obviously far less often than metal. Once you log in for that day you'll see a notice if there is a tri-color dragon dungeon for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom