• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at lunch I tried to complete the second level of the Fire Forest Nerva, using a Viper Orochi and failed miserably again. Seems the only way I can complete this with my current team is to use a Green Odin. That is assuming there is only one boss at the end (or a good amount of space of time between attacks)

Any advice?

Post a pic of your monster box

ParityBit

Post a pic of your monster box

I cant do that easilly from work and post. That I know of. heh. But this is what I have

Amu / 5* / level 30
Tyrannos / 4* / level 25
Marine Rider / 5* / level 20
White Knight / 3* / Level 22
Black Dragon / 3* / Level 14

Backups ...

Red Ogre / 2* / level 14
lil' Green
Big Flamie
Big Woodsie

Glad to hear, gonna keep her for a while judging by friend usage when I sign in.

Also, I'm extremely jealous of people who have Hades or whatever for running this rainbow keeper; I have to chip away sooo slowly. The only comfort is a Vritra attack coming very 20 rounds, and I MUST have Amaterasu and Viper as my leaders to survive. -_- Any ideas on what could help with him besides that? I'm taking a golem along to lower his defense for some rounds too, allowing me to get in a few non-one-damage hits. I'll have to take a screen of my monster box in a few I guess.
I'm running the Rainbow Keeper right now, too. Running an Armor Ogre Resolve team with your Amaterasu. I need a Dark Keeper. Unfortunately, my 50/50 chance got me a Light Keeper as the mid-boss. Wiki says it has 20 million HP! :O Been fighting this thing for 20 minutes and still not even half-way dead. It's slow as hell, being used to leading with ADK, but these Resolve Ogres combined with your Ami is making these dungeons beatable at least. With the leader anchors taken up by a healer and Resolve/Perseverance monsters, you're really limited to whatever skills are available in your monster box to fill in the middle slots. Other than Hades, I don't currently know of any other way to take big chunks of life out of these mega-HP bosses. I'll have to scour the Wiki and read the skill list. Maybe by the time I beat this dungeon, my stamina will be filled back up for another run. =p

Jinko

I cant do that easilly from work and post. That I know of. heh. But this is what I have

Amu / 5* / level 30
Tyrannos / 4* / level 25

Backups ...

Red Ogre / 2* / level 14
lil' Green
Big Flamie
Big Woodsie

I would go Amu as leader (although shes pretty awful at 5 stars), 4 dragons and an ADK as a friend, not much you can do with that list of monsters though.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Maybe by the time I beat this dungeon, my stamina will be filled back up for another run. =p

Haha that's how I'm feeling. I've been fighting this one for the better part of an hour and he has about 1/8 life left. If he doesn't drop another egg I'm gonna scream.

I did notice that my Amaterasu actually gets past his defenses, even with three orbs. Thinking of testing out a team of light monsters for that reason.

flammie

So has anyone got a Flame Mech dragon yet, I been doing the adept one as its good XP/gold but nothing so far lol.

Amazingly on my first try. But 50 team cost!!!! I can't even put him on my team and still have decent team members in the other slots.

BAoIMxrCIAETkEb.jpg:large

Jinko

So you
saying i should start over?

Nope, farm some water goblins or swordsmen maybe. (oh i meant 3 dragons, thought that was white dragon my bad)

I think you got a decent dragon party you can make though, try it and see.

Amazingly on my first try. But 50 team cost!!!! I can't even put him on my team and still have decent team members in the other slots.

BAoIMxrCIAETkEb

So nice, I been trying to get it on Adept no luck so far 0/13 ;.;

What set up did you use ?

Supposedly Blast Cannon does 30k damage to all monsters.

Uthred

Getting a shitty pull from the rare egg machine just feels crap, really all you want is something thats exclusive to the rare egg machine, those shitty 3 star monsters that you can get normally shouldnt even be in it

Jinko

Getting a shitty pull from the rare egg machine just feels crap, really all you want is something thats exclusive to the rare egg machine, those shitty 3 star monsters that you can get normally shouldnt even be in it

Agree rare gacha should be 5 and 6 stars only IMO, such a waste of money.

Amu / 5* / level 30
Tyrannos / 4* / level 25

Backups ...

Red Ogre / 2* / level 14
lil' Green
Big Flamie
Big Woodsie

What rank are you? If you're not rank 20 yet, exchanging presents will help you out as it will give you some additional flexibility

Agree rare gacha should be 5 and 6 stars only IMO, such a waste of money.

If it were that easy to get the 5 and 6 star guys the game would be too easy. If they made it 5 / 6 star only they'd have to bump the cost to like 15 stones to maintain balance.

Jinko

If it were that easy to get the 5 and 6 star guys the game would be too easy. If they made it 5 / 6 star only they'd have to bump the cost to like 15 stones to maintain balance.

I'd gladly spend 15 stones if I knew I would get something useful.

It would be much better with a shop where you could buy an egg of a certain element, different priced eggs etc.

flammie

So nice, I been trying to get it on Adept no luck so far 0/13 ;.;

What set up did you use ?

Supposedly Blast Cannon does 30k damage to all monsters.

My basic team is pretty bad, I had fed my 2x fire dragon to my agdrall right at the beginning so I never had a 2x/4x type team. I bascially put as the leader the damage reduction that matches the dungeon color and grind it out with a friend healer.
BArS8GRCIAARN22.jpg

xelios

Anyone have any monster box advice -- this is most of what I have. I'm finding myself either doing ADK + ADK leaders to force my way through some content, or an Amaterasu/Viper defensive. I'm finding the former to be getting dangerous the further I get, and the latter too slow. What should I be working on/toward? And what would be useful to farm, evolve or get from the rare egg pulls?

I was thinking of evolving the other dark swordsman into the 5* Chaos Dragon to put on my all dragon team at some point. That would give me ADK + ADK, CDK, CDK, ?, ? for that all dragon team. Maybe Echidna the Red Empress in there sometimes for the enemy delay and decent RCV. Other than the dragon team I'm lost though. As you can see I also have two dragons that halve damage from two elements as well as change orbs, which have to be good for something? (I have all the 'lil dragons as well)

Also wondering what the Valkyrie + Valkyrie leader all healer team consists of, and how viable it is later in the game.

untitledkip1v.png

ParityBit

Nope, farm some water goblins or swordsmen maybe. (oh i meant 3 dragons, thought that was white dragon my bad)

I think you got a decent dragon party you can make though, try it and see.

My dragons are really low level, so I would need to raise them up if I try to do Dragons. How would the water goblins or swordsmen help me?

What rank are you? If you're not rank 20 yet, exchanging presents will help you out as it will give you some additional flexibility.

I am rank 27. I think what screwed me was the one rare pull I took was that Marine Rider. The rest of my gems I got boxes ...

xelios

So what dungeons are you having trouble in? that way I know what I can not even remotely handle. You have an amazing group of Gods and Dragons.

Oh and thank you very much for running your ADK as a leader most of the time

I'm having difficulty with the special dungeons on higher difficulty, most all the ones that come along (blah blah dragon in the sky etc). I'm at the point where I can get by on expert on most of them, but master is just impossible. Dunno where I'm supposed to be headed now. The no RCV ones have become reasonable now with the 6* Amaterasu, but how the hell is anyone supposed to do master?

Also I have to chip away at the rainbow keeper's health for an HOUR, that just doesn't seem right.

Jinko

My basic team is pretty bad, I had fed my 2x fire dragon to my agdrall right at the beginning so I never had a 2x/4x type team. I bascially put as the leader the damage reduction that matches the dungeon color and grind it out with a friend healer.
BArS8GRCIAARN22.jpg

Nice Party, wish I had a Flame Toy Dragon, would make Expert easier.

My dragons are really low level, so I would need to raise them up if I try to do Dragons. How would the water goblins or swordsmen help me?

Fire is weak to water by x2, so even crappy fodder can sometimes be good for building a water team, maybe you can add flammie and use his toy dragon :D

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm having difficulty with the special dungeons on higher difficulty, most all the ones that come along (blah blah dragon in the sky etc). I'm at the point where I can get by on expert on most of them, but master is just impossible. Dunno where I'm supposed to be headed now. The no RCV ones have become reasonable now with the 6* Amaterasu, but how the hell is anyone supposed to do master?

High skill super monsters. Charging a super skill in 5 turns vs 10 or something makes a HUGE difference I imagine.

ToxicAdam

Seems to me the Master dungeons were created for people that had already run through all the normal dungeons and were looking for more end game content. That's my take on them.

Uthred

High skill super monsters. Charging a super skill in 5 turns vs 10 or something makes a HUGE difference I imagine.

I think this is it, post technical dungeons you seem to reach a bit of a lull where it takes a while to level up and you can handle stuff at the adept/expert level but the gap between that and master seems massive. This seems to be where the real grind sets in, where you need to actually level up your current fully evolved monsters as opposed to pushing for replacements/evolutions and you need to start levelling up skills (which i'm really not looking forward to).

xelios

Ah, I get it now. So more swordsmen to level up orb changing, more naga to level up enemy delay, etc. Makes sense, though it sounds like such a chore.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ah, I get it now. So more swordsmen to level up orb changing, more naga to level up enemy delay, etc. Makes sense, though it sounds like such a chore.

I think it's meant to be. It's the grind that these guys are known for. :p I'm mostly interested in some of the skill up mechanics. Like, can I feed a Lil' White Dragon to my evolved White Dragon to get skill ups?

E: The only reason I think this MIGHT work is because I got my Harpie Devil to skill level 3 before evolving to Harpie Demon, and the Demon still had skill level 3.

Uthred

I think it's meant to be. It's the grind that these guys are known for. :p I'm mostly interested in some of the skill up mechanics. Like, can I feed a Lil' White Dragon to my evolved White Dragon to get skill ups?

I think it only works if the skills have exactly the same name, because I fed about ten lil' white dragons to the level 3 evolved version of same and didnt get a single skill up (it was at this point I realised the skill names were actually different and that I was out a lot of gold)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think it only works if the skills have exactly the same name, because I fed about ten lil' white dragons to the level 3 evolved version of same and didnt get a single skill up (it was at this point I realised the skill names were actually different and that I was out a lot of gold)

Oh right - Harpie has the same skill at both evos. Lame.

Jinko

E: The only reason I think this MIGHT work is because I got my Harpie Devil to skill level 3 before evolving to Harpie Demon, and the Demon still had skill level 3.

Works for Harpie because the skill doesn't change as they level up, but sadly the Lil' white dragon skill changes when they become Holy Dragon and again when they become Holy Lightning Dragon.

Edit:- Beaten.

Xelios could you switch your Flame Toy Dragon to leader in a bit (if you're not busy), I wana take a crack at this mech dragon expert.

blackflag

What rank are you? If you're not rank 20 yet, exchanging presents will help you out as it will give you some additional flexibility

Well they could at lest make it so that I don't end up with 6 titan/gigas.

How does a "Resolve" team work? I get that you have to use the reviving skill of Orochi and some sort of orb healer, but is that really all that is involved? The way the Orochi skill is described it makes it sound like it is once per dungeon.

Jinko

How does a "Resolve" team work? I get that you have to use the reviving skill of Orochi and some sort of orb healer, but is that really all that is involved? The way the Orochi skill is described it makes it sound like it is once per dungeon.

As long as your HP is over 50% you won't die from one hit.

70% for ogre's

nicoga3000

Saint Nic

Basically, yeah. The idea is to have a team that dies in one hit from the boss (when they hit for 20k+, that's easy enough), and then a healer to get your life back above the Resolve threshold (50 or 70% depending on the leader you have).

E: What Jinko said.

Uthred

Orochi's skill will keep you at 1 HP as long as you have more than 50% HP when you take the hit that knocks you to 0. The ogres version of the skill requires you to be at or on 70% HP when you take the hit. As long as your health is at the requisite level it works as many times as you need it to (though it only really works well against single big hits, multiple hits generally bypass it pretty easily)

thank you all for the advice, that is great to know.

Alruane, apostle angel or Siren Diva? Since I am incredibly unlucky I am just going to assume I never get an Amu

xelios

Works for Harpie because the skill doesn't change as they level up, but sadly the Lil' white dragon skill changes when they become Holy Dragon and again when they become Holy Lightning Dragon.

Edit:- Beaten.

Xelios could you switch your Flame Toy Dragon to leader in a bit (if you're not busy), I wana take a crack at this mech dragon expert.

I'm in there at the moment, but I'll switch it in about 10 mins if you still need it.

Edit: Flare Drall right?

ParityBit

Fire is weak to water by x2, so even crappy fodder can sometimes be good for building a water team, maybe you can add flammie and use his toy dragon :D

So you suggest I get some of the water goblins and raise/evolve them to beat the levels? I know this team is pretty bad, but without pulls. ... not sure what team to make. And what about swordsmen?

raiot

Wow! Got my Rainbow Keeper and a light One After what felt like forever! Now for another rum!:) Switch your ama back in Xelion!;)

Babalu.

anyone know how to hit this boss guy for more than one damage? he is like the masks where he is only taking one damage from my light, fire, green guys. he is a green fortoytops or something.

every once in awhile I'll hit him for normal damage. I'm just wondering what strategy there is for him. I don't have any def down guys or attack up guys right now.

why does he take some damage sometimes but only 1 damage most. been at this guy for like an hour and barely half hp.

mercviper

anyone know how to hit this boss guy for more than one damage? he is like the masks where he is only taking one damage from my light, fire, green guys. he is a green fortoytops or something.

every once in awhile I'll hit him for normal damage. I'm just wondering what strategy there is for him. I don't have any def down guys or attack up guys right now.

why does he take some damage sometimes but only 1 damage most. been at this guy for like an hour and barely half hp.

Likely that he has high defense and you aren't making enough damage to break it except 10% of the time. I've run into a couple from the third tier of dungeons that have about 800 defense, and I only do enough with 1 or 2 attacks to break it. If you don't have more attack than their defense you only do 1 damage.

Poison is nice because it pierces defense. I think Shiva's ability also reduces defense to zero, which is really good for those types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom