• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivin

Anyone get any good pulls from the machine today? wonder if the increased rates help much at all...

(nope got a Dryad from my pull)

Victrix

*beard*
Those little knights you've been piling up for ages can also crack defense. Their ability reduces defense by 50% and lasts 5 turns (on an 8 turn cooldown with max skill).

Or the light/dark golems have a 75% defense break.

Or poison (Lilith is your only source without rare machine drops afaik).

Or big single target nukes (dragons mostly, fair number of gods too)

Or just do more damage - check the defense of the boss on the wiki and figure out how to deal more damage than that (damage multiplying leader, more levels, whatever).

Remember that defense is handled per monster so adding up to a large total amount of damage is useless if its all below the monsters defense threshold.

In this case: http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/豊穣の大地

Looks like 2800 defense, so you need multiple same color matches with a strong monster to beat that, or a lot less if you cut it in half with a knight.

Owzers

couldn't resist, bought stone XO

Verdict: After Loki, next pull was Machine Gun Golem 3 Light.

:)

considering my last pull before those two was a Green Golem....finally something good.

xCobalt

I got Susanoo. Probably not the best god but he has an ability to reduce damage by 50% for 5 turns. Guess he'll be useful for certain bosses where I need to buy time to recover.

raiot

You get 1 stone for every new completed whole dungeon. Sometimes you get stones as a login bonus.
Other then that... cash :p

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Anyone get any good pulls from the machine today? wonder if the increased rates help much at all...

(nope got a Dryad from my pull)

I got Demon Viper Orochi at the very end, which made me not regret how much I spent on pulls, lol. Besides that -- Loki, Freyja, Shaitan, Susano, Archangel, Yomi -- nothing awesome besides Viper. Oddly enough I didn't get fodder, I just got 4 Freyjas instead, which is bullshit. I really would like to have Hades someday. I should've pulled more back on the dark+ period. I only did a couple pulls at that time and Chaos Dragon Knight, Vritra and Vampire Lord were the best things I got I believe.

is the "Susamo" that the rare box is saying is at x3 pulls the same as Susano? If so I got that one now...

Pretty decent? Frankly I am kind of jealous of people rerolling and starting new games today. So much higher to hit rares.

Owzers

hah, i should have quit while i was ahead in pulls, spent the last of my itunes store credit on two more pulls and i ended up with an Ivory Dragon 4 star and some weirdo 3 star dark dragon ball head thing. I think that's all the money i'm going to spend on puzzles and shenanigans for a bit. Now to just level junk up.

blackflag

I got Susanoo. Probably not the best god but he has an ability to reduce damage by 50% for 5 turns. Guess he'll be useful for certain bosses where I need to buy time to recover.

This is what I got. Seems like really bad stats but potentially useful....not sure and I never saw anyone on my friends list or explorer list using it.

blackflag

hah, i should have quit while i was ahead in pulls, spent the last of my itunes store credit on two more pulls and i ended up with an Ivory Dragon 4 star and some weirdo 3 star dark dragon ball head thing. I think that's all the money i'm going to spend on puzzles and shenanigans for a bit. Now to just level junk up.

That dragon is actually good for the dual damage reduction.

Owzers

Am I crazy for thinking even though it is early in 2013 that this game is my early front runner for GOTY?

This game kind of falls into the "more addictive than it is good" category. The fun gem moving and creature collecting is tied to horrible horrible addictively horrible surroundings.

xCobalt

This is what I got. Seems like really bad stats but potentially useful....not sure and I never saw anyone on my friends list or explorer list using it.

Some monsters excel at just being part of the regular squad while others are more fit as a leader. As a leader, Susano only reduces damage by 20% which is outclassed by the Lil Dragon species (assuming the damage comes from one element) and of course Odin.

While comparing his stats, his HP is lower than the other tanks (Rainbow Keeper and Mech Warriors) but has higher attack and recovery. An extra two turns on his ability will increase survivability. I think the tradeoff is worth it.

ParityBit

30px-070.png

to

30px-071.png

Ok i will try to get a couple of those. See if that helps

Can someone explain the friend cooldown thing to me? There seem to be multiple types of cooldowns. Specifically, I have the following questions.

1) After I use a friend as a helper, they don't re-appear again for a period of time. How is this period of time determined?

2) Some friends seem to be available for use many times consecutively, while other players seem to disappear after you bring them along just once. What is this about?

3) What does the thing that says "X hours remaining" mean? It doesn't seem to be related to how frequently they are available for me to use, so it seems like something else.

4) Suppose some friend brings me along as a helper, and we each get 10 pal points. Now suppose he brings me along again and gets 0 pal points because he already brought me along. Do I still get additional points?

xCobalt

I'm having difficulty with the special dungeons on higher difficulty, most all the ones that come along (blah blah dragon in the sky etc). I'm at the point where I can get by on expert on most of them, but master is just impossible. Dunno where I'm supposed to be headed now. The no RCV ones have become reasonable now with the 6* Amaterasu, but how the hell is anyone supposed to do master?

Also I have to chip away at the rainbow keeper's health for an HOUR, that just doesn't seem right.

For Master you'll probably need someone with 50% resistance + Amaterasu (using the final evolutions of the lil or toy dragon line). That's how I've been doing it. Gotta make sure to use one of the wikis to determine how much damage they'll be doing. If your Amaterasu can't heal the damage thats being done, you'll need to bring some other monsters to ensure you can. Something like a Siren that will create heal orbs or a tank that will half the damage even further so your Amaterasu can out heal the damage done.

When I did the dark sky dragon, my healer couldn't keep up with the damage but I had a Rainbow Keeper and an Ice guardian. I made it so I could survive 10 hits which allowed me to alternate the abilities from the tanks (since the ability is on a 20 turn cooldown). Brought along a second healer that could recover all my health as well. With two healers and two tanks to alternate abilities every 10 turns, I managed to take it down.

If you need a monster that can resist some damage, I have one for every type. I can switch to it if you need it.

ccbfan

Is my luck just terrible for does Metal Dragon dungeons suck.

I've done this 12 time now and I've gotten a total of 3 High Meral Dragons and 0 King ones.

Also I have 18 magic stones. Is now a good time to roll. Notice a lot of people rolling lately and the God bonuses seem pretty good.

Is my luck just terrible for does Metal Dragon dungeons suck.

I've done this 12 time now and I've gotten a total of 3 High Meral Dragons and 0 King ones.

Also I have 18 magic stones. Is now a good time to roll. Notice a lot of people rolling lately and the God bonuses seem pretty good.

Damn that's shitty luck. Have you at least seen a King in the dungeon? I've done Metal / Gold Metal Dragons about 6 times in total, and during those 6 runs I think I've encountered 4 Kings (two in one dungeon once) and 3 of the kings dropped.

ccbfan

Damn that's shitty luck. Have you at least seen a King in the dungeon? I've done Metal / Gold Metal Dragons about 6 times in total, and during those 6 runs I think I've encountered 4 Kings (two in one dungeon once) and 3 of the kings dropped.

I've seen a king once.

Also to make this whole Metal Dragon Dungeon thing seem even worse. When I was hunting for a healer. I was doing the 3rd level blue/green/yellow dungeons with the 1.5 drop rate. During that time I got 15 High Gold/Metal Dragons.

MKAllDay

The boss of the Banquet of Temptation level in the dungeon Polar Night Tower is a Siren/Lilith pair. Can either of them drop from that and if so does anyone know what the drop rate is?

The boss of the Banquet of Temptation level in the dungeon Polar Night Tower is a Siren/Lilith pair. Can either of them drop from that and if so does anyone know what the drop rate is?

According to JP and Chinese wikis they can, and additionally they can drop from Oceanus Falls (which is the water level in the next tier of dungeons after where you're at now). No word on drop rate, but general thinking is that drop rate gets progressively higher as you go up in dungeon tier

If I may pose a question to you all here. This is the squad I have right now. By mooching off some friends' pets as helpers, I've unlocked Twin Temple Apollo. I have no idea how far along in the scheme of things I've made it to, but I just wanted to know what I should be farming for next? A healer like Siren? Evo / Fuse up who I have? Or should I try and reroll again?

kFiP4l.jpg
Sg9oYl.jpg

Owzers

died to the first Polar Night stage, boss level. All three bosses hit at the same time XO XO XO, my 6300hp was laughed at, time to bring my earth guardian and throw down a reduce damage skill to knock off one of those clowns.

Metal Dragons were good to me today. Out of 4 runs today I collected 2 kings and 3 highs. Brought my Dark Dragon Knight from 31 to 47. Not sure if I'll run it again later when it pops back up in 5 more hours, maybe I can progress through Tower of Flare now with my newly powered up guys.

ParityBit

Had I not received the money via Christmas and Best Buy, I wouldn't. But why the hell not?

Oh, if you play the game (and it's free) Why wouldn't you?! I have no luck so I wont do the paying for randoms. Some of you guys get the best stuff!

Heck, I just spent 20 stamina trying to get a low level evo so I can make a water knight .... hoping it helps me move forward in a day or two ...

Jinko

lol damn this is gonna take hours. I'm not even to him yet. Theres a purple one on level 4/5. Taking foooooorever. Using a resolve team so I shouldn't die except by getting bored to death.

Haha, I was thinking this when fighting the mech dragon earlier.

In other news I died in metal dragon dungeon ... mwah ha ha.

ParityBit

My rare pulls were Amu (which I had no idea was not that good until 6*) and the Marine Rider (which I am dissapointed with. All my gems outside of the first 5 went into getting my boxes to 60.

I have 3 gems right now ... if someday I get 5 I am not sure what I will do.

My rare pulls were Amu (which I had no idea was not that good until 6*) and the Marine Rider (which I am dissapointed with. All my gems outside of the first 5 went into getting my boxes to 60.

I have 3 gems right now ... if someday I get 5 I am not sure what I will do.

60 boxes is more than enough to take you through castle of satan and a ways beyond. just use the rest of your gems on rare pulls for now, you could get lucky and get something really good

Uthred

Got 6* Amaterasu after backing up my "main" game and rerolling twice. Wish I'd got her from a rare pull on my main account as opposed to the shitty undine I did get (pity you cant "cash in" an account and get back the stones bought on it). The only bad thing about backing up data48.bin is that it seems to wipe favourites, which is a pain if I want to swtich between "saves" when I run out of stamina. Does anyone know if another data file keeps track of the favourites and if so which one? (I wonder is is possible to install the same app twice on android?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom