• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
No to the masks, but another dungeon gave me 9k also, yay!! tell me I fucked up my install when I copied my files over !!

Honestly I would be careful if that's the case, because if you take advantage of it too much, they could start suspecting you of hacking

Uthred

BTW, is the drop 100% on the Night Skydragon Elysion? I got the drop first time, but I'm not sure if it always drops on Expert.

Also picked up a Lil' Black Dragon from Adept, so that was nice

It sure as hell isnt 100% on adept ;) What team did you run expert with? Tempted to give it a gamble

It sure as hell isnt 100% on adept ;) What team did you run expert with? Tempted to give it a gamble

I had a Mars Light Carbuncle and I used Xelios' Amaterasu as a helper. I used my Dark Dragon Knight as my own leader to reduce dark damage.

With this setup, Amaterasu was healing me for exactly 287 damage less than the boss's attack every turn, and I had about 8.5k HP. Because of this, I could calculate exactly when the next was goign to kill me (whenever my HP was <= 287) . Whenever that happened, I would try to use Carbuncle's 2k heal (9 turn cooldown) if it was up, and if it wasn't I would use Shower of Healing (20 turn cooldown). Aside from that I just tried to put some guys with high light damage in my group

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Loving these daily evo dragon dungeons now that I finally figured out how to adjust the exact time for me (adding 6 hours to the times in the D section). The third hour is usually a tad too late for me unfortunately. Still, with that and Pengdras I'm finally reaching new levels faster with my team. And since I don't necessarily need anything new at the moment I've decided to stock on pal points and magic stones for when the gachas get some sort of bonus.

Not only do they suck but they also taunt you constantly, and GungHo knows it - this is the back cover of their art book (lol)
That's hilarious, haha.

raiot

He's not a 100% drop on expert. I completed this dungeon 5 times without a drop. And beware of the Sky dragons dmg. He hits for ca. 3200 dmg AFTER 50% absorb.
The Amaterasu of Xelios heals for 2800 per match so you have to cycle cooldowns. I went with Chaos dragon as main, xelios amaterasu as second leader. 1 rainbow keeper, 1 light keeper, 1 devil, 1 D'spinas. It takes around 10-15 minutes to kill the boss.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I'm trying to level my Ammy more for you guys. 80 > 85 today. Definitely gonna need some +RCV eggs. Glad to hear you're getting by anyway though.

raiot

If this game would let me trade things, I would give some +RCV eggs to you!
By the way, its nearly 1am in Germany and I'm going to bed, what should I place as leader? D'spinas, vampire lord, viper orochi, rainbow keeper?

If this game would let me trade things, I would give some +RCV eggs to you!
By the way, its nearly 1am in Germany and I'm going to bed, what should I place as leader? D'spinas, vampire lord, viper orochi, rainbow keeper?

is your friends list full? If not and you feel like adding me I'm 321,749,201. I switch leaders between a Lv. 47 Dark Dragon Knight and a Lv. 30 Machine Golem Mk.III. Have a Lilith up and coming too once I get some evo materials

No to the masks, but another dungeon gave me 9k also, yay!! tell me I fucked up my install when I copied my files over !!
If you're getting those crazy exp gains right after restoring a file backup, it's cause your local file is catching up to your real exp stored serverside.

xelios

Can anyone give me a definitive answer on how it works when people use my leader? Like, can they only use it once and then I have to log in again to refresh it, or can they use it for the entire x hours, then when that's up I have to log in again? I don't know how often to log in.

Edit: I just used a friend that had 12 hours left, he's not available again for use now. So I'm guessing you can use people once each time they log in, idk.

Can anyone give me a definitive answer on how it works when people use my leader? Like, can they only use it once and then I have to log in again to refresh it, or can they use it for the entire x hours, then when that's up I have to log in again? I don't know how often to log in.

Edit: I just used a friend that had 12 hours left, he's not available again for use now.

Ok, so you have your leader.

If a friend uses your Leader, you both get 10 Pal Points. 24 hours later, you can earn Pal Points again. That's what the clock is.

Every time you log back in, it refreshes your Leader for use but you won't earn Pal Points.

xelios

Ok, so you have your leader.

If a friend uses your Leader, you both get 10 Pal Points. 24 hours later, you can earn Pal Points again. That's what the clock is.

Every time you log back in, it refreshes your Leader for use but you won't earn Pal Points.

Yeah, I understood about the pal points, I just didn't understand how often I could use someone's leader, or how often they could use mine. So it is once per login, thanks.

xCobalt

With the drop rate I'm getting on pengdras they're becoming more annoying than helpful for the stamina.

Which floor of the dungeon are you doing? The first floor doesn't spawn any Ogres or devils so you have a better chance of Pengdras appearing.

xelios

Which floor of the dungeon are you doing? The first floor doesn't spawn any Ogres or devils so you have a better chance of Pengdras appearing.

Was doing the first floor, they just weren't dropping any eggs more than half the time. Bad luck I guess, got tired of running it. ADK & Ammy went from 80 to 85 today but I'm bored now.

Where would be the best place to farm +1 RCV eggs? Some lower dungeon when it's half stamina or?

So for those people that are constantly showing up on my usage list even after I just used them, is that just because they're constantly playing the game?

xelios

So for those people that are constantly showing up on my usage list even after I just used them, is that just because they're constantly playing the game?

I've been logging in and out fairly regularly because I thought it was the only way people could use me more than once in a long period, seems I'm right? =/ If so, gonna just have to start logging in now and then, can't keep this up. Fully aware I only get Pal Points once, so was just doing it to help people...

Playing Final Fantasy All The Bravest atm.

Shiryu

Neo Member
There, finally used both my king metal dragons on Siren. Gotta get her up to 70 for the next evolution!

Also freed up a few spots with the dungeons now to evolve. Verche, Titan->Gigas, etc... have been done. Now going to try to get my Plesios to Ice Dragon Plesios and then I should be sufficiently strong to continue dungeons.

Anyone still need to do the lv20 gift btw? Almost rank 40 but haven't had the chance to trade. Hit me up: 384,630,296 & send a mail.

Jinko

How do you get the JP version to work I installed it both on my Tablet and Phone and it crashes as soon as I start the app :S

Just used 5 Evolved pengdra's on a Chimera, seems like such a waste but 1200 ATK can't argue with it I guess.

My post might have gotten lost in the fast movement of the thread, but does anyone have any tips for Blade of Justice Expert? Trying to figure out if I have a build that is capable of doing it

NinjaJesus

How do you get the JP version to work I installed it both on my Tablet and Phone and it crashes as soon as I start the app :S

Just used 5 Evolved pengdra's on a Chimera, seems like such a waste but 1200 ATK can't argue with it I guess.

Where'd you get the apk? I'm having trouble finding it.

I didn't have any issues with getting the JP version on my iPhone, but I installed it via iFunBox and not through the App Store.

xCobalt

Seems a lot of people are still running the Flame Mechdragon. I've had my Meteor Volcano Dragon set as leader for awhile and I get a lot of uses every time I login. I'll run through it a few times once the 2x drop rate becomes active and farm for a Naga.

KuroNeeko

Shelled out some gems and increased my monster boxes. Up to 150 now - feels good! I'm eyeing the rare slot machine but I know I'll regret it. Last pull I got was a 3&#9733; red golem. :/ I just want Isis so I have an excuse to make a tri-color team.
Yeah, yeah, I know she's crap, but I like her.

Man, dark needs a decent healer so I can wean myself off my friends's Archangels. :/ Are there any options other than Carbuncle?

I am using:
Tyrannos Level 11
Ice Ogre Level 15 (not a huge fan but he provides offense and hp, and I don't currently have a better option for blue)
D'spinas Level 1 (just evolved him so once I get some xp fodder I will get him up a bit)
Cupid Level 17
Wood Mech Warrior Asgard Level 30

I'm not one to tell you how to play your build, but later dungeon tiers require either a certain synergy in your build or a brute force method. By brute force, I don't just mean raw power - it could mean having just enough heal / hit points to win by attrition alone.

Looking at your build, I don't see any sort of synergy. You have the red starter dragon, a blue ogre, a black dragon, a white healer, and it looks like a green golem?

If you're heading into Fire Forest Nerve, you might want to look at a dual-color build, maybe water + X to take advantage of the fire's weakness to water. At the very least, maybe look at a red + X build to take advantage of your starter. There are some good creatures you can farm easily if you've had abysmal luck at the slot machine. You can upgrade the red goblin to get a heart &#8594; red gem orb switch, upgrade ruby carbuncle to get a decent healer (or build up your cupid), use the red knight for an armor break, and a red ogre for hit points (of course, same applies for blue.)

You can even farm the mats to make your ogre dual-colored if you want.

You may get to a point though when you have one team that is just stronger than anything else you have. In that case, you should probably stick to that or take a moment and just try to build up your other units.

Puzzle and Dragons is pretty easy in the beginning, but starting around your dungeon tier (and especially after the Tower of Satan) the game becomes very mechanics based, meaning that you'll need to focus on resource (time / orb) management and team composition. Good luck!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah, I understood about the pal points, I just didn't understand how often I could use someone's leader, or how often they could use mine. So it is once per login, thanks.

I'm pretty sure it's more than once per login, I used your amu twice in a row just now. I thought it was once per login pal points, but you can use it multiple times per login, just login refreshes the pal points and the timer?

I'm at the ominous Castle of Satan now.

Quick question. Im getting into the game (my name is Vagabond) but most of my monster box is filled with Dragon Seeds, masks, and those little evolution slugs holding lanterns. All are evolution items, but most of my creatures are nowhere near evolving (except my starter which did evolve.

They dont seem to be worth fusing. They dont give much exp.

Which ones should I sell? Does it matter? Should I save one of each element of each monster I have?

Mashing

Damn it, why am I always out of the lowest level of dragon evo mats? I have plenty of flowers, but no seeds. I got like 4 dragons to evolve. Even the Thursday dungeon barely drops dragon seeds.

Smiley90

Quick question. Im getting into the game (my name is Vagabond) but most of my monster box is filled with Dragon Seeds, masks, and those little evolution slugs holding lanterns. All are evolution items, but most of my creatures are nowhere near evolving (except my starter which did evolve.

They dont seem to be worth fusing. They dont give much exp.

Which ones should I sell? Does it matter? Should I save one of each element of each monster I have?

If you have no use for them, sell them. The lantern thing (dublit) only drops on Friday dungeons, so if you level up a monster and can't evolve it it;s a bit annoying, but esp in the beginning monster box space is limited, so don't keep them around if you don't need them. Maybe just keep the ones around that you will eventually need for evolving (you can check what materials you need), and sell the rest. THey don't give much EXP, sadly.

Damn it, why am I always out of the lowest level of dragon evo mats? I have plenty of flowers, but no seeds. I got like 4 dragons to evolve. Even the Thursday dungeon barely drops dragon seeds.

Departure Tower & Tower of Trials (to a lesser extent) drop better than the THursday dungeon for Seeds ;)

ToxicAdam

Having a HP doubler as a leader skill is pretty great. It's a big difference to go through new dungeons with 10k-12k HPs versus 5-6k. Gives you a lot of room for error or handling mixed colored mobs.

big youth

so I'm thoroughly addicted to this game, it's probably my favorite iOS game...but my biggest problem is I feel like it doesn't explain things well. I feel like mistakes I'm making now will make me very underleveled later on. I'm going through the Neptune Glacier right now.

if someone could help answer some of these questions I would really appreciate it:

1. I'm using Lilith the Witch of the Night as my leader. is this my best option at this point?

2. Every helper I choose says it won't activate the leaders skill. is this because the skill gives me more time to make combos, and doesn't combine with other skills?

3. My current team isn't utilizing every color, so for example blue is useless for me right now. Is this a bad tactic? Should I use every color?

4. When evolving monsters, whats the difference between the material section and the EXP to gain section?

thanks

2. Every helper I choose says it won't activate the leaders skill. is this because the skill gives me more time to make combos, and doesn't combine with other skills?

3. My current team isn't utilizing every color, so for example blue is useless for me right now. Is this a bad tactic? Should I use every color?
thanks

4. When evolving monsters, whats the difference between the material section and the EXP to gain section?

2: iirc you have to add them as a friend and cant use their leader skills until theyre your friend

3: Choose a helper that covers that combo.

4: Thats 5 Material sections. EXP to Gain is the adjacent bar

Smiley90

so I'm thoroughly addicted to this game, it's probably my favorite iOS game...but my biggest problem is I feel like it doesn't explain things well. I feel like mistakes I'm making now will make me very underleveled later on. I'm going through the Neptune Glacier right now.

if someone could help answer some of these questions I would really appreciate it:

1. I'm using Lilith the Witch of the Night as my leader. is this my best option at this point?

thanks

1. Depends on what the rest of your team is, on the synergy it has... Lilith is pretty awesome though.

2. Helpers only activate their leader skills if they're your friends! So make sure to send friend requests to them after you use them or add gaffers :) (they'll also give 10 instead of 5 pal points)

3. No, that's a good tactic. Single/Dual techniques are much better in later game stages, due to synergy (e.g. 2.5x attack for all dark monsters works better if your team is mostly dark)

4. You need to have your monsters at MAX EXP to level them up, EXP to gain is for levelling up in the "power-up fusion" section. Material for evolution are in the "evolve fusion" window and separate from that :)

big youth

thanks guys! one last question

do the monsters that are called "base monsters" have a lower max level they can reach? I'm worried I'll put too many resources into a monster I'll just end up selling

garath

Decided to take a gamble and pull since there's bonus light monsters right now. Could really use a strong one for my light team. I get a red color changer... dammit.

This game hates me sometimes lol

KuroNeeko

edit: dammit, beaten like an egg.

It's pretty hard to answer this without knowing what kind of team you are running, but chances are that you have a better choice. The main thing you are gaining when you have Lilith as your Leader is her Leader Skill (Quick Boost.) I personally don't find it that useful, but your mileage may vary. Her normal skill is fairly useful though, so your friends may be using her quite often - netting you a larger number of pal points. If that's the case, then maybe you could leave her as your Leader (or at least re-set her as your leader when you log off.)

There are two kinds of helpers - Friends and Adventurers. If your helper is a Friend, then you will have access to that unit's Leader Skill and Normal Skill. If the helper is an Adventurer, you will only have access to it's normal skill. You can add friends by having your invites accepted, or accepting any invites you receive from adventurers.

In general, you should try to keep your team focused to one or two colors. This allows you to take advantage of color-modifying skills like HP or ATK boosts. It also means that you can pool a given color before harder fights to burst the enemy down. For example, if you're just before a boss fight, you can kill all but one enemy and then start erasing orbs that don't match your team's color. Once you have a large number of useable orbs, you kill the last enemy and then burst down the boss (presumably one that is weak against your color). Single / Dual color teams also let you take full advantage of color weaknesses. It's like you're taking a pocket full of scissors into a paper dungeon (paper - rock - scissors analogy.)

Multi-color teams are viable, but they are harder to pull off and need specific cards to make them work. Right now, you can probably get by with anything and a strong helper. Later on, it will get harder.

thanks

I'm not sure what you mean here. Every evolution requires two things: a certain amount of materials like dragon seeds, (insert color)-lits, or Keepers, and that the monster you want to evolve is at MAX level. If you are missing either one, then you can't evolve the monster. Does that answer your question?

big youth

thanks I understand much better now. All my other options for a leader are level 7 or 8...I'm assuming I should stick with what I have?

Smiley90

I've been logging in and out fairly regularly because I thought it was the only way people could use me more than once in a long period, seems I'm right? =/ If so, gonna just have to start logging in now and then, can't keep this up. Fully aware I only get Pal Points once, so was just doing it to help people...

Playing Final Fantasy All The Bravest atm.

Careful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYd12L4iE4

Just when I thought the game would stop introducing difficulty spikes, Tomb of the Saint -Expert- happened. I'm pretty sure the only thing keeping me alive at this point is the gigantic 3000 HP that Wooden Mech Warrior Asgard provides.

Smiley90

thanks I understand much better now. All my other options for a leader are level 7 or 8...I'm assuming I should stick with what I have?

Just level up those who you think have awesome abilities, and then hope for good drops from dungeons and/or pulls from the rare egg machine :) If you leave your starter dragon (or Lilith) as a leader and build around those, that's usually a safe bet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom