• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
thanks guys! one last question

do the monsters that are called "base monsters" have a lower max level they can reach? I'm worried I'll put too many resources into a monster I'll just end up selling

Maybe you're confused? "Base Monsters" are the main monster you fuse things TO when using the Fusion options.

General rules of thumb I use:

Evo Materials = Don't bother to level up, either use em, sell em, or save just enough to evolve a monster you know you're going to evolve soon.

"Food" = monsters you're just leveling up in order to feed them to other monsters. Depends on the monster, but you would stop leveling them up at a certain point, because the cost, resources , and time, wouldn't be worth it.

For example, 3 star Carbuncles, you want to level em up until they're about level 10-13. Not that hard really (you usually only need 2 or 3 of the right kind of monster). More of that strategy here: http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=47

Not mandatory to be followed, but its made grinding easier on my end. Oddly, I seem to never be broke anymore, ever since I started following that strategy. Probably just a coincidence though.

KuroNeeko

thanks I understand much better now. All my other options for a leader are level 7 or 8...I'm assuming I should stick with what I have?

When it comes to who you choose as leader - level is not as important. I don't know your team composition, but let's imagine that you are running a dark-focused team.

If you keep Lilith as your leader, you get access to her normal skill, Poison Mist, and her Leader Skill, Quick Boost. Her HP, ATK, and RCV are, of course, added to your team total.

What you gain:
Quick Boost
Any PAL points you get for friend's who want her Poison Mist ability.

Now let's say you set someone like Vampire Lord or the Starter Black Dragon as your leader and put Lilith in your normal team.

What you gain:
Vampire Lord - the ATK power for every Dark monster in your team is doubled
Black Dragon (tier 2) - All damage done by enemy dark monsters is reduced by 30%
PAL points from friend's who want that ability

What you lose:
Quick Boost

The base stats (ATK, HP, RCV) of your team is the same regardless of whether or not Lilith is your leader, though your ATK power will double if you use Vampire Lord.

So it all comes down to how much you value Quick Boost. That is the only real benefit you get from setting Lilith as your leader. Level has little to do with it.

What are the best fire damage reduction monsters? I've cleared Sky Dragon of Darkness and Blade of Justice on Expert, but in both cases I need a damage reducer in my leader slot for the corresponding element, and I don't currently have one for fire. I'd like to get it done on Expert if possible but not sure if it's going to be possible without damage reduction

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What are the best fire damage reduction monsters? I've cleared Sky Dragon of Darkness and Blade of Justice on Expert, but in both cases I need a damage reducer in my leader slot for the corresponding element, and I don't currently have one for fire. I'd like to get it done on Expert if possible but not sure if it's going to be possible without damage reduction

Pet211.png
This guy?

Ultimate evolution of the Lil' Red dragon, reduces fire damage by 50%? Pretty good. I have one. (far from ultimate though) I'll evolve mine tomorrow and will have 30% fire damage reduction, if you wanna use him?

So what's the best play for exp? I need more points to actually use my team members.
Whatever the highest 1/2 stamina dungeon is available. And if you're close to ranking-up but still have a lot of stamina left, use it on the highest stamina dungeon you can complete so your remaining stamina doesn't go to waste. Since there are no 1/2 stamina dungeons available right now, the Dragons of the Tower floor in Tower of Giants gives good exp for only 5 stamina, and you can get occasional Dragon Flower, Dragon Plant, Gold/Metal Dragon drops, too.

Pet211.png
This guy?

Ultimate evolution of the Lil' Red dragon, reduces fire damage by 50%? Pretty good. I have one. (far from ultimate though) I'll evolve mine tomorrow and will have 30% fire damage reduction, if you wanna use him?

Sure that would be great. My friend id is 321,749,201. But I'm not sure if you've added me already lol.

Where does the Lil' Red Dragon come from?

Actually wait, I also need a healer, which I don't have lol. So I feel like I need the damage reducer to be my leader and then bring a healer along.

Smiley90

Sure that would be great. My friend id is 321,749,201. But I'm not sure if you've added me already lol.

Where does the Lil' Red Dragon come from?

Actually wait, I also need a healer, which I don't have lol. So I feel like I need the damage reducer to be my leader and then bring a healer along.

I think I got mine from a rare gacha or pal egg... they're available in both. (albeit much rarer in pal eggs)

ccbfan

I got like 5 little black dragons I have no idea what to do with (I already have a devil dragon).

Whats worse is that I can't even use them to level up skills since the ultimate version of this have a brand new skill.

Should I just drop these? Kinda painful to sell rares but got a bunch during that 2x drops day with sky dragon stage.

xCobalt

I got like 5 little black dragons I have no idea what to do with (I already have a devil dragon).

Whats worse is that I can't even use them to level up skills since the ultimate version of this have a brand new skill.

Should I just drop these? Kinda painful to sell rares but got a bunch during that 2x drops day with sky dragon stage.

Just because they're duplicates doesn't make them useless. Having 2 or maybe even 3 of them fully evolved when entering a light dungeon will be extremely useful. You'll be able to nuke down bosses with ease.

Smiley90

I don't think I ever seen him. Do you mind if I add you? :)))

He's posted his ID numerous times before, and posts all the time, you'll meet him soon enough ;) He's carrying most people here LOL.

My ID is 387537295, I usually just run with Hades though, not too exciting :p

Polo67

He's posted his ID numerous times before, and posts all the time, you'll meet him soon enough ;) He's carrying most people here LOL.

My ID is 387537295, I usually just run with Hades though, not too exciting :p

OMG i just seen the stats .. my mind is blown

ToxicAdam

One guy on my friends list put up a pet I never seen before:

Pet318.png

Wood Mech/Golem. Similar stats to the 5* Light/Dark MK Mech/Golems but with a 3 round 50% damage reduction as a special. Leader skill is the random massive counterattack.

I really like the art with some of these pets.

Smiley90

is there a reason my FAV monsters don't show up as helpers?

Helpers are other people's monsters - Either explorers (random people, you get 5 pal points, and can't use their monster's leader skills) or friends (you get 10 pal points AND can use their monster's leader skills! much better :) collect ID's from the thread for gafffers ;) )

the "FAV" feature for your monsters is just for your convenience, so you can a) find them more easily and b) it blacks them out for evolution/fusion/selling, so you don't "accidentally" fuse/sell them away :)

You know you've hit it big when the entire Japanese App Store is flooded with clones of your game... even FFATB ripped the monetization wholesale. Except that app costs $3.99 and takes no skill to play.

Polo67

Helpers are other people's monsters - Either explorers (random people, you get 5 pal points, and can't use their monster's leader skills) or friends (you get 10 pal points AND can use their monster's leader skills! much better :) collect ID's from the thread for gafffers ;) )

the "FAV" feature for your monsters is just for your convenience, so you can a) find them more easily and b) it blacks them out for evolution/fusion/selling, so you don't "accidentally" fuse/sell them away :)

Right I'm talking about the monsters from my friends list. Like my GF has a archangel and she's still on my friends list but it does not show her as a helper before I go into a dungeon any more

Right I'm talking about the monsters from my friends list. Like my GF has a archangel and she's still on my friends list but it does not show her as a helper before I go into a dungeon any more

How long has it been since she logged into the game? Your friendlist should tell you how long it's been.

Smiley90

Aah - There is a timer, you can only use someone's helper for x hours (not sure how many hours exactly, and it depends on the level difference too) after they've logged in last time. (she needs to completely close the app and re-login to reset the timer) The closer the two of you are in level, the longer the timer.

Also there might be a usage restriction on top of that (as in, you an only use someone's helper x times before the need to re-login), but we haven't figured that one out completely yet ourselves.

Palmer_v1

Just hit rank 20. Need a trading partner. Not sure how well I'm doing overall. How is everyone posting pics of their stuff directly? Anyway, I currently have a Light team, through no real intention. Just happened to be what I got out of my first two rares eggs:

I started with fire dragon, evo'd once.
Also have a lv 30 Valkyrie
Lv 30 Verche
Lv 1 White Dragon
Lv 19 Topaz Carbuncle
Lv Max White Fighter

No idea if this is any good or if I should be focusing on something in particular. I've been using Grundy@gaf's angel a lot for help. I feel like I'm wasting too many turns waiting for hearts, light blocks, or waiting for skill cooldowns, though I've only died twice and am in Fire Frest Nerva.

My friend code is 369,948,205.

ccbfan

Is everyone lying to me about these great metal dragon dungeons?

Am I getting massively tricked?

Did another 6 today and another all day nothing but regular metal dragons.

That make twenty tries and 2 high level dragons.

Oh I randomly did a 1.5 drop siren level and got a high one there.

Forz

I've finally joined the 6 star club and evolved my Parvati. Her upgraded leader skill is pretty awesome (1.5x damage and hp and possibly healing for all green monsters). It would be perfect to pair up with another Parvati for tons of life and damage but there doesn't seem to be too many of them around.

I really hope that after the Blade of Justice dungeon we get a shot at all of the other swordsmen. I really need a green one for both my dragon and green team. A lil green dragon would also be nice. I have a white, red, and about 3 black ones so far.

Smiley90

Really? That seems like abysmally low odds, damn :/ I get a King like every... maybe 8th try or so? and a High maybe every 2nd or 3rd try... sorry to hear that :/

That really sucks. when you say 2 high level ones do you mean kings or highs? i feel like either youre just on a bad streak, or im on a good streak, or both. ive done metal dragons a grand total of maybe 10 times and ive gotten at least 5 kings and 5 highs.

not trying to make you feel worse lol, but dont give up on it just yet is all

Boken

Banned
I'm trying to level my Ammy more for you guys. 80 > 85 today. Definitely gonna need some +RCV eggs. Glad to hear you're getting by anyway though.
Aw man you and your ammy are way too awesome

I don't bother with Dark Metal Dragon dungeons anymore. They're just not worth it when you have access to pengdras

Azheim

Neo Member

Not tricked, just unlucky.

I ran the metal dragon dungeon twice today and got two King dragons and one High. Sorry about your luck. I must have stolen your drops. ;-)

thaOwner

Just hit rank 20. Need a trading partner. Not sure how well I'm doing overall. How is everyone posting pics of their stuff directly? Anyway, I currently have a Light team, through no real intention. Just happened to be what I got out of my first two rares eggs:

I started with fire dragon, evo'd once.
Also have a lv 30 Valkyrie
Lv 30 Verche
Lv 1 White Dragon
Lv 19 Topaz Carbuncle
Lv Max White Fighter

No idea if this is any good or if I should be focusing on something in particular. I've been using Grundy@gaf's angel a lot for help. I feel like I'm wasting too many turns waiting for hearts, light blocks, or waiting for skill cooldowns, though I've only died twice and am in Fire Frest Nerva.

My friend code is 369,948,205.

Palmer I traded with you. My name on there is grundy@GAF. You're already my friend.

Wow, shrine of sprites on expert is pretty damned hard. Next time instead of a healer and damage reducer I need double leaders with attack power boost. Only way to win that one is through damage I think

Azheim

Neo Member
So does poison damage ignore DEF? I'm trying to figure out why people say that you can one-shot rooms with Lilith, when 1x her ATK/turn isn't very much for damage.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Wow, shrine of sprites on expert is pretty damned hard. Next time instead of a healer and damage reducer I need double leaders with attack power boost. Only way to win that one is through damage I think

I just used a resolve team with 2x slow time + 1 poison. :) Got my rainbow dude to drop at the end, too!

E: Double post, sorry...on phone.

Kosh

‎[US] Sapphire Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/18/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 8:00 13:00 18:00
B: 9:00 14:00 19:00
C: 10:00 15:00 20:00
D: 11:00 16:00 21:00
E: 12:00 17:00 22:00

Jinko

If you want to skill up the chaos devil dragon you will need to go through the shitty task of levelling them all up just to feed them to him, this is where the grind sets in big time....

Then a patch comes out and sets your skill back to 1 again lol :O

starter dragons aren't so bad as you can feed them chimeras as skill up fodder.

also who would of thought dublits could hit so hard :s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom