• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Xelios, your Amaterasu helped me clear Sky Dragon of Darkness on Expert. TOTALLY did not think i would be prepared for that fight. If you get a few more levels on her then she'll actually outheal the damage from the boss. Currently she heals at 287 under the damage that the boss does, so in order to win you have to be able to manually heal 287 HP / turn somehow. For me I relied on Shower of Healing when i was < 500, and then I also used a Carbuncles 2000 recovery every 9 turns. That was enough to get me to victory.

BTW, is the drop 100% on the Night Skydragon Elysion? I got the drop first time, but I'm not sure if it always drops on Expert.

Also picked up a Lil' Black Dragon from Adept, so that was nice

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Sorry to do this to you xel, but could I get your ama this weekend?

My Amaterasu Ohkami will be up from now through the weekend most of the time, and I'll be signing in and out as needed.

ToxicAdam

I guess I'll give it to a random gaffer in my friendlist. I really want to hit the egg machine for the second time.

Find someone on your friends list that is around level 19 (make sure they have played recently). Gift them and they should return the favor. It worked for me.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Find someone on your friends list that is around level 19 (make sure they have played recently). Gift them and they should return the favor. It worked for me.

Someone did that to me, gave me a gift randomly, and I have no idea who it was.

I will second your :( in regards to stamina. The only thing that keeps me from being too upset about the stamina system is that I'd probably play this game waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy too much if I could just play whenever I wanted.
I find the stamina system also unintentionally adds a new dimension to the game, requiring players to make long-term plans for progress. "Okay today I'm going to hunt Keepers to evolve my starter, then tomorrow I'll try to get farther in Polar Night Tower, then the next day is Ruby Dragon grinding..."

Everyone on my list is either 30+ or less than level 10. :(

You could also join the Facebook group and post your id there saying you want to exchange gifts. People are exchanging gifts on there all the time

If none of that works out, I have a friend who is Rank 18 and will be rank 20 in a day or two and has nobody to exchange with

I find the stamina system also unintentionally adds a new dimension to the game, requiring players to make long-term plans for progress. "Okay today I'm going to hunt Keepers to evolve my starter, then tomorrow I'll try to get farther in Polar Night Tower, then the next day is Ruby Dragon grinding..."

I do however wish that Stamina regeneration rate would increase as you levelled. But I'm talking a really really small amount. Like maybe remove 1 minute of regen time / 100 ranks, distributed evenly among the ranks. So every few ranks you get minus 1 or 2 seconds stamina regen rate.

xCobalt

Even though the Stamina system slightly hinders the overall experience. I think its pretty balanced and is done quite well. I recall numerous posts where people stated they would pay for a game with no stamina but that would require some adjustments to the game as well. No stamina restriction would mean endless runs in special dungeons which would really throw the game's balance off.

J0dy77

My Amaterasu Ohkami will be up from now through the weekend most of the time, and I'll be signing in and out as needed.

I like to take a moment and thank Xelios for his ADK and Ammy who have carried both my accounts. /applause

side note: you must be racking up the PAL points with all these GAFers abusing your account. lol

At rank 27, I have a full 41 point team. HP is at 5039. Any other information I can provide that would help you guys to tell me if I need to make any major changes? I am working on Fire Forest Nerva and I will say that the only way I am getting through these dungeons is with an Angel as helper and even then it takes forever on the boss battle.

At rank 27, I have a full 41 point team. HP is at 5039. Any other information I can provide that would help you guys to tell me if I need to make any major changes? I am working on Fire Forest Nerva and I will say that the only way I am getting through these dungeons is with an Angel as helper and even then it takes forever on the boss battle.
This seems to be a common thing people run into on that tier of dungeon. It's difficult to tell if you are having actual problems or not without having you post your team because that tier is a gigantic pain in the ass.

i generally have significantly have less HP than that and made it through nerva relatively trouble free

This seems to be a common thing people run into on that tier of dungeon. It's difficult to tell if you are having actual problems or not without having you post your team because that tier is a gigantic pain in the ass.

I am using:
Tyrannos Level 11
Ice Ogre Level 15 (not a huge fan but he provides offense and hp, and I don't currently have a better option for blue)
D'spinas Level 1 (just evolved him so once I get some xp fodder I will get him up a bit)
Cupid Level 17
Wood Mech Warrior Asgard Level 30

J0dy77

Who are you using as your friend during these fights? A huge part of this is to make sure you get good friends. Take a look at the GAF list and add some of the Ancient Dragon Knight and Ammy owners or leaders that will boost HP or Dmg of your team make up.

Ferrio

Banned
Swear I have the luckiest rare egg pulls.

Out of the 5 pulls ive done I've gotton.

Lvl 5 Amaterasu
Lvl 5 Chaos Dragon Knight
Lvl 4 Vampire Lord
Lvl 4 Siren
Some trash monster

Jinko

I am using:
Tyrannos Level 11
Ice Ogre Level 15 (not a huge fan but he provides offense and hp, and I don't currently have a better option for blue)
D'spinas Level 1 (just evolved him so once I get some xp fodder I will get him up a bit)
Cupid Level 17
Wood Mech Warrior Asgard Level 30

Might wana get some water monsters in there if you are tackling a fire dungeon, they will do double the damage they are supposed to which makes a huge difference.

There will get a point where you will need to think about what your party needs prior to going into a dungeon, in most cases its means a lot of farming and levelling up.

Its coming along, but inputting moster data for 400+ monsters takes a long time

Google "puzzle dragons english wiki" to find the link,

Speaking of which if anyone wants to help me complete the Evolution list, by all means do :D

http://puzzle-dragons-global.wikia.com/wiki/Evolution_List

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wohoo got a 5* Marine Rider. My best gacha since the initial rerolled Hades :x

Just realized he's dual Water/Wood too, awesome

StMeph

This game is a soul-sucking Sisyphean Skinner box of futility.

I rolled for two weeks until I hit Valkyrie, and now have been farming the same map for a Naga over at least 60 attempts, as I've lost count. Rank 27, still on that map, and refuse to move on until I get one; Mermaid/Succubus probably won't be any better.

That's before having to farm up evolution materials. Someone please kill me now.

On another note, everyone says to stack RCV on Amaterasu, for easily understood reasons. But what stats should I stack for Valkyrie? Or my other non-Leaders (healers)? Always ATK? It seems like some manner of Sturdy is the way to go end-game, so I can't imagine anyone would want to buff HP. Is RCV only useful for the auto-regeneration healing?

Even for nuke-based teams like Dragons, that would be all ATK, no?

commish

I rolled for two weeks until I hit Valkyrie, and now have been farming the same map for a Naga over at least 60 attempts, as I've lost count. Rank 27, still on that map, and refuse to move on until I get one; Mermaid/Succubus probably won't be any better.

That's before having to farm up evolution materials. Someone please kill me now.

On another note, everyone says to stack RCV on Amaterasu, for easily understood reasons. But what stats should I stack for Valkyrie? Or my other non-Leaders (healers)? Always ATK? It seems like some manner of Sturdy is the way to go end-game, so I can't imagine anyone would want to buff HP. Is RCV only useful for the auto-regeneration healing?

You're really playing the game wrong... you shouldn't be farming for a Naga that hardcore yet

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That feeling when you see a good drop together with 2 crap drops, you kill the 2 crap drops and no eggs fall so you get excited, then you kill the good drop and NO EGGS AGAIN, no eggs for the battle roud. Fuuuuuuu. I got excited -.-

StMeph

You're really playing the game wrong... you shouldn't be farming for a Naga that hardcore yet

I have no doubt that it's not the best way to go about it (not waiting for bonus drop rates, etc.), or that it's not that important so early in the game, but I'm OCD in the sense that if I know something is best-in-slot or end-game necessary -- as in this case for the foundational core to a Valkyrie team -- and is available now, I am going to get it, now.

I'm going to bitch about it though.

commish

I have no doubt that it's not the best way to go about it (not waiting for bonus drop rates, etc.), or that it's not that important so early in the game, but I'm OCD in the sense that if I know something is best-in-slot or end-game necessary -- as in this case for the foundational core to a Valkyrie team -- and is available now, I am going to get it, now.

I think there are better places to farm her though, later. I understand your OCD-ness but it'll really kill you in this game. The RNG gods suck.

I think there are better places to farm her though, later. I understand your OCD-ness but it'll really kill you in this game. The RNG gods suck.
Not only do they suck but they also taunt you constantly, and GungHo knows it - this is the back cover of their art book (lol)
2wdUv.jpg

Jinko

RCV will generate more health per matched hearts, so its helpful on a party wide scale, although you should prob think about getting Amu +99'd first lol

+HP is good for Dragon teams 2x/4x/6.25x etc which don't rely on resolve.

And end up burning yourself out in the process ? I would only farm a specific monster if it has 2 x drop for that dungeon, you're guna go insane otherwise.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
With the drop rate I'm getting on pengdras they're becoming more annoying than helpful for the stamina.

Jinko

Anyone else noticing crazy XP today, I just got 13k XP on first level of wood technical dungeon, its normally more like 2k /shrugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom