• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParityBit

So I am moving along with my Amu team. But it seems the only time I can really move forward is using a Green Odin friend. I am Sea Cave of Mercury (Sea Dragon of Ice level)

This game is much much harder when you only had one good pull from the rare gacha. I am wondering if I should try to level up some other pets. (I have a black dragon, lil green, toytops)

Tarps

I need a bit of advice here,

I've reached Rank 28 and my best healer is a Dragon Fruit :eek:/ any ideas on where I can find a decent healer? I'm up to Fire Forest Nerva at the moment and my progression is starting to slow...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So, would the shiva strategy for masks work on expert Friday dungeon?

Yup!

I need a bit of advice here,

I've reached Rank 28 and my best healer is a Dragon Fruit :eek:/ any ideas on where I can find a decent healer? I'm up to Fire Forest Nerva at the moment and my progression is starting to slow...

You need a few healer friends. You don't need a good healer as much as you need access to a good healer. You can add me if you'd like - I keep Alraune up when I log out (grass healer). There's a few Archangel, Siren the Enchanter, and at least one Amaterasu evos running around here on GAF, too. 398,038,297

Oh, and join the PAD Facebook group. I've gotten a lot of help from them already.

Tarps

Thanks nicoga, I just fired an invite your way. I have a couple of good healer friends already, but I'm grateful for the help, Alarune will do nicely thanks!

Radav

3 Mythlits in 4 runs! Thank you increased drop rate. All I need is 2 more. Having my own 5 star Siren healer is going to be a big boost to the progress I can start making.

J0dy77

Very excited to see the new Red rare pulls this morning... Very depressed when I got two basic rares, one of them being a Mythic Light knight I already have.

Anyone think there is benefit to keeping two of the same type of monster or should I just fuse him with the higher ranked knight for the possible skill up?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Thanks nicoga, I just fired an invite your way. I have a couple of good healer friends already, but I'm grateful for the help, Alarune will do nicely thanks!

Just accepted you - hope you can make use of my heals! Working on getting her +RCV up, haha.

raiot

YEAH! :) Just evolved my Mandrake to an Alraune, I think I will leave it for a while as leader to help other people. A 5* Healer is always needed!

Tarps

Anyone else been getting duplicate messages from Gungho? I've had around 5/6 messages all celebrating reaching the 100k milestone, each with a magic stone attached. Not complaining of course!

Also I'm tempted to through some money at the devs for this, but with a US game sideloaded onto my UK android, I'm worried everything will collapse when software gets updated... hmmm

ToxicAdam

I think I made a mistake with evolving my Marine Rider. He has the same skills, worse stats (for now) .. yet a higher team cost. His maxed out (lvl 99) potential isn't even that great. 1700 hp and 1500 attack. I guess as a leader his skill can make him pretty lethal, but then you waste it if that's your only strong Attack pet.

Needed to use a Rainbow Keeper and a divine mask to evolve him. Oh well.

Anyone else been getting duplicate messages from Gungho? I've had around 5/6 messages all celebrating reaching the 100k milestone, each with a magic stone attached. Not complaining of course!

Also I'm tempted to through some money at the devs for this, but with a US game sideloaded onto my UK android, I'm worried everything will collapse when software gets updated... hmmm

i think its a daily thing while their '100k download' promotion is going on. most daily dungeons have been increased drop rate as well

Very excited to see the new Red rare pulls this morning... Very depressed when I got two basic rares, one of them being a Mythic Light knight I already have.

Anyone think there is benefit to keeping two of the same type of monster or should I just fuse him with the higher ranked knight for the possible skill up?
You should keep at least two because having two orb changers on a team is nice for certain strategies. After that feeding them to each other in the hopes of a skillup is advisable.

Victrix

*beard*
Woot

gNOEM6.png

Time for heavy weekend dungeon runs after this, I need cash after leveling and evolving creatures all week

Victrix

*beard*
Not a pull, that's an evolve, I've been working on her since Minerva form

Atk is 948 at her current level, I'll probably take her up to around 50 or so and leave here there for a bit

Sub elements give 30% damage if they're off color, or 10% if same color, so any time I match red + dark, she gets the 30% damage boost, plus whatever combo multiplier

ParityBit

I think I made a mistake with evolving my Marine Rider. He has the same skills, worse stats (for now) .. yet a higher team cost. His maxed out (lvl 99) potential isn't even that great. 1700 hp and 1500 attack. I guess as a leader his skill can make him pretty lethal, but then you waste it if that's your only strong Attack pet.

Needed to use a Rainbow Keeper and a divine mask to evolve him. Oh well.

My Marine Rider is my #2 guy behind Amu. Not a very good #2!

garath

My 30 cost Thor really kills me. He's not even that great as a leader. I'm half tempted to just pull him out for a bit and use all my evolved guys that don't fit in my team anymore.

Without thor I'd have:

2x evolved lil black dragon
2x evolved lil white dragon
Max evolved red starter
Angel
Evolved mystic white knight

Could probably fit all of them anyways. Angel as leader would give me some healing.. could be a possibility.

ToxicAdam

My Marine Rider is my #2 guy behind Amu. Not a very good #2!

He was my #1 for a long time until I leveled up some others (Siren and Holy Dragon) and had a few other better pulls (Odin).

I still like his orb switching ability for Water/Wood teams, but with his increased team cost I can't fit him in anymore. Guess it's time to grind up some more levels to get my team cost stats up.

Jinko

Woot

gNOEM6.png

Time for heavy weekend dungeon runs after this, I need cash after leveling and evolving creatures all week

I didn't even know there were 7 star monsters :O

Interestingly I just thought I would boot up my game on my phone and it seems they are in sync with each other :O

Was expecting to lose progress but all monsters and XP is accounted for which is handy :D (which makes me even more confused why they don't add an account/log in system for this game)

My 30 cost Thor really kills me. He's not even that great as a leader. I'm half tempted to just pull him out for a bit and use all my evolved guys that don't fit in my team anymore.

Without thor I'd have:

2x evolved lil black dragon
2x evolved lil white dragon
Max evolved red starter
Angel
Evolved mystic white knight

Could probably fit all of them anyways. Angel as leader would give me some healing.. could be a possibility.

Yea I would imagine it would be better to find a helper with thor you could get all the benefit and none of the cost then. (his skills are pretty useful for bosses)

It's really weird how they haven't implemented a login system. Princess Punt (which I downloaded for the JP PAD crossover promotion) has one, so it's not a case of incompetence on Gungho's part.

Victrix

*beard*
I didn't even know there were 7 star monsters :O

I think all 7* monsters are ultimate evolves

We have access to the ogre, big dragon, and greek god ultimate evos in our version.

We're missing the upgrades for starter dragons, colored gem changers (valk, vampire, titan, etc), and I think a few others too. Pretty sure devils/demons got an upgrade. Oh, and Ogres actually get a useful active attack ability in their ultimate forms which we don't have yet either.

Basically update plz :p

ToxicAdam

I think GungHo has been pretty generous in the stone gifts since I have been playing. I've probably received about 20-25 free ones in the mail in the past month and 1/2 of playing. Most of those were wasted on my old account, but still.

Owzers

what's the expert shine of sprites like? I can't gamble my 25 stamina going in blind. Did the reg shrine twice and got zero green sprites.....my mandrake is not amused.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
what's the expert shine of sprites like? I can't gamble my 25 stamina going in blind. Did the reg shrine twice and got zero green sprites.....my mandrake is not amused.

Bring a resolve team with poison and time delay.

Leader: Titan/Ogre/etc
Sub: Healer
Team: 2xNaga/Echidna (any time slow), Lilith (or any poison), damage/orb change/more poison

That should work well. Charge in the low rounds so you can wipe the hard rounds.

harrytang

Bring a resolve team with poison and time delay.

Leader: Titan/Ogre/etc
Sub: Healer
Team: 2xNaga/Echidna (any time slow), Lilith (or any poison), damage/orb change/more poison

That should work well. Charge in the low rounds so you can wipe the hard rounds.

easy to say. i just beat dark no rcv dungeon on expert 4 times in a row with no poison drop. cannot get. so frustrating. least you level up quickly.

One guy on my friends list put up a pet I never seen before:

Pet318.png

Wood Mech/Golem. Similar stats to the 5* Light/Dark MK Mech/Golems but with a 3 round 50% damage reduction as a special. Leader skill is the random massive counterattack.

I really like the art with some of these pets.
That's the guy I pulled with my starter egg and he has been wonderful for getting through some levels. Sure he costs 30 to be on my team, can't be evolved and his skill takes awhile to charge, but he has a TON of HP, has an excellent active skill, and his passive hits are insane. Hes especially silly against blue monsters; I hit a blue dragon for 26k and that was a boss!

Finally got my starter fire dragon to the highes lvl. I seem to be running an all dragon team got a lil blue and lil red dragon the other day and almost have my lil white/dark to their highest lvl.

Radav

Damn that Minerva is badass! I'm rank 55 and my best monster is still my Wood Mech Warrior Asgard. I've yet to be lucky enough to pull a 5* or higher since I got my Mech as my starter from the tutorial. I've stopped at 110 boxes and am just going to save any stones I get from now on for the next time they have an offer similar to the one they did with the Norse/Japanese gods the other day. Tell your friends this game rocks we need to hit another milestone soon. lol

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What are the best light/dark orb changers that are preferably not too difficult to get? Dark/light don't have Ogres that are easy to get :/ I need one on my team lol

lenni

What are the best light/dark orb changers that are preferably not too difficult to get? Dark/light don't have Ogres that are easy to get :/ I need one on my team lol

Right now, you can try for a light swordsman, it's the boss of all Blade of Justice dungeons and should have a chance to drop on any of those.

Smiley90

Right now, you can try for a light swordsman, it's the boss of all Blade of Justice dungeons and should have a chance to drop on any of those.

I'll wait and see if they do 2x drop rate on the last day like they've done before and run it then, thanks! Anything else?

Owzers

mandrake evolved, also evolved my salamander as i had nothing else to evolve from team red so i might as well.

now..stamina....and needing orochi XP

And i didn't know ogres can change orbs, how does that work? I was looking at my second tier ogre and didn't see an evolve path.

Feed it to a water monster now for 9000 EXP, or...

Run Sapphire Dragons today and fuse two of those + Dragon Plant to it to evolve it into a monster worth 45000 EXP

Smiley90

What colour are Sapphire lol...

Also I've had soooo little success with farming for boss loot in dungeons, it's off-putting. I don't have the stamina/nothing else to do to just run 100+ runs just to get a single drop... Ran Coaxing snake at least 20 times for a Lilith/Succubus, no success. Have given up for now... So with respect to Naga: Only do it f you're ready to put in 50+ runs and have nothing better to put your stamina in to.

ParityBit

What colour are Sapphire lol...

Also I've had soooo little success with farming for boss loot in dungeons, it's off-putting. I don't have the stamina/nothing else to do to just run 100+ runs just to get a single drop... Ran Coaxing snake at least 20 times for a Lilith/Succubus, no success. Have given up for now... So with respect to Naga: Only do it f you're ready to put in 50+ runs and have nothing better to put your stamina in to.

Well, I cant really beat anything with my current setup. So I dont have much to dump my stamina in. I am trying to find a poor mans way of getting a good team. You guys have crazy rare loot pulls!

I have no gems, and I have Amu, Marine Rider, my starter(red) and Toytops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom