• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Well, I cant really beat anything with my current setup. So I dont have much to dump my stamina in. I am trying to find a poor mans way of getting a good team. You guys have crazy rare loot pulls!

I have no gems, and I have Amu, Marine Rider, my starter(red) and Toytops.

My only good drops were the initial Hades and then marine rider too lol. My optimal setup atm would probably be:

Moondragon D'spinas
Hades
Devil Dragon (3rd form of Lil'black dragon)
Sundragon Pterados
Machine Golem Mk. II
Friend leader: white healer or vampire Lord, depending on how hard the dungeon is.

But... I don't have enough team points for that lol. Plus, I still need an orb changer... also working on a blue/green team on the side, now that I have marine rider that kinda presents itself. Have the blue starter final form, marine rider, mandrake, toyceratops and Sylph I can build around...but that team isn't far ahead yet.

Mudo

Well, I never thought I'd be sucked into a game like this, but I've been playing it obsessively for the last week or so. I am around rank 28 I think now but I'm having some issues that I guess stem from me not knowing all of the "rules" for this game. I've got a couple questions that hopefully someone in the know can help me with:

1. I am using a green Carbuncle that has a 500 HP heal for my "healer" and she is basically, unfortunately, useless. That amount barely moves my bar so I feel like she is a wasted space. Where can I get a better healer? I haven't seen much of anything with a heal ability yet in the game that has dropped for me so I"m not sure what I'm supposed to do.

2. I bought magic stones to have 2 rare egg chances and I got Indra a 5 star Light God type monster that has made a massive difference for me. However, I also have a a blue Shardran and it won't let me add it to my party when I have Indra in it also. I have enough points to add them both but I noticed they both have a checkered pattern behind their portrait. Please please don't tell me some monsters can ONLY be a leader? If so, I'm screwed LOL!

3. My ID is 331,737,283 - I'd love to have some friends. I have not had the best luck with getting good random friends thus far.

Smiley90

Well, I never thought I'd be sucked into a game like this, but I've been playing it obsessively for the last week or so. I am around rank 28 I think now but I'm having some issues that I guess stem from me not knowing all of the "rules" for this game. I've got a couple questions that hopefully someone in the know can help me with:

1. I am using a green Carbuncle that has a 500 HP heal for my "healer" and she is basically, unfortunately, useless. That amount barely moves my bar so I feel like she is a wasted space. Where can I get a better healer? I haven't seen much of anything with a heal ability yet in the game that has dropped for me so I"m not sure what I'm supposed to do.

2. I bought magic stones to have 2 rare egg chances and I got Indra a 5 star Light God type monster that has made a massive difference for me. However, I also have a a blue Shardran and it won't let me add it to my party when I have Indra in it also. I have enough points to add them both but I noticed they both have a checkered pattern behind their portrait. Please please don't tell me some monsters can ONLY be a leader? If so, I'm screwed LOL!

3. My ID is 331,737,283 - I'd love to have some friends. I have not had the best luck with getting good random friends thus far.

Are you sure you have enough points for both? That's the only thing I can think of... there's no such thing as leader-only :/ also yes, carbuncles are sadly useless. The easiest way to get a healer if you didn't get one from the rare pull is, simply, get friends with healers.it's hard to get decent healers from anything but pulls, but there are a lot of people with amus, archangel or alraune, which is all the breaking you'll ever need. If you want one yourself not from rare pull,I think mermaids are the only decent ones that drop art a dungeon your stage, not sure exactly which one though.it's also a rare drip and frustrating to get though, friends are really your best bet.

Edit: you should add @GAF to your name so people don't accidentally delete you ;)

xCobalt

Wow, have such terrible luck in today's dungeon. I need 3 green dublits and after a few runs, I have 5 of the blue and red ones and 6 light ones.

ToxicAdam

Ideally you want to find a healer that heals when orbs are matched. So you want to recruit as many of those in your friends list as possible.

Carbuncles can be okay if you get their skill level up. So you need to farm carbuncles and feed them to it to have a chance to increase your skill level.

But eventually they are going to be completely useless, so you probably shouldn't invest too much into it.

Indra is a fantastic get. But it has a high team cost. You have a stat called team cost that only lets you have so many strong monsters in at one time. As your account gains levels, you will get a higher team cost allotment.

Boken

Banned
Wow, have such terrible luck in today's dungeon. I need 3 green dublits and after a few runs, I have 5 of the blue and red ones and 6 light ones.

Needing 3 of the same colour in a daily dungeon is a recipe for disaster (or filling your boxes with random junk). Maybe just wait for dungeon of wood 1/2 stamina?

Palmer_v1

Reposting for help. I traded the rank 20 gift with grundy but the rest still stands:

Just hit rank 20. Need a trading partner. Not sure how well I'm doing overall. How is everyone posting pics of their stuff directly? Anyway, I currently have a Light team, through no real intention. Just happened to be what I got out of my first two rares eggs:

I started with fire dragon, evo'd once.
Also have a lv 30 Valkyrie
Lv 30 Verche
Lv 1 White Dragon
Lv 19 Topaz Carbuncle
Lv Max White Fighter

No idea if this is any good or if I should be focusing on something in particular. I've been using Grundy@gaf's angel a lot for help. I feel like I'm wasting too many turns waiting for hearts, light blocks, or waiting for skill cooldowns, though I've only died twice and am in Fire Frest Nerva.

My friend code is 369,948,205.

Mudo

Thanks for the quick replies. I didn't even know I could change my name so I added the @GAF to it. Regarding healers - I have seen that heal when you match orb one before but not a drop. I'll be on the lookout and just start trying to get friends to fill in the healing gap.

What is this about feeding Carbuncles to Carbuncle to increase skill level? You mean if you feed a monster the same monster there is a chance its ability will get better? As in, the heal amount will go up. If so, then wow - I did not know and have never given that a single thought. I wonder just how much other stuff I don't know about this game. Scary!

fake edit: oh right, OK - Indra costs 20 to use LOL I thought it was 10. That puts me over my limit so I'm going to have to tough out a level or 2 until I can add him back in to the mix.

xCobalt

Needing 3 of the same colour in a daily dungeon is a recipe for disaster (or filling your boxes with random junk). Maybe just wait for dungeon of wood 1/2 stamina?

The dublits are located in the expert dungeons. I believe they only appear in the last tier of normal dungeons. The fourth wave spawns a red, blue and green dublit and one of them is guaranteed to drop. Not having much luck with that so far.

Boken

Banned
Oops. Dublits.

Well to share your pain, I needed a light keeper. I did rainbow keeper 4 times and got 4 dark keepers instead. Theres a 7% chance of that happening : (

Mudo

Reading more has led to yet another question - Are there rare drop monsters from the last battle of all dungeons or just the "special" section? I certainly have never gotten any crazy rare drop at all in the course of normal play so far. But I haven't really played the boss of dungeons more than 1 or 2 times each so...

Smiley90

Reading more has led to yet another question - Are there rare drop monsters from the last battle of all dungeons or just the "special" section? I certainly have never gotten any crazy rare drop at all in the course of normal play so far. But I haven't really played the boss of dungeons more than 1 or 2 times each so...

Not necessarily all boss stages, but some middle stages have low odds of dropping good monsters - eg succubus drops from the 2nd stage of twin temple Apollo with like 1% odds... there's a list of which dungeons have which drops in the Chinese wiki

ToxicAdam

What is this about feeding Carbuncles to Carbuncle to increase skill level? You mean if you feed a monster the same monster there is a chance its ability will get better? As in, the heal amount will go up. If so, then wow - I did not know and have never given that a single thought. I wonder just how much other stuff I don't know about this game. Scary!

As long as monsters share the exact same skill (for instance, Marine Goblins and Mermaid/Siren share the same), there is a chance they can have their skill increased.

What that does is not increase the effectiveness of the skill, but rather decrease the amount of turns it takes to 'power up'. So, if your Carbuncle can heal every 10 rounds ... you skill it up several times and then it will be able to heal every 7 rounds. This doesn't sound like much .. but can make the difference in some battles or boss fights. Depends on the skill.

Aggrotek

Got this in my rare pull yesterday.

rsZVF.png

Is it good?

Ferrio

Banned
So anyone on the android version gotton the 100k downloads message multiple times? I keep getting it.... along with another magic stone. Not complaining.. just seems odd.

Smiley90

So anyone on the android version gotton the 100k downloads message multiple times? I keep getting it.... along with another magic stone. Not complaining.. just seems odd.

You get it once a day for x days, x being however long they keep this celebration on. They did the same thing to celebrate new year's/christmas. It's nice :)

harrytang

seems like some color of metal dragons is a daily thing, at least it's been that way for weeks.

3 days of color and the rest metal. gotta get em while you can for serious evo time.

Got this in my rare pull yesterday.

http://i.imgur.com/rsZVF.png[/IMGG]

Is it good?[/QUOTE]

it could be awesome, but its like getting a ton of homework. going to take a long time to level up to 4* and then 5* level 70. I think between level 60 and 70 its 200k xp. takes forever.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Damnit. Tried Dark daily dragon dungeon. Caught the Lilith at the end, but there's NO way for me to kill that boss on expert, not unless I spend a good number of stones. Should I spend stones to kill him or just walk away and hang my head in shame?

yes...just a different color and a different time each day

Speaking of which, today was particularly annoying because the news message was colored in green so I thought it was green dragons, then I went in to find they were blue dragons! Wasted 20 freaking stamina. At least I got a magic stone out of it since I'd never done it before, I guess.

Do King metal dragons of an off color not give much exp ?

Colored metal dragons actually give more base exp than the equivalent gold / black metal dragons. Aside from that, all the standard rules apply. Feeding to an off color gets you 1x the base exp, feeding to same color gets you 1.5x the base.

I believe the base for a colored king is 55k, and the base for a black/gold king is 50k

ToxicAdam

Damnit. Tried Dark daily dragon dungeon. Caught the Lilith at the end, but there's NO way for me to kill that boss on expert, not unless I spend a good number of stones. Should I spend stones to kill him or just walk away and hang my head in shame?

My advice is to never spend stones to finish a level unless you have a rare egg that dropped in the round or if you are at the very end of a dungeon and will get that stone back anyways.

Aggrotek

3 days of color and the rest metal. gotta get em while you can for serious evo time.

it could be awesome, but its like getting a ton of homework. going to take a long time to level up to 4* and then 5* level 70. I think between level 60 and 70 its 200k xp. takes forever.

What does it evolve into?

I cannot find any resources to find out what I need to evolve my Drall into a Agdrall. It's max level and I have a dragon seed, dragon plant, and rybylit but theres something else there hidden by an question mark..

yup...my Fenrir is at 35 and i'm stopping until i get pendras. taking too long w/ just dragons

harrytang

What does it evolve into?

turns into one of the dragons knights. same drop you get from blades dungeon, but that one yellow. i got a blue one from rare pull and got pretty upset. the 4 star is formidable in the line up if you put some work in. orb changers.

Draxal

I cannot find any resources to find out what I need to evolve my Drall into a Agdrall. It's max level and I have a dragon seed, dragon plant, and rybylit but theres something else there hidden by an question mark..

Dragon flower.

Do the salamanders/sea serpent tier drop any where are all they only gacha only? I kinda want a couple of Tiamats.

flammie

I remember it being a mythlit. You can find them in the tech dungeons or the boss of the adept friday dungeon i believe.

Edit: Bah totally wrong, it is a dragon flower as mentioned above.

I remember it being a mythlit. You can find them in the tech dungeons or the boss of the adept friday dungeon i believe.

Edit: Bah totally wrong, it is a dragon flower as mentioned above.

For the first level from Drall to Aggdrall it's just a Dragon Flower

By the way, where does the Drall even come from?

Smiley90

It'll appear again in 4 hours if it just ended. Just conserve your stamina till then

I selected it and then just waited for the stamina to appear... Either that worked in preventing its disappearance, or it didn't disappear right away - anyway, i got in and even got a king, success! :p

is gryps rider any good? stats seem so so but he's dual light/dark which is interesting. i just pulled him from the gacha
It's alright. Got it as one of my early pulls, and worked decently on my team, until I finally assembled a full Dragon cast. Guess it depends on your team makeup. But high-end orb changers are always useful to have around for situational use if they're not part of your regular team.

Actually, just a bit ago I realized another possible use for dual-color monsters. They could be used as another team strategy against those low Hp/high defense dungeons like Masks and Dublits. Normally, without using poison or Shiva's skill, the max damage you can do in 1 turn is 6 damage to any 1 monster. With 6 dual monsters and a match of each other, you can do 12 damage in 1 turn. If you manage to get an AOE attack of 5 or more orbs, you could sweep whole rounds in a single turn. And Gryp's orb changing skill makes that even easier to pull-off.

Speaking of which, today was particularly annoying because the news message was colored in green so I thought it was green dragons, then I went in to find they were blue dragons! Wasted 20 freaking stamina. At least I got a magic stone out of it since I'd never done it before, I guess.
Yeah, I was hoping for Emeralds too, but I still have a bunch of blue Pengdras from completing the technical dungeons, so I could still use the Sapphire Dragons. In fact, I run a green/dark team, so I just use all the off-color Pengdras I raise to level-up my dark monsters. It's the most experience you can provide for dark/light monsters aside from King Metal/Gold dragons.

Jinko

Thats only 5 evolved pengdra's, doesn't take long if you planned ahead, sucks if you don't though.

Owzers

managed to take down expert glow worms without orochi, used an ice ogre and then for a helper i chose Neptune for his poison, along with my lilth, wiped round 4 and 5 in one shot. Is round 3 always easy lvl glow worms? That helped immensely. Didn't get the rainbow guy drop at the end though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom