• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short answer: no.

Long answer: nooooooooo.

Even longer answer: No, at some point you are forced to rely on leader abilities such as 2x attack for all monsters of type x, which will force you to run a 1-3 colour-team to be most efficient.

I disagree; this team's gotten me all the way to Tomb of the Saint Expert and Castle of Satan in the Abyss:
zOXSAbgl.png

I'll probably sub in Angel once she evolves to Archangel. What's important isn't that I'm running four colors, but that each team member (asides from the dubmythlit lol) plays some kind of important role in the team.

Once we get the Egyptian God update, four color teams become mandatory due to Horus' leader skill, but that's another bridge to cross.

xCobalt

Ughh I'm addicted to this game, should've already been in bed, leaving Ammy up. Anyway wanted to show my Tiamat evolution to go on my dark/wood dragon team. Obviously have more leveling up to do on my dragons, and maybe find one to replace my starter dragon. Rest of the team is staying.

Vritra or Devil Dragon ultimately better than starter? Any green dragons better than starter?

Looks good. I plan on running a similar team. I'll probably have Evil Dragon Hellheim over the second CDK though.

Owzers

Where is the best place to find a basic yellow evolve mask? My maxed mystic light knight is angry.

EDIT: Got one from the boss stage of the second light dungeon tier. XP.

xCobalt

What difficulty did you get him on?

@Uthred: Thanks anyway, I use your ADK all the time. :D

Luckily got him on Adept awhile ago. It was the first dragon dungeon I cleared.

Goddamn the art style on #146 and all those other ones like Angel and Fenrir Knight is terrible.

Art style isn't too great but it gets an ultimate evolution (that looks much better) and a stronger ability once it evolves.

ccbfan

Finished my Saph Dragon Dungeons for the Day.

Ran 4 runs and got 1 King, 1 High and 18 regulars. Luckily these guys you can use with the blue birdies. And turn them into 45K bombs for my Siren. (need 200K to get her to 70 and turn her to level 5)

Mik2121

Man, I'm level 26 now and still my monsters are so weak... I used to have a pretty strong guy on my JP account, but I deleted it :S

thaOwner

Just pulled a Minerva. Is it any good ? I got a sea serpent on my first pull. Are these two worth putting the effort into evolving them ?

Ok, so I havent been addicted to a game since PSO on Xbox, and I do have a couple of questions:

1. How in the hell do I change my leaders? I got a God that Ive been working on for quite a while, and for the life of me cant figure out how to put him as a Leader.

2. Is there somewhere a guide where I can see the fastest path to upgrading my party? Im level 26 on one of my 2 accounts (yeah, on my iPad and my GS2), and my party gets spanked on the regular dungeons, unless I have like a 1000HP/800HP helper. :/

elty

I am at the last stage of the first technical dungeon. The green dragon boss has such a high defense that all of my attack does 1 damage.... except my nuke that does 200.

Ok, so I havent been addicted to a game since PSO on Xbox, and I do have a couple of questions:

1. How in the hell do I change my leaders? I got a God that Ive been working on for quite a while, and for the life of me cant figure out how to put him as a Leader.

2. Is there somewhere a guide where I can see the fastest path to upgrading my party? Im level 26 on one of my 2 accounts (yeah, on my iPad and my GS2), and my party gets spanked on the regular dungeons, unless I have like a 1000HP/800HP helper. :/

1. Same way you change your party. If the monster you want to set as leader is currently in your party you need to "Undo" that monster before setting it as leader. Come to think of it... that might be the reason the poster yesterday was having difficulty setting the monster as team leader.

2. Nothing wrong with that; the game is designed around you picking the proper helper for the situation. If you just fuse the dungeon fodder you find onto your party that should be good enough to keep pace with the difficulty curve (up to like Fire Forest Nerva).

1. Same way you change your party. If the monster you want to set as leader is currently in your party you need to "Undo" that monster before setting it as leader. Come to think of it... that might be the reason the poster yesterday was having difficulty setting the monster as team leader.

2. Nothing wrong with that; the game is designed around you picking the proper helper for the situation. If you just fuse the dungeon fodder you find onto your party that should be good enough to keep pace with the difficulty curve (up to like Fire Forest Nerva).

When I reset my party, all the sub monsters on my party get cleared except for my leader. :/

Ughh I'm addicted to this game, should've already been in bed, leaving Ammy up. Anyway wanted to show my Tiamat evolution to go on my dark/wood dragon team. Obviously have more leveling up to do on my dragons, and maybe find one to replace my starter dragon. Rest of the team is staying.

Vritra or Devil Dragon ultimately better than starter? Any green dragons better than starter?

photo12ixkjr.png

photo133mko5.png
That's a pretty powerful setup. Looking good. With dual Chaos and Ancient Dragon Knights you really set the board up for huge combo chains and damage. Regarding the starters, I feel both the final forms of Lil Green and Black Dragons are better than the starters. Their skills do 20K damage right from the start of evolution, while the starter need to level up to do decent damage. And the damage reduction leader skills are much more useful than the 2x ATK of the starters, especially since the 2.5x ATK of ADK trumps it. Another dragon you might consider is Fortoytops, the toy green dragon that changes blue orbs to heal orbs.

Any place to grind for chaos dragon knights or basilisk.

Its the last piece of my dark/dragon party.
Currently, dark Mystic Knights make a rare appearance in the Sky Dragon of Darkness dungeon on Expert or Master. As for the Basilisk, the wiki says it's only available via the rare machine.

ccbfan

Lol

Did one twin temple Diana randomly because of the 1.5 drop and maybe get a succubus

No succubus but got 4 high metal dragons in that one run.

That better than 20 runs combined of metal dragon dungeons.

Lol

Did one twin temple Diana randomly because of the 1.5 drop and maybe get a succubus

No succubus but got 4 high metal dragons in that one run.

That better than 20 runs combined of metal dragon dungeons.
I've come to the conclusion that Metal Dragon dungeon runs are pointless, especially once you unlock the technical dungeons and thus Pengdras. The 3 color and Gold Dragons are far more worth your stamina. It's no wonder the Metal Dragon dungeons appear the most frequently.

I disagree; this team's gotten me all the way to Tomb of the Saint Expert and Castle of Satan in the Abyss:
zOXSAbgl.png

I'll probably sub in Angel once she evolves to Archangel. What's important isn't that I'm running four colors, but that each team member (asides from the dubmythlit lol) plays some kind of important role in the team.

Once we get the Egyptian God update, four color teams become mandatory due to Horus' leader skill, but that's another bridge to cross.

Err, I'm confused. What is Tomb of the Saints "Expert" and Castle of Satan "in the Abyss"? Tomb of the Saints isn't a Special Dungeon, and what is the Abyss?

Humm, all of the tier 4 dungeons have 1.5% drop rate for the next day. Anything in particular I should be farming? What is the good stuff there? I've cleared all of Tower of Flare / Polar Night Tower, and the first level of Tower of Nature

Humm, all of the tier 4 dungeons have 1.5% drop rate for the next day. Anything in particular I should be farming? What is the good stuff there? I've cleared all of Tower of Flare / Polar Night Tower, and the first level of Tower of Nature
4F Tower of Flare for Naga/Cupid
4F Polar Night Tower for Mermaid/Succubus
4F Tower of Nature for Naga/Dryad (I got a Naga. Yay!)

oipic

Whoops, completely forgot about the lvl 20 shared bonus.

Yep, likewise - completely passed me by (I'm in the mid-thirties now) - if there's anyone else up for this level 20 present switcheroo thing, my ID is 345,336,288. Cheers!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
That's a pretty powerful setup. Looking good. With dual Chaos and Ancient Dragon Knights you really set the board up for huge combo chains and damage. Regarding the starters, I feel both the final forms of Lil Green and Black Dragons are better than the starters. Their skills do 20K damage right from the start of evolution, while the starter need to level up to do decent damage. And the damage reduction leader skills are much more useful than the 2x ATK of the starters, especially since the 2.5x ATK of ADK trumps it. Another dragon you might consider is Fortoytops, the toy green dragon that changes blue orbs to heal orbs.

Hmm, I have a 4* Earth Dragon, just need to level him up. Already have the stuff to evolve him. Just evolved a Fortoytops yesterday and they're both at level one, so I'll have to decide which one I want to level and replace the starter with. Water orbs to heal orbs sounds useful but the gravi earth dragon has the potential for 600 more hp & 470 more attack. Choice seems clear for an all out damage build, thanks for the advice.

Gonna use my ADK for a short time today to try to farm some pendras quickly, since I don't need money right this moment.

J0dy77

Short answer: no.

Long answer: nooooooooo.

Even longer answer: No, at some point you are forced to rely on leader abilities such as 2x attack for all monsters of type x, which will force you to run a 1-3 colour-team to be most efficient.

At what does the "some point" your referring to kick in? I've tried running Mono teams and didn't like relying on one color for consistent damage. I have a very multi colored team that is through Flare without any problems and want to know when this is going to become a problem.

Owzers

O__O made a bad decision to use a magic stone to finish off the expert weekend dungeon boss..i was so close to killing it !

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Trying to farm pengdras to level up my Earth Dragon, level 1 to 59 so far. 70 seems so far away. I guess the Graviton Earth Dragon is what I'll replace the wood starter on my all dragon team with until I can get one from a special dungeon.

Err, I'm confused. What is Tomb of the Saints "Expert" and Castle of Satan "in the Abyss"? Tomb of the Saints isn't a Special Dungeon, and what is the Abyss?

Literally the name of the dungeon. "Tomb of the Saint -Expert-" is the fourth set of dungeons after Castle of Satan, and "Castle of Satan in the Abyss" is the sixth set of Technical Dungeons.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I hate when you have just enough stamina to run a dungeon, but need 2500 xp to level. Right on the cusp, but not much you can do about it...

Kosh

[US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 1/19/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 9:00 14:00 19:00
B: 10:00 15:00 20:00
C: 11:00 16:00 21:00
D: 12:00 17:00 22:00
E: 8:00 13:00 18:00

Gaspode_T

I am working towards getting this guy: http://www18.atwiki.jp/pazdra/pages/1378.html because his leader skill is 2.5x any balance type and that seems to fit my playing style. Taking a long time to get to L70 though...(of the previous type, which has a crappier skill)

Right now I am using some of the monsters from the Princess Punt special dungeons (don't know if this is special for Japan) and they seem to be good attackers because they are higher than average once you evolve them once...e.g. I am using this guy which has 40x attack and gets 20,000 damage: http://www18.atwiki.jp/pazdra/pages/1780.html I could not get the boss to drop and I have every other type of monster so I stopped running it... I don't even know if the boss is supposed to drop from a special dungeon

ParityBit

I tried the expert weekend dungeon and died at the end :( I wanted the 1.5 coins! Ugh. Now I am out of stamina.

This was on my good ADK account too! Man, I need to evolve my dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom