• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I can't get any of the special dungeon bosses to drop even on expert. :( Shitty luck today. Essentially invincible with my Ammy but the runs are getting old.

Gonna abuse the metal dragon dungeon to level up my Chaos Dragon Knights and Tiamat I guess.

xCobalt

I can't get any of the special dungeon bosses to drop even on expert. :( Shitty luck today. Essentially invincible with my Ammy but the runs are getting old.

Gonna abuse the metal dragon dungeon to level up my Chaos Dragon Knights and Tiamat I guess.

Yeah I just ran it twice and nothing good dropped. Will definitely keep trying though. This sort of dungeon doesn't come around very often whereas the metal dragons come every other day.

ParityBit

How did you guys get to the point of being able to run experts? I am guessing you need multiple 5* pets?

I need those gatekeepers for mine at this point. :(

xelios

Yeah I just ran it twice and nothing good dropped. Will definitely keep trying though. This sort of dungeon doesn't come around very often whereas the metal dragons come every other day.

Well yeah I'm gonna keep trying, I'll just take a break for the dragons since I wanna power up my dragon team some more. I go through stones for stamina fairly regularly, but I don't care. Not my thing to wait on stamina.

Getting to 60 stamina is nice because it lets you do 4 metal dragon dungeons, 3 colored, 2-4 special dungeons...just a nice point to reach. I have saved up 18 PAL pulls within the last 2 days if my memory serves me, crazy.

P.S. Good luck! :)

xelios

Jinko or anyone, how do you get color hybrid ogres?

You put the correct materials in Power-up Fusion (not evolve) and the fusion button will begin to flash and turn colors. If it doesn't DON'T press it. Monsters don't have to be max level for this.

2RHYIDR.png

Full (?) list.

Owzers

You put the correct materials in Power-up Fusion (not evolve) and the fusion button will begin to flash and turn colors. If it doesn't DON'T press it. Monsters don't have to be max level for this.

2RHYIDR.png

Full (?) list.

whahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh a whole new world. Is there a reason why, fi the correct materials are put in, that the bar wouldn't flash?

xCobalt

How did you guys get to the point of being able to run experts? I am guessing you need multiple 5* pets?

I need those gatekeepers for mine at this point. :(

For any high level dungeon, you need to know if you can survive the boss' attack in the first place. This is the wiki for the flame mechdragon. On expert, it'll hit for 5536 every two turns. That means you'll need to recover around 2800 every turn to keep up with it. That can be a bit difficult to manage so you'll probably need to have a monster than can reduce the damage, preferrably by 50%. It brings your required healing down to 1400 which is much easier. It you're a bit under, don't worry as there are heal orbs available in the dungeon. As long as you can survive the boss, the next step would be to improve the remainder of your team to speed the process up.

Do you have a healer or something to reduce damage? I can supply one of those if you need it. Have my volcanic dragon set as leader right now.

ccbfan

I've come to the conclusion that Metal Dragon dungeon runs are pointless, especially once you unlock the technical dungeons and thus Pengdras. The 3 color and Gold Dragons are far more worth your stamina. It's no wonder the Metal Dragon dungeons appear the most frequently.

Yup came to the same conclusion.

I started massing sapphire metal dragons and dragon plants. Ended up with 10 evolve pengdras. So four sapphire dungeon and 6 tech dudgeon ended up massing me almost half a mil exp.

This is why I don't understand how anyone can recommend under 70 slot. I have 100 now. I should have done the same thing with the ruby one a few days ago but did have enough space then. It not even like slots are expensive 25 slot is one rare pull which more likely than not is some crappy monster.

xCobalt

I've come to the conclusion that Metal Dragon dungeon runs are pointless, especially once you unlock the technical dungeons and thus Pengdras. The 3 color and Gold Dragons are far more worth your stamina. It's no wonder the Metal Dragon dungeons appear the most frequently.

I disagree. The more valuable metal dragons still provide a good amount of exp to Dark monsters. If you decide to feed them off coloured monsters, you end up losing a lot of potential exp if it was fed to the same element. It's not really an issue of stamina either as there's only one metal dragon dungeon a day.

ccbfan

I disagree. The more valuable metal dragons still provide a good amount of exp to Dark monsters. If you decide to feed them off coloured monsters, you end up losing a lot of potential exp if it was fed to the same element. It's not really an issue of stamina either as there's only one metal dragon dungeon a day.

Not if you ran 20 runs and got a total of 2 high metal dragons, 0 king metal dragons.

xelios

I was about to say there aren't any dark pengdras (are there?), so yeah. I still have darks that need feeding.

Tech dungeons to gather pengdras take stamina, Thursday dungeons to gather dragon plants take stamina, gathering colored dragons for evolution takes stamina (even if they're more of a byproduct). All that and then to feed it to a dark monster instead of one of a matching color isn't efficient at all.

xCobalt

Any tips for Tricolor Expert?

Brute force it. Run a team that will give you a bonus. For example, ADK team with all dragons or a mono colored team with 4x whatever element. Make sure to have an orb changer consistent with your team composition as well. Combos are so easy to create that the damage you'll be getting will be insane. If you're lucky you'll take down the boss in one turn.

ccbfan

That's like saying metal dragons are better because I got 60 king metal dragons in 20 runs.

You're talking about a near impossible situation which I'm talking about my situation.

Actually change that my situation is now.

21 runs and got a total of 2 high metal dragons, 0 king metal dragon

You and Xelos gave me some hope but then reality punches me in the face.

xelios

You're talking about a near impossible situation which I'm talking about my situation.

Actually change that my situation is now.

21 runs and got a total of 2 high metal dragons, 0 king metal dragon

You and Xelos gave me some hope but then reality punches me in the face.

Sorry to hear that, I just got one on my first try and third try (king) along with a high. I'm not bragging about it, just saying sometimes the bad luck streak hits you and it does bring you down, but it really is random. :( Kind of like the guy who rolled 250 magic stones worth of gacha and didn't get anything near worth what he spent. Other people might get the god they want on the first roll. Hope things get better for you, or you may decide to do the pengdra route I guess.

ccbfan

Woah Tower of Giants is on half stamina.

Dragons of the Tower stage have one of the highest exp per stamina in the game. Especially at such a low level.

I routinely get 1400 - 1500 per run.

Perfect for anyone trying to level or if someone needs that added push to level and get an extra full series of stamina.

xelios

Woah Tower of Giants is on half stamina.

Dragons of the Tower stage have one of the highest exp per stamina in the game. Especially at such a low level.

I routinely get 1400 - 1500 per run.

Perfect for anyone trying to level or if someone needs that added push to level and get an extra full series of stamina.

Also dragon plants can drop there!

daemissary

Meh, failed with my 30% light resistance guy. Almost took out one of them which would've meant smooth sailing but I couldn't get a heart to drop to keep my alive for that last turn.

xelios

Less than 20 runs, so I'm calling exaggeration or extremely bad luck. =p

Was tempted to get Ammy to level 95 but resisted and did some leveling on my dark dragons. So now my W/D dragon team is:
  • 85 ADK
  • 56 CDK
  • 46 CDK
  • 45 W/D Tiamat
  • 50 5* Brachys

Earth Dragon is at 59/70 and it seems to be general consensus to drop my starter dragon for him once I evolve him? Trying to get there.

Also someone earlier said Metal Dragon Dungeon was only once a day, but the schedule showed the usual three--which is it?

Palmer_v1

What should I do to improve my current team?

I have a lv 30 Valkyrie
Lv 30 Verche, Knight of the Sky
Lv 1 White Dragon
Lv 19 Topaz Carbuncle
Lv 1 Pterra (seems useless so far)
Lv 6 White Knight

plus a Lv 13 Titan(red)
lv 1 Mystic Flame Knight
Lv 1 Tyran
Lv 1 Spinon

Currently at Sea Cave Mercury and while I haven't had trouble beating dungeons so far, I still feel pretty lost on what I should be focusing on. I keep the Valkyrie as my Leader, generally, and try to take friend's good Light Healers.

Owzers

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so close, i did everything brilliantly....almost.

I died to Blade of Justice Expert despite having 8k hp, but no damage reduction, i tried to brute force with Loki, Dark Knight, bad poring, mach 2, light mach 3 and light amu healer as helper.

I got every gem but 4 to be dark for the boss fight, almost one shotted all three in one mega-boom, but i didn't, and their timer was two of them attacking after just two turns sooooooooooooooooooo i am dead.

xelios

Wow, just evolved Graviton Earth Dragon and it has 200 more ATK at level 1 than my wood starter dragon has at level 50. Time to switch out, thanks for the advice!

MicH

Wow, just evolved Graviton Earth Dragon and it has 200 more ATK at level 1 than my wood starter dragon has at level 50. Time to switch out, thanks for the advice!
Damn. I'm actually in the process of leveling up my Lil Red Sragon. So disappointed with my Firedragon Tyrannos when comparing it to my much more powerful Chaos Devil Dragon. The difference is staggering!
I have way too many "projects" at the moment. Mrtmaid, Red Dragon, Mandrake, Holy Dragon, Mystic Dark Knight... Phew. How will I ever evolve them all :p

ToxicAdam

I have a lv 30 Valkyrie
Lv 1 White Dragon
Lv 19 Topaz Carbuncle
Lv 6 White Knight

plus a Lv 13 Titan(red)
lv 1 Mystic Flame Knight
Lv 1 Tyran
Lv 1 Spinon

Currently at Sea Cave Mercury and while I haven't had trouble beating dungeons so far, I still feel pretty lost on what I should be focusing on. I keep the Valkyrie as my Leader, generally, and try to take friend's good Light Healers.

Why are you not leveling up your pets?

xelios

Man this Flame Mechdragon dungeon just doesn't want to drop anything for me.

I was about to say there aren't any dark pengdras (are there?), so yeah. I still have darks that need feeding.

Tech dungeons to gather pengdras take stamina, Thursday dungeons to gather dragon plants take stamina, gathering colored dragons for evolution takes stamina (even if they're more of a byproduct). All that and then to feed it to a dark monster instead of one of a matching color isn't efficient at all.
Only the King Metal Dragons provide more exp than the equivalent Dragon of another color. So, if you get lucky and score a bunch of Kings and Highs, great. But you'll amass a ton of small Metal Dragons, which only provide 1500 exp compared to 2000 for a tricolor Dragon. You can't sell them for much gold, and you really don't want to be using them to fuse with your high level dark monsters, because it's very inefficient. You're spending a ton of gold for only 7500 exp for a group of 5 small Metal Dragons. With the small colored Dragons you can evolve Pengdras. And with the small Gold Dragons, you can sell them for gold as well as earn a ton of gold for just completing the dungeon. Hoping to get Kings and High Metal Dragons are the only benefits of farming the Metal dungeons. You don't get a bunch of exp or gold for completing the dungeon, and you get saddled with a bunch of fairly useless small Metal Dragons. I just see it as an inefficient use of 20 stamina.

edit: If you don't mind spending eggs on stamina refills like Xelios, then it's a different story. You don't have to worry about stamina usage efficiency and the Metal Dragon Dungeon is the quickest way to level your dark monsters without having to wait to farm other colored Dragons, Plants, and Pengdras.

Jinko

I have a lv 30 Valkyrie
Lv 1 White Dragon
Lv 19 Topaz Carbuncle
Lv 6 White Knight

plus a Lv 13 Titan(red)
lv 1 Mystic Flame Knight
Lv 1 Tyran
Lv 1 Spinon

Pterra useless ?, ughh thats cause he's level one and you need him in your leader slot to be worthwhile.

xCobalt

Only the King Metal Dragons provide more exp than the equivalent Dragon of another color. So, if you get lucky and score a bunch of Kings and Highs, great. But you'll amass a ton of small Metal Dragons, which only provide 1500 exp compared to 2000 for a tricolor Dragon. You can't sell them for much gold, and you really don't want to be using them to fuse with your high level dark monsters, because it's very inefficient. You're spending a ton of gold for only 7500 exp for a group of 5 small Metal Dragons. With the small colored Dragons you can evolve Pengdras. And with the small Gold Dragons, you can sell them for gold as well as earn a ton of gold for just completing the dungeon. Hoping to get Kings and High Metal Dragons are the only benefits of farming the Metal dungeons. You don't get a bunch of exp or gold for completing the dungeon, and you get saddled with a bunch of fairly useless small Metal Dragons. I just see it as an inefficient use of 20 stamina.

Like I mentioned earlier, there's really no reason to choose one dungeon over the other since only one type of metal dragon dungeon appears each day. If two different metal dragons appeared, then sure the coloured one would be more efficient. However, in this case, efficiency doesn't really apply when we only one choice. Also, the gold dragons only appear once a month while weekend dungeons appear twice a week, so there isn't much benefit in them either. It also only costs 15 stamina to run the metal dragon dungeon.

Part of the reason I'm still using the starters is because they only require 1.5 million exp to max while the resist dragons require 4 million. The difference in stats isn't too substantial either. Also planning for the future when the starters get their ultimate evolutions.

Jinko

I did move him to leader slot already. Is there a particular one I should try to level up first?

I would concentrate on your dragons first they have pretty good atk and HP, your white dragon and Pterra should would well together especially with a ADK friend/helper.

Victric which difficultly did that drop on ?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Expert dungeons keep kicking my ass... but now that I've evoled my monsters, I know what to do. Farm Daily Colour Dragons all day!

damnit why is this game so hard. My guys hit for poop and im rank 35. I guess I have to binge the low levels for coins to upgrade my guys to be stronger :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom