• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

chrono01

Honestly, those starter dragons are nothing special. You can get all of them through special dungeons.
Even still, being early on I could benefit from them considering they're relatively easy to evolve and I'm finding it somewhat difficult to find permanent members for my team [at least for a while], outside of Kirin and my starter [Tyrra].

But yes, I imagine they might lose their use later on, but for now I appreciate them. >:)

I am madly stuffing my friends list with whatever I can find on @PG and the friend finder on PDX. I am hoping to sprint through some insane ranks this weekend with the dungeon XP, hope the friends list can keep up.

I'll have a constantly refreshed Isis (well, as long as I'm not sleeping, and since I am on call this weekend that isn't going to be often) all weekend . 3660472243, no one identifying with @PG or GAF denied (of course).

chrono01

Not even 2M, lol
Well that's unfortunate. :(

I am madly stuffing my friends list with whatever I can find on @PG and the friend finder on PDX. I am hoping to sprint through some insane ranks this weekend with the dungeon XP, hope the friends list can keep up.

I'll have a constantly refreshed Isis (well, as long as I'm not sleeping, and since I am on call this weekend that isn't going to be often) all weekend . 3660472243, no one identifying with @PG or GAF denied (of course).
Thanks again for the Present, it means a lot. :)

Almost everyone I see these days is @PG or @PF. Only @GAF gets the auto-add now.

chrono01

Yeah, I'm a really low rank [just under 30] since I've recently started, but I'm really going to take advantage of this half-stamina weekend. It's good gold, too.

NineH

sent you a friend request, although you put an extra 2 there. I had to find the guy who had an isis as there were some funky leaders that I found. hope to run weekend dungeon as much as possible with isis as well. My ID is 342,144,204 if anyone wants an isis this weekend also.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I didn't get to play much yesterday because I had to take my PE Exam (so fucking glad that's over...Now to wait 2 months to see if I passed). I did, however, get enough runs in to take my second Echidna to 1 away from max skill. I don't know why I want 2 max skill Echidnas, but I do. The nice thing is that the second one doesn't seem like as much of a bitch, but I think that's because I don't NEED a second one. Having one max skilled is SO clutch.

Now about Dios...I'm thinking of running my Kirin team now. As long as I don't get orb screwed on round 1, I may be able to do it. Otherwise, it's going to be mega farming the weekend dungeon for ranks.

Zero_IYAD

Oh! A fellow intern?
Good to see someone in the medical field too :>
Added, am running a Blue Noel -tho your code has an extra '2'-
My ID is 342,144,204 if anyone wants an isis this weekend also.
Added too : )

Edit: Am also running a Commerce Deity Hermes
If you want me to switch to the Blue Noel let me know.

Ur team destroys the weekend dungeon. Running with Ur/Is/Chaos Blizzard Dragon/ Green Demon

More people need to put up Ur.....

Might try Dios a little later, could use a skillup or two.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ur team destroys the weekend dungeon. Running with Ur/Is/Chaos Blizzard Dragon/ Green Demon

More people need to put up Ur.....

Might try Dios a little later, could use a skillup or two.

I've been pumping my Ur. 3x Devil team is much stronger than I expected. It's like a healer team with HP. <3

Ducarmel

Using the standard mono red team but with firedragon grand tyrannos as leader for weekend dungeon.

I could use other mono red leaders friends, 368,865,267.

Anybody else yells out ONE TRUE GOD when they make 10+ combo.

J0dy77

Trying to find mono friends these days for weekend dungeon is tough. Going to have to try devil teams since most of my friends list are isis or Valk.

Does anyone know if the pal pulls caps at 50 stored? I haven't gone up in a day or so, may need to burn a few before the jewel dragons show up.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Using the standard mono red team but with firedragon grand tyrannos as leader for weekend dungeon.

I yell YOLO when I trigger him. Makes me feel like a boss.

Have ares, hours, shiva and a few other red lead, but mostly i use ares..
Evolving him next week btw

coy

Trying to find mono friends these days for weekend dungeon is tough. Going to have to try devil teams since most of my friends list are isis or Valk.

Does anyone know if the pal pulls caps at 50 stored? I haven't gone up in a day or so, may need to burn a few before the jewel dragons show up.

I believe 50 is still the limit. I hit 50 not too long ago and it said something to the effect of 10000 Pal Points out of 10000 so I burned a few pulls. Also, Hera-Ur has gotten me tons of Pal points today so I'd field her. Plus, it truly is quick work.

As someone who is about lvl 22-ish, reading most of these posts makes me amazed just how far the game scales upwards from my respectively lowly team. Looks like I got a lot of work ahead of me.

J0dy77

I believe 50 is still the limit. I hit 50 not too long ago and it said something to the effect of 10000 Pal Points out of 10000 so I burned a few pulls. Also, Hera-Ur has gotten me tons of Pal points today so I'd field her. Plus, it truly is quick work.

Yup, did exactly this. I burned 10 hoping for a Dub and got one, really need them after reversing Neptune. I've been running a Hera-UR team with IS, Neptune, Red/Green Max Ogre and Echidna for safety. I don't think I've charged Hera-UR skill once.

Have ares, hours, shiva and a few other red lead, but mostly i use ares..
Evolving him next week btw

I don't know if I have either of you, but someone i emailed from GAF also said he had a Max level shiva, was that you? I could use him now, actually. I beat the CoC just now with a Shiva player.at level 70.

Add m at 355,360,234. Still can't find an uriel or snowglobe red dragon. UGH!

I don't know if I have either of you, but someone i emailed from GAF also said he had a Max level shiva, was that you? I could use him now, actually. I beat the CoC just now with a Shiva player.at level 70.

Add m at 355,360,234. Still can't find an uriel or snowglobe red dragon. UGH!

I think that was me and I just put him up.

I also just finished a Zeus-Dios attempt with Horus/Horus. I managed to take down Highlander right away, but I wasn't getting enough heart orbs to stall for ten turns. I'm thinking of going back in with a Ra team and just trying to blitz it. Has anyone tries Ra yet? Do I still need to stall for Echidna?

Maxim726X

Relatively new to the game, but I noticed that the Metal Dragon shits was unlocked for a very limited time, so I've gone through 2 runs.

Got a lot of Metal Dragons and a few King Metal Dragons. What do I do with them?

Relatively new to the game, but I noticed that the Metal Dragon shits was unlocked for a very limited time, so I've gone through 2 runs.

Got a lot of Metal Dragons and a few King Metal Dragons. What do I do with them?

Those are for experience. Feed them to a monster you want to gain levels.

If you feed those to the same color ( i believe metal dragon is Dark ) it will give more experience then if you feed the Metal to say, a Red monster.

I think that was me and I just put him up.

I also just finished a Zeus-Dios attempt with Horus/Horus. I managed to take down Highlander right away, but I wasn't getting enough heart orbs to stall for ten turns. I'm thinking of going back in with a Ra team and just trying to blitz it. Has anyone tries Ra yet? Do I still need to stall for Echidna?

Just used someone with a +100 max shiva. Saved my bacon a couple times. Ares just doesn't have the recovery for a no stone on master.

Anyways, done with master and i have a CoC Healer for my Valk team. thanks guys!

Those are for experience. Feed them to a monster you want to gain levels.

If you feed those to the same color ( i believe metal dragon is Dark ) it will give more experience then if you feed the Metal to say, a Red monster.

Metals are worth feeding to other colors and light if you don't have any dark monsters. You're new, so your priority is getting your team leader levels, and unless he's maxed out in levels you should almost certainly feed him/her.

Maxim726X

Metals are worth feeding to other colors and light if you don't have any dark monsters. You're new, so your priority is getting your team leader levels, and unless he's maxed out in levels you should almost certainly feed him/her.

So my main is maxed out as far as I can get him to this point (Firedragon Tryannos) and now I'm working on leveling the light dragon I got, and I've been doing multiple runs of the Green Dragon dungeon for levels where I got both kinds of green dragons (leveling up the starter Green now).

How do I get Pendagras? I see that the metal dragons can be used to turn the purple ones into their evolved form which I presume is worth a lot more exp?

Are these Clash of Clans characters worth investing any stamina and exp into?

guys here told me CoC Healer was great for a Valk team (until Angelion gets healer subtype , but i don't have one anyways).and that the archer is good for a mono-red team. so i got both of them. i also have the CoC dragon who looks pretty sweet. 50X of one of your attacks. not too shabby.

bjork

I need to really sit down and read up on all the lingo and terminology. Half the posts in here are completely lost on me still, sadly. :p

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I need to really sit down and read up on all the lingo and terminology. Half the posts in here are completely lost on me still, sadly. :p

I really really really need to work on the OP terminology guide. Maybe I'll do that here in a few minutes - finally get it done!

For the record, CoC guys are decent. But really, it's important to skill them in order to have a really strong place on a team.

bjork

I'm around day 60, but I've just been keeping one of each color in my lineup. I got some android logo guy and looked up how to make him have the water as a secondary color, but now he costs too much to use in my team, so I'm using the green ECO girl in his place.

My leader is Enchantress of the Sea, Siren, and I guess she heals ok for other people because it seems like people use her regularly. My dark guy is Vampire Lord, but I got a Succubus this morning and I'm thinking of using her instead as she has poison. Light is holy dragon and he's kinda shitty now, but I hope he gets better the next time I evolve him. For fire I have Empress of Serpents, Echidna and she's ok, but kinda weak still. I only have her at level 19. And that's my team.

I have a few other guys, the fire ECO girl, some ECO penguin thing and a dark ECO bear or something? Just kinda slowly trying to use pengdras to level these guys up. I also have a Shardran and a Frost Demon that help when I do fire levels, but other than that it's all these masks and flowers and little dragon egg guys. I know those are for some evolutions, so I haven't sold them and they don't seem to be worth much as far as exp or coins go.

It's fun on the throne or whatever, but there's something about the leveling and team building that hasn't clicked yet with me. I'm sure it will eventually, I was late to sort out not playing it like a match-three, so.

Ashodin

I really really really need to work on the OP terminology guide. Maybe I'll do that here in a few minutes - finally get it done!

For the record, CoC guys are decent. But really, it's important to skill them in order to have a really strong place on a team.
Nic I need your Asty!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm around day 60, but I've just been keeping one of each color in my lineup. I got some android logo guy and looked up how to make him have the water as a secondary color, but now he costs too much to use in my team, so I'm using the green ECO girl in his place.

My leader is Enchantress of the Sea, Siren, and I guess she heals ok for other people because it seems like people use her regularly. My dark guy is Vampire Lord, but I got a Succubus this morning and I'm thinking of using her instead as she has poison. Light is holy dragon and he's kinda shitty now, but I hope he gets better the next time I evolve him. For fire I have Empress of Serpents, Echidna and she's ok, but kinda weak still. I only have her at level 19. And that's my team.

I have a few other guys, the fire ECO girl, some ECO penguin thing and a dark ECO bear or something? Just kinda slowly trying to use pengdras to level these guys up. I also have a Shardran and a Frost Demon that help when I do fire levels, but other than that it's all these masks and flowers and little dragon egg guys. I know those are for some evolutions, so I haven't sold them and they don't seem to be worth much as far as exp or coins go.

It's fun on the throne or whatever, but there's something about the leveling and team building that hasn't clicked yet with me. I'm sure it will eventually, I was late to sort out not playing it like a match-three, so.

For someone relatively new and not a big IAP player (like some of us
me
), ECO is actually not a bad place to grab a few unique monsters with skills that will be useful. CoC is also a great place to grab a few monsters worth using. If PEKKA ever shows up, she can be a great sub in some cases.

A few things:

Try to get all 5 starter dragons. They come from the PAL machine rarely, but they also can show up in the special dungeons. Lil' Green, Blue, Red, etc. Their final forms really aren't bad. Especially if you have an ADK.

Echidna is one of the monsters you will use forever and ever. I would honestly consider her to be the single most important sub in all of PAD. She is seriously that good. Max skilled, she's like, epic tier. Level her up a bunch. In her final form, don't bother going anymore than ~70 or so (when that day comes) until you're out of other good fire monsters to level...Her stat line drops off hard.

Shardran eventually turns into Megalodran. He's not incredible, but he's quite good. There are some dungeons where people really want him as a lead for his damage reductions.

That Android guy is clutch for certain dungeons - his def break ability is almost necessary for masks and sprites earlier on, and Super Metal Dragons almost need a def break as well. Some teams can do them without, but until you get to that point, Shiva and Droidragon are clutch.

Have you posted your box? I'm sure we can help you out.

Nic I need your Asty!

Let me finish this run of weekend and I'll toss her up!

razterik

Anybody really feel the urge to skill up flare drall? Getting all the materials suuuucks.

There is a couple of us with max skill now. It is a pain, but running a combo of Thursday dungeon and last stage of Dungeon of Fire isn't too bad. The red sprites (and seeds for Shabo) seem to drop fairly consistently on 1.5x. I had pretty great luck on skill ups, though.

bjork, feel free to post your box if you want some specific advice on anything.

Top Bottom