• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Genji

Trying to run the weekend dungeon on master as much as possible with a mono red team. Unfortunately I've spent most of my time trying to build a mono dark team so I have limited options, making this much harder than it should be. Need to make an effort to level up my secondary guys from here on out.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Trying to run the weekend dungeon on master as much as possible with a mono red team. Unfortunately I've spent most of my time trying to build a mono dark team so I have limited options, making this much harder than it should be. Need to make an effort to level up my secondary guys from here on out.

It's smart to focus on a light/dark mono and a colored mono. From there, it's good to build a rainbow team (for Horus/Isis/Ra/Kirin). Once you've covered those three major teams, you're probably at the point you can start building weird teams...Devil, healer, balance, counter, dragon, etc.

Of course, if you don't have a leader to build a rainbow or specialty team, you may as well build a second mono color.

Genji

It's smart to focus on a light/dark mono and a colored mono. From there, it's good to build a rainbow team (for Horus/Isis/Ra/Kirin). Once you've covered those three major teams, you're probably at the point you can start building weird teams...Devil, healer, balance, counter, dragon, etc.

Of course, if you don't have a leader to build a rainbow or specialty team, you may as well build a second mono color.

I've got an evolved Lucifer and evolved Horus so have been building a rainbow team as my secondary that gets very limited use (just easier to roll with Lucifer at this point as my orb matching skills still need a lot of work), but will swap over to building up my mono red over the rainbow team. Thanks for the advice!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've got an evolved Lucifer and evolved Horus so have been building a rainbow team as my secondary that gets very limited use (just easier to roll with Lucifer at this point as my orb matching skills still need a lot of work), but will swap over to building up my mono red over the rainbow team. Thanks for the advice!

Oh you have Luci? Yeah, you're good, haha. He's such a stupid good leader...

ten ranks down so far. just watching dota 2 on twitch and moving orbs , isis and skyfall do the rest.

pretty relaxing saturday , if a bit dull

Today is not my day for Dios. Went in with a Ra team and the orbs weren't there, so I immediately got bound and killed. Not sure if I feel like refilling and trying again. I was really hoping to pick up two or three for future awakenings, but at the moment a zero stone run seems unlikely.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I need help and advice. I want to do the two heroes dungeon that's coming up in a few days but I have no idea if I'll be ready.. Any tips? Here is my monster box, I favourited any monsters worth anything. I hear dark Neptune is useful for this dungeon so I have that covered at least.
8GXxgvE.jpg

Zero_IYAD

This event is THE BEST we ever had!
The 1/2 stamina thingy is amazing!
Been a good day for me:
-Max levelled my D/L Hades.
-Got my 9th Tamadra, so I ended up with a fully awoken Siren, Hades & Lucifer.
-Am up to rank 160 with 96 stamina.

At which rank do I hit 100 stamina? It's my ultimate goal this event :>

J0dy77

ten ranks down so far. just watching dota 2 on twitch and moving orbs , isis and skyfall do the rest.

pretty relaxing saturday , if a bit dull

I've been doing the same watching college football. 3 million coins and almost my second level today. I keep running out if Hera-Ur friends though, let's refresh people. :)

razterik

I need help and advice. I want to do the two heroes dungeon that's coming up in a few days but I have no idea if I'll be ready.. Any tips? Here is my monster box, I favourited any monsters worth anything. I hear dark Neptune is useful for this dungeon so I have that covered at least.

Classic resist team with Neptune would probably need two rainbow keepers for HP and defense, but you are short on team cost. You might need an Echidna as well. Don't think you can run this yet. Most of these descends are for after you have cleared a lot of the normal content unless you have gotten some of the best pulls from the REM.

Radav

I've been doing the same watching college football. 3 million coins and almost my second level today. I keep running out if Hera-Ur friends though, let's refresh people. :)

Yeah, I've ranked up 3 times today but, have run out of leaders I can use to run the damn thing. lol

Looks like Pengdra village tomorrow! So happy it's not on a Thursday for once.

Zero_IYAD

167. Then *67 for every 50 stamina after.
Great!
I managed to move from rank 155 to rank 161 today!
Reaching rank 167 would be tomorrow's goal :>

& a big thanks to the great friends! Lots of Isis/Hermes/Gabriel friends made this extremely easy today.
Plus, cashing all these coins is amazing, I can't believe I hit 3000 coins last night! Am up to 4 million & a half now.. So by tomorrow am probably gonna hit 8 million coins : )

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Classic resist team with Neptune would probably need two rainbow keepers for HP and defense, but you are short on team cost. You might need an Echidna as well. Don't think you can run this yet. Most of these descends are for after you have cleared a lot of the normal content unless you have gotten some of the best pulls from the REM.

My plan was to do the weekend dungeon all weekend to bump up team cost. Let's say I somehow do that and get my two rainbow keepers in, do I stand a chance?

razterik

If you can chain rank up to 90 for 103 team cost, you can run something like Neptune/RK/RK/Siren/Plesios/high rank Lucifer friend. The first floor will be tough if you get the wrong color devils, but with judicious skill use, you should be able to clear with this team.

Jagernaut

I just started a Zeus-Dios run with a Horus/Echidna/ERE Siegfried/Wolf King Cu Chulain/Rose Valkyrie/Horus team and killed Highlander on the first turn. I want to have Echidna charged for Zeus Dios, so should I let Berserk fire bind me for 10 turns?

Edit. I was bound and then died because I couldn't heal enough. I will continue.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So against my better judgement, Zeus-Dios is down. I kept thinking about if I thought I could do it or not. I figured a Kirin team could do it without much problem...And yes, Kirin makes killing anything in there trivial. My team: Kirin/Kirin + Valk/Verche/Hera-Is/Echidna

Fuck that dungeon man. Like I stated, nothing is hard to kill in any way. Kirin/Kirin hits like a fucking semi. Ra/Ra is obviously in the same boat, but he's just slightly harder to trigger. But anyways, killing anything in that dungeon was easy.

But gawd DAMN the skill charging phase.

I spent 3 stones and got 1 back, so a net loss of 2 stones
as explained below, this should have been a 4 stone run, but I got lucky
. That's fine, since I was willing to throw 5 stones at that dungeon. I spent 2 charging during the first round. It's so hard to heal back the 14k damage from Berserk every 2 turns. You wouldn't think so, but it is...Especially when you need to clear orbs to cycle AND not trigger Kirin. This is the stage you NEED to charge on because you have that extra turn.

Griffin and Archangel were easy. I actually didn't bother stalling an additional turn on Griffin like I could have. Archangel was easy and I just had to take one hit. Hera was...Odd. This is where my 3rd stone was spent. Her preemptive is sort of dumb at only 5k damage. I still needed to charge 4 turns of Hera-Is, so I knew this was going to cost a stone.

I was able to heal up after one hit, but I accidentally triggered Kirin on the next. Thankfully she cast jammers, but she jammed light and fire, so it would have been impossible to trigger Kirin without luck. So my health was full and Hera-Is was 2 turns away. I was able to trigger Kirin, but only a 4 combo, which put her into double-slap health. Of course, she bitch slapped me and I died. Without a LOT of plus eggs, I feel like it's tough to get a Kirin team above 20k HP. One more turn for Hera-Is but the board was lacking a color to trigger Kirin. I figured I would die again here, but I got CRAZY lucky and she only did her regular attack. I was able to trigger Kirin the next turn (it ended up being a #onetruegod combo of 15, too). Bitch was dead.

Dios was easy, but I totally didn't expect his preemptive to hit for 14k (I forgot to look at his on PDX). Thankfully my previous combo put me back to full, so it wasn't really an issue. I just cast Echidna, Hera-Is/Kirin/Kirin, and wrecked shop.

My takeaway from Zeus-Dios:

• Charge skills on round 1
  • This dungeon is dumb
  • Kirin is epic tier
  • I need max skill gravity

I just started a Zeus-Dios run with a Horus/Echidna/ERE Siegfried/Wolf King Cu Chulain/Rose Valkyrie/Horus team and killed Highlander on the first turn. I want to have Echidna charged for Zeus Dios, so should I let Berserk fire bind me for 10 turns?

Yes, ha. My post basically explains why. You will have a BITCH of a time healing on any other round.

E: And if you're willing to spend any stones in this dungeon, floor 1 is, contrary to most other Descended dungeons, the best place to use them.

I'm in the middle of a Dios run now. I didn't bring gravity but I had to charge Orochi. Luckily I managed to outheal Siegfried with no stones spent and I'm on pace to have Orochi charged in time. Hopefully I don't choke with 6 turns to kill the big man. My team is literally half fire, so hopefully he goes down easy...

Edit: Success! This dungeon is a pain though. The stalling portion sucks, and then you have not a lot of turns to take down a lot of HP, particularly without gravity. Definitely the hardest Descended dungeon at the moment in my opinion.

Jagernaut

Failed on Zeus Dios, without gravity my combos were not big enough to damage him fast enough so I gave up. Will try again in the future with a team with 2 gravities.

xCobalt

I'm really loving this 1/2 weekend dungeons. I'm at rank 197 and using my entire stamina bar, I can get really close to leveling up.

Skye

After this weekend, I never want to run weekend dungeon ever again. I guess with all of this money, I won't have to, but man is this ever so boring...

So I just managed to get Zeus, which was surprisingly easy.

Had crazy cascades at round 2 and 3 so I had to "stall" at 4 which cost me a stone, got to Zeus at turn 17 just as Dumpty was ready but still had ways to go for any gravity(26 turns). Used Echidna and then popped Dumpty and first Haku, which got Zeus to about 50%, used the second Haku and it was over.

Used this team, helper was a 96 Haku +156
HwBJNVy.jpg

Fuck! Just went into Zeus with my pengdra village speed team. I actually managed to almost kill one chimera before I died. Still, waste of 50 stam.

So I just managed to get Zeus, which was surprisingly easy.

Had crazy cascades at round 2 and 3 so I had to "stall" at 4 which cost me a stone, got to Zeus at turn 17 just as Dumpty was ready but still had ways to go for any gravity(26 turns). Used Echidna and then popped Dumpty and first Haku, which got Zeus to about 50%, used the second Haku and it was over.

Used this team, helper was a 96 Haku +156
HwBJNVy.jpg
Hmm I'm thinking of trying a similar team. My Dumpty is nowhere near ready yet, so I could use Hera Ur. Still not sure how I'm going to tackle this dungeon. I really don't want to spend stones.

J0dy77

Can't... run.... weekend.... dungeon... anymore! lol

Up 8 million coins, I'm charging up right before a level for Pengdra time.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I just realized Pengdra Village is going on right now. I'll have to wait until the next one because I just don't have time to grind it out. Not to mention, my box is a mess again, ha.

Limit

Got 2 Tamadras with 30 pal egg pulls. And with that My Green Odin is fully awakened. Now I only need to find a team to put him in...

I feel I have gotten out of my system the desire to feed Tamadras to monsters with best awakening skills. From now on I am just going to awaken monsters who I use the most. So Echidna is now the top priority despite how mediocre her awakenings are.

Had some time on my hands and was tired of having to go back to the Monster Book all the time http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monsterbook.asp

So went ahead and wrote up a word document listing what monsters in my box are ready for evolution, which ones have Ultimate Evo's available, etc. Then broke down what each monster will need to Evo to the next step, and then broke down what materials I need and how many I have of each lol.

So now I know exactly what I need to evolve each of my characters. Very handy! For example I need to Evolve Artemis and know I need just 1 Mystic Mask to do it. But I need 6 Mystic Masks overall to be able to evolve everyone, so need 5 more. Etc. etc.

Gryps Rider, Earth Dragon, Earth Guardian, Mandrake, Fairlion, Dark Golem MK.II all have what they need to Evolve. Earth Guardian won't need a Mask or a Dub-Mythlit so he is def. next in line!

I love organization.

Asturie

Was my Isis able to help you out?

linsivvi

Had some time on my hands and was tired of having to go back to the Monster Book all the time http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monsterbook.asp

So went ahead and wrote up a word document listing what monsters in my box are ready for evolution, which ones have Ultimate Evo's available, etc. Then broke down what each monster will need to Evo to the next step, and then broke down what materials I need and how many I have of each lol.

So now I know exactly what I need to evolve each of my characters. Very handy! For example I need to Evolve Artemis and know I need just 1 Mystic Mask to do it. But I need 6 Mystic Masks overall to be able to evolve everyone, so need 5 more. Etc. etc.

Gryps Rider, Earth Dragon, Earth Guardian, Mandrake, Fairlion, Dark Golem MK.II all have what they need to Evolve. Earth Guardian won't need a Mask or a Dub-Mythlit so he is def. next in line!

I love organization.

Or you could use PADherder!

suko_32

Going to echo what others have said, the 1/2 stamina dungeon is pretty amazing for exp & money.

Hopefully they'll announce a godfest soon. I'd like to pull on my other account.

Taking a break from the Weekend Dungeon grind after farming up 20 million gold and nearly 30 ranks.

CoC Expert is 2x and a really good drop rate for non-evolved mobs, but I'm running it on Master for the 2 evolved drops given that the non-evolved drops have pretty absurd evo requirements (a 25 stamina keeper each, specifically). Still good drops, already up 2 skill levels of my Freyja this event.

Top Bottom