• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Nista

Depends on the status of the rest of your box and if you plan on heavily using Goemon. If you're dying for XP elsewhere it is totally not worth it (IMO).

I haven't yet made a Goemon team really, I've been mostly focusing on Horus and Astaroth teams, and leveling up my Valk from the last event.

So I should probably wait until the next time Goemon comes around, since my box is pretty full with other skill up monsters that needs evolving and feeding off as is. :)

J0dy77

When Nico linked my post to the front page for Zues-D it got me thinking about more in depth guides. Figured we could highlight some in the thread. Since Goemon went well this afternoon here goes:

Goemon Mythical Guide

Here's the team. Hera-IS, Viper and Echidna were max level, Siren was and Hermes were both 73. 4408 Water Attack and 2223 RCV. The recovery was by far the most important part of the team and why i chose Hera-IS over Max skill and level Seigfreid.
Lrxkz6Zl.png

Round 1

I was lucky to pull 5 water orbs on the board and did a mass attack. Having 3 green ninjas was a good thing since it gave me plenty of time to stall while chipping away at them. Had Hera about 1/2 charged when I moved on:
uzPgTlcl.png

Round 2 and 3:

You're going to have 2 high and 2 low ninjas in round 2 and 4 high ninjas in round 3. Target any fire first to wipe them out and heal/tank until you have all active skills charged for Mitsumi. Also, makes sure you keep an eye on any ninjas that charge to 3x attack. I chipped away at all of them to make sure I didn't take a big hit. Use echidna if you have to. Having such High HP and recovery makes the 3x attack the only threat.

Round 4:

Don't be a dummy like me and use Echidna delay thinking you can burn her before lockout. Let her attack on round 1 and lock out your blue team. Use Echidna's delay and let everyone recover from bind and chip away. She's really easy until the Flaming tail attack starts for 14k damage. Try and finish her off with all skills available.
t27zSRQl.png

Round 5 Goemon:

I got extremely lucky here due to my RCV. I used echidna before "What a Great View" skill which was another big mistake. This locked out Hermes, viper and Hera bringing me in the 20,000 HP range. I had to tank through 3 rounds of 17k damage, one round brought me down to 600 hp, shown in the screenshot. After recovering from bind it was just matching hearts and cascading skills. For the skill order use siren first on 5 CD, then Echidna, then Viper and Gabriel for extra hearts. I try not to use Viper/Gabriel unless I really have no other option. Once he gets under 25% he's going to start hitting a lot harder. I saved Hermes and the second gravity to burst through, pop viper and echidna and it's over.
fHLLe2Fl.png

One big tip for healing is to make sure you don't waste heart orbs. If you only have 3 on the board and are close to full you're better off tanking an extra round and waiting for six hearts. Matching two or three separate sets of hearts heals a lot more than 3 by itself or 5 as one match.

Good Luck! (Both Goemon's today gave me skillups, was a good day).

razterik

Say what you want about jumping the shark but that shit is awesome. I love Batman, I'd rather have these types of mobs popping in the game over the crap collabs we've had (I'm looking at your clash of clans).

I don't have any problem with this either. It's the American equivalent of the EVA collaboration, really. I would just rather they gave everything worse skills/abilities or made them rare drops than lock new mobs behind another special REM.

J0dy77

I don't have any problem with this either. It's the American equivalent of the EVA collaboration, really. I would just rather they gave everything worse skills/abilities or made them rare drops than lock new mobs behind another special REM.

Are the batman mobs going to be farmable or we don't anything outside of the artwork?

Are the batman mobs going to be farmable or we don't anything outside of the artwork?
If it works like all the other unique Gacha collabs go, all the Batman REM mobs are unique to it (and still costs $5 a roll) and will contain "heroes" while the collab dungeon will have the "villains" which range from monsters with unique actives (properly named bosses and invades the Joker), generic trash mobs that are skillup fodder, and/or Evo materials for both the dungeon and REM mobs.

Ashodin

If it works like all the other unique Gacha collabs go, all the Batman REM mobs are unique to it (and still costs $5 a roll) and will contain "heroes" while the collab dungeon will have the "villains" which range from monsters with unique actives (properly named bosses and invades the Joker), generic trash mobs that are skillup fodder, and/or Evo materials for both the dungeon and REM mobs.

Not gonna lie, I want all the batmen.

Genji

When Nico linked my post to the front page for Zues-D it got me thinking about more in depth guides. Figured we could highlight some in the thread. Since Goemon went well this afternoon here goes:

Goemon Mythical Guide

Nicely done (as is the OP), look forward to more of these!

I don't care what his skills or stats are, Batman is going to be my mainstay leader forever, unless they ever do a Superman collab.

Also, this happened today: So, I was at a meeting with a client, and I told him that I play Puzzle & Dragons. Then the conversation went like this:

Client: I play Puzzle & Dragons, too! I'm rank 245.
Me: Oh, wow. I'm rank 217 or something, I think.

Then we started to talk about the new ultimates for the Greek gods and how he's trying to see if they're up in the JP version, and then we traded friend codes. Crazy.

J0dy77

appropriate pic

LOL

I don't care what his skills or stats are, Batman is going to be my mainstay leader forever, unless they ever do a Superman collab.

Also, this happened today: So, I was at a meeting with a client, and I told him that I play Puzzle & Dragons. Then the conversation went like this:

Client: I play Puzzle & Dragons, too! I'm rank 245.
Me: Oh, wow. I'm rank 217 or something, I think.

Then we started to talk about the new ultimates for the Greek gods and how he's trying to see if they're up in the JP version, and then we traded friend codes. Crazy.

That's awesome. I can't find anyone who plays.

Radav

So, after three days of just running Sea God of Heaven and Goddes of the Harvest I'm up to 21 +eggs. I'm ashamed to admit I've seen 3 and lost them because I failed the level. The perils of running a spike damage team I guess. If I can keep this up till the end of the even I'll be pretty happy. Is anyone else farming for +eggs? Just curious how you're doing if so.

So, after three days of just running Sea God of Heaven and Goddes of the Harvest I'm up to 21 +eggs. I'm ashamed to admit I've seen 3 and lost them because I failed the level. The perils of running a spike damage team I guess. If I can keep this up till the end of the even I'll be pretty happy. Is anyone else farming for +eggs? Just curious how you're doing if so.

I spent about 2 months this summer farming for +eggs, but by the time I finished off my first +297 I was pretty bored by it. So in spite of the awesome opportunity provided by the boosted drop rate, I'm pretty much just running descended dungeons this event to pick up monsters for future awakenings.

Pacman2k

I'm right on par with you. Gotten 22 eggs, dropped directly into my Horus (who finally hit max level thanks to those super kings yesterday :D )

That's awesome. I can't find anyone who plays.
The crazy thing is that that when that guy took out his phone, the game was already on, but on the JP version. Then he was all like, "I'm super weak in the US one." So I get his friend request...and he's rank 142, with a max level Awoken Odin who has a ton of +Eggs and 3 awakenings on him as his leader.

Methinks he will pass me up on that account soon enough.

chrono01

So I just learned of the gift feature of the game [I just started a few days ago]. Is there anyone here that still has it available that wouldn't mind "trading" with me [that way we both get two rolls on the machine]?

I'd like to get the elusive light/dark starters.

Musan

I actually just been focusing on +eggs by farming Starlight Sanctuary with my Haku team. I'm not too worried about skilling up Goemon, since I use Haku in any situation I would use Goemon. I think the only thing I'm going to focus on otherwise this event is to max awaken Satan, so I'll need to get mats and super metal dragons ready. I think 2 max awakened Satans and an awakened Loki should be fun to play around with.

Also, this allows me to save up stones for trying to get flame chaser, and maybe batman collab if it's anything like eva collab.

Lol that was my first thought. So many people want dat PAD money

I played an hour of it. If you need a 2nd addiction (and you are like most of us on US PAD accounts) you're better off with a JP PAD account, or if you need a third, then get a UK PAD account. Or play Tower of Saviors.

ZeroAKA

I never understand the appeal of these games without the puzzle element. I need some kind of challenge involved. Pressing a button and leveling up would bore the crap out of me.
After the initial hype wore out, it just makes me want Puzzle and Dragons Z on the Vita more. :(

coy

SS is proving more generous than OoH. Farming has not been a focus for me, but I remember feeling real good about the results at SS.

My light metatron + auto heal awakening is pulling in way more pal points than I expected.

just wait until they make her 80% hp instead of 100%

Gah, I hope it makes her viable. Still have yet to evolve her but would love to give her a whirl in a descended.

Well I've joined the "bad luck with Tamadras" club. I did about 20 runs today, and I didn't even see one. Pretty good luck on Kings though. Averaged almost one per run.

saichi

I played an hour of it. If you need a 2nd addiction (and you are like most of us on US PAD accounts) you're better off with a JP PAD account, or if you need a third, then get a UK PAD account. Or play Tower of Saviors.

Tower of Saviors is fun... I play it when I run out of stamina in PAD. It is certainly different.

all you guys' talk went completely over my head since I'm only ranked 56 and haven't even evolved Valkyrie or Freyr yet. Almost beat Tower of Nature and it looks like I need Odin helper to beat Hades.

On a related note, how come no love for Metatron, Baal, Thanatos or Indra?

On a related note, how come no love for Metatron, Baal, Thanatos or Indra?
As a starter or as team filler? Light Metatron might be good but isn't proven for descendeds (and will get a buff in 6.1), Dark Metatron is great but is rare and is in the "whale tier" of monsters. Baal is a 2.5xATK in a meta where 3x is the baseline. Thanatos looks cool but has super narrow active and lease skills. Indra... I don't know why he isn't used for his active skill but the issue with his leader skill is the scarcity of associated Vritra friends and splashability of his skill.

NineH

That feeling when you max skill a monster, in this case, Parvati. Now I just gotta wait for those Artemis skill ups...

I also have those feels concerning max skilling Parvati. Now I have 40ish shabos left, I guess I'll try to max fortoytops too but all those dragon seeds. I never thought I would be happy getting 3 seeds in a thursday run.

raiot

I just when wanted to complain that i had done 40 Metal dungeon runs, 6 Tamadra appearance but not a single drop I see that the Metal dungeon is open and has 5 minutes left.
Ok, I can do this!

3 Runs later I have:

4 Kings
3 Highs
1 Tamadra! :D

My Dark Metatron Team is getting pretty buff! :D
sSaKgZD.png

Edit:

Wow, just did Ancient Light Dragon with this team, i just switched Kagetsuchi for my lvl 38 Satan.

I obliterated the dungeon... didnt even have to use any orb switching skill. The 4.9 Mill HP went down in a single 3x3 Dark orb match 9x cascade... this is ridiculous.

Colby

I'm still not sure where to put 297 +eggs. Horus? Valk? Echidna? Zeus, after his ulti evolve? I was thinking that with the challenge thing, where you can only use friends to build your team, a +297 max skill Echidna would be in huge demand. Plus, it would just be a great monster to have because of its amazing utility. And I suppose that if I wanted to put the eggs on another monster down the road, it would be easy enough to raise another Echidna. But then again, getting another max skill Echidna would be...ugh.

I'm torn, fellas! Help me out!

J0dy77

I'm still not sure where to put 297 +eggs. Horus? Valk? Echidna? Zeus, after his ulti evolve? I was thinking that with the challenge thing, where you can only use friends to build your team, a +297 max skill Echidna would be in huge demand. Plus, it would just be a great monster to have because of its amazing utility. And I suppose that if I wanted to put the eggs on another monster down the road, it would be easy enough to raise another Echidna. But then again, getting another max skill Echidna would be...ugh.

I'm torn, fellas! Help me out!

I was putting all my eggs on a Horus and stopped abruptly around 155. I've been putting most in echidna is and some on Valk. I think you're better off spreading them out to mobs you'll use on multiple teams. Horus may be passed by one day and is limited as a sub (Hera-Ur takes his spot). But you'll almost always us echidna and Valk on a Horus team so you get the egg benefit anyway. Spreading them out saves you some coin, makes multiple teams stronger and gives you the same total in the end depending on where you put them.

razterik

Valk goes on on all those teams, same as Echidna. But you can and should lead with her so you can get some good PAL points. Using the + eggs on the monster you will use often as both a lead and sub makes the most sense.

Spreading eggs can cause you to lose some bonus when you have to drop one of them from a team and can harm your damage output when you need to crack defense or are relying on certain colors for burst.

razterik

I actually just been focusing on +eggs by farming Starlight Sanctuary with my Haku team.

What do you run for this? I think I have all the tools I might need for it, but haven't gotten around to trying it yet since I've been farming for skill ups lately. Any tips?

Goroh

Questions:
1) Skill ups are retained between evolutions, right?
2) If i have more than one monster to feed for the same skill ups, what is the best way? Feed one at a time?

raiot

Questions:
1) Skill ups are retained between evolutions, right?
2) If i have more than one monster to feed for the same skill ups, what is the best way? Feed one at a time?

1) If the skill name is the same, skill ups are retained. Some Monsters change skills tho! (Starter Dragons)

2) It doesn't matter. If you feed 5 monsters you could get anything from 0 and 5 skillups.
Every single monster included in the feed has a 20% chance for a skillup (on 2x events)

razterik

Drall went 5/12 to max today. Crazy. Guess I will throw the other 30 at Salamander and see what happens. That'll be a long term project. Also got 3/9 on second Parvati. Probably will not be lucky enough to max her with the 22 Shabos left. Out of plants till next week.

Holy crap I had no idea you could Ultimate Evo a character without maxing first lmao.

Just got a Dub-Mythlit finally and will be able to evo my Artemis if I get a Mystic Mask on Wednesday.

I could Evo my Fairlion to Angelion which is tempting and might do that if I get another Dub-Mythlit today. Things are looking up! Don't have much of a light team yet, but do have an Archangel now and then the Angelion soon. So hmmm .. could build up some sort of light team.

But then i also have a Gryps Rider ready to evolve once he is leveled up, and a Vampire Lord I could possibly ultimate evo once I get a mystic mask ... and I also have that Echidna that needs attention .. good fuckin lawd. I have about 3 months worth of leveling up, skilling up and ultimate evo'ing to do lol. But once finished I should be pretty good to go I think in various different dungeons.

Man really looking at it I just need 3x Dub-Mythlits and 3x Mystic Masks to ultimate evo 3 of my characters lol. I now have a goal! Holy shit that feels good.

Top Bottom