• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Rofl, just fed 3 more nagas to my echidna and nothing. I'm at literally 15-20 nagas fed, all during 2x events, with 0 skillups.

Ducarmel

So how important it is to skill up Echhdna, I got 18 stones and was thinking about spending 3 of them to farm naga.

Debating on using the rest for the next godfest (I have no decent god monsters) or take advantage of that 1/2 stamina weekend dungeon and try to level up as much as I can.

Or should I spend all of them Naga farming.

So how important it is to skill up Echhdna, I got 18 stones and was thinking about spending 3 of them to farm naga.

Debating on using the rest for the next godfest (I have no decent god monsters) or take advantage of that 1/2 stamina weekend dungeon and try to level up as much as I can.

I would consider her the no.2 most important sub to skill up (aside from Siren). Being able to delay on a 10 turn cool down is ridiculously important, espcially in harder normal dungeons and descended dungeons.

The longer the cooldown, the longer you have to stall until her ability is charged. Sometimes, that isn't exactly easy depending on the team you are running (mostly 'glass cannon' / spike teams).

what level are you? Once you hit 100 stamina Leveling up becomes less (need more stamina to run things) and more (oh have to space out my stamina refresh so that I can get more runs in).

Do you have ANY gods? most of them can be useful to get other farmable gods. I can think of very few that are truly not a "decent god monster" (Yomi is one).

A max skilled Echidna is really nice, but truthfully the pain needed to get one is enormous. I have been working at it since the very first naga dungeon... It's rough.

If you don't have any decent god monsters, you are honestly better served saving the stones for REM rolls. Get two more freebies before the godfest, roll four times and hope for the best. If it it Chinese/Demons there will be a lot of possible descend-quality gods on the 3x chance.

Ducarmel

Thanks for the advice it seems all of you have 3 different opinions. I'm at rank 123/78 stamina. I can put together teams strong enough to do some of 5 star dungeons and I can get by on some master descends, legendary or higher I get destroyed.

J0dy77

Depending on the team you're running this is one of the most important things you can do in the game. If you ever intend to use a burst team (Horus, Kirin, Chinese gods, etc.), she should be a top priority.

Zero_IYAD

Na na na na..

batman1.jpg

chrono01

Has there been any mention of a god fest? I've got three days to 300 day login bonus and 25 stones I'm sitting on.
Apparently Japan is getting a 20-million download event that includes a Godfest among many other things. Hopefully we get it soon.

http://www.puzzleanddragonsnews.com/2013/10/25/20-million-download-event-announced-1025-114

BTW I'll mention it again. Is there anyone with the "Send Gift" feature that wouldn't mind trading me for mine [that way we each get two rolls on the Egg Machine, one for me sending it to you and vice-versa]? I figured I'd ask again before I randomly send it to someone on my Friend List.

Apparently Japan is getting a 20-million download event that includes a Godfest among many other things. Hopefully we get it soon.

http://www.puzzleanddragonsnews.com/2013/10/25/20-million-download-event-announced-1025-114

BTW I'll mention it again. Is there anyone with the "Send Gift" feature that wouldn't mind trading me for mine [that way we each get two rolls on the Egg Machine, one for me sending it to you and vice-versa]? I figured I'd ask again before I randomly send it to someone on my Friend List.
Me.
Send me a pM i'll answer later with my id (got none of my droid device at hand and my di changed when i had to restore it)

saichi

Holy crap I had no idea you could Ultimate Evo a character without maxing first lmao.

Just got a Dub-Mythlit finally and will be able to evo my Artemis if I get a Mystic Mask on Wednesday.

I could Evo my Fairlion to Angelion which is tempting and might do that if I get another Dub-Mythlit today. Things are looking up! Don't have much of a light team yet, but do have an Archangel now and then the Angelion soon. So hmmm .. could build up some sort of light team.

But then i also have a Gryps Rider ready to evolve once he is leveled up, and a Vampire Lord I could possibly ultimate evo once I get a mystic mask ... and I also have that Echidna that needs attention .. good fuckin lawd. I have about 3 months worth of leveling up, skilling up and ultimate evo'ing to do lol. But once finished I should be pretty good to go I think in various different dungeons.

Man really looking at it I just need 3x Dub-Mythlits and 3x Mystic Masks to ultimate evo 3 of my characters lol. I now have a goal! Holy shit that feels good.

sounds like you are around the same level as I am. In such case, Mystic Masks is a bitch to get.

Perfect, 35 stones is a lot of disappointment I get to look forward to. :)

the sad thing is that even if this godfest is demon/chinese, the only godfest monster I would want specific to it is Kirin. I'd rather have a dark carnival Hanzo or one of the godfest-only gods than one of the three-color chinese gods (have an Isis and Horus) , hell I'd probably take a gryps rider for an eventual dark metatron team over any of the demon gods save astaroth.

I've thrown 8 stones at friends list upgrades so far this week and am stuffing it full of Isis players for the weekend. That seemed like a better investment than anything else I could possibly be doing.

#firstworldpadproblems

If Batman collab mobs are getting their own machine, I'm now worried they're going to be pretty weak since they'll be so easy to get. Like the Healer girls from the pink machine.

max skill echidna, went 5/11 on drops and 2 skillups on the combine.

Going to farm up two more for awakenings (already have one) , but man it is nice to have this monkey off my back for months

If Batman collab mobs are getting their own machine, I'm now worried they're going to be pretty weak since they'll be so easy to get. Like the Healer girls from the pink machine.

Wasn't the original release of these monsters as promotionals much earlier in the lifecycle of the game? PAD actually has some pretty outrageous power creep going on and things that are very good even just three/four months ago aren't nearly as well regarded now.

J0dy77

I was thinking the same thing. I hope the Joker is at least worth something.

the sad thing is that even if this godfest is demon/chinese, the only godfest monster I would want specific to it is Kirin. I'd rather have a dark carnival Hanzo or one of the godfest-only gods than one of the three-color chinese gods (have an Isis and Horus) , hell I'd probably take a gryps rider for an eventual dark metatron team over any of the demon gods save astaroth.

I've thrown 8 stones at friends list upgrades so far this week and am stuffing it full of Isis players for the weekend. That seemed like a better investment than anything else I could possibly be doing.

#firstworldpadproblems

I really don't have much need for anything besides Kirin/Bastet as well. I may just sit back on the stones. I'll throw a couple at the event depending on what gods they include. I still need all of the godfest only mobs, never got any of them. I'd also like to wait for the newer mobs we don't have yet.

chrono01

Thanks for accepting my Friend Invites, GAF members! I'm pretty addicted to this so hopefully my Kirin will level at a brisk pace so I can re-pay the favor. :)

Once I get a larger Friend List I will add even more of you.

suko_32

Thanks for accepting my Friend Invites, GAF members! I'm pretty addicted to this so hopefully my Kirin will level at a brisk pace so I can re-pay the favor. :)

Once I get a larger Friend List I will add even more of you.

Oh, I thought the name looked familiar when I saw the request!

Giard

Reposting, as I'm not too sure what to do.

Should I try evolving a second Naga, or feed it to my Echidna? I'm not strong enough yet to farm the Expert difficulty for the dungeon, but I managed to get one from the Int difficulty.

Reposting, as I'm not too sure what to do.

Should I try evolving a second Naga, or feed it to my Echidna? I'm not strong enough yet to farm the Expert difficulty for the dungeon, but I managed to get one from the Int difficulty.
If your first Echidna is fully evolved you could evolve the Naga all the way then feed it. That way you get a chance to skill up and you're guaranteed an awakening. But there is no point in keeping two Echidnas if the first is not max skilled.

Giard

If your first Exhidna is fully evolved you could evolve the Naga all the way then feed it. That way you get a chance to skill up and you're guaranteed an awakening. But there is no point in keeping two Echidnas if the first is not max skilled.

Thank you!

If your first Echidna is fully evolved you could evolve the Naga all the way then feed it. That way you get a chance to skill up and you're guaranteed an awakening. But there is no point in keeping two Echidnas if the first is not max skilled.

Also, if he is that low rank that he can't take on expert, it is going to be a lot of XP used to evolve a 2nd naga just for an awakening. I'd feed that naga to the first one and hope for the yolo skill up. You've got too many other monsters that are going to want-and deserve-that XP, and Scarlet Snake Princess will pop up regularly so you're going to always be able to farm more later.

Giard

Also, if he is that low rank that he can't take on expert, it is going to be a lot of XP used to evolve a 2nd naga just for an awakening. I'd feed that naga to the first one and hope for the yolo skill up. You've got too many other monsters that are going to want-and deserve-that XP, and Scarlet Snake Princess will pop up regularly so you're going to always be able to farm more later.

No yolo skill up ;_;

They won't pop out at identical rarities, and obviously the OP shit like blue Lucifer or Santa Ranger is going to be the hardest to get while more situational stuff like Asuka is going to be more common.

Zero_IYAD

tumblr_mv8vjw8hiD1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Finally done T~T
Am never EVER going back to that dungeon again :"|
40 runs & only 4 Nagas.. Thank god they were enough to get the last 2 skill ups ;_;

coy

Am on a real shit streak with naga skillups as well. Have only needed 1 skillup since August and have gone 0 for everything with her since. Today I burned all my stam on the dungeon, got 4 drops and you know the rest. Said "fuck it" and stoned the stam back as I have died due to being 1 turn away from delay. Proceeded to get 0 drops, which would've been hella pissy, but I got a rank up so another bar of stam on this dungeon. Got 2 more drops and, of course, 0 skillups as a result. I can usually let bad streaks like this go, but between my ultra turd godfest rolls (JP) from the last event and now this, it has been an awful P&D month when it comes to luck.

Also tamadras!

Rants pants off...

chrono01

I've added you witchedwiz, as well as sent the present [whenever you're able to return the favor]. >:)

Good luck! [I got Pterra on my first pull of the machine, now if I can just get Spinon!].

Oh god! I feel like crying right now! I finally max skilled my Flare Drall! Farming 3 red Sprites for every Salamander was fucking torture. Time to clear out all these spare Salamanders and Dragon Flowers.

chrono01

Chrono sent you an invite. I still have my present and don't mind giving it out to someone as enthusiastic as you are.
Thanks for the consideration, but I no longer have the present to return unto you ['twas claimed by witchedwiz]. :(

It would be nice if they reset it every now and then to make re-gifting a possibility. Maybe with a future patch?

Edit - But I shall accept your Friend Request regardless, I hope you don't mind. I'm a fledgling newbie, with Kirin as my leader, but I am heavily addicted. It will not take me long to reach a higher level! :)

Oh god! I feel like crying right now! I finally max skilled my Flare Drall! Farming 3 red Sprites for every Salamander was fucking torture. Time to clear out all these spare Salamanders and Dragon Flowers.
You have a lot more patience than I do. I farmed enough for 2 evolves and got 1 skillup then wasn't willing to try anymore. It's a shame though. A max skill Flare Drall would make Athena super safe with mono red.

Top Bottom