• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

Noa get..
Spent 1 stone on the arctic dragon since i got orb trolled..
Went with kirin +chinese sister with bonus atk for 3+heart combo..
Recapped the stone by Ero stoning the lower difficulty so all is good..

Still pending: looking for someone who is feeling generous, i'm either looking for a robin or a ifrit/fire dragon tyrannos to tackle gaia legend..
My id is 336,246,242
Plox help :p

Any hours is appreciated as i'll run the dungeon tomorrow morning (eu here) in 8 hours :p
And gaia get, though the cost was hefty..
Went there unprepared, confident in my matching skill..
That was an error..
Went with my team
Tyrannos 34
Echidna max skill max level +210 egg
Echidna lvl 36 +2
Homura lvl 51
Titan max skill max level

And gc@gaf lil dragon that gives 3x atk when full..

Spent 8 eggs because i had barely 9892 hp and pretty much everything could instagib me early..
Got orb trolled a LOT AND ended up spending 1 stone at first floor, 1 at third,, 1 at dragon, 2 at ceres, 3 at gaia herself..
Never again :/

Spoit

I rage pulled until my 7th one was a god. VIshnu, which I'm not sure I have much use for, since my only greens are my cuchu team which...doesn't really benefit from that

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh wow i hate PaD now, three pulls and three shitty monsters....what a devastating feeling :-/ Kinda thought that a Godfest was more or less a sure way of getting at least one God. Just shows me how lucky i was at even getting U&Y the last time.

The chance of getting a God is so low, not too mention if you are looking for a specific one like Yomi....but i will try to stick to the game, its my first f2p game of that kind, might be worth it in the long run.

edit: beaten

That and Yomi is great because if you ever get a twinlit Yomi can be evolved into Tsukuyomi. She gets a light sub attribute, that fact alone allows you to cover all colors already with the first sub spot giving you more flexibility filling the last 3 spots.

If you have not read it yet check out pad forum guide to U&Y
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=23963

The op list the top subs for U&Y, and of course Yomi (or Venus) are his favorite subs.

You're early enough in the game where a lot of REM pulls would be beneficial for you. Even rolls that most people would consider to be "troll" rolls since they aren't REM exclusive are helpful to give your team something better than dublits and low ninjas. Don't be too afraid of the REM early on but keep getting more stones from dungeon clears and be frugal with the other uses of stones.

Aside from Yomi's active skill, the time extend awakenings you'll later unlock will give you more time to move your orbs and the D/L ult evo will allow you cover the two missing colors with one card (since U/Y will have blue/green naturally), giving you more flexibility on the rest of your team. All those reasons are why Yomi is considered a very good sub on U/Y teams.
Venus (REM only) and ECO Tiny Alma (farmable from ECO collaboration) have the same skill as Yomi.

Thanks guys really appreciated :)

Gaspode_T

Sometimes monsters that look shitty end up being nice in their evo form, and lots of nice teams are not "God" types (but yeah some of the monsters really do suck...I thought they were supposed to lower the rates of things like golems though)

3 rolls is nothing compared to what some people in here pay, basically put yourself in the casual bucket and try to set your expectations for a very long run (like 1 year or more) and it's easier to go with the flow. Otherwise, you might easily fall into a trap of feeling pressured to pay $$ and then find out that even $$ is not enough...

Ducarmel

yolo

red riding hood

She is a good sub but I have moved away from my mono red team, and there is no way to max skill her right now.

ZeroAKA

1 roll: Green Odin.

My first Godfest-exclusive monster. This might have been useful if I were just starting the game, but now...

Epic Drop

I haven't rolled in forever, so I figured why not. I had 28 stones to burn, so I rolled 3 times

1. Green Guan Yu
2. Silver Valk
3. Susano

I'm happy I got another godfest exclusive, but GGY is probably the one I wanted the least. There just isn't a very big sub pool for physical green. I really wish his leaderskill was for Balanced. Maybe they'll add more subs in time, or maybe they'll give him a UEvo that expands the types his skill applies to.

Edit: On a gut feel, and since my first rolls were pretty good, I rolled 2 more times.

4. Durga!!!!!!!!!!
5. Siegfried

Durga is my first 5x combo monster. I'd love to get "good" with her. I think the hardest part, at least at first, is going to be finding friends who use her. Anyone on GAF pull a Durga and planning on using her somewhat regularly?

cw_sasuke

Man i cant shake off these shitty rolls i got.....are Magic Stones ever on sale ?
I feel like buying a bunch of them, rolling again and be done for at least the next 12 months or so. But then again its random lol.

Edit:

Oh you get 5 boxed per ONE magic stone ? Always assumed you need 5 magic stones for 5 boxes.
Really should have invested them rather in some boxes....screw the REM. Shitty subs till i die.

Decided to roll once because I had almost 20 stones saved up so why not? I don't need the storage space so much anymore, but I do need a better leader than I've been using, Jotunn.

I got Asgard. >:/

Nothing more obnoxious than a friend telling you that rolling Lilith in the REM is "worth it" because otherwise I'd have to spend time farming. I already had a Lilith from the REM. An essentially free Tamadra (I can use this 2nd Lilith to awaken the other) isn't worth 5 fucking dollars.

Rolled 12 times and got mostly crap and dupes, but I did roll a random Ra as well as Susano (both of which I didn't have) so it wasn't a complete waste. I'm going to try to roll for Indian 2.0 in another GF. Time to level up Ra and evo to L/L.

Quantum

I feel like every player has a seed number and it makes them more likely to get certain rolls than others.

Two rolls:

Parvati ( my fifth!)
Earth Golem +1 ( really? )

Chance of iap'n this fest: Zero.

Man i cant shake off these shitty rolls i got.....are Magic Stones ever on sale ?
I feel like buying a bunch of them, rolling again and be done for at least the next 12 months or so. But then again its random lol.

Edit:

Oh you get 5 boxed per ONE magic stone ? Always assumed you need 5 magic stones for 5 boxes.
Really should have invested them rather in some boxes....screw the REM. Shitty subs till i die.

What did you get?

Rolled 4 times.

Melon dragon
Susano
Archangel Metatron
Orichi

These dudes any good?
That's an outstanding haul for only 4 pulls. Every one of those are good. Congrats!
Red Odin
Bastet
Orochi
On only 3 pulls? Another insanely good haul if so.
1 roll: Green Odin.

My first Godfest-exclusive monster. This might have been useful if I were just starting the game, but now...
Grodin is actually very good again with his new ultimate and awakenings. One of the best subs and even useful as a leader again in some dungeons. I've even found the added heal effect in his active to be more useful than I expected. He's so good I decided to finally raise the second one that's been sitting in my box forever.
Pulled for fun on a whim. Ganesha. Ehhhhhh.
Wish I had your bad luck. That's the only Indian 2.0 monster I'd want to pull if I YOLO'd.

Two pulls

Ganesha - Hell yeah 2x coins for those 10million coin dungeons
More Chu Chu (the 6* version, so ready to be ultimate evolved already!)

The question is do I run keeper of gold...

Yes, I will run keeper of gold. It would be AWESOME if I got a floor 2-5 rainbow invade (just not floor one PaD...)

ZeroAKA

If I remember right, GrOdin is still a pretty great sub.
Grodin is actually very good again with his new ultimate and awakenings. One of the best subs and even useful as a leader again in some dungeons. I've even found the added heal effect in his active to be more useful than I expected. He's so good I decided to finally raise the second one that's been sitting in my box forever.
He doesn't really work in any of my teams. I might level him up to use in S-rank runs though.

Jonsoncao

Banned
YOLOROLO...

Ronia?

Again?

For reals?

I mean, I'm not complaining, but I don't have the team cost for a Luxury Ronia team. T_T

You will have.

Now my Lu Bu+three Ronia's+(FA Luci or Shiva or Loki) + friend Ronia or Lu Bu team is too awesome at speedy farming.

shinjijai

probably did 30 rolls got vishnu, krishna, vritra, 2 dino rider, red riding hood, thumbellina, oriochi, 2xronia (4 in total now), melon, ama, indra, and rgy.

i thought i have a perfect rgy team, but rgy with 4 ronia doesn't seem that good anymore, and i have no uriel =(. really wish i got sarasvati or druga though, but i think everybody wanted them.

Quantum

YOLOROLO...

Ronia?

Again?

For reals?

I mean, I'm not complaining, but I don't have the team cost for a Luxury Ronia team. T_T

Amazing.

One of four mobs I've always wanted and just won't drop for me. Tired of throwing money at the REM, but if I do it will mostly to chase ronia.

Nothing more obnoxious than a friend telling you that rolling Lilith in the REM is "worth it" because otherwise I'd have to spend time farming. I already had a Lilith from the REM. An essentially free Tamadra (I can use this 2nd Lilith to awaken the other) isn't worth 5 fucking dollars.
Keep the second one for the second ult evo IMO.

He doesn't really work in any of my teams. I might level him up to use in S-rank runs though.
I want him for my Horus team :eek:

I had 10 stones and refuse to buy any more (I've got 550+ days in so believe me, I've spent $$$). Decided to pull one. Remember, my limited pulls during the last few godfests have been terrible. I was hoping to get a gold and keep my remaining 5 stones. My draw was...a freakin' Drall! Now I am going to spend my last 5. I pull...I kid you not...another Drall! AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

StMeph

Wish I had your bad luck. That's the only Indian 2.0 monster I'd want to pull if I YOLO'd.

I don't consider it bad luck, or him bad, especially if we're going to need to farm large amounts of gold when dungeons opened up that require gold to unlock. It was really more about how unexcited I feel about him. Ganesha is an enabler for a very specific task, but doesn't enable any new teams or fit amazingly well as a sub in existing teams.

So it's nice, just not thrilled.

cw_sasuke

What did you get?
Marine Rider
Mystic Flame Knight
and a shitty Golem.

They really know how to take away all the motivation of playing the game, just when I started enjoying it again. Don't know if I can handle the randomness.

Marine Rider may work with a U/Y two-prong team? Their actives kind of conflict but depending on whether you need more green or blue orbs, it might work? Somebody with actual U/Y experience should probably chime in.

probably did 30 rolls got vishnu, krishna, vritra, 2 dino rider, red riding hood, thumbellina, oriochi, 2xronia (4 in total now), melon, ama, indra, and rgy.

i thought i have a perfect rgy team, but rgy with 4 ronia doesn't seem that good anymore, and i have no uriel =(. really wish i got sarasvati or druga though, but i think everybody wanted them.

I've been finding that RGY without some kind of damage enhance isn't quite enough for some of the higher hp bosses. I tried Beezlebub descended with RGY / Ronia / Ronia / Uriel / Betelgeuse and I turned the whole board red then enhanced against Beezlebub and only hit him down to 25% health (no sky combos). I also couldn't 1-shot Zeus in KoG with a full red enhanced board. I'm considering going for Pirate Zaerog even though his CD is pretty long.

cw_sasuke

Marine Rider may work with a U/Y two-prong team? Their actives kind of conflict but depending on whether you need more green or blue orbs, it might work? Somebody with actual U/Y experience should probably chime in.
Yeah I put him in my team since he can be somehow useful but the other two? So disappointing.

But I checked out the Pengdra Dungeon for the first time, that was cool.

J0dy77

YOLOROLO...

Ronia?

Again?

For reals?

I hate you! Day 650 approaching and I still have Zero Godfest exclusive mobs.

I did my one pull for the God Fest and got Durga. Had no clue she even existed and I'm actually pretty impressed. Seems like a slightly weaker Kirin but might have better team composition. Is this the first time we've had the Indian 2 Gods? I've never seen her on my friend list.

Did another role after feeling lucky with Durga and got an Earth Golem. Reality back in check!

Top Bottom