• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

smbu2000

It's 99 stamina. For four guaranteed tama-babies and a possible tamadora (they invade as well with a 100% drop so it could be 2 or more) it feels well worth it. Run it once a month and you are all set.

I'm not so sure about this. On the site it has her listed with the other GodFest only Monsters. Only Metatron is listed under the 3x. It is a bit strange. Maybe they have something special planned for the Metatrons.

It has been so long since I've used a combo monster that I don't think I could use her. haha. I guess she is the light horus and the Dark one is the Dark Ra
99 stamina? Quite, a lot. I could run it once with each of my accounts without using any stones. It might be worth it to try once in awhile, as I'm usually always in need of extra tamadoras.

No, LMetatron and DMetatron are the only ones listed as not being apart of the 3X rate. Taishougai (対象外) is what it says: Not applicable, or exempt. They will only come out at the regular drop rate is what it says in small text down below the GF info.

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/3000m.html

All of the others listed on the GF page will drop at 3X the regular rate, including the other GF only characters (besides the Metatrons.)

smbu2000

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140925_newmonster.html

New Gotcha monsters and the two new Godfest monsters.

Light kari
- active skill all orbs to fire, water. wood, light and dark
- leader skill is 5x attack with fire, water, wood, light, and dark combo.

Dark kari
- active skill all orbs to fire, water. wood, light, dark, and heart
- leader skill is 6x attack with fire, water, wood, light, dark, and heart combo.

I guess when the change is made all the necessary orbs will be on the board?
Light Kari
Leader skill: Fire, Water, Light and Dark for 5X attack

Dark Kari
Leader skill: Fire, Water, Wood, Dark and Heart for 6X attack

Light Kari doesn't need Wood to activate her leader skill. (active skill brings out Wood too though.)

Dark Kari doesn't need Light to activate her leader skill. (active skill bring out Light though, as well.)

edit: sorry, didn't see your post above.

quin

Uh I can somewhat read Japanese and Light Kari doesn't mention wood in her leader skill. The kanji in order is fire, water,light, dark.

Her active skill is fire, water, wood, light, dark tho.

It's true! I was paying too much attention to the active skills. :(

quin

99 stamina? Quite, a lot. I could run it once with each of my accounts without using any stones. It might be worth it to try once in awhile, as I'm usually always in need of extra tamadoras.

No, LMetatron and DMetatron are the only ones listed as not being apart of the 3X rate. Taishougai (対象外) is what it says: Not applicable, or exempt. They will only come out at the regular drop rate is what it says in small text down below the GF info.

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/3000m.html

All of the others listed on the GF page will drop at 3X the regular rate, including the other GF only characters (besides the Metatrons.)

so bad day :(

Dark Kari seems crazy good. That active plus the awakenings alone makes her an incredible sub for combo teams. Not to mention a great leader skill and stats.

Epic Drop

She seems basically superior to Kirin. Shit is gonna be crazy. I hope I get Light Kari.

TBH, it's a little frustrating. I feel like to this point Gung Ho has done a pretty good job managing power creep in the game, but stuff like Kari and Dark Magician seem kinda over the top.

TBH, it's a little frustrating. I feel like to this point Gung Ho has done a pretty good job managing power creep in the game, but stuff like Kari and Dark Magician seem kinda over the top.

Meh, I get the frustration. But the existence of a stronger leader doesn't invalidate all the stuff my leader CAN do.

Meh, I get the frustration. But the existence of a stronger leader doesn't invalidate all the stuff my leader CAN do.
Are you sure you don't want to re-roll your account for a Ronia? I hear she may get an ult evo in the fan voting…

I don't know how much Gungho cares about the power creep tbh. The aforementioned fan voting for ults like Kirin (and the rumored new ults for Ronia, Dmeta) suggest balance takes a backseat to fan service, which is just a positive feedback loop of players gravitating towards strong monsters and subsequently voting for more powerful versions when the time comes.

Some form of power creep is inevitable but it doesn't seem like Gungho is taking any measures to slow it down.

Wow both Wijas and Chester make great subs for their awakenings and actives. The REM is going to have enough great monsters I don't have, that I'm going to be tempted to occasionally pull again. Maybe I'll join the YOLO club.

smbu2000

Is Weekend Dungeon the best way to get coins? I've been sitting at around 4 mil, comfortable in my fusion bank, and it hasn't really wavered from that since I haven't done much +fusion, and I've not been running the Weekend Dungeon.

Not a hard place to run, with the tricolor bonus. My monored team just rips straight though it. Just curious if there's a more efficient way to get cash money.
The new weekend dungeon difficulty level is also a good place for it. (Not sure about when it'll be in the non-JP version.)
Last week I averaged about 650k each time (was a 1.5x coin bonus) so a normal run should be well over 400k. With the new event the coin bonus will be 2X, so I should be able to get well over 800k each time. (Takes 40 stamina)

Using those bonus gods and a lower difficulty will also work. I don't have any (besides catwoman), but my gf has Ganesh on her account.

IT'S A TRAP!
Haha! Don't I know it!

Also:

4sSI2C6.png

Just need to tackle Ancient Wind S-rank, now. Poring S-rank was easy peasy with Ronia. Her 6* rarity has really been great for tackling various S-ranks compared to her 7* counterparts.

Jagernaut

Compensation notice.

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
19 minutes ago ·
*Compensation Notice*

This is an announcement regarding the planned compensation for the maintenance extension that occurred on 9/24 (Wed). For more information on this original announcement, see here: http://on.fb.me/1wLrV5S

As a result of the increased maintenance duration, 3 Magic Stones will be awarded as compensation to all users.

In order to receive this compensation, you must have created your account before 9/24 (Wed), 7:10 AM (PDT). The compensation will be distributed via ingame message, and will be available on 9/26 (Fri), from 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM (PDT).

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding. We hope you continue to enjoy Puzzle & Dragons.

Done. Did anyone S-rank or even 0-stone Hera Rush last time? Wondering what teams people are having success with. Tried with an Anubis team last time and failed horribly even with 8 time extend awakenings.

Zkwrwdm.png

alittlelove

Neo Member
I just realized that with Bastet's skill update, I can't actually use her skill and Izanagi's together. It overwrites the 2x, and Izanagi's skill won't activate the other way around.

Argh :(

Goku and Gohan got leader skill buffs. Gohan is now the same as F/F Horus and Goku adds 4.5x for all six colors. I wonder if DQXQ will get the same buff with her eventual uvo. I was kinda hoping for 5x for all six.

SaintR

There is no way I'm farming Sandolphon for red jewels...such and annoying dungeon...hera-ur going to have to wait for well hera-ur.

Jagernaut

There is no way I'm farming Sandolphon for red jewels...such and annoying dungeon...hera-ur going to have to wait for well hera-ur.

Same here, I need 3 for Hera Ur's ultimate.

Just made a King Mastering thanks to 2x drop Poring Tower, he was already max skilled.

Epic Drop

I'm in the same boat... gonna be throwing stones at Hera-Ur until I get 2 more red jewels.

Sandalphon drives me crazy. The first floor can troll you SO badly if you don't have a perfect opening board and the unicorns repeatedly change orbs you need into light.

linsivvi

I'm in the same boat... gonna be throwing stones at Hera-Ur until I get 2 more red jewels.

Sandalphon drives me crazy. The first floor can troll you SO badly if you don't have a perfect opening board and the unicorns repeatedly change orbs you need into light.

Just avoid any color-specific leader. Any combination of Horus, Isis, DQXQ, Bastet, Kushinadahime, etc should allow you to clear the first floor while charging some skills.

Azusa

Official stream event, October 3rd, 11:00 AM (PDT)

*The Official Puzzle & Dragons Twitch Streaming Event*

Everybody! We are pleased to announce a new first for us--the Official Puzzle & Dragons Twitch stream!

We’ll be launching this as a special celebration for our special milestone of 5 Million Downloads in North America!

The official streaming event goes live on the October 3rd, 11:00 AM (PDT) on the Channel GungHoAmerica: www.twitch.tv/gunghoamerica/profile

However, we’ll be throwing a few practice sessions here and there, as one of our very own from GungHo Online Entertainment America will be training to take on this dungeon!

These “Training Days” will be held on September 30th, 12:00 PM (PDT) and October 1st, 1:30 PM (PDT).

We have a special format designed to give away some lovely rewards for all our loyal fans, so be sure to tune in to see what it’s all about!

Well Tried Sandalphon, and made it to Sandalphon 0-stone. But got god bound on her before echidna came back (by one turn).

Oh well. Didn't get a red spirit orb invade anyway.

So two stones spent and I've max skilled Siegfried, Fairlion, and my second vamp. Cu Chu is one away and I'm stockpiling for Valkyrie and Lilith. Not sure how many more stones I should put into this. It would suck to come up short on Valk and Lilith when it could be months before the dungeon comes back.

Any reason for me to hang on to the Angelings I've picked up? I don't have Kagutsuchi on this account.

Can't even get a single Ghostring to drop so I can go 0 for _______ on my Lilith's last skillup. I'm something like 1/15 across Valk/Vamp/Cu/Mastering but 2/6 on Sieg.

Quantum

Threw a few stones at porings, have done fairly well today, although one last level on sieg is just not happening.

maxed second Valk, Maxed second vamp, maxed King mastering, maxed gigas, maxed farilo, maxed megalo, sieg 6/7, and blue valk 6/7.

everything was on the first level except sieg who was 3/7 and blue valk who was 6/7.

I "S'd" both poring and dragon in motley

I picked a really stupid leader for poring (hence the number of turns) but was worried about the poporings.

I am not going to stone for the last levels on sieg or b valk - but I want to ^^

SJUYigm.png

yhwLRyM.png

razterik

Any reason for me to hang on to the Angelings I've picked up? I don't have Kagutsuchi on this account.

Nope. Feed them for delicious red exp. I'm always tempted to use them that way instead of trying to finish Kagutsuchi. I never use his skill.

I know it's not hard or anything, but I just wanted to post that I hate farming for Amelits.

Working on Pandora? It's tough. I finished mine through Dungeon of Darkness instead of Friday dungeon. Drop rate is probably about the same, but it's sad having to toss all those wrong color lits.

Official stream event, October 3rd, 11:00 AM (PDT)

Hey, this is pretty exciting. Please be as wacky and off the cuff as JP streams. Any chance we can get some free stone/Tama challenges?

Titan: 2/15
Cu Chu: max/23
Siegfried: max/20

I wasn't keeping count on everything else. I have 16 each of Valk and Lilith skillups saved. I realize that probably won't be enough for either of them, but hopefully they'll be most of the way done.

Now to move on to Drawn Joker...

colinp

Banned
Got lucky and max skilled Sieg, Vamp and Lilith, with Valk now sitting at 6/7.

Angelion and Highlander (I haven't gotten a chance to evolve him yet! Jeez, one of these days...) were already max.

Will have two more chances to run Poring so I might not stone. I just don't carre about skill ups enough, and running this dungeon is a bit too mindless and boring.

Plus, Destiny is calling. ;)

Quantum

I hope I don't sound overly bitter in my posts, but I tend to read the forums and post after having a crappy time with the game.

that being said I think the recent compensation and my luck with the poring tower made yesterday and this morning pretty decent.

I had just enough stamina to run poring once more before I went to sleep and managed to max level sieg, and just for shits and giggles I fed another sixth angel to my FAL and hit level 14 (soon the pain will be over!)

only to wake up this morning to 2000 compensation PAL points.

I am going to leave the country the day after my exam (holiday) so I'll actually miss the stream but hopefully I'll be able to wrangle a decent internet connections to see whats what.

Jagernaut

I had beaten Heracles Legend with a Horus team before and tried Mythical today with a Ronia team. Except for 1 time I was fatally starved for hearts it was a pretty easy 1 stone clear.

Ronia
Hera Ur
Devil Haku
D/W Vampire
King Baddie
Ronia

There was no Chinese invade and I one shot Heracles (5 million hp!) after the 2 turn skill bind. Ronia + King Baddie burst is really strong.

smbu2000

Yes, got my Sasuke up to max, took 26 mushrooms. I ended up having to use 1 stone to get that last level. Now I just need to evolve him as he is still in his original state. I don't really have that much use for him though, he would be better on my other two accounts which both have Wood Zhuge Liang.

My other two have Meimei, but I haven't really played that much to get Green Chasers...

Coming in here every now and then and hearing folks complain about skill ups for their Valkyries and Lucifers and such, never stops being a surreal experience for me. Just wanted to say that.

Hige

I've been rerolling every now and then on a JP account and I don't even know why. I had an account with a Curse Dragon and got a gold egg from the DBZ REM (Trunks). Rerolled two more times and gathered enough stones for DBZ (which takes forever) and got Goku on my second try. But being low level with no box space or compatible friend leaders feels too daunting even with all the JP server perks. I feel too established with my NA account at this point, so maybe I'll just log in for stones I guess.

Top Bottom