• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT2| Don't Ask, Just Reroll

I've been rerolling every now and then on a JP account and I don't even know why. I had an account with a Curse Dragon and got a gold egg from the DBZ REM (Trunks). Rerolled two more times and gathered enough stones for DBZ (which takes forever) and got Goku on my second try. But being low level with no box space or compatible friend leaders feels too daunting even with all the JP server perks. I feel too established with my NA account at this point, so maybe I'll just log in for stones I guess.
I rolled a Durga account about a week ago and between PADW, Korin Tower, event stones, and dungeon completions I have over 40 stones. 40 stones and I've barely started the Tier 3 dungeons. If I get some decent stuff during the next PC godfest, I'm definitely switching over. Though it's easier for me to switch since my US account is only 2 months old.

Thought people were exaggerating how many more stones you can get on the JP servers, but I almost have enough to roll the REM as many times as I have on my 2 month old account already...

Hige

I rolled a Durga account about a week ago and between PADW, Korin Tower, event stones, and dungeon completions I have over 40 stones. 40 stones and I've barely started the Tier 3 dungeons. If I get some decent stuff during the next PC godfest, I'm definitely switching over. Though it's easier for me to switch since my US account is only 2 months old.

Thought people were exaggerating how many more stones you can get on the JP servers, but I almost have enough to roll the REM as many times as I have on my 2 month old account already...
Oh, thanks for the reminder about Korin Tower. Just got a free stone lol. My NA account is rank 272 and I have a stacked Ronia team and really strong Pandora/Zhuge Liang teams with plenty of subs and a large friend list, so it's a lot to give up even if the JP server is tempting.

Quantum

The idea that folks are feeding their gods other gods and complaining of the poor results at achieving max skill, when low rank players would be ecstatic to even have them at all.

This thread is, as the saying goes, all Greek to me.

I think you miss understand skilling up a monster.

Most of the complaints are not feeding REM gods to REM gods.

Many dungeons now exist that drop fodder that is fed to a god to skill it up.

These rates are pretty terrible, but it has nothing to do with feeding gods to gods.

Wow. Maybe I should quit the US version and start a Japanese account.

I think you miss understand skilling up a monster.

Most of the complaints are not feeding REM gods to REM gods.

Many dungeons now exist that drop fodder that is fed to a god to skill it up.

These rates are pretty terrible, but it has nothing to do with feeding gods to gods.
No no, I understand it fine; I know you don't need gods to skill up gods, just monsters with the exact same skill name, and the chances of success are minuscule even with the bonus skill chance periods.

Put another way: coming in here as a low rank and seeing players with all-gods teams, multiple copies of gods, s-rank comparisons, etc. complaining about their luck, can be a bewildering and surreal experience. Most of you don't even use monsters I recognize.

It's all endgame, this thread.

We all started somewhere. The early days of OT1 were frontier trailblazing because nobody had any idea about how the game worked and the only reliable source of information was a wiki written in Chinese. Even today, nearly two years after the game has come out, there's still a spectrum of player abilIty and box power in this thread.

As a new player you get the advantage of learning from our experiences and mistakes. Also friending our OP monsters cause most players only delete for extreme inactivity.

Quantum

It's all endgame, this thread.

I agree with Cosmo - if you are a new player you benefit from the discussion and the leaders posters have and share.

I know I still do. Every 'S' team that gets posted I look at and think about how I can run the same dungeon.

this thread - for better or worse, got me more addicted to the game.

Wow. Maybe I should quit the US version and start a Japanese account.

I want the option to transfer my account!

hopefully there will be more focus on the US server - live stream, 5 million downloads... I just wish that the game was getting more popular faster (potentially would garner more interest from Gungho)

Tobe

Attacker luci is the truth boys. for whatever reason i couldnt beat belzebub before now i just ran luci/Dtron and blazed through it. might actually think of running dual luci.

smbu2000

It's just a good time to get stones right now because of the Dragonball Collaboration and the current even going on. You get one a day in the mail and you can also pick up another one for clearing the Karin Tower.

'm guessing that they want new people to start playing more while the collaboration is on. (I've seen commercials on tv for it.) It was the same the last time the DB collaboration was on.

Usually it's not so easy, although you do usually get one a day during events and sometimes for other things as well when there isn't an event. (Like when they clear the dungeons on the Nico Live feed.)

Right now it's the 30 million download event (first half). The second half should also have something as well either stones or tamadoras.

Jagernaut

Godfest announcement.

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
Just now ·
*Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 9/30 (Tues), 12:00 AM - 10/1 (Wed), 11:59 PM (PDT)

Witness the Genesis of a new series of Gods! With this new special 3-Series Godfest, we introduce to you the Indian Series 2 Gods!

With their introduction is an entirely new game mechanic of altering Orb attribute appearances through active skills!

- Indian Series 2 - (NEW)
1330 Krishna
1332 Sarasvati
1334 Vishnu
1336 Ganesha
1338 Durga

- Indian Series 1 -
236 Shiva
238 Parvati
240 Lakshmi
242 Indra
244 Vritra

- Japanese Series 1 -
132 Kagutsuchi
134 Orochi
136 Susano
138 Amaterasu
140 Yomi

- Special -
362 Odin
364 Odin, the War Deity
1107 Phantom God Odin
640 Archangel Metatron
642 Dark Angel Metatron
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
1241 Bearded Deity, Guan Yu
1243 Loyal Deity, Guan Yu
1372 Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1374 Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang

Catwoman is so good for farming Super Golds. Her special even sweeps a floor of High Golds, so you don't need a fifth Demon/Luci. That's 180K gold just for clearing the dungeon, and even more if you sell the Dragons. Shame more people don't run her, though. I still get 100K-120K with only 1 Catwoman lead.

7tr04p8.png

Went 4/15 on my first three feeds skilling up DJ. I decided this godfest doesn't appeal to me so I spent a few more stones that I originally intended.

0/13 since then....

0/17 now. Basically wasted an entire pull or 25 box spaces for nothing. Fuck skill ups.

Gaspode_T

I have two Catwomen and I always seem to forget to use her for gold dungeons, actually I got the Ganesha guy too

Yesterday I used <redacted> stones to get Sandalphon after getting pissed off after failing to quickly take him down with my Kushi/Bastet team, he started hitting for like 25K every turn when he was down in health and I couldn't get good setups for large combos...since I have Light Metatron and Bastet I thought I might as well try to get strong healer

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Godfest announcement.

So does this mean that only the listed gods can be obtained in that Godfest...or that you only have 3x chance for these but still could get someone like Umi&Yama ?

Any of them worth giving the fest a go ? I have 15 magic stones, would love to get a healer for my team because thats the reason im getting destroyed often lol. Or any good addition for my Umi&Yama leader. Slowly getting used to him and can more often pull off the 5x ATK special but its often a kill or be killed situation because of low hp/no healer in my friendlist.

From what ive read i should try to include someone who can delay attacks like this one http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Empress_of_Serpents,_Echidna

and someone to reshuffle the board if needed
http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Hobgoblin

Ducarmel

I'm just going to give a yolo on this one, I would not mind getting a new Japanese 1.0 god like Ame or even a dupe Yomi. But I'm hoping for a second Ronia.

So does this mean that only the listed gods can be obtained in that Godfest...or that you only have 3x chance for these but still could get someone like Umi&Yama ?

Any of them worth giving the fest a go ? I have 15 magic stones, would love to get a healer for my team because thats the reason im getting destroyed often lol. Or any good addition for my Umi&Yama leader. Slowly getting used to him and can more often pull off the 5x ATK special but its often a kill or be killed situation because of low hp/no healer in my friendlist.

From what ive read i should try to include someone who can delay attacks like this one http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Empress_of_Serpents,_Echidna

Yeah you can get other gods the chances are just smaller then the ones listed, in fact you could even get gods from the green gala that is on right now

In this godfest Yomi would be a useful addition to U&Y. Parvati is another decent pull she is a heart maker, changes red orbs to hearts a useful skill for U&Y team. Durga could be useful as a final burst multiplier on the boss stage.

Edit: Parvati is actually a bad pull for U&Y she changes blue orbs to hearts that is not good for U&Y

Echidna is useful for any team especially low level players, hobogoblin not so much I guess he helps when you have a bad board but I would rather work on orb management skills then waste a slot for a monster with crappy stats and a niche skill.

As for Indian 2.0:
Krishna is probably the best leader out of the set. His leader skill is easy to activate but is flexible enough to burst when needed.
Sarasvati, on the other hand, is a "savant" tier leader since her condition is ridiculously difficult to fulfill without sub help, and even then.
Vishnu, on the other other hand, won't usually get there due to the low multiplier. He had two prongs though and is green, IYKWIM.
Ganesha makes it rain dolla dolla bills in the weekend dungeon, and has an interesting active, but isn't good for much else.
Durga is easily the weakest of all monsters with that sort of leader skill, with bad awakenings and a not very good leader skill. That still makes her pretty good though.

razterik

Catwoman is so good for farming Super Golds.

Did they finally fix this? It was bugged for a while where you only got the bonus from one Catwoman even if you had two leading. More coin leader friends will probably show up once we have a use for the cash.

Not really interested in this Godfest. Waiting on new silvers being added and Indian 2.0 isn't that great without the active buff.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Went 4/15 on my first three feeds skilling up DJ. I decided this godfest doesn't appeal to me so I spent a few more stones that I originally intended.

0/13 since then....

0/17 now. Basically wasted an entire pull or 25 box spaces for nothing. Fuck skill ups.

Took me 60 feeds to max DJ, with a 0/35 session in between...after 55 still two levels to go...really took a leap of faith with dat last 5...

Thought 60 is good for 2 DJs...oh boy how wrong I was.

I'll probably roll 5 to 10 times hoping for any Indian 2.0, Shiva, Parvati, Susano, blue or green Sonias, and red Odin.

Also 0-stoned Beezlebub and Heracles mythical with a team of U&Y / Blue Odin / I&I (healer) / Sun Quan / D/L Yomi. Had something interesting happen on Heracles - Karin invaded in place of Archangel and so I got skill bound; I finished her with 2 turns left on skill bind and Heracles changed his pre-emptive to Sucker Punch (-99% hp) instead of skill bind. Just something to keep in mind if you get invaded on the wave preceding a skill bind pre-emptive.

Yomi is a key U&Y sub, particularly if you are trying to run a U&Y row enhance team. Also Susano if max skilled can be useful as can Orochi if you can stall for him. If you want to endure the pain of max skilling Indra he could also be useful. I don't think the Indian 2.0 gods add anything as subs for U&Y - Ganesha I guess could be useful but his CD is way too long, especially when Kushi can give you 75% reduction every 8 turns.

If you're looking for farmable U&Y subs, the best are probably the heart-breakers, Echidna, gravities, dragon knight, and ECO Tiny Alma. Echidna + gravities is probably the way to go for clearing descends unless you have a strong REM-heavy team. A farmable light element monster will be the hardest spot to fill.

Quick question on my Hera-Ur Legend team.

My current plan is DQXQ/Horus with DL Batman to delay Hera. My main question is will it be worth having Ghostring to poison on Ifrit? That floor seems like a pain in the ass to grind through, but with Ghostrings terrible stats, stalling could be tough.

Another option would be Echidna, which would still require stalling, but would significantly boost my RCV. I would then have 5 turns to kill Ifrit (assuming he still use his status shield when below 50%, which I'm not sure about).

Opinions?

Man, after praising Catwoman, I learn of this new monster Ganesha that has x2 coin drop instead of x1.5! And it's in this current Godfest! GH mocks me.

Did they finally fix this? It was bugged for a while where you only got the bonus from one Catwoman even if you had two leading.
Oh? I didn't know about that bug. I'll assume it was fixed then, because I never got anywhere near that much gold with all the other single Catwoman runs.

As for Indian 2.0:
Durga is easily the weakest of all monsters with that sort of leader skill, with bad awakenings and a not very good leader skill. That still makes her pretty good though.
Hmm ... I automatically figured she'd be considered the best of them, since she's basically a Dark Sakuya with different active/awakenings. And she doesn't waste Echidna's attack like U&Y.

Jagernaut

Durga has a worse active than U&Y or Kirin and her stats and awakenings are average. She will probably get better with an ultimate evolution.

Quick question on my Hera-Ur Legend team.

My current plan is DQXQ/Horus with DL Batman to delay Hera. My main question is will it be worth having Ghostring to poison on Ifrit? That floor seems like a pain in the ass to grind through, but with Ghostrings terrible stats, stalling could be tough.

Another option would be Echidna, which would still require stalling, but would significantly boost my RCV. I would then have 5 turns to kill Ifrit (assuming he still use his status shield when below 50%, which I'm not sure about).

Opinions?

You can stall on the first floor until all skills are up. I'd use Echidna on Ifrit as opposed to Ghostring.

zoku88

I really need a yomi. I mostly play with u&y and have a couple of friends with that lead as well. I suck at getting the 24x consistently, though.

Plus, yomi is cute:3

J0dy77

Catwoman is so good for farming Super Golds. Her special even sweeps a floor of High Golds, so you don't need a fifth Demon/Luci. That's 180K gold just for clearing the dungeon, and even more if you sell the Dragons. Shame more people don't run her, though. I still get 100K-120K with only 1 Catwoman lead.

7tr04p8.png

I'm leveling mine ever since the coin dungeon bonuses. The Batman collab has been far and away the best special rem.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah you can get other gods the chances are just smaller then the ones listed, in fact you could even get gods from the green gala that is on right now

In this godfest Yomi would be a useful addition to U&Y. Parvati is another decent pull she is a heart maker, changes red orbs to hearts a useful skill for U&Y team. Durga could be useful as a final burst multiplier on the boss stage.

Edit: Parvati is actually a bad pull for U&Y she changes blue orbs to hearts that is not good for U&Y

Echidna is useful for any team especially low level players, hobogoblin not so much I guess he helps when you have a bad board but I would rather work on orb management skills then waste a slot for a monster with crappy stats and a niche skill.

Thanks for the advice man. So Yomi would be a goof pull and i should get Echidna - i guess for letter the best move would be to obtain Naga and upgrade her, right ? And yeah i will skip that homogoblin idea xD

btw. Here my current team (still figuring stuff out)

Yomi is a key U&Y sub, particularly if you are trying to run a U&Y row enhance team. Also Susano if max skilled can be useful as can Orochi if you can stall for him. If you want to endure the pain of max skilling Indra he could also be useful. I don't think the Indian 2.0 gods add anything as subs for U&Y - Ganesha I guess could be useful but his CD is way too long, especially when Kushi can give you 75% reduction every 8 turns.

If you're looking for farmable U&Y subs, the best are probably the heart-breakers, Echidna, gravities, dragon knight, and ECO Tiny Alma. Echidna + gravities is probably the way to go for clearing descends unless you have a strong REM-heavy team. A farmable light element monster will be the hardest spot to fill.

Another Yomi recommendation, seems like this would be a great fit. But dont know if i should go for it with my 15 magic stones. BUt on the other hand i have not much too loose and it could improve my team. Are there other "themed" god fest that would make much more sense for a team U&Y ?

Yomi is recommended for the team because of that skill alone right ?

"Freely move orbs for 10 seconds without triggering matches"

That would immensely help me out for the boss stages and being able to 99% trigger the 5x U/Y skill. Are there other monsters with the same "10 secs free movement skill" that could be recommended ?

Will probably go for Yomi, but the chances of getting him with 3 rolls is very slim....well.

You're early enough in the game where a lot of REM pulls would be beneficial for you. Even rolls that most people would consider to be "troll" rolls since they aren't REM exclusive are helpful to give your team something better than dublits and low ninjas. Don't be too afraid of the REM early on but keep getting more stones from dungeon clears and be frugal with the other uses of stones.

Aside from Yomi's active skill, the time extend awakenings you'll later unlock will give you more time to move your orbs and the D/L ult evo will allow you cover the two missing colors with one card (since U/Y will have blue/green naturally), giving you more flexibility on the rest of your team. All those reasons are why Yomi is considered a very good sub on U/Y teams.

Ducarmel

edit: beaten
Yomi is recommended for the team because of that skill alone right ?
That and Yomi is great because if you ever get a twinlit Yomi can be evolved into Tsukuyomi. She gets a light sub attribute, that fact alone allows you to cover all colors already with the first sub spot giving you more flexibility filling the last 3 spots.

If you have not read it yet check out pad forum guide to U&Y
http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=23963

The op list the top subs for U&Y, and of course Yomi (or Venus) are his favorite subs.

Guys i need a few PEEP with a strong kirin to run gabriel..
My id is 336,246,242
Plox help :p

And if someone is feeling generous, i'm either looking for a robin or a ifrit/fire dragon tyrannos to tackle gaia legend..
I trust you padgaf!

Hige

As for Indian 2.0:
Krishna is probably the best leader out of the set. His leader skill is easy to activate but is flexible enough to burst when needed.
Sarasvati, on the other hand, is a "savant" tier leader since her condition is ridiculously difficult to fulfill without sub help, and even then.
Vishnu, on the other other hand, won't usually get there due to the low multiplier. He had two prongs though and is green, IYKWIM.
Ganesha makes it rain dolla dolla bills in the weekend dungeon, and has an interesting active, but isn't good for much else.
I think Sarasvati and Durga are the worst of the pantheon. Sarasvati is just too hard to trigger; even those full +297 JP videos seem to struggle with her. However, if you like gambling and niche team set ups you can use her active skill to get a water skyfall after a Ronia board on a Haku team lol. Durga's not terrible, but her active is the weakest out of Kirin/U&Y/Durga. I'm sure she'll get better awakenings whenever they release her ult evo.

As always, the biggest problem with a brand new pantheon is finding suitable friends if the pantheon gods pair best with themselves. You have to hope certain leaders take off, or you're stuck with something like the Hero gods where you're looking for Perseus friends >_> while Pandora is living it up.

Krishna seems pretty solid. You can probably pair him with F/D Shiva friends for farming and being able to trigger small or large bursts with his leader skill is invaluable.

Vishnu might have some potential. I think people are seriously underrating his two prong when considering his damage output. Seven orbs would give you 28.125x damage (for that particular 4-orb match and only Vishnu or other 2x TPA cards, granted), so I think he does have some burst potential. I also think he has some utility as a Zhuge Liang sub when he's skilled up.

Ganesha might have some use on an Athena team due to his high RCV and 2x TPA. His active skill's cooldown is super long, but that might help Athena (or anyone) for some really niche dungeon lol. The 2x coin drop is conveniently suddenly useful for the future dungeons you can pay for with coins.

Guys i need a few PEEP with a strong kirin to run gabriel..
My id is 336,246,242

And if someone is feeling generous, i'm either looking for a robin or a ifrit/fire dragon tyrannos to tackle gaia legend..
I trust you padgaf!
Noa get..
Spent 1 stone on the arctic dragon since i got orb trolled..
Went with kirin +chinese sister with bonus atk for 3+heart combo..
Recapped the stone by Ero stoning the lower difficulty so all is good..

Still pending: looking for someone who is feeling generous, i'm either looking for a robin or a ifrit/fire dragon tyrannos to tackle gaia legend..
My id is 336,246,242

Any hours is appreciated as i'll run the dungeon tomorrow morning (eu here) in 8 hours :p

razterik

Best outcome from GungHo dropping recharge rate to 5 min per stamina is happening. JP Brave Frontier is switching to 3 min per stamina. Can't imagine it'll be long before others follow suit. Let the stamina wars commence!

J0dy77

So I guess 48 hr godfests are standard now? That and the unwritten rule that every godfest is one good pantheon combined with one or two bad ones. :|

The last few good fests we've had have been pretty bad. I'll throw one roll at this hoping for REM only but I'll shower myself in the disappointment.

colinp

Banned
Best outcome from GungHo dropping recharge rate to 5 min per stamina is happening. JP Brave Frontier is switching to 3 min per stamina. Can't imagine it'll be long before others follow suit. Let the stamina wars commence!

Wow, that's funny. Good on Gung-ho for leading the charge.

razterik

JP Godfest rolls:

Wukong
Grape fruit dragon
Tomato
Orochi (dupe)
Gold egg Angelion (grr)
Light Tron (a dupe on 1x rate...)

5/6 gold, only two semi useful ones. Eh, maybe I should've rolled DB instead.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Rolled 4 times.

Melon dragon
Susano
Archangel Metatron
Orichi

These dudes any good?

Top Bottom