• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

linsivvi

My kids did that twice, costing me 2-3 stones and stamina each time. Wish I could password lock the app.

I hit 750 days today and 190 stamina. Once I hit 198 I'll start running Tamadra Village. I need to awaken 4 riders + Ruka.

I am at 192 right now. I am thinking you can get away with 197 or even 196 stamina depending on how many stones one wants to spend.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I did it *yatta*

2015-02-11-09-50-03o2qs8.png

2015-02-11-09-52-237howp.png

As some of you guys know i have been working for a while on a team for the Wednesday Mask. Couldnt use the team last week because i was missing the skill plus to have ADK ready on stage 1.

Results - 5 attempts, 5 times to the final floor and got the drop 2 times. From the 3 times i failed one was my own fault for screwing up a combo and the two other failures i just hadnt enough orbs to OHKO the Green Mask. Also tried different strategies to figure out the best approach in the future.

Its OHKO or nothing with this team, HP wise there isnt much holding it together - but its fine that way. Will be able to improve the team with Anti Skill Lock/Orb changers subs like Verdandi/Marine Rider once i have enough Tamas for their Awakenings.

Now that i dont depend on PAL REM luck to get this masks i will be able to:

- Ult Evo Kushi ( one further step to optimizing my U&Y team, missing Dub-mythlit right now)
- Ult Evo Marine Rider ( my GZL team has been waiting on him, needs Awakenings though)

- Ult Evo Astaroth G/B ( havent used that unit yet, but she looks/seems cool - not anytime soon though)
- Ult Evo Beast Rider ( havent used that unit yet, seems good)
- Ult Evo Dmeta ( already had the Water Jewel + Devilith from the Pal machine)
- Ult-Evo Archangel Gabriel ( probably wont happen anytime soon - he looks kinda lame tbh)

Feels good to have finally lifted one of my PaD roadblocks. Its also the first of the weekday dungeons i finished at its highest difficulty.

Tiamat/Pandora isn't as terrible of a pairing as I originally thought. Losing the orb change is a downgrade but the multiplier drop is masked by Tiamat's active. I should probably evolve my Valk ASAP so I can pair up with all these Athenas on my friend list when I tackle alt normals.

I did it *yatta*

<~snip~>

Feels good to have finally lifted one of my PaD roadblocks. Its also the first of the weekday dungeons i finished at its highest difficulty.
Wow, congrats! You're progressing very well - rank 200+ already?! I still haven't gotten around to trying it myself (since my GZL teams is still in the dumps) but I may have to get a green sacred mask for Hades soon if the PAL doesn't gift me one by the time I get Gaia/Hades evolved.

Jagernaut

Congrats sasuke, you've made a lot of progress. Thursday mythical is easier than Wednesday IMO, but if you don't have a Sonia or Norn there's no rush to beat it unless you need the trifruits for evolutions.

Tobe

not to be a party pooper on sasuke's progress which is super amazing, congrats bro. but it seems, that the game is on an express train to end game grind lately.

if it werent for the HnK collab which is super hype for me, it would be end game grind on getting materials to evo my monsters and to skill them up.

my question is where is this game going? hp is a non factor on bosses. most teams have the ability to burst 2-3 mill. currently my dtron teams burst around 5~6 mill?

besides the whole conversation on what to do with combo leads which are lacking, where are the dungeons going? more conditionals? what else could be done?

FZZ

Banned
not to be a party pooper on sasuke's progress which is super amazing, congrats bro. but it seems, that the game is on an express train to end game grind lately.

if it werent for the HnK collab which is super hype for me, it would be end game grind on getting materials to evo my monsters and to skill them up.

my question is where is this game going? hp is a non factor on bosses. most teams have the ability to burst 2-3 mill. currently my dtron teams burst around 5~6 mill?

besides the whole conversation on what to do with combo leads which are lacking, where are the dungeons going? more conditionals? what else could be done?

PvP

linsivvi

Passive abilities will stop the 1 burst kill.

Jagernaut

Next event

10273486_1008600389168553_3786211179872777981_n.png

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*Wealth of Blessings*
[Duration]: 2/13 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 2/22 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)

Welcome the Year of the Sheep! Gather round to take part and recognize your blessings. Fortune comes in the form of family, and a gigantic feast!

There are many days to enjoy the entire event--and lots of red and gold hues to complement the abundance of warmth and love surrounding.

&#9632;&#9312; Daily Login Bonuses
2/13 - 2/22 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

&#9632;&#9313; Families Reunited!
Brothers and sisters, parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins! Once you put your roots down, family can only grow!

2/13 - 2/14 - Ultimate Hera Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
2/15 - 2/16 - Ultimate God Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
2/20 - 2/22 - Arboreal Encounter

&#9632;&#9314; Gifts in Red Envelopes!
Take these gifts as an investment into the new year! The Holy Beasts like to be taken seriously though, so don’t be surprised by their dungeon difficulty!

2/13 - 2/22 - Gift from the Holy Beasts
*Please note that ‘A Gift from the World Tree’ has a stamina cost of 50. If you do not meet the stamina requirements this dungeon will not display in the client.

&#9632;&#9315; Special Event Content
2/19 - 2/21 - ???????????

&#9632;&#9316; Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 2/13 to 2/22!
See here for details: http://on.fb.me/1swdWlb

2/13 - Mephisto Descended!
2/14 - Hera-Ur Descended!
2/15 - Zeus-Dios Descended!
2/15 - Sandalphon Descended!
2/16 - Athena Descended!
2/16 - Tengu!!!
2/17 - Zeus Mercury Descended!
2/17 - Dragon Zombie!
2/18 - Cauchemar Descended!
2/19 - Wadatsumi Descended!
2/20 - Kanetsugu!
2/21 - Hera-Sowilo Descended!
2/22 - The Thief Descended!
2/22 - Guan Yinping!

&#9632;&#9317; Awesome Daily Bonuses
Dungeon Bonus:
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
Fusion Bonus:
2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
Drop Bonus:
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here:http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

cw_sasuke

Wow, congrats! You're progressing very well - rank 200+ already?! I still haven't gotten around to trying it myself (since my GZL teams is still in the dumps) but I may have to get a green sacred mask for Hades soon if the PAL doesn't gift me one by the time I get Gaia/Hades evolved.

Thanks !!! In terms of Ranks it should slow down from now since i plan on tackling more difficult events now and not focus as much on Ranking up as before. +100 stamina was my goal so i can do Tamadra Events twice.

And GZL is the real deal imo, wonder how and when they will push him even further with an Ult Evo - he already is very good.
Congrats sasuke, you've made a lot of progress. Thursday mythical is easier than Wednesday IMO, but if you don't have a Sonia or Norn there's no rush to beat it unless you need the trifruits for evolutions.

Interesting, but as you said it often depends on the teams available. I got Ronia from the last Godfest, havent evolved or invested much time in a team for her but its one of my next goals once im done with GZL.

From the Thursday Dungeon i only would need the red fruits to eventually Ult Evo Ronia at some point.
Next event
Probably wont pull, but Memei would be great for my Athena team :-/

Gotta see which "easier" Desc i could take on this time. I would love to get my hands on Guan Yinping!

Edit:

Am i seeing this right...will all Jewels drop from the Gift from the Holy Beasts dungeon ? That would be amazing, also just for familiarizing with the Invade Units and how to handle them.

cw_sasuke

It's only one fight so you get one jewel, like the fruit dragon and Noel gift dungeons.

Okay hanks, this makes way more sense hehe. But still great for me - gotta see which Jewel i need most. But depending on your luck this might be quite the stamina waste if yoo need to restart often.

tr4656

Okay hanks, this makes way more sense hehe. But still great for me - gotta see which Jewel i need most. But depending on your luck this might be quite the stamina waste if yoo need to restart often.

Like the fruit and noel dungeons, you'll probably never get the one you need the most.

Quantum

Moar Hello Kitty?

- The game is more fun initially and becomes a complete grind as you approach end game
- instead of being able to play multiple teams as you get to end game you have to grind each at the same rate - much like starting a new mmorpg character without a boost.
- ranking slows down, skill-up just plain sucks, exp farming and tamadras becomes boring and is what has me playing much less frequently.
- end game dungeons are being designed just to take stones back.

- The last really neat thing in the game (to me) was the Chibis (which I did spend $ on), since then I'm still in the process of skilling up my hermes and amons, I then plan on working on a red team, would love to say I'm looking forward to working on a new team, but the grind is ever present.

- The slightly increased exp from pendras is nice but not enough.
- double the exp from noels is great, I have no noels.

Exp Farming and skilling should be easier with higher ranks - after rank 300 I guarantee a player is addicted enough to set up and work through multiple teams - given the amount of teams I was to play through and set up trial runs I feel ripped off that to level 4 teams costs 4x what I've invested thus far.

hermit7

Going for dark for the free jewel. Will then evo kagutsuchi to Awoken and throw him on my red Dragon team.

Just need some more tamas and some red experience. Probably stone super ruby because I need to finish levelling minerva hera ur kagutsuchi and Lelian.

linsivvi

So they skipped the V-day event and go straight to CNY event. The ??? dungeon should be Zhao Yun so the 3K pal machine will come very soon.

Coin dungeons for sure give better exp to stam than kog. I still can't farm it brainlessly like i do kog tho.

That is why Jody and I have been plugging Beelzebub so much. You can use it to farm the alt dungeons with a completely farmable team relatively brainlessly. I evolved him the first day it was available and never looked back.

- instead of being able to play multiple teams as you get to end game you have to grind each at the same rate - much like starting a new mmorpg character without a boost.
- ranking slows down, skill-up just plain sucks, exp farming and tamadras becomes boring and is what has me playing much less frequently.
You should probably already have two+ usable teams by that point. Starting a new team from scratch does take a while but once you have a solid team, you only have to make tweaks and slight improvements.

Skillups indeed suck and is the bane of the game.

Coin dungeons for sure give better exp to stam than kog. I still can't farm it brainlessly like i do kog tho.
With the exception of some of the high defense enemies like masks and metal dragons, they aren't much harder than KoG. No dupes requirement for alt normals may be annoying depending on what you usually run though.

Maid

Banned
You should probably already have two+ usable teams by that point. Starting a new team from scratch does take a while but once you have a solid team, you only have to make tweaks and slight improvements.

Skillups indeed suck and is the bane of the game.

I was playing another GungHo's recent game, Summon Board, and the game has the same goddamn skill up system.

Seems like they don't have the intent of changing that soon.

Summons Board looks interesting but I'm already maxed up on smartphone games I can handle playing simultaneously, plus there's MH4U tomorrow... if I drop a game in the future I"ll pick it up though.

J0dy77

Summons Board looks interesting but I'm already maxed up on smartphone games I can handle playing simultaneously, plus there's MH4U tomorrow... if I drop a game in the future I"ll pick it up though.

You getting the new 3ds Cosmo? I shouldn't be this so excited for this console. Can't wait for mh4 with that c stick.

J0dy77

So they skipped the V-day event and go straight to CNY event. The ??? dungeon should be Zhao Yun so the 3K pal machine will come very soon.

That is why Jody and I have been plugging Beelzebub so much. You can use it to farm the alt dungeons with a completely farmable team relatively brainlessly. I evolved him the first day it was available and never looked back.

Yup, been plugging away at coin dungeons all week. With the no dupe restriction the dungeons were made for Beelzebub/ronia.

Side note: only fruit dragon I don't have is melon. How painful will it be burning stamina for him? I hope the make a mega fruit dragon one day that combines them all.

jay23

Yup, been plugging away at coin dungeons all week. With the no dupe restriction the dungeons were made for Beelzebub/ronia.

Side note: only fruit dragon I don't have is melon. How painful will it be burning stamina for him? I hope the make a mega fruit dragon one day that combines them all.

Completely random, you might get it on your first try or it might take a day or two worth of stam.

Sidenote is there an easy ronia team to clear Thursday mythical?

J0dy77

Completely random, you might get it on your first try or it might take a day or two worth of stam.

Sidenote is there an easy ronia team to clear Thursday mythical?

I meant that I was bracing for the inevitable dumping of hundreds of stamina until he shows up. It's going to be painful.

jay23

Oops yea it's gonna be a pain. And I like that idea, I'm sure most long time players have dupes from all the gifts.

Quantum

Have you been running the coin dungeons, Quantum? A high rank JP player I know swears by them for rank and fodder exp and runs them non-stop.

I haven't been - I've run a bunch but I hadn't considered using them for ranking (or fodder)

I have quite a few functional teams. I was trying to say that at my level of time invested (not to mention $) I'd like to be able to play different ways with many more teams. I have a collection that can support at least 15 or so unique and interesting teams at this point - I'll never be able to level and get teams I'd like to mess around with because its just a waste of time due to insane leveling/skilling/plusing requirements.

further - the argument I was trying to make - if you are rank 300 you are hooked already - I don't think increasing the rank/exp/skill gain makes things much easier, it allows players to try new teams and would likely get me to spend more to create even more teams.

You getting the new 3ds Cosmo? I shouldn't be this so excited for this console. Can't wait for mh4 with that c stick.

I was fortunate enough to land a majora's mask version - can't wait to use it.

I have quite a few functional teams. I was trying to say that at my level of time invested (not to mention $) I'd like to be able to play different ways with many more teams. I have a collection that can support at least 15 or so unique and interesting teams at this point - I'll never be able to level and get teams I'd like to mess around with because its just a waste of time due to insane leveling/skilling/plusing requirements.

further - the argument I was trying to make - if you are rank 300 you are hooked already - I don't think increasing the rank/exp/skill gain makes things much easier, it allows players to try new teams and would likely get me to spend more to create even more teams.
F2P games are always going to be about restrictions though - how else are they going to make money off players? Players who have invested a ton of time/$$$ into the game have shown that they are willing to jump through the hoops (whether through patience or IAP) to reach their ingame goals. Easing the requirements for these players will just allow them to burn through the remaining content more quickly, getting bored, and quitting the game. Yeah, some players will eventually tire of the grind and quit anyway but banking on those players to gut it out is a better bet than hoping new content will outpace higher rank players with streamlined capabilities. I mean, Gungho is already fighting an uphill battle by resorting to more and more power creep to keep things interesting to those with hypermaxed teams. It's counterproductive to lower the difficulty even further for high rank players (unless a lot of them start quitting because of the unbearable grind or something).

tr4656

I didn't know about it. Not like it helps much, but that's not bad to encourage new people. There are many things in Summon Board I'd love to see in PAD, like mission reward.

I mean Skill Lv 1 -> 2 for all monsters. Totally agree on the wanting stuff from Summons board though, mission reward and the guild system are great.

colinp

Banned
First run: Leilan (boo!)
Second run: Kirin (bingo!)

One step closer to uaevo my LValk! Looks like I'll actually spend time (and stonesif necessary) trying to get a green Jewel this go around.

J0dy77

Went in blind to holy beasts expecting to see a fruit dragon, ended up with Kirin. Only need the light jewel to evolve Neptune, good PAD morning. That's the only jewel I need.

For once groggy early morning pad worked out.

Top Bottom