• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Too many surveys flying around JP atm, apparently I forgot about the Twitter survey that's ending soon. Green Fairy and... some red mon I forgot are the current front runners.

J0dy77

Rolled once in the FoTN REM just to collect, got Mamiya which im pretty happy about. Good awakenings and seems like she'll be a good fit for certain teams/dungeons.

Everything else about this Collab feels like crap. The boss drop is completely useless. I guess you could use him as a poor man's lu bu lead with Ronia but really awful active skill.

These last two collabs seem like pure money grabs, I mean when was the last time you saw Superman or Supergirl on your friend list? Still pissed I wasted 20 stones in the superman REM for nothing even close to usable (i get angry every time i see the batgirl/catwoman in my box).

smbu2000

Rolled once in the FoTN REM just to collect, got Mamiya which im pretty happy about. Good awakenings and seems like she'll be a good fit for certain teams/dungeons.

Everything else about this Collab feels like crap. The boss drop is completely useless. I guess you could use him as a poor man's lu bu lead with Ronia but really awful active skill.

These last two collabs seem like pure money grabs, I mean when was the last time you saw Superman or Supergirl on your friend list? Still pissed I wasted 20 stones in the superman REM for nothing even close to usable (i get angry every time i see the batgirl/catwoman in my box).
The boss could be useful, unevolved. He has decent stats, a pretty easy to activate leader skill (fire and dark for 3x attack) and his cost is only 12. I'm planning on leaving mine as-is, and skilling him up while trying to collect skill ups for REM Raoh.

Having to evolve these just isn't doing it for me though. I picked up a gamble Mage in the last GF, but I'm not going to bother trying to skill him up.

I'm very glad that they doubled the amount of xp you get from Noels. I got my LKali leveled up and quickly leveled my Raoh.

linsivvi

So what's the best roll from the collab?

Ken is a ~4.2x combo lead with RCV boost and double 2-prong, and can be paired with Horus even if you don't have Ken on your friendlist. Toki is a decent alternative to L. Meta, Roah is a pretty good Ronia sub.

They are all rare rolls though....

J0dy77

The boss could be useful, unevolved. He has decent stats, a pretty easy to activate leader skill (fire and dark for 3x attack) and his cost is only 12. I'm planning on leaving mine as-is, and skilling him up while trying to collect skill ups for REM Raoh.

Having to evolve these just isn't doing it for me though. I picked up a gamble Mage in the last GF, but I'm not going to bother trying to skill him up.

I'm very glad that they doubled the amount of xp you get from Noels. I got my LKali leveled up and quickly leveled my Raoh.

I guess, I have Darkseid already for this roll with a full devil team of low cost units. They're still not as good as the chaser teams.

Toki is a decent alternative to L. Meta.

The high Cooldown is the problem here but i can see your point.

Ducarmel

Got Toki first gold egg I got from Collab/Special Gatcha.

Don't know what to do with him.

edit:

Is it just me or the game has no incentive to play with match color or combo leaders.

I have not played in a while maybe its the current events but 90% of my friends list is x2.5/3/4 atk type leaders.

Maybe I just need better friends.

J0dy77

Got Toki first gold egg I got from Collab/Special Gatcha.

Don't know what to do with him.

edit:

Is it just me or the game has no incentive to play with match color or combo leaders.

I have not played in a while maybe its the current events but 90% of my friends list is x2.5/3/4 atk type leaders.

The game has shifted completely, combo leads are in need of some major love. It just isn't worth running them anymore.

There's a few major problems.

-No HP and RCV bonuses, the mono teams are running 40k HP and can recover all of it with 2 sets of hearts.
- Controlling damage. There is no way to easily take out lesser mobs like mono teams. It's either 20x damager and wipiing the board or tickling mulitple mobs and wiping.
- The orb troll is real. You can play perfectly to the boss and wind up with 3 turns and missing one orb of one specific color to activate and it doesn't come. Game over.

Very specific orb changers are needed for this teams and the lesser HP/RCV and burst potential leave them way behind. It's a shame because I miss that playstyle.

The game has shifted completely, combo leads are in need of some major love. It just isn't worth running them anymore.

-No HP and RCV bonuses, the mono teams are running 40k HP and can recover all of it with 2 sets of hearts.
- Controlling damage. There is no way to easily take out lesser mobs like mono teams. It's either 20x damager and wipiing the board or tickling mulitple mobs and wiping.
- The orb troll is real. You can play perfectly to the boss and wind up with 3 turns and missing one orb of one specific color to activate and it doesn't come. Game over.

Very specific orb changers are needed for this teams and the lesser HP/RCV and burst potential leave them way behind. It's a shame because I miss that playstyle.
Isn't this exactly what they're trying to address with the latest pantheons? Egypt 2.0 are all combo gods with small HP/RCV boosts, Archangel 2.0 are mixed multiplier with small combo boosts, and FotNS are hero good with small HP/RCV boosts.

Row enhances opened the door for less skilled leads to shine and then revamped TPA opened the floodgates. Who needs to meet certain leader activation requirements when you can just mush sets of 4 together to clear floors? So the best solution is more Wadatsumi-type restrictions! Or combo shields on every floor :lol.

Or perhaps a new mechanic: rainbow shield - absorbs all damage if monocolor, 50% damage reduction if bicolor, 25% damage reduction if tricolor

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Hehe so true, im not a pro in anyway but just looking at this thread and the Friendlist...i dont see many 25x leader. They are probably still the best way for beginner Non-IAP to clear Descs without a bunch of REM units.....

Still working my U&Y team though - one step at a time. Just hit +17K HP including Friendleader. Big deal for me, but nothing compared to the +30K Beezlebuub/Ronia/LuBu teams you see here....crazy xD

I will look for more U&Y friend though once i beefed him up a bit more.

True, though the last point isnt that big of an issue with U&Y imo. Controlling damage can be pain though, once you arrive at the boss stage all is good...but getting there is often work.

Just waiting to Ult Evo Sun Quan, Kushi and Grodin. If i could get my hands on D.Kali i would be set in terms of U%Y.

tr4656

Because people can't combo or match colors easily. Orb troll is semi-real and just in terms of time efficiency, its just faster to use Ronia instead of Bastet just for example.

J0dy77

Isn't this exactly what they're trying to address with the latest pantheons? Egypt 2.0 are all combo gods with small HP/RCV boosts, Archangel 2.0 are mixed multiplier with small combo boosts, and FotNS are hero good with small HP/RCV boosts.

Yeah the new burst Gods are a step in the right direction but still don't address the other items, primarily orb trolling and burst potentail. My comments were geared more towards the older combo leads, Kirin, Horus, Durga, Isis, DQXQ. Hopefully they do something to help those leads out down the road so they aren't left behind.

Maid

Banned

They are addressing the first 2 problems already. The last one is a huge pain, though. There is nothing feels worse than bringing Sakuya into descend, just to get orb trolled by the first board and got smashed in the first turn. At least give us the full color first board or something.

Btw, I'm seriously lacking Beelzebub friends. I thought he's the new hotness, but apparently not many people have him. Still need 7 more Tamadra for my Beelzebub, too.

seady

- The new Egyptian gods are all about boosting the HP/Recovery of those combo or multi-orbs leaders. Christmas Kirin is similar with HP boost and Healer type. Even Ultimate Evo for Okuninushi has recovery boost. The Ultimate Evo for DQ&XQ will most likely have those boost as well (or at least matches Goku of the Japanese version in terms of multiplier).

- For your second point, I agree with you and I think they should make more combo or multi-orbs leaders that increase damage with more combos or colors you match (like the Ultimate Evo for Isis and Bastet), that way we will see more patterns in the damage amount.

- As for your third point, both Kali are there to solve those orb troll problems. The new Angel gods also have skills that give you the exact color you need for U&Y and Durga. I bet they will have a monster that give orbs that matches Kirin later.

Yeah the new burst Gods are a step in the right direction but still don't address the other items, primarily orb trolling and burst potentail. My comments were geared more towards the older combo leads, Kirin, Horus, Durga, Isis, DQXQ. Hopefully they do something to help those leads out down the road so they aren't left behind.

I hope GGY gets dragon typing somehow so that he can be paired with Gronia. She lacks something like Lu Bu or Beelz that she can pair with to meet hp thresholds.

J0dy77

- The new Egyptian gods are all about boosting the HP/Recovery of those combo or multi-orbs leaders. Christmas Kirin is similar with HP boost and Healer type. Even Ultimate Evo for Okuninushi has recovery boost. The Ultimate Evo for DQ&XQ will most likely have those boost as well (or at least matches Goku of the Japanese version in terms of multiplier).

- For your second point, I agree with you and I think they should make more combo or multi-orbs leaders that increase damage with more combos or colors you match (like the Ultimate Evo for Isis and Bastet), that way we will see more patterns in the damage amount.

- As for your third point, both Kali are there to solve those orb troll problems. The new Angel gods also have skills that give you the exact color you need for U&Y and Durga. I bet they will have a monster that give orbs that matches Kirin later.

Not everyone has a Kali, it's hard to base the success of teams on getting one REM pull.

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not trying to say the new combo leads are bad or combo leads are useless. There are fixes for every team that can push them over the top. Look at George's disgustingly strong Kirin team. It's is just much easier to build the Mono devil/god teams these days. They seem to have infinite subs that fit different situations and a majority of them are farmed cards. I just want them to make more subs for the combo teams to avoid the orb troll and find bigger burst potential. When they started adding preemptive shield to every boss battle it makes it hard for teams that can't OTK. With my current devil team I have three homerun abilities that I can use at any time

My hope is that Durga and DQXQ get some HP/RCV love, I have a lot of hope for my Durga team with her ultimate evo. I'm just not going back until they give them a boost.

Edit: Speaking of Grand Sonia, what's the ideal team for her? I really want to build a dragon team around her. Seems like Zeus-V would be an amazing fit.

Speaking of Durga,

tprSYNal.jpg

I have high hopes for this team, just need to get more levels on everything.

Okamid3n

Rolled Mamiya which is exactly what I wanted. Most useful card in the collab for me and my fire-heavy lineups.

Decent rcv for my rcv-hungry team, skill boost, fire row, 20% dark damage reduction, skill-lock resist, jammer clear...

I can now make a pretty good 100% skill lock resist team with 5 rows.

Skilling her up though...ehh, I don't know if it's worth all the piis.

hermit7

Rolled Mamiya which is exactly what I wanted. Most useful card in the collab for me and my fire-heavy lineups.

Decent rcv for my rcv-hungry team, skill boost, fire row, 20% dark damage reduction, skill-lock resist, jammer clear...

I can now make a pretty good 100% skill lock resist team with 5 rows.

Skilling her up though...ehh, I don't know if it's worth all the piis.

Rolled one as well. May be worth the investment for an Awoken minerva team. How would the damage reduction work?

Okamid3n

The awakenings are additive, so it will be a flat 20% reduction after the 50% reduction by Minerva.

The awakenings are additive between themselves, but the effect is applied before the leadership reduction, from what I read on other forums.

So it would be :

Damage taken from dark attacks = (1-0.05*4) * 0.5 = 0.4

So 60% damage reduction instead of 50%, if you run one Minerva.

(80% damage reduction instead of 75% if you run two Minerva)

There's not really a "before" and "after". The order doesn't matter with percentages. Once the awakenings are added together it's like having a third leader skill.

J0dy77

Logged into PAD and noticed 15 stones gone and 100 stamina missing. My three year old son decided to load up zaerog and continue to chew through my stones. /sigh

You're making poor Zaerog sad.

He isnt green though :(

Not everyone has a Kali, it's hard to base the success of teams on getting one REM pull.

My hope is that Durga and DQXQ get some HP/RCV love, I have a lot of hope for my Durga team with her ultimate evo. I'm just not going back until they give them a boost.

I'd kill a man for Kirin to get a second ultimate that closely matches her Christmas version.

razterik

Yeah, doing math during my 16 hour shift isn't the best idea, haha. The only thing I would stress is that no current leader skills provide 100% reduction, but it is possible to achieve with enough (20) awakenings.

JP now getting 2x drop rate event for coin dungeons. Perfect for surveys and rare drops. Should help alleviate the problem of piis not dropping, but won't help the low appearance rate. Don't think it does anything for Star Vault since the drop rate was always 100% there.

Voted in the ultimate survey through the app. Kirin (too many dupes), Blue Sonia, and Goemon.

He isnt green though :(

Lu Bu and Beelzebub aren't red? Green Sonia makes dark too, and Zaerog has a dark row. I will say his stats are kinda poor for that style team, but he exists.

jay23

Hope we get some pal points in the mail before that.

Also what's this about voting for new ultimates? Another jp only thing?

razterik

Yes, JP has a survey to pick one new ultimate each from normal pantheons, Godfest exclusives, and descend bosses. Part of the 3 year anniversary celebration. It's almost worth making a JP alt just to have some say in these votes.

razterik

Uh, anyone else missing the clear indicators on coin dungeons they have already completed? I went to check something and noticed they all disappeared, even on ones I know I finished before.

Edit: And now they're back. Well, that was weird.

Jagernaut

Logged into PAD and noticed 15 stones gone and 100 stamina missing. My three year old son decided to load up zaerog and continue to chew through my stones. /sigh

My kids did that twice, costing me 2-3 stones and stamina each time. Wish I could password lock the app.

I hit 750 days today and 190 stamina. Once I hit 198 I'll start running Tamadra Village. I need to awaken 4 riders + Ruka.

J0dy77

My kids did that twice, costing me 2-3 stones and stamina each time. Wish I could password lock the app.

I hit 750 days today and 190 stamina. Once I hit 198 I'll start running Tamadra Village. I need to awaken 4 riders + Ruka.

I'm waiting for the 198 mark myself or the stamina overflow update to run Tamdra Village. If you time it right with a level up you can get a bunch of runs in for a couple stones.

Top Bottom