• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Tobe

8 runs off star vault, got 6 plus eggs. Had to stone for stamina refresh, not happy. Could have gotten that from starlight. Please tell me everyone had this crap luck and Gungho forgot to turn something on.

kind off, 5 runs to get 5 plusses is really bad.

smbu2000

I do wonder why they haven't taken the DBZ collab abroad. It seems like it would be popular. I'm very happy with my Vegeta.

Anyway, I pulled some more for the second half of the Godfest.

iPad: Hatsume and Hanzo (dupe)
I guess I'm happy with this as I didn't have Hatsume before and I can always use another Hanzo. I'm just surprised that I got all Ninjas this time. Including my pull in the first half of the GF (dupe Chiyome) all three were Ninjas. They were part of the Murakore selections though at 3x appearance rates. Now I just need to skill up Hatsume and Hanzo #2. My original Chiyome and Hanzo are both max skilled.

iPhone: some garbage, Ronia, Green Wee Jas and Norn Urd
Finally, I have a Ronia on my main account. (My first Sonia on here) I'm glad she was part of the 4x appearance characters (along with Rodin, and both Kali's.) I'm glad I saved four red fruits, so I can uevo her right after evolving her.

I'm going to be needing a lot of red fruits as Urd using the same ones for her skill up. Farming them should be fun -_- she does look very usable as a leader and sub, although I probably won't get much from the water bonus. Her board change to fire, water, and hearts is definitely usable. If I put her on my Vegeta team I could make a dark, water and hearts board with Hanzo or Vegeta's skill. Not as strong as my Haku, Hanzo/Vegeta board, but still strong and with recovery as well.

Green Wee Jas looks usable too, with his 2 time extends, 2 bind blocks and bind heal. His skill is handy two as you will definitely get a bind heal in with the 1 turn delay as well. I just need to figure out where to put him...

Definitely a good GF for my iPhone as I picked up three GF only characters. Blodin in the first half and Ronia and Norn Urd in the second half. Very happy with this result.

wish i had a pandora :p i guess its not really worth it to invest in l meta.
LMeta is good and pretty flexible, but it seems more people are using Athena instead now. My LMeta friend list has dried up a lot. I haven't been using my hypermax LMeta as much as a leader lately, but she is still very good as a sub. I have her on my Vegeta team for the bind heal as well as giving me a water element. She is on my LKali team as well for the same reasons including the excellent recovery, 1160 with 99 plus eggs on RCV.

Ronia is a good choice and a popular leader. Someone more flexible might be better for now though, like Haku. She can be used on your DMeta team as well your Ronia team. On my iPad I 297'ed my Ronia first (am currently doing my DMeta), but if I had done my DMeta first then I would have gone for Haku second. Once I finish DMeta (need just under a hundred more) then I will do Haku.

I do use Ronia on my DMeta team, too. Even though she doesn't get the bonuses, she's great to one shot the boss. (Ronia, Haku, DMeta)

colinp

Banned
Never mind, need Thanatos to negate light attacks to do Sandalphon with Ronia. Hmmmmm m

Edit: maybe I can use Lu Bu/Ronia with Ganesha and Echidna as a sub to give me some time with Raphael. Hmm, I'll give it a shot when I have the stamina.

J0dy77

2 runs since I didn't bother and only two drops.

Last event was like four runs and only two drops. I have shit luck for star vault.

I've had good luck the last couple times I ran it but I'm taking a break from it going forward. The 30 stamina cost is too high and there is no exp or feeder experience benefit. I'll run ooh or starlight.

jiggle

Goodbye metal dragon dungeon... >.>;
oMaNrQD.jpg

4Tismov.jpg

0ZJCAtS.jpg

colinp

Banned
Man, my matching skills have increased such that previously daunting dungeons like Zeus-Dios are eminently doable with my Kirin team. Had to stone once on Hera but I'm certain I could zero stone it in the future.

Wish Meimei invaded though!

FZZ

Banned
AS: 45% gravity
LS: Increases ATK based on your HP, up to 3.5x. orb move time slightly increase

45% grav is fucking ridiculous, also 3 skill boosts? So with a partner, no subs, and max skilled you would have a 17 turn cool down, and after it cools down on any enemy you'd have a 69.75% gravity along with 12.25x attack if you're at max HP?

Jesus.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
That card looks nuts - dont wanna know what you have to sacrifice to get your hands on it though lol.

Thanks to Emerald Dragon i will finally be able to evolve CuChu - took me forever because of the 1.6 million exp. Now i gotta do the same for Vampire.Then evolve Big Baddie to King Baddie and Ult Evo Persephone. The Ronia team i was running last week was already kinda good...then i realized that all my subs doesnt even have the Devil subtype yet xD

Any information when we can expect the next bigger system update ? Looking forward to Stamina Overflow, Sun Quan Ult Evo and subtypes counting to the conditional dungeons - if this was live i could take on Guan Yinping!.

ZeroAKA

45% grav is fucking ridiculous, also 3 skill boosts? So with a partner, no subs, and max skilled you would have a 17 turn cool down, and after it cools down on any enemy you'd have a 69.75% gravity along with 12.25x attack if you're at max HP?

Jesus.
How many of those would you need to bring the cooldown to a max level of 23 turns though?

seady

Zeus&Hera attack does not have type limitation or HP limitation. Meaning you can use any monster type (God type like Athena or Devil type like Hera) and not have to worry about having full HP (like Zeus) to have attack multiplier.

Very flexible for creating all sort of team. Of course I would imagine people building Light-God team as it is the most obvious and strongest. It also have two-prong attack so basically the kind of team as Athena.

Jagernaut

There a non-IAP team that can tackle Athena Descended successfully? Looking through the strategy pages, I haven't come across one.

I have seen a completely farmable devil team with Satan leads.
Satan
D/W Vampire
Drawn Joker
Hera Is
King Baddie

Also teams with farmable subs but requiring Ronia or Archangel Lucifer lead.

I have seen a completely farmable devil team with Satan leads.
Satan
D/W Vampire
Drawn Joker
Hera Is
King Baddie

Also teams with farmable subs but requiring Ronia or Archangel Lucifer lead.

Kirin can also tackle Athena Descended with: Kirin/Hera-Is/Verche/Valk/Echidna/Kirin.

linsivvi

There a non-IAP team that can tackle Athena Descended successfully? Looking through the strategy pages, I haven't come across one.

What leaders do you have? Any combo leaders can take her down. Brute force the first two floors, use delay on the 3rd floor and make big combos every turn against Athena.

What leaders do you have? Any combo leaders can take her down. Brute force the first two floors, use delay on the 3rd floor and make big combos every turn against Athena.

There's really no need to brute force floor 2. Once he falls below a certain amount of health he'll alternate between a move that cuts your HP to 1%, and a move that deals a set 8912 damage (or something close to that). You can basically stall forever and charge up skills so long as you can heal 9k every other turn.

You can also stall on 3rd floor if you aren't running a rainbow team, since Siegfried will do nothing at 100% health.

Spoit

Bah, my mailbox has too many tama gifts. Anyone remember which event it was that had the fat metal king guy as a gift egg?

cw_sasuke

I think it was a Christmas gift.

It was - still the only one i own. Maybe i can use it at some point to Ult Evo Valk.

I would have two actually if the game didnt troll me with Droiddragons skill the last time lol.

Spoit

Oh oops, I had already redeemed him. I just didn't notice that he was at the top of the enhance materials list, rather than at the bottom with the other dark ones

So what's with the Flower dungeons? Are they on permanent rotation? I collected all the mats for an eventual max skill Starling, but thinking a max skill Swallowtail could be useful. 6 turn poison would be the lowest in the game with a skill boost to effectively make it 5 for initial activation.

linsivvi

There's really no need to brute force floor 2. Once he falls below a certain amount of health he'll alternate between a move that cuts your HP to 1%, and a move that deals a set 8912 damage (or something close to that). You can basically stall forever and charge up skills so long as you can heal 9k every other turn.

You can also stall on 3rd floor if you aren't running a rainbow team, since Siegfried will do nothing at 100% health.

Brute force as in combo every turn, so yeah.

So what's with the Flower dungeons? Are they on permanent rotation? I collected all the mats for an eventual max skill Starling, but thinking a max skill Swallowtail could be useful. 6 turn poison would be the lowest in the game with a skill boost to effectively make it 5 for initial activation.

They are only rotating them 4 times (last one coming up), after that they will be in coin dungeon periodically.

Jagernaut

11000593_1009960905699168_178159894916376036_n.png

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*Magic Stone Bundle!*
[Duration]: 2/18 (Wed), 12:00 AM - 2/22 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)

Typically during the Lunar New Year, the expectation is to receive red envelopes. This isn’t quite the same, but for the first time ever, users can purchase a unique Magic Stone bundle!

There are 5 Magic Stones for the price 1. Only 1 bundle may be purchased per account, so don’t miss out--those Magic Stones could go a long way!

They want non IAP people to come over to the dark side.

cw_sasuke

Didn't even knew they sell single stones lol. Did something like this happen before? Thought they never have sales on Orbs.

J0dy77

Didn't even knew they sell single stones lol. Did something like this happen before? Thought they never have sales on Orbs.

This is the first time they've ever had a deal on stones. First $1 they'll get from me in over two years.

Changing topic: 10 runs off Athena so far today and no light jewel, one skillup. Come on rng goods, this is the last jewel really need for awhile.

Jagernaut

1617427_1009961262365799_1344643742203912239_o.jpg

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 2/18 (Wed), 12:00 AM - 2/19 (Thu), 11:59 PM (PST)

Five Elements and Norse Series Gods descend at the Godfest! Their elegance and versatility cannot be overstated. These deities have become staples for various teams of their respective attributes or types!

These two series also include their 6★ evolved forms--that means even more Gods have a chance to appear!

For this Godfest, Odin is available at standard 1x Rates. Metatron, Sonia, Guan Yu, Zhuge Liang, Apocalypse, Kali, and the Norn Series are available at 3x Rates.

- Five Elements Series -
745 Incarnation of Suzaku, Leilan
747 Incarnation of Seiryuu, Karin
749 Incarnation of Genbu, Meimei
751 Incarnation of Kirin, Sakuya
753 Incarnation of Byakko, Haku

- Norse Series -
368 Freyr
370 Idunn & Idunna
372 Freyja
374 Thor
376 Loki

- Special -
362 Odin (Standard 1x Rate)
364 Odin, the War Deity (Standard 1x Rate)
1107 Phantom God Odin (Standard 1x Rate)
640 Archangel Metatron
642 Dark Angel Metatron
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
1241 Bearded Deity, Guan Yu
1243 Loyal Deity, Guan Yu
1359 Apocalypse
1372 Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1374 Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1585 Goddess of Secrets, Kali
1587 Goddess of Power, Kali
1669 The Norn Urd
1671 The Norn Verdandi
1673 The Norn Skuld

I have Haku and Karin and want all 3 of the other Chinese gods. I also have Freyja, Loki, and I&I.

No combo leaders. GZL, Umi&Yama, Blue Odin, Green Odin, Hathor, WDF Ares, Ignis CuChu, Emp Seig, and a Yamato. I don't have the subs for Umi&Yama and Hathor teams, either. Also not really confident enough to use them.

I think I'll roll a few times. I only have one from the featured pantheons, and I don't mind the low chance at Odins.

That said, putting the Norse gods right at the end of the flower dragons cycling through is a dirty move on Gungho's part.

cw_sasuke

Hmm...i could really use Meimei and DKali... Even though the chance is low I think I'll pull 3 times.

This is the first time they've ever had a deal on stones. First $1 they'll get from me in over two years.

Changing topic: 10 runs off Athena so far today and no light jewel, one skillup. Come on rng goods, this is the last jewel really need for awhile.
I'll get the 5 stones as well and use them for stamina on the next Tamadra Retreat. Will be worth it.

Maid

Banned
I have Haku and Karin and want all 3 of the other Chinese gods. I also have Freyja, Loki, and I&I.

That's a godfest that I can safely avoid. I have wanted Haku since beginning, and now I have all others 4 Chinese girls. You won't get me this time, Gungho.

Tobe

im rolling the last day of HnK. dont really need any chinese waifu. maybe mei mei for an ideal athena team but still.

cw_sasuke

Liu Bei ultimates live after restarting game. Andromeda is supposed to be up too.

Oh thats nice - still wish i would have gotten him the last time. Anyone already Ult Evo`d their Liu Bei ?

So the SunQuan Ult Evo cant be that far off anymore i hope.

Jagernaut

From puzzleanddragonsforum :

Unknown_PC
02-17-2015, 02:14 AM
Art for Beams Bear, ult Andromeda, Liu Bei, Bowl Dragons, 3K Minis just downloaded for NA client

I've been waiting for the mini 3k monsters. After using up all my pal points, I'm back up to 31 pulls. Each mini 3k pull takes 5 regular pal pulls worth of pal points, right? I need that mini Lu Bu as a Ronia sub. I could also use that Beams Bear for Athena.

Question about the mini 3ks,

Does it include copies if the godfest exclusives that are typically considered part of that pantheon?

Lot of speculation that they will hit after fist of North Star.

Top Bottom