• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

Decent day overall. Caught up with some Tamadra that were needed and awoke my second uy for his team as well as beelzebub and Awoken minerva. Even had a few to finish Valk going to run extreme for the heavy to uevo her.

Hopefully will be able to get some experience to finish levelling them both excited to sub out ronia as a lead for beelzebub.

tr4656

Vl4XPck.jpg

Anubis again. Challenge Dungeon 7 seems like it's easier than the current one on NA (Challenge Dungeon 3).

J0dy77

Last day for event, don't forget to burn your PAL points if you're close to topping off. Next event should be soon since it's close to the 15th.

I just dumped ten stones this morning. Rumor is that the 3k rem was data mined out of the last update. Hopefully we get it for valentine's day, would seem to fit that time frame.

Had some extra stamina before a level up and was going to farm a regular Zeus to start skilling him up. Accidentally went into Zeus vulcan. Guess beelzebub can clear that too:

AkJTLxT.jpg

Kyu

Neo Member
I just dumped ten stones this morning. Rumor is that the 3k rem was data mined out of the last update. Hopefully we get it for valentine's day, would seem to fit that time frame.

Had some extra stamina before a level up and was going to farm a regular Zeus to start skilling him up. Accidentally went into Zeus vulcan. Guess beelzebub can clear that too:

AkJTLxT.jpg

I just cleared it with almost the same team. Used a gryps rider instead of Persephone.

I hate when a bicolor active gives you two big blobs like that. I'm sure Hades' extra 5 sec helps though lol. Still need to evolve my base Hades and Gaia for Awoken Hades.

Gotta decide tonight whether to bother going for a Starling. Don't really have anything that needs it but it looks cool.

linsivvi

I bet they are saving it for the Chinese New Year event, which is right after Valentine's Day.

Really? What's a good team lineup?

Yeah, did it all 3 rounds of challenge dungeons so far.

This time I used:
Beelzebub
Haku
Hera
Vampire
Baddie
Ronia

Stall for as long as you need on the first floor.

Yeah, did it all 3 rounds of challenge dungeons so far.

This time I used:
Beelzebub
Haku
Hera
Vampire
Baddie
Ronia

Stall for as long as you need on the first floor.
You beat this C10 with this team? I haven't tried it yet and this is the last day for it. Trying to decide if I should go for a safer 0-stone attempt that may end-up not even working and wasting time, or go for a more offensive team to brute force it with minimal stones.

linsivvi

You beat this C10 with this team? I haven't tried it yet and this is the last day for it. Trying to decide if I should go for a safer 0-stone attempt that may end-up not even working and wasting time, or go for a more offensive team to brute force it with minimal stones.

No, challenge 9 only.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I think the game just wants me to stop playing at this point. What the hell....

So i level up and evo Droiddragon just so i can take on dungeons like Revenge of the King Dragons. Started the stage, stalled enough for his active to be up...used it on the final stage, attack the boss - 9 damage, he attack im dead.

What the hell ?
LLShC.gif

I just dont get....i thought this skill bring enemy def down to zero ? What a waste of time and stamina.
Especially after being trolled on Challenge Dungeon Lvl 5 yesterday, got destroyed on Stage 8 when the games threw 3 synched Pys at me
TadkV.gif

Only thing missing now is my team also getting owned on the Wednesday Sacred Mask after the work i put in....that would justify a break from the game.

xCobalt

So i level up and evo Droiddragon just so i can take on dungeons like Revenge of the King Dragons. Started the stage, stalled enough for his active to be up...used it on the final stage, attack the boss - 9 damage, he attack im dead.

What the hell ?
LLShC.gif

I just dont get....i thought this skill bring enemy def down to zero ? What a waste of time and stamina.

I'm guessing you didn't kill the boss the turn you used the ability. Then you did a regular combo on the second turn which only did 9 damage. Droiddragon's defense break only lasts 1 turn.

hermit7

What the hell ?
LLShC.gif

Especially after being trolled on Challenge Dungeon Lvl 5 yesterday, got destroyed on Stage 8 when the games threw 3 synched Pys at me
TadkV.gif

Only thing missing now is my team also getting owned on the Wednesday Sacred Mask after the work i put in....that would justify a break from the game.

I guess it doesn't matter that much now but what team did you use? I tried powering through it last time and was less successful. This time I ran 2 Def breaks (shiva/Droid Dragon) along with grodin lead. Popped the first defense break when available swept and then the final floor used the second one after the preemptive and used grodin for a one shot kill. Another option would be use a poison for the first floors and then Droid dragon/grodin.

jiggle

Why even risk it with normal attacks
Round 1 stall
Round 2 darkseid
Round 3 Lilith
Round 4 bane
Round 5 droid dragon + grodin

What the hell ?
LLShC.gif

TadkV.gif

Exfat's pre-emptive cancels the def break

cw_sasuke

I'm guessing you didn't kill the boss the turn you used the ability. Then you did a regular combo on the second turn which only did 9 damage. Droiddragon's defense break only lasts 1 turn.

Nope, i attacked the same turn i used the Ability. 16x GZL attack with a TPA ....i cant explain why it didnt work...it should have.
I guess it doesn't matter that much now but what team did you use? I tried powering through it last time and was less successful. This time I ran 2 Def breaks (shiva/Droid Dragon) along with grodin lead. Popped the first defense break when available swept and then the final floor used the second one after the preemptive and used grodin for a one shot kill. Another option would be use a poison for the first floors and then Droid dragon/grodin.

GZL/Grodin/Kushi/TopDroid/ADK/GZL

Man i just dont get why the defense break didnt work, from what i read on PDX the boss doesnt put up a shield against these attacks. Sad thing is that i had Odins active ready as well, but i doubt it would have made a dent if +500K regular dmg couldnt do the trick.

Why even risk it with normal attacks
Round 1 stall
Round 2 darkseid
Round 3 Lilith
Round 4 bane
Round 5 droid dragon + grodin

Well i couldnt anticipate the game cheating me.

Exfat's pre-emptive cancels the def break

I used the Droid Active skill on the final stage i didnt need it before with GZL 16x attacks. U used Search after Hangry from the Boss was used and attacked on the same turn....0 dmg.

Man i really need an explanation for this because...there must be some mechanic in place i didnt know about. Is there any reason why a defense break attack wouldnt work besides a Enemy having a shield up?

ZeroAKA

I now have 5 of these ugly metal dragons in my box, but I can't do anything with them because I don't have the jewels needed to evolve my Valks, :(

Sasuke did you use GZL's skill after TopDroid's? If so you wiped away the 100% defense break and replaced it with a 50%. That's my guess.

Man i really need an explanation for this because...there must be some mechanic in place i didnt know about. Is there any reason why a defense break attack wouldnt work besides a Enemy having a shield up?
Did you use GZL's active right after Droidragon's? GZL's half-defense break may override Droidragon's 0-defense break.

Maid

Banned
I now have 5 of these ugly metal dragons in my box, but I can't do anything with them because I don't have the jewels needed to evolve my Valks, :(

We need the x1.5 invade rate back.

I could just feed them for exp, I guess. They give a nice chunk of exp for dark mobs and I still need to grind for my Beelzebub/Awoken Hades.

cw_sasuke

Sasuke did you use GZL's skill after TopDroid's? If so you wiped away the 100% defense break and replaced it with a 50%. That's my guess.
Did you use GZL's active right after Droidragon's? GZL's half-defense break may override Droidragon's 0-defense break.
Quite sure didn't, because there was no need to my dmg was high enough and his Def already on zero. But at the end it does seem to be the only possible explanation.... But I knew it would override Top Droids defense break, so weird. Wished I had recorded the stage.

On the stage before the boss I used GZLs active and when I sweeped the enemies there, I think the defense break symbol was still up on the Exfat boss even after his preemptive.

Used Topdroidragon search skill and attacked. I just don't get it....

2015-02-09-05-46-061exih.png

zoku88

Ended up beating it using my GZL paired with someone else's Uevo Athena. Used GZL's active at the finale and relied on my friend's Athena dual prong to get me through (I was pretty scared for a second, haha.)

I probably should have evolved my Droid so that I could pass without thinking...

EDIT: I don't really have much of a use for these things... My light Valk is surpased by my chibi valk anyway, and I only use blue valk for that Guan Yingping dungeon, haha...

I think these are the most stones I've ever saved up. 34 so far. Waiting on whatever my best chance is for a Hanzo. He is THE monster I need. Him and a D valk.

razterik

Uh, can they finish Pandora first? I don't want people wasting a vote chance on already upcoming ultimates.

Challenge 10 notes:
Really wanted to run double Hanzo/Byakko, but not enough HP eggs to take a hit from Hera-Ur, so hyper max Pandora stole a slot. Didn't get the red orb change first hit, but thankfully had enough already for Hanzo and Dark Tron to get past first stage.

Died to DQ Hera preemptive, 1st stone. Took a hit, Pandora and Dark Tron for kill. Healed up going into Olympios, so had a turn to tank and clear orbs for dark. One dark row and some combos took him down. Beelzebub ate Hanzo/Byakko for instant death.

Poked and healed on Athena for a couple turns, got lucky she never used Storm Punisher because it would have killed me before Dark Tron actives returned. Eventually had this board, although I might have been better off using Byakko.
That little sliver, damn. Instant death to Starburst, 2nd stone. Was a little worried after reviving that I wouldn't be able to down her without 16x and she would keep killing me in one shot. Thankfully it was just long enough for Hanzo to come back for Byakko and I had enough rows and raw damage to finish her off.

Had Pandora up, but skill bind kept me from using her. Spent my 3rd stone after she stole all my saved heart orbs on my third turn of stalling. All actives back and I unloaded everything for overkill.

Net -2 stones, but totally worth it for re-hyper max ultimate Dark Tron. Time to start putting Badpys into something else, maybe D/L Batman or Beelzebub.

Good stuff Raz. Been so busy I didn't even get to clear C10 in time. It was between Ronia/Beelz or a DTron team. I entered with Ronia/Beelz because I was sitting at max stam from not playing all day. Dungeon expired before I got back to it, but I figured I'd see how far I could get without stoning. Couldn't even last 6 turns against the Dancing Queen. Lol.

razterik

So second week of North Star collab in JP will be updated to have a rare chance for evolved drops in the two highest difficulties. The fuck is this rare chance, just make them always drop evolved. We're already fighting the skill up odds for these terrible drops. If all collab skill ups are like this now, I'm never bothering with anything else.

J0dy77

So second week of North Star collab in JP will be updated to have a rare chance for evolved drops in the two highest difficulties. The fuck is this rare chance, just make them always drop evolved. We're already fighting the skill up odds for these terrible drops. If all collab skill ups are like this now, I'm never bothering with anything else.

Are any of the farmable mobs even worth it? I'm taking a look and nothing really impresses me.

Hige

I'm putting a lot less effort into skill ups lately because of the shit rates. The time I've spent leveling and evolving survey dungeon drops just for a couple of skill ups is maddening. I'm at 2/19 on LMeta and 2/26 on Haku. I know, RNG and all, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating.

The weekday dungeons aren't any better; I'm always in need of red dragon fruits (EVERYTHING uses it as an evo material, ugh), and now that I can make use of green dragon fruits for Verdandi, of course blue fruits drop 75% of the time.

am_dragon

Quite sure didn't, because there was no need to my dmg was high enough and his Def already on zero. But at the end it does seem to be the only possible explanation.... But I knew it would override Top Droids defense break, so weird. Wished I had recorded the stage.

On the stage before the boss I used GZLs active and when I sweeped the enemies there, I think the defense break symbol was still up on the Exfat boss even after his preemptive.

Used Topdroidragon search skill and attacked. I just don't get it....

2015-02-09-05-46-061exih.png

I used Shiva not the driodragon, but on that stage I used Shiva, then Odin, that will kill him, I didn't even take a turn. FYI for next time.

cw_sasuke

I even had Odin ready, so yeah I could have used him if I had known the game would screw me over... I've learned my lesson.

Would you recommend Hill of Iris Rainbow for Dub Myth hunting Mondays? Have done it 4 times and he hasn't shown up yet... Making me wonder if the pdx data is even correct.

raiot

Don't plan for dub Myth on technicals, if you really, absolutely need to have a dub today, farm it, but don't expect it to drop soon. If you can wait, just do it on Friday...

cw_sasuke

Don't plan for dub Myth on technicals, if you really, absolutely need to have a dub today, farm it, but don't expect it to drop soon. If you can wait, just do it on Friday...

Hehe thanks i figured considering i have yet to see one of them. Guess KotG and Friday Dunegons are still the best spots.

Uthred

YOLO pull, Shin, ugh

Pulled on my alt account, got Toki, he can sit there with the two Ronias on that never played account mocking my main account

If evolved drops start happening during special times I MIGHT go through a couple of runs to try and get some gamble mage skill ups. As it is though, I don't need anything from this collab.

And seriously eff not dropping evolved on highest difficulty, I thought after the Japan prefecture based and ECO Collab we were done with this stuff...

I have zero desire to evolve and try skill ups on L.meta and Haku, and I actually USE those... Why would I do this for monster I could care less about?

Rolled once and got a Souther, might go again toward the end of the collab if I get back to 30 stones before then. Not really impressed with any of these monsters, REM or dungeon; Shu would be an okay sub for my GZL team, but other than that I'm wondering why I'd bother.

Top Bottom