• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Quantum

F2P games are always going to be about restrictions though - how else are they going to make money off players? Players who have invested a ton of time/$$$ into the game have shown that they are willing to jump through the hoops (whether through patience or IAP) to reach their ingame goals. Easing the requirements for these players will just allow them to burn through the remaining content more quickly, getting bored, and quitting the game. Yeah, some players will eventually tire of the grind and quit anyway but banking on those players to gut it out is a better bet than hoping new content will outpace higher rank players with streamlined capabilities. I mean, Gungho is already fighting an uphill battle by resorting to more and more power creep to keep things interesting to those with hypermaxed teams. It's counterproductive to lower the difficulty even further for high rank players (unless a lot of them start quitting because of the unbearable grind or something).

- excellent points
- Gungho is taking in money hand over fist, so its working.

I might be playing differently then most "whales", I was really liking setting up different teams and trying the same dungeons to see how randomly I could get through a challenge.

I was burned out on content awhile ago - before I max skilled my FAL, if I was just here for the content I wouldn't be as unhappy about not being able to try different teams, in fact I don't think I would still be playing or reading this forum.

The power creep really it part of the problem - so much more effort and energy has to go into planning a team to try new things that I just don't have the effort and have found myself running the same teams - the same content.

As for Erasing the requirements - I am not suggesting this at all - my explanation was to increase the exp and skill-up ratio as rank increases (or set a bar that you have to get to) - If someone makes it to rank 300 - IMHO - they aren't quitting anytime soon and are more likely to run the same content in unique ways and would likely invest more knowing that they could hypermax their second, third and fourth teams.

Why hypermax a third team after a second - certainly not for content.

smbu2000

Been playing a lot of coin dungeons this week. With 2x drop rates, it's great for picking up a lot of drops, and experience for ranking up. I've been trying for badpys and finally got 1 to appear and drop.

Finally able to max skill my Vegeta, yay! Final Flash!
Now I just need to finish giving him plus eggs.
IMG_4460_vegetaskmax_zpsgg1h5kg1.jpg

Start of the new Godfest.
Pulled once on my iPad and picked up a dupe Chiyome.

Pulled twice on my iPhone and picked up a Masamune and a Blodin. I'm happy about the Blodin as that completes my Odin collection. I have 2 Reds, 2 Greens and now a Blue one.

Masamune doesn't seem that bad, but his skill is weird. He's normally W/W and it turns his attributes to Water (for 1 turn) in addition to boosting attackers to 1.5x attack for 1 turn.

His leader skill as well, HP50% or more water based cards have 3.5x attack power. So he only get an attack boost from his leader skill when he uses his active skill...

The power creep really it part of the problem - so much more effort and energy has to go into planning a team to try new things that I just don't have the effort and have found myself running the same teams - the same content.

As for Erasing the requirements - I am not suggesting this at all - my explanation was to increase the exp and skill-up ratio as rank increases (or set a bar that you have to get to) - If someone makes it to rank 300 - IMHO - they aren't quitting anytime soon and are more likely to run the same content in unique ways and would likely invest more knowing that they could hypermax their second, third and fourth teams.

Why hypermax a third team after a second - certainly not for content.
Yeah, it seems like the coin dungeons were designed to be a compromise to address those concerns while keeping players playing.

As for playing after completing all of the content, I feel like the grind of retreading old content in games is tolerable as long as I enjoy the core gameplay. Grinding just so I can grind harder/faster or so I get a pretty graphic is when I would step away.

Challenge plays into it as well (in which achieving a hypermaxed team would actually make things worse). At some point, if the core gameplay is fun enough, player imposed challenges may be the best way to make the game feel fresh.

Tobe

Vegeta and killua are the best dark monster we are never going to get. To be honest i dlnt get why we dlnt gdt tje dbz collab it would be a no brainer to get the collab states side and kt would attract a lot of peoole to play the game.

Jagernaut

Dark/Water Batman is pretty close to Killua. Lower atk multiplier but better active, and >80% hp is easier to maintain than full hp.

We should have got DBZ though, it's much more popular than HunterXHunter.

Vegeta and killua are the best dark monster we are never going to get. To be honest i dlnt get why we dlnt gdt tje dbz collab it would be a no brainer to get the collab states side and kt would attract a lot of peoole to play the game.

Different rights holder in the states than in Japan is the reason I've seen being tossed around.

Ducarmel

200 stamina spent to finally get my first jewel of darkness ever.

I can busty my Ronia who I am growing to hate.

edit: :( I'm not going to get skill ups am I when I busty Ronia

ZeroAKA

edit: :( I'm not going to get skill ups am I when I busty Ronia
You can always wait for the skill to change back. If it makes you feel any better, I'm probably 0/15 on Ronia skill-ups. >.<

I finally got the Light Jewel that I needed to busty Athena and got up to floor 49 in the Endless Corridor with a minimal effort light-heavy God team. I can't even imagine how how much wreckage she could do with an ideal team.

What's your farming team for Fagan?
LZL, DQXQ, LValk, 2xEchidna, LZL.

It might work with LMeta for one or both leaders, but that's a big hit to damage and could affect a couple of the stages. I think I failed maybe 5 times throughout the whole process, and only one of them wasn't my fault (crazy skyfalls broke the Tamas defense when I needed to stall).

ccbfan

Ronia
vs
Minerva
vs
Beez

Who should I use my Dark Jewel on?

Ronia is the best Evo but non-Evo Ronia is almost as good plus saving the red fruits when the skills change back might be a good idea.

Ran Beez partner a few times and he's awesome with my Ronia. Having my own Beez allows me to run Beez, Ronia, Batman, Haku, Dark Blob, partner Ronia.

Minvera is like Beez but for Red parties and levels with tough dark and light monsters,

Also anyone else not bother to evo their baby tamas anymore? They so easy to get and spending the stamina to get 2 flowers 1 fruit and 1 yellow orb seems not worth it at all.

linsivvi

Ronia
vs
Minerva
vs
Beez

Ronia is the best Evo but non-Evo Ronia is almost as good plus saving the red fruits when the skills change back might be a good idea.

Ran Beez partner a few times and he's awesome with my Ronia. Having my own Beez allows me to run Beez, Ronia, Batman, Haku, Dark Blob, partner Ronia.

Minvera is like Beez but for Red parties and levels with tough dark and light monsters,

Also anyone else not bother to evo their baby tamas anymore? They so easy to get and spending the stamina to get 2 flowers 1 fruit and 1 yellow orb seems not worth it at all.

I don't evolve baby tamadras any more. 50 stamina in average gets you more than 1 awakening already.

You should evolve all 3 of them, but it's way easier to find Ronia friends than Beelzebub friends.

Narras

Does anyone have a recommendation on which jewel I should aim for?

I already have a one Blue Jewel and a Green Jewel. I was aiming to evolve my Athena but, ever since I got Beelzebub, I've been thinking it would be better to just hold off until I could get lucky and gather all the jewels and evolve him instead since I mostly run Red Sonia.

Ronia is the one to do BUT wait until the skill reverts back. I have been slaving for weeks to get those four red fruits (I went six green fruit drops in a row yesterday... SIX!) and I do not want to waste potential skill ups.

Minerva is awesome, and I am glad I "awoke" her. She instantly does not suck as a monster. That being said she doesn't slot into a Red/Dark Ronia team, (though the is a decent sub for a Red focused Ronia team) and her leader skill is nice. Her active skill is also nice, and I am glad I got two flampys to max skill her.

Beez is my next "BIG" monster to ultimate evolve (already have most of the mats for Awoken Hades, just need two super metals and a dark divine mask, and Ultimate Red Valkyrie is kind of a sorta want)

Just feed the babys, the rate isn't terrible but farming for mats is...

razterik

Ronia
vs
Minerva
vs
Beez

Ronia should wait till the skill reverts later this month. No point in wasting the chance to skill up, and plain Ronia works fine until then.

Minerva is all sorts of amazing if you have the red subs to support her. Makes many dungeons ridiculously easy. And she fits just fine in Ronia teams to even out boards or deliver extra red focused damage.

Beelzebub is almost as powerful, and generally a better leader in places without lots of light or dark floors. Your Beelzebub team looks quite good, so I would probably do him first unless you have put a lot of work into red teams already.

Don't discount a skilled CDD as a Beelzebub sub to pair with Byakko. Also, Lilith and her 1.5x boost is pretty good with enhanced orbs.

Well I scrounged up another few stones and got a Verdandi, too bad my G/R is pretty much nonexistent.

Verdandi might have the best farmable setup out of all the Norns at the expense of REM options. Cu Chu, Armadel, Medjed are all solid subs.

Jagernaut

I wish Verdandi had a rcv boost as well as a hp boost. I have Verdandi and Cu Chulain, W/F Parvati, and Liu Bei (waiting on his ultimate) as subs.

I still can't seem to clear endless. I probably can though if I tweak my team a bit.

Kirin/Sun Quan/Echidna/Verch/Valk/Kirin should work. Though I may be able to do without the double delay since my team can tank a hit from Hera on floor 49. But if I can't get a good activation against her then I'm fucked.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ok i got a Dark Jewel ( not my first choice, but i can use it for Ronia down the line) and the Wood Snowglobe i wanted on the first try.

Now i have to figure out who to use it on. 2nd GZL around LVL 60(probably not), Marine Rider Evo around lvl 30 and unawoken (he really needs a mayor lvl bost before he can be a regular on my GZL team), Grodin around lvl 70...well its Odin and Verdandi around lvl 50...she is kinda awesome as sub/leader.

Or maybe i will just wait a bit more for the EXP Snowglobe update...wondering when it will happen though.

I wish Verdandi had a rcv boost as well as a hp boost. I have Verdandi and Cu Chulain, W/F Parvati, and Liu Bei (waiting on his ultimate) as subs.

You guys should give Verdandi a try xD
I would use her myself more often if had at least some friends that run her sometimes, she seems really good for quick farming.

Ok i got a Dark Jewel ( not my first choice, but i can use it for Ronia down the line) and the Wood Snowglobe i wanted on the first try.

Now i have to figure out who to use it on. 2nd GZL around LVL 60(probably not), Marine Rider Evo around lvl 30 and unawoken (he really needs a mayor lvl bost before he can be a regular on my GZL team), Grodin around lvl 70...well its Odin and Verdandi around lvl 50...she is kinda awesome as sub/leader.

Or maybe i will just wait a bit more for the EXP Snowglobe update...wondering when it will happen though.

I would use her myself more often if had at least some friends that run her sometimes, she seems really good for quick farming.

How do you seemingly have like every God in the game... Aren't you non iap?

cw_sasuke

Hehe well it stacks up after a while and a couple of Godfest, I don't think have much more Gods than other players around my rank.

Many of them are standby and once I have a team that makes sense I start working on them.

I bought Orbs once for 10 extra pulls to get Yomi on a Godfest, but that was a one time think, was just obsessed with getting her lol.

Units like Marine Rider were some of my first but I couldn't clear the Wed Mask Dungeon to Ult Evo him and or had to use the PAL evo materials on my leader.

Then there are units like Verdandi, were i didn't know what they are used for or how good they really are + her Awakenings are very nice for some reason I missed them the first time. Probably because I wanted to get Liu Bei from the last Godfest and I got her instead lol.

What I'll admit though is that my pulls were quite green/water heavy.

BTW. The artwork for Kushinadas Ult Evo is amazing. Really digging it.

J0dy77

Finally completed Neptune this morning, I'm almost done with the Greco-Roman series, just need Venus ultimate to be announced and Minerva to join the party:

Ok5PZOK.png

Quantum

I'm constantly amazed as peoples non-iap pulls.

My nephew pulled Ronia, Gronia, Lu Bu, Ronia in order as his starting line up.

I still don't have a straight up Ronia - although the Chibi version is pretty great.

cw_sasuke

Finally completed Neptune this morning, I'm almost done with the Greco-Roman series, just need Venus ultimate to be announced and Minerva to join the party:

Ok5PZOK.png
Congrats man, these units are the really impressive ones considering how much work is involved in getting their Ult Evos...yiu need REM luck first and then be able to get all those ridiculous evo materials. Gung-ho is doing something wrong when you are totally satisfied with your box and don't get big eyes when you see what some of your friends rolled on the last Godfest Hehe.

:bow

@Quantum
I think it normal that you are never quite satisfied with your own collection because you always know what's missing... You just fine have the insight at first glance when just hearing what someone else pulls. It might sound more impressive than it actually is.

It might be just me... But just pulling Ronia or Dmeta isn't as big of a deal to me, if you get them and also the 1-2 key subs like Hanzo for Dmeta it's time to celebrate though.

seady

I'm constantly amazed as peoples non-iap pulls.

My nephew pulled Ronia, Gronia, Lu Bu, Ronia in order as his starting line up.

I still don't have a straight up Ronia - although the Chibi version is pretty great.

For my experience on my several accounts (I have 2 Jap and 1 US accounts) and all my friends playing the game, non-IAP players always get better stuffs than IAP.

Gungho probably targets people who are willing to pay and make them harder to get the good stuffs, and those people will pay again and again to get what they want.

I'm literally saving my green snowglobe for 2x exp on Verdandi :lol. Which also means I'm not going to level its 2nd form until then. You'll get another Verdandi friend at that point. :p
How do you seemingly have like every God in the game... Aren't you non iap?
For my experience on my several accounts (I have 2 Jap and 1 US accounts) and all my friends playing the game, non-IAP players always get better stuffs than IAP.
Fairly accurate in my experience. Non-IAP, a little under a year of playing. Have pretty solid versions of "whale" teams in Dmeta/Pandora/Blonia. Just missing DValk and a 2nd Blonia/Blodin for "ideal" versions. Who needs to spend money on the REM with that kind of luck :lol.

cw_sasuke

If you guys could decide between DMeta and Ronia...which team would you go for ?
The ones im already running GZL/UY and Athena.

I dont have Hanzo for DMeta/Ronia. I could Ult Evo, for Ronia i would need to wait for more Fruits to drop from the PAL machine.

Notable subs for Sonia:
Echidna
Santa Hera
Vampire
Lilith
King Baddie
Draw Joker
Hadar
Persephone
Grips Rider

Well and for DMeta its pretty much the same as for Ronia, but i could probably include GZL.

Which one would have more potential or would me let me clear more dungeons that are difficult with GZL/UY ? I will end up evolving both anyway but if i can invest in one first...?
I'm literally saving my green snowglobe for 2x exp on Verdandi :lol. Which also means I'm not going to level its 2nd form until then. You'll get another Verdandi friend at that point. :p

Hehe no problem i can wait since i havent done much with her yet....Need to level her up and Awaken her before i can start anything serious. Do you have Liu Bei as well ? Once we get his Ult Evo this will be a great. Wished i had gotten him.

Just like you, I wanted him last godfest and got Verdandi instead. :x

Hanzo-less Dmeta supposedly can work even if it's non-ideal. But Ronia will always be easier to make a team for and it'll give you a playstyle more different than your current teams.

Not sure about GZL on Dmeta unless you want to make a 2PA/row hybrid team. I might try that out once I finish Hades.

cw_sasuke

Hmm... It seems like Sonia herself can be a good sub on a DMeta team because of her active... Maybe I'll try her first so I have a good sub for DMeta yet.

I only thought of GZL because his 2x Attacker active.

Probably will give Ronia a go first then, even though her playstyle might take some while to get used to.

tr4656

I got a GSonia on JP. Thinking about doing GSonia/Avalon/Karin/Liu Bei/Canopus but not sure. Don't have Woodbahn.

Hmm... It seems like Sonia herself can be a good sub on a DMeta team because of her active... Maybe I'll try her first so I have a good sub for DMeta yet.

I only thought of GZL because his 2x Attacker active.

Probably will give Ronia a go first then, even though her playstyle might take some while to get used to.

Yeah, Ronia as sub for DMeta would work.

Good, going for Ronia first and once I'm done with her I will have a good Dmeta sub as well.
Persephone/Vamp works on both teams so focus on them as well.

Dmeta/Ronia/Persephone/Vamp/GZL/Dmeta isn't a bad start. Maybe get another orb changer with a dark row in that last spot when you get another one.

cw_sasuke

Persephone/Vamp works on both teams so focus on them as well.

Dmeta/Ronia/Persephone/Vamp/GZL/Dmeta isn't a bad start. Maybe get another orb changer with a dark row in that last spot when you get another one.

Sounds good thank you. Its still Vampire Lord for me, probably still more than a million exp before i can evolve him....same issue with CuChu though im even further with him, wish the Heart Converters wouldnt take so long to evolve.

Looking forward to Sonia because she handles some of the weekday evo material dungeons better than UY/GZL.

razterik

Second day JP Godfest rolls:

Haha, guess I get to join the Verdandi party. Will work well with Parvati and Liu Bei. Time I feed all these green trifruit I couldn't throw away.

Cao cao is a decent red sub, don't have enough attackers to support him. Not the Rodin I wanted, though.

Not sure about the new green devil.

Just realized this is the first time in a while the NA Godfest isn't running around the same time as JP.

cw_sasuke

Hehe razterik seems like Gung-ho is actively trying to get people to use Verdandi. And Im fine with it.

Who's the other green girl next to Grodin?

cw_sasuke

Alright thanks, haven't seen that before. Probably not in the western version yet.

I just tried a Endless Dungeon for fun with a a Ronia team and.... I can see the potential. RCV was as high than with my UY team that's full of a bunch high level healers, kinda crazy consider my subs and Ronia herself are still low level - used a Max lvl Ronia Friend though.

Should be interesting. Ult Evolved Hadar now.

Ronia/Hadar/Vampire/King Baddie/Persephone/Ronia were on the team. On the bench I have Echidna, Draw Joker, Hera/Santa Hera and Lillith.

This will be my base and I gotta work and improve from here on out.

I am swimming in Purple Pengdras to level Beelzebub, but I need a fuckton of Dragon Seeds ;-;

I am trying hard to not IAP but I caved a few times.

J0dy77

8 runs off star vault, got 6 plus eggs. Had to stone for stamina refresh, not happy. Could have gotten that from starlight. Please tell me everyone had this crap luck and Gungho forgot to turn something on.

FZZ

Banned
8 runs off star vault, got 6 plus eggs. Had to stone for stamina refresh, not happy. Could have gotten that from starlight. Please tell me everyone had this crap luck and Gungho forgot to turn something on.

2 runs since I didn't bother and only two drops.

Last event was like four runs and only two drops. I have shit luck for star vault.

Top Bottom