• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Three pulls.

Verdandi, only have chu for her.
Ronia (dupe)
Agdrall

Not bad.

Nice...spread the Verdandi love.
- Lemon dragon
- Lemon dragon
- pierdrawn

I don't learn.

That sucks - but thanks for the post made me realize again what for pulls are also possible.

Did you pull all 3 in one go ? Well just means you will have more luck next time.

Two pulls
- Light golem (urgh)
- Green ZL (great!!!)
My green team is not great, so i do not have a plan for this team, my intial team will be:
lMhklAA.jpg

Quantum

My apologies.
May the rolls bless you next God fest.

Did you pull all 3 in one go ? Well just means you will have more luck next time.

thanks, was not a great start to day 700.

- I've realized that unless I spend actual $ I almost never get a god. In fact the first year I played (I started IAP at day 370) I only had 4 gods.

- fortunately I've been lucky when I have IAP'd, but don't see then need to pay to pull anymore - probably wont even bother paying the 1 dollar for five stones.

(IAP free since chibi)

smbu2000

Well after all of the times I played the HnK collab. I only got the REM Raoh skill ups to drop only twice! Luckily I was able to raise his level one with those two. On the other hand, I was able to raise the boss drop Raoh's level all the way up to 10 (11 turns) just off the max of level 11. I had hoped for more REM Raoh drops, but it just didn't happen.
So I gave him some of the flampys I had and got his skill level up to max.

His skill is very useful: hearts to fire orbs, jammers and poison orbs to dark. It will make him fit in nicely with my recently acquired Ronia or even on my Rodin fire team. He's also a good leader in his own right.
(I gave my other flampy to Kenshiro, just need to try and get more for him now.)

Also looking forward to the new skill up cards for the new update. Will give me a chance to skill up some of my long unskillable cards. Like the groove coaster ones...I'd like to skill up my Ra as well.

And hey finally an Izanagi skill up.

I think Grand Sonia already took this title.
Her HP is at about 5,560,000 according to a site I visit. Although her light/dark 50% damage reduction probably makes it seem like more I'd imagine.

colinp

Banned
YOLO Red Sky Wizard, Chester

Seems cool all told, but I don't really have a team for him atm. My red cards are definitely the weakest. Not a dupe so I think I made out well.

Jagernaut

4 rolls.

Evolved Siren - troll gold
Thumbelina - dupe
Light Golem
Radious - dupe

Terrible rolls but at least they were free stones. If I had paid for them I would be really pissed.

Rolled PAL until I got a silver egg, then ran with the REM.

1st roll: Lilith (ugh)
2nd roll: Ganesha
3rd roll: Haku
4th roll: Shardra

One silver, two gold, and one star.

colinp

Banned
Man, thinking about it more I don't know whether to use LMeta as a lead and Sun Quan as sub or vice versa. Both Sub Quan uevo's sound nice. Any advice?

cw_sasuke

Remind me to never again do Wednesday Expert for Mystic Mask. Also screwed up the final combo on Wednesday Legend just before...75 stamina wasted. Well...next time.

Wondering if my GZL team can take the Zhao Yun stage once its up.

Ducarmel

Blue Light Sun Quan is clearly the better leader to me, assuming you have the subs for a heavy blue row enhancement team.

Andromeda, I&I, Gabriel, Blue Valk, Hatsume, Yuka, and Sharon

Rolled until no gold and had a pretty great start to the day.

Kirin
Haku (!!!)
Ame no Uzume
Fairlio

Pretty extatic about Haku. She's been on my "most want" list since the start. Now I can put together a solid Okuni team, and I have more incentive to build up my Beelzebub. I have ~220 +eggs stored up, and she might be getting them.

Ame is a great grab. Good either as a leader or a sub if I ever build up a Cao Cao team. Kirin is new, but I don't see myself building her up anytime soon. I don't have ideal REM subs, and my UY team is pretty solid.

colinp

Banned
Blue Light Sun Quan is clearly the better leader to me, assuming you have the subs for a heavy blue row enhancement team.

Andromeda, I&I, Gabriel, Blue Valk, Hatsume, Yuka, and Sharon

Hmmmm, I've only got Gabriel. I was planning a pretty light heavy healer crew even if the lead is b/l Sun Quan. LValk, LMeta & Fuu maybe. Last spots open still, maybe Angelion, Shynee or Echidna depending on the dungeon.

cw_sasuke

My Athena team before today

Athena/GZL/GZL/LValk Non-Evo/Verche

now

Athena/GZL/Meimei/Avalon Drake/Verche

feels good. If i somehow can get my hands on Izanagi down the line this would be a nice Athena team.

Meimei+Verche or Drake alone are really nice combos. But i can be difficult to get TPA done if you have too man yellow/green. And the team is quite green heavy at this point. Might change if i get Izanagi or Ult Evo LValk in the future.

Did one more single pull, gold+ egg Avalon Drake !!

Man this games loving me green units...wow. So i got two more or less optimal orb changer for Athena back2back...i think the game is trying me to tell something lol.
Congrats. I got those two from the same godfest a few months back and I haven't touched my Athena team yet. Genbu's shitastic skillup rate turned me off and I have so many other teams to work on. Hoping to get Valk's ult ult done this week and start using all these Athenas cluttering up my friend list though.

I got Mei Mei though. And lack Izanagi anyway so there's no point in me using Athena right now.
You don't need him for farming stuff with 2PA.

So I have an extremely good Freyr team.

I got these subs: Shiva, Belial, Rodin, Gigas, Homura, Strawberry Dragon, Dino Rider, Mitsuki, and Hera-Ur.

Do people use Freyr anymore? If I pair with another Freyr I get 28k Hp, 12K rcv, and x4 attack. And a bunch of fire rows to make serious damage. Or I could pair with Ares. I honestly think my Fire team option is better than my Gronia options. But friend leaders matter and I'm not sure if anyone ever bothers with 2/4/2 teams anymore.

cw_sasuke

12K Recovery ? :eek:
Congrats. I got those two from the same godfest a few months back and I haven't touched my Athena team yet. Genbu's shitastic skillup rate turned me off and I have so many other teams to work on. Hoping to get Valk's ult ult done this week and start using all these Athenas cluttering up my friend list though.

Yeah thanks, i will put more effort in Athena and these subs now. The team was on standby for a while because the subs just made her way worse than GZL but now i will give her shot.

Only problem for me is still figuring out how much dmg the teams can dash out - UY/GZL turn out mayor dmg everytime of the conditions are met. With Athena and Sonia the right orbchangers/burst units are more important to get near GZL/UY damage.

Which teams are you focusing on right now ?

Tobe

Today is my 500th day :D the game is still fun and well rolled HnK collab finally my first gold egg even tho the one i want the most is toki. Im happy i got kenshiro. Guess its time to farm flampys.

12K Recovery ? :eek:

With two Freyr I get x4 atk. x4 RCV. Ideally I'd pair with Ares for a 2/4/2 team. But idk if anyone uses those anymore. And I might be better of focusing on Gronia, though my Gronia team is banking on the fact that I either roll Melon Dragon or we get another fruit dungeon giveaway. Meanwhile I have in my box all the subs for a kickass Fire team. I just don't know if I'd be able to find friend leaders. I have too many options.

J0dy77

Her HP is at about 5,560,000 according to a site I visit. Although her light/dark 50% damage reduction probably makes it seem like more I'd imagine.

We were referencing the amount of EXP required to max lvl the mob. Most of the higher tier God/Devils have always been 5 million. Grand Sonia was the first to bump this experience level to 6 million for max lvl. Zues/Hera is following suite. Probably the new trend since it is so easy to level cards now and the strength of these newer cards.

Rolled until no gold and had a pretty great start to the day.

Kirin
Haku (!!!)
Ame no Uzume
Fairlio

Pretty extatic about Haku. She's been on my "most want" list since the start. Now I can put together a solid Okuni team, and I have more incentive to build up my Beelzebub. I have ~220 +eggs stored up, and she might be getting them.

Ame is a great grab. Good either as a leader or a sub if I ever build up a Cao Cao team. Kirin is new, but I don't see myself building her up anytime soon. I don't have ideal REM subs, and my UY team is pretty solid.

Congrats on Haku. I know you've wanted her for a while. She's amazing on the Beelzebub team. Although, learn to be disappointed by her active. She trolls really hard with dark orbs.

Which teams are you focusing on right now ?
Trying to ult evo Hades for my Bastet team (3 straight sacred blue masks wtf). Then I need to dump a ton of green exp in Dios/Beorc so I can ult evo Ceres. Also need a lot of green exp for my GZL subs (gotta evo my green golem since I lack Kushi). And my Ame/Krishna subs have been a perpetual work-in-progress.

My Athena is still in her base form and my Verche (and Genbu ;_;) are skill level one so that team is really, really far from usable. Once I work on Genbu/Drake for GZL, I'll transition into an Athena build but it'll be a while.

Jagernaut

Haku is good for 7-8 combos by herself but if you want dark rows you need to combine her with Hanzo or Chaos Devil Dragon (skill him up now with Dark Insect Dragons).

With two Freyr I get x4 atk. x4 RCV. Ideally I'd pair with Ares for a 2/4/2 team. But idk if anyone uses those anymore. And I might be better of focusing on Gronia, though my Gronia team is banking on the fact that I either roll Melon Dragon or we get another fruit dungeon giveaway. Meanwhile I have in my box all the subs for a kickass Fire team. I just don't know if I'd be able to find friend leaders. I have too many options.
No other red leads of note? Try Shiva maybe?

Haku is good for 7-8 combos by herself but if you want dark rows you need to combine her with Hanzo or Chaos Devil Dragon (skill him up now with Dark Insect Dragons).
7 star alone is usually fine for sub bosses that die to 1 row + combos. CDD seems like a meh sub if you have decent devil subs already. Can't really find a place for it on my team outside of situational dungeons so I don't know if it'll be worth the effort to max skill it.

No other red leads of note? Try Shiva maybe

I have Shiva. I listed him as one of the red subs. But Shiva has really really bad RCV. And I'm not really sure how to build his team.

"I got these subs: Shiva, Belial, Rodin, Gigas, Homura, Strawberry Dragon, Dino Rider, Mitsuki, and Hera-Ur."

I'm not really convinced that Shiva is a better red leader than Freyr anyway.

I have Shiva. I listed him as one of the red subs. But Shiva has really really bad RCV. And I'm not really sure how to build his team.

"I got these subs: Shiva, Belial, Rodin, Gigas, Homura, Strawberry Dragon, Dino Rider, Mitsuki, and Hera-Ur."
Pair Shiva up with Ame friends to alleviate the RCV problem. The biggest issue is probably Gigas since he's probably your best orb changer but has negative RCV. Red Valk is such a tremendous upgrade over Gigas -_-;

Shiva/Freyr/Mitsuki/Gigas/Belial/Ame isn't ideal but workable. Not descend capable without a bunch of plusses but neither is a Freyr led team.

Wait, Freyr is 2x RCV, not 2x HP? He'll be better than Shiva then lol. Swap those two then.

Mixed up Freyr's and Ares' leader skills.

Pair Shiva up with Ame friends to alleviate the RCV problem. The biggest issue is probably Gigas since he's probably your best orb changer but has negative RCV. Red Valk is such a tremendous upgrade over Gigas -_-;

Shiva/Freyr/Mitsuki/Gigas/Belial/Ame isn't ideal but workable. Not descend capable without a bunch of plusses but neither is a Freyr led team.

Wait, Freyr is 2x RCV, not 2x HP? He'll be better than Shiva then lol. Swap those two then.

Mixed up Freyr's and Ares' leader skills.

Yeah Freyr is x2 ATK/RCV. With Ares you get the typical 2/4/2 team.

I was thinking:

Freyr/Shiva/Gigas/Homura/Rodin/(Ame/Freyr/Ares).

Man if I roll a Cao Cao....

Cao Cao/Freyr/Rodin/Flamie/Dino Rider/Cao Cao.

okaygeraldo

Neo Member
So I played this game "blindly" for a couple of months last year and quit. I didn't know about the tiers or anything else, I just played/leveled/didnt know what I was doing.

Today is a God Fest so I re-rolled this:

9CtGuLy.jpg

And I've been reading tutorials/guides and trying to understand everything.

Is this a good roll or should I keep re-rolling since it's God fest? I checked a tier guide and it says it's God Tier. I also rolled a Thor on another device.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Yeah Freyr is x2 ATK/RCV. With Ares you get the typical 2/4/2 team.

I was thinking:

Freyr/Shiva/Gigas/Homura/Rodin/(Ame/Freyr/Ares).

Man if I roll a Cao Cao....

Cao Cao/Freyr/Rodin/Flamie/Dino Rider/Cao Cao.
Freyr team looks solid.

For Cao Cao, I'd still throw Mitsuki over Dino Rider or Flamie for a bit more RCV and stability.

I've been pining for a Cao Cao too.

So I played this game "blindly" for a couple of months last year and quit. I didn't know about the tiers or anything else, I just played/leveled/didnt know what I was doing.

Today is a God Fest so I re-rolled this:

9CtGuLy.jpg

And I've been reading tutorials/guides and trying to understand everything.

Is this a good roll or should I keep re-rolling since it's God fest? I checked a tier guide and it says it's God Tier. I also rolled a Thor on another device.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.
Great roll. Not too hard to make a beginning team for and is very capable of carrying you into the late game.

Jagernaut

I'm loving the new skillup changes in that Jpn update. I have a Hermes and 2 dupe Ares that I would like to skill up using super kings.

cw_sasuke

GZL is a beast - 90% of the games i run are with him. In general if i cant take him to dungeon its gets tricky. Congrats human_exe.
Trying to ult evo Hades for my Bastet team (3 straight sacred blue masks wtf). Then I need to dump a ton of green exp in Dios/Beorc so I can ult evo Ceres. Also need a lot of green exp for my GZL subs (gotta evo my green golem since I lack Kushi). And my Ame/Krishna subs have been a perpetual work-in-progress.

My Athena is still in her base form and my Verche (and Genbu ;_;) are skill level one so that team is really, really far from usable. Once I work on Genbu/Drake for GZL, I'll transition into an Athena build but it'll be a while.

Ult Evo Hades ? Ouch...do you already have Gaia and Zeus ? I really need to start attempting more dependents before i can think of Ult Evoing units on this level. But im always optimizing and hate to enter a dungeon when im dont have optimized my team as much as possible. One i max awoken Odin i will be able to take on more dungeons with U&Y since stalling will be easier.

UY/GZL/Ronia/Athena/DMeta

This will keep me busy for a long ass time, but i like having at least a team/leader for every element.

@CornBurrito
The Best Friend Feature will be perfect for you then...once you have a Ares friend you are set.

Congrats on Haku. I know you've wanted her for a while. She's amazing on the Beelzebub team. Although, learn to be disappointed by her active. She trolls really hard with dark orbs.

Yeah using Meimei on my GZL team has prepared me for the potential trolling of the Chinese gods. I have a few combo leaders that she'll be good for, and the 2 row enhances alone will really help my devil teams.

I've got to start putting a fire team together as well. Right now my REM options are Ame, Cao Cao, Awoken Hino, Dino Rider, Laila, Chiyome (already max skilled!), Ifrit, and Strawberry dragon. So I've definitely got some row/TPA options. Just need to put together a coherent team.

Nice JP updates. The best friend feature is probably my favorite update. Means you can use uncommon helpers, e.g., D/L Fagan, D/W Batman, etc., for all-day farming without running out. All you need is a single friend who mains that particular monster.

And LOL at Izanagi needing an Extreme fatty for his skill-ups.

okaygeraldo

Neo Member
Got 5 stones, did another roll. Second L Kali today :lol

LKali/Fuma/Yomi/LKali/DQXQ/LKali? Maybe swap Yomi for D/L Batman. Not entirely sure what sub to use for water attribute. Maybe Sandalphon? Unsure if the extra spike is necessary.

LKali/LKali/Fuma/Fuma/Blonia/LKali could be fun too

cw_sasuke

Is 3x the best rate up you can get for Special Gods ? I already had two good pulls and should press my luck too much - but man if could get my hands on D.Kali
AU7Amsc.gif

I think i will just wait for the next Godfest...i mean its always nice to have something to look forward to....right ?
3AQmK.gif

jiggle

Been using all my stone on box expansion
Only had enough for 1 roll
Artemis on main
Phoenix knight Homura on alt
meh

Gold metal today
Baby tama dungeon in a couple of days?

Top Bottom