• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Is Red Guan Yu actually that good? I'm not sure what makes the fabled RGY + 3 Sonia + Strawberry team better than a traditional Ronia team.

Norns are getting some buzz, but not too much. I think people have a more realistic understanding of their power and limitations. I may be biased though since I fell in love with Verdandi.
I think the reason I'm not really feeling Verdandi is because while the extra HP is nice, without a RCV multiplier, the team isn't going to be very tanky. Good attack with great HP and okay RCV doesn't scream impressive to me unless you stack a ton of 2PAs with Liu Beis and GZLs.

Maybe with a lot of +egg investment the team hits a sweet spot of survivability and power to beat those crazy challenge dungeons but I'm not sure this would be team I'd commit so many +eggs into (if I ever get close to hypermaxing a team).

jiggle

Is Red Guan Yu actually that good? I'm not sure what makes the fabled RGY + 3 Sonia + Strawberry team better than a traditional Ronia team.
Bigger damage for less(but still good) rcv and similar ease of play
2000 auto recovery
Plenty of orb changers(that can be up on 1st turn without skill ups)
Worst part is it doesn't have a good replacement for king baddie or Lubu
Only options are sub element(dragon samurai) or off element(draggie)

And RGY doesn't even have uevo yet
Dreaming it will get 1.5-2.5x damage. Or orb enhance...

Easy trifruit wins!

I think the reason I'm not really feeling Verdandi is because while the extra HP is nice, without a RCV multiplier, the team isn't going to be very tanky. Good attack with great HP and okay RCV doesn't scream impressive to me unless you stack a ton of 2PAs with Liu Beis and GZLs.

Maybe with a lot of +egg investment the team hits a sweet spot of survivability and power to beat those crazy challenge dungeons but I'm not sure this would be team I'd commit so many +eggs into (if I ever get close to hypermaxing a team).

Yeah the RCV is a pretty big problem. I'd say Urd and Skuld outclass Verdandi with the right subs. I've simulator my own Verdandi team and I get something like a 1:10 ratio. So 4k RCV and 40k hp. It isn't going to be impressively tanky, though Verdandi's active can help a bit since you can heal a bunch off of it.

The turbo whale setup with 2x Liu Bei + 2x GZL (or some combination) basically just runs through dungeons and doesn't get his outside of preemptives.

Still, I think even with her shortcomings a Verdandi team will be decent. I'm likely going to keep investing in my Kirin team (and move to Kali if I ever roll a Fuma Kotaro) for certain descends.

And I think most of all is that the Norns are flexible. They have decent enough farmable builds for low level content, REM builds for descends, and then whale/god of luck builds for the toughest descends and challenge mode. They're flexible.

Jagernaut

I don't know why Verdandi doesn't have the same hp and rcv multiplier as Urd. They are both 6 stars, Skuld is 7 stars so I understand the difference there.

The GungHo US twitch stream starts at 9:30 pm EST. I'm expecting an announcement of the mini 3K gods pal machine.

I don't know why Verdandi doesn't have the same hp and rcv multiplier as Urd. They are both 6 stars, Skuld is 7 stars so I understand the difference there.

The GungHo US twitch stream starts at 9:30 pm EST. I'm expecting an announcement of the mini 3K gods pal machine.

Because Verdandi has a higher hp multiplier I guess. But yeah, Urd is superior if you have the subs for her. A shame tbh. Maybe it can be changed in a future balance patch if Gungho feels she needs it.

One YOLO roll: LKali! Really wanted this, not sure if I want to use her as a leader or Kirin sub though.

Honestly if you have Fuma Kotaro and any sort of decent dark monster (Venus, Rodin, Blodin, anything with a good active or a stat stick/awakening stick) then I'd say Kali as leader.

Heh. Tried out LKali in Endless. It's so hard trying to force myself to clear Wood orbs instead of Dark. A simple switch of one color completely ruins my flow. Playing Sakuya is just so natural to me.

Quantum

This is the first one I have watched and thus far it is a little underwhelming. And they stall for so long.

other than my nephew I haven't watched other people play - I've been playing so long that I don't really go through all the thought process that these two are using.

I'm pretty well versed in multiple styles of play - I can't for the life of me figure out why they picked the first team they did and made the moves they did after discussing what to do for such lengths.

Heh. Tried out LKali in Endless. It's so hard trying to force myself to clear Wood orbs instead of Dark. A simple switch of one color completely ruins my flow. Playing Sakuya is just so natural to me.
I'm still not convinced that my l.kali team is that good - I am slowly working on it, and I have high hopes - but not in heavy rotation yet.

(currently L.Kali/L.kali/Sun Quan/Yomi/Fuma/L.Kali)

I'm now a believer in that PAL->REM shenanigans theory

Pal pulled once, got a Devilit
Pulled REM twice, got Sagirinokami and Meimei

I did zero pal rolls and got Freyr, Apocalypse, and Verdandi.

My past 17 rolls after Christmas rem have all been done without touching the pal. 13 golds, 4 silvers. 4 of those golds were special gods.

Jagernaut

While watching the stream I played Zhao Yun - Legend and got the mini Zhuge Liang and the boss. Nice. I had 2 bad Sonia boards on the boss (less than 5 combos) so I killed him with a Haku active.

CiEK6pG.jpg

Ig4vaWL.jpg

Did legend, got the mini GZL. Any idea what his drop rate is? If possible I would love to skill up my big GZL...

Also anyone have tips on Zhang fei? Let's just say I've never focused on attackers and physicals before. Eventually when subtypes are allowed it will be cake, but that's not yet...

saichi

I did zero pal rolls and got Freyr, Apocalypse, and Verdandi.

My past 17 rolls after Christmas rem have all been done without touching the pal. 13 golds, 4 silvers. 4 of those golds were special gods.

It's all because you and cw_sasuke get all the luck on rolling. The rest of us need to rely on the random PAL->REM theory to get a decent pull :)

colinp

Banned
So what happened on stream?

Edit: Here it is...

Zhao Yun Twitch Stream Rewards
Antonio didn’t really know what he was getting into this stream, but he weathered the storm anyway. Shoutout to all our viewers today, it’s so good seeing you again--be sure to send in more fan mail when we announce the next stream!
According to our performance, the judges have seen it fit to distribute 3 Tamadras!
The details on how these rewards will be distributed are below:
- 1 TAMADRA delivered daily from 2/23 to 2/25
- Delivered daily via ingame mail
- Given out from 4:00 AM to 3:59 AM (PST) of the next day
Once again, thanks for cheering us on, and your continual support!

quin

Omg!!! Blue odin his ultimate gets 3 two prongs
Pandora is a devil now as well
Ultimate evolution anket.

Pandora is 4
Lubu is number 3.
Light karli is 2 haha
Goemon was number 1

razterik

Did Pandora get passed over because she was already getting an uevo in favor of 2nd place Lu Bu? Who was due one shortly anyway? The hell?

Also, Venus and Blue Odin look crazy good.

Jagernaut

New buffs:

- RGB Archangel actives now also enhance heal orbs

- Fairy Tale girls' actives now have 3-turns bind recovery

- Ganesha active will max at 15 cd and also enhance light orb

- Durga active now boosts god and devil types

- Noah active now also change the entire board into water orbs

- HP buffs to riders, Wee Jas, and Chester

Maid

Banned
Oh god, that Pandora. I guess it's time to saving stones until the next godfest that features her.

Also, all that Dragon buffs.

seady

Omg!!! Blue odin his ultimate gets 3 two prongs
Pandora is a devil now as well
Ultimate evolution anket.

Pandora is 4
Lubu is number 3.
Light karli is 2 haha
Goemon was number 1

They voted in each of the following categories, and the #1 for each one will get UEvo. The result was:

Gold Dragon Machine Exclusive: Pandora (since she gets UEvo planned already, Gungho picked second highest vote to get the UEvo - which is Lubu).
God Fes Exclusive: Light Kali
Descend Boss: Goemon

ZeroAKA

They voted in each of the following categories, and the #1 for each one will get UEvo. The result was:

Gold Dragon Machine Exclusive: Pandora (since she gets UEvo planned already, Gungho picked second highest vote to get the UEvo - which is Lubu).
God Fes Exclusive: Light Kali
Descend Boss: Goemon
Nice, looking forward to seeing all of them (especially Lu Bu).

Blodin looks amazing. So glad I pulled him a few weeks ago. Looking forward to trying him out on various teams.

Nice to see the starters get some love. They look like they'll be very solid farming leads. Hopefully they will adjust that AS at some point to make it more useful.

Not sure why people voted for Lu Bu. It seems like his would have been announced soon enough anyway. Looking forward to it regardless.

smbu2000

Wow, I've had really good luck skilling up my LKali. I'm 4/7 out using Angelits with her. (I didn't want to have to keep going through the Friday dungeon anymore for her, so I gave her a shynpy for the last level.)

Very happy to have her done. Looking forward to seeing what her uevo is...

Gave my Norn Urd 5 red fruits and got 3 skill ups out of it. I only need 2 more to max skill her and I haven't even evolved her yet. Need to pick up more red fruits for her and Ronia.

I also didn't want to have to bother with skilling up my Izanagi (using fat metal dragons would be a large usage of stamina and a waste of exp. I could give to others, so I used 3 shynpys to max skill him.)

Wow, a huge update coming. Blodin looks great with those 3 TPAs, I'm glad I got one in last weeks GF. Uevo materials are also easy to get. I might have to use him on my Vegeta team. I'm currently switching between LMeta and uevo Sun Quan for the water requirement.

Looking forward to the Venus uevo as well. Looks like I'm going to have to clear Sandalphon now for the evo. materials.

Did Pandora get passed over because she was already getting an uevo in favor of 2nd place Lu Bu? Who was due one shortly anyway? The hell?

Also, Venus and Blue Odin look crazy good.
Isn't it more like, because they were already going to release a uevo for her, they used the second place pick (Lu Bu) instead and gave him one. I'm guessing no uevo was planned for him at the moment.

They could've just used Pandora and said hey that's what everybody chose, but it's like we are getting a bonus one since Pandora was already set to release.

Top Bottom