• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

scottnak

Godfest Results!

LMeta
Cinderella <-- Actually pretty stoked about this, now I have all 5 of the fairy tale ones... aha
Uriel <-- How is he?

2 golds, pretty nice :d

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ok this is getting scary. I pulled 2x because i thought even if i get shit, i already got 2 pulls earlier so i wouldnt feel bad.

- Meimei again, dupe (lol)
- Bearded Deity, Guan Yu ( i think he is good)

The game wont give me non.wood units....i wont pull again this Godfest but wow. Feels like i will have every green God soon.

4 pulls in total, 4 gold eggs, 4 wood units (2x Meimei, Avalon Drake/GGY)

Edit:
And they are all Wood/Light combis...what the hell. Weird...

Goldrush

Ok this is getting scary. I pulled 2x because i thought even if i get shit, i already got 2 pulls earlier so i wouldnt feel bad.

- Meimei again, dupe (lol)
- Bearded Deity, Guan Yu ( i think he is good)

The game wont give me non.wood units....i wont pull again this Godfest but wow. Feels like i will have every green God soon.

4 pulls in total, 4 gold eggs, 4 wood units (2x Meimei, Avalon Drake/GGY)

Edit:
And they are all Wood/Light combis...what the hell. Weird...

Feels like that for me too. If it's not wood, it's a dupe of Persephone or DQXQ (these two makes up half of my God draw).

J0dy77

Nice JP updates. The best friend feature is probably my favorite update. Means you can use uncommon helpers, e.g., D/L Fagan, D/W Batman, etc., for all-day farming without running out. All you need is a single friend who mains that particular monster.

And LOL at Izanagi needing an Extreme fatty for his skill-ups.

I'm glad I started using my piis on him. Lol

Finally got through Cauchemar with Beelzebub. Lilith is a pain the ass but I think I have the cycle down. Definitely won't be an easy farm.

pSdqN4x.png

Althane

Yolo Roll...

Haku!

Wow. I wasn't expecting that. She's up with Ronia in terms of end-game gods, right?

Still in her 5-star form, so I have some updates to be made, but man. Nice. I'm pumped.

JUST ROLLED MOTHER FUCKING VERDANDI.

My rolls... jesus christ. 3 rolls and got Freyr, Apocalypse, and now Verdandi. Fucking yes, I wanted Verdandi so bad.

ZeroAKA

So I gave my friend an old unused account of mine that had Haku and Astaroth on it. He did his first pulls today and got 6-star Karin, Ronia, and I&I.

...I might have to force him to do all of my pulls from now on.

You stole all the luck. I blame you for my crap rolls this morning.

Sorry. Honestly I'm done with Kirin. And Kali. And anyone else. Gonna put all my effort into getting this Verdandi team up. Unconditional damage? Yes please. Great HP? Yes please.

Verdandi/Gronia/Liu Bei/[flex-slot]/Artemis/Verdandi.

Gronia + Liu and Verdandi + Artemis give full green boards. Flex slot can be something like Mei-Mei, Chu-Chu, or Canopus since he will give an enhance for insane burst damage on a full green board. Or if damage is needed I could do King Woodsie because everything but Liu Bei is balanced type.

I guess you could say I have wood right now.

scottnak

Yeah, I just need the masks. I already had the Zeus + Devilits and I spent the past week evolving Gaia. None of the masks are dropping though. :(

Pretty solid fire sub due to his double orb change and good RCV. Can also lead a tank team if you need something with lots of HP.

Nice. Great to hear... I've been itching to figure out another team to work with.
Not that I'm getting sick of my LKali team... aha

Epic Drop

Godfest results!

1. GGY (dupe, max skilled my first one even though I have no use for him.)

2. The norn urd (nice! She'll be a great replacement for leilen on my yamato team, and I have caocao, so I have very high hopes the pattern continues and he gets a water off type in his ult evo. She's a good lead in her own right too)

3. L. Kali (my second 25x god. My first was durga, for whom I have more or less an ideal team. She just isn't very good though, and not a lot of people run her. I don't have a fuma, but I'm hoping I can put together a functional l.Kali team since I enjoy the 25x play style)

4. Silver trash

I just blew all of my tamadras on my gzl team, so now I need about 30 more lol

Hige

So I played this game "blindly" for a couple of months last year and quit. I didn't know about the tiers or anything else, I just played/leveled/didnt know what I was doing.

Today is a God Fest so I re-rolled this:

9CtGuLy.jpg

And I've been reading tutorials/guides and trying to understand everything.

Is this a good roll or should I keep re-rolling since it's God fest? I checked a tier guide and it says it's God Tier. I also rolled a Thor on another device.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.
I would keep the save file and reroll while godfest is still going on to see if you can get something better. GZL can use farmable monsters to make a decent team, but I find him really disappointing even with a full team of REM monsters. His HP is absolutely terrible and he doesn't suit the current metagame which makes HP multiplier teams more desirable for tanking large amounts of damage. I have a maxed +297 GZL and only use him as a sub for Athena and like one or two dungeons as a main. He also suffers on the NA version due to the lack of Tienshinhan from the DBZ collab.

At the same time, I wouldn't worry about keeping him, because you'll eventually roll other gods and you can always change teams later.

Maid

Banned
Yolo Roll...

Haku!

Wow. I wasn't expecting that. She's up with Ronia in terms of end-game gods, right?

Still in her 5-star form, so I have some updates to be made, but man. Nice. I'm pumped.

Man, I'm so jealous with you people. I've been wanting Haku since forever, and I just got my third Leilan. Gungho, please.

Raika

Honestly wasn't planning on rolling much but stuff happened, so...

1st roll: APOLLO

Been wanting this guy for a long time now, after he popped out I resolved to stop. But after a few hours my resolve broke and I rolled again.

2nd roll: Thor

2 rolls, 2 golds, was really planning on stopping here to make it out like a bandit. Managed to endure for a day then finally broke down and rolled again.

3rd roll: RONIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm done, stopping right here. 3 rolls, 3 golds, all new cards. Absolutely amazing godfest for me. :D

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is Freyr good ? Was my last pull yesterday to see if the Green/Light Theory is right. 5 pulls/5 gold eggs.

Overall quite positive results here from the Godfest pulls from what i see - very cool.

I just realized that Meimei has 2 Ult Evos - guess i will go for bother at some point. I need so many but Dub-mythlit so i was planning to waste all my stamina on the friday dungeon, but as a GZL user i feel like i need do as many Zhao Yun attempts as possible. How often can we expect the Zhao Yun dungeon to come back this year ?

Havent really farmed units for skill up.

Edit:

If i only want the GZL mini - can i just do the dungeon on Legend ? I know that for the boss you get a guaranteed drop on Mythical and 40% on Legend - but how is the drop situation for the other enemies ?

Pulled a few more times.

Artemis
Dark Golem
Green Wee jas
Valk (troll gold egg)

Can anyone think of a use for Wee Jas? I can't come up with anything.

Yaari

Does anyone play Divine Gates, I'm wondering what are some good units I should look out for if I reroll. I've done some searches but compared to PAD it does not seem too popular, I guess its the lack of a global version.

Tobe

Legendary earth done. Not so hard in retrospective but since i barely had the hp required u couldn't have hanzo in the team meaning there was a slight chance of getting orb trolled

so for the last three weeks I have been 0-11 runs on getting a red fruit to drop. I need three more of these things. I need 1 more for Ronia's ultimate and 2 for Lui Bui (if Gungho wants me to evolve him to make other monsters better, I might as well).

It just stinks.

Three pulls - EX-Hydra, Baal, and drall.

Got my Awoken Hades yesterday. where does he slot well? now just to wait on Awoken Venus (though I probably should get another Zues while I wait)

Man, I know Sakuya isn't the best monster in the game anymore, but I was reading PAD forums and they really seem to hate on her now. Lol. It's like if you're not the best, you're trash. Apparently she still holds the title of best non-IAP lead, I guess.

I lack a Sun Quan or DKali that people seem to think should be on an optimal LKali team. But I have a max-skilled Fuma which seems to be the most important sub at least. Sun Quan can be subbed with Arcline or Izanagi and I'd probably still use LTron on the team, too. I guess Yomi is popular if you lack DKali. All her awakenings are useful to the team.

So I can build

LKali
Fuma
Izanagi
LTron
Yomi
LKali

I already have all those max-skilled except for Izanagi, but I'm sitting on 3 Shynpees in case I don't feel like feeding him Fatties. 2x multiplier on an 8CD would be nice. This team has 80% skill-lock resist which is even more than my default 60% Sakuya team.

Now some of the downsides. Not having DKali means LKali can't activate for at least 2 turns. This could mean death to orb-troll. Having that turn-1 safety net on my Sakuya team has really proven useful. I suppose I could slot-in DTron instead of Yomi and have the entire team active on turn 1. I'd be giving up Yomi's useful awakenings but getting better stats and a more useful active (imo). The team is also less defensive than my Sakuya team, mainly due to dropping my ultra stat stick defensive extraordinaire Grodin. His autoheal is underrated and his active is versatile in being able to snipe monsters and/or provide emergency healing.

The biggest weakness this team has is the same as my Sakuya team. No HP multiplier. Whereas high ATK multiplier teams used to rule the top tier exclusively(aside from Luci's short reign before GH realized their mistake), GH is obviously pushing more towards HP/RCV multpliers with smaller ATK. Basically an update of Indians 1.0 with power creep in effect. My hypermaxed Sakuya team is just shy of 26K HP, enough to tank a hit from KoG Zeus, who used to have the highest damage attack in the game. Now there are a bunch of enemies that can OHKO my team. It's ridiculous.

I guess I'll wait a bit to see where the game is going and what LKali's uvo looks like before I start investing in her team and cannibalizing Apollo in the process. But it seems like GH is trying to steer people toward a mix of HP/ATK/RCV multipliers.

I also have a Verdandi sitting in my box that I'm skilling-up but have no real plans for. But
it seems like she's getting a lot of buzz so maybe I should look into her and see what the fuss is about. I don't really have a go-to Wood team and with GH making bosses with Light/Dark reductions it looks like they want players to give the tricolors more love.

This post ended up being a lot longer than I anticipated.

I tried to run the mono-dark Durga dream team against Zeus-Vulcan and failed. RCV is too low and there aren't enough dark orb changers to burst. Looks like I'll have to try something else until I get D.Kali and Lumiel skilled up.

I tried to run the mono-dark Durga dream team against Zeus-Vulcan and failed. RCV is too low and there aren't enough dark orb changers to burst. Looks like I'll have to try something else until I get D.Kali and Lumiel skilled up.
"Dream teams" basically imply hypermaxed teams. Those +eggs, skill-ups, and awakenings make a world of difference.

Althane

Got a Great fusion for my Dark Noel onto my Haku. So now I have a level 80, fully awoken Haku.

Tried a few dungeons with her, here's the team I'm rocking:

L: Haku
Tsuku Yomi (need to busty)
Ronia
Echidna
Enchantress Siren

All fully awoken. Any suggestions on how to better tweak? I used a Bastet friend, which made for some really fun combos, but overall, the damage was highly dependent upon it being a non-RCV dungeon, so lots of matches were able to be made. Regular dungeons would probably be more difficult to get off Haku's passive.

Is that something I just need to practice on?

Got a Great fusion for my Dark Noel onto my Haku. So now I have a level 80, fully awoken Haku.

Tried a few dungeons with her, here's the team I'm rocking:

L: Haku
Tsuku Yomi (need to busty)
Ronia
Echidna
Enchantress Siren

All fully awoken. Any suggestions on how to better tweak? I used a Bastet friend, which made for some really fun combos, but overall, the damage was highly dependent upon it being a non-RCV dungeon, so lots of matches were able to be made. Regular dungeons would probably be more difficult to get off Haku's passive.

Is that something I just need to practice on?
Ronia's not the best sub for Byakko since a Ronia bi-color board prevents you from activating 12.25x. Siren isn't good either since her active will eat precious fire orbs. Vampire is a good farmable option for covering blue. Drawn Joker can also provide blue if you want a heartmaker. What else do you have available?

jiggle

Not having much luck farming trifruits on alt :/
Using heraUR-ronia-belial-belial-chiyome-ronia
Even with chiyome up turn 1
Still prone to orb trolled

Getting more consistent wins on main but iono why
HeraUR-ronia-ronia-belial-gigas-ronia

Once yamato uevo comes out I'll have a guaranteed win team(I think) on main with RGY-ronia-ronia-yamato-strawberry-RGY

But that doesn't help my alt at all

Althane

Ronia's not the best sub for Byakko since a Ronia bi-color board prevents you from activating 12.25x. Siren isn't good either since her active will eat precious fire orbs. Vampire is a good farmable option for covering blue. Drawn Joker can also provide blue if you want a heartmaker. What else do you have available?

Just a team I threw together. I have a number of options, Ifrit, Hera-Ur (seems like she'd be really good, actually), Ame no Uzume, Phoenix Knight (eh... want those water orbs). Echidna, I'd keep (for obvious reasons).

Water wise, I basically have Siren, Beast Rider, Rei (ehhh), AB Bluebird Blues, Undine, Kraken, Fenrir Knightand Hatsume no Tsubone.

Dark, I have Tsukuyomi, Hera, Noel, Vampire Lord, Drawn Joker, Chibi-Haku (that seems like a good combo...), Grape Dragon, Lilith, and Dragon Rider as my main ones. Oh, and Pandora and Loki, but those aren't really leveled.

Just a team I threw together. I have a number of options, Ifrit, Hera-Ur (seems like she'd be really good, actually), Ame no Uzume, Phoenix Knight (eh... want those water orbs). Echidna, I'd keep (for obvious reasons).

Water wise, I basically have Siren, Beast Rider, Rei (ehhh), AB Bluebird Blues, Undine, Kraken, Fenrir Knightand Hatsume no Tsubone.

Dark, I have Tsukuyomi, Hera, Noel, Vampire Lord, Drawn Joker, Chibi-Haku (that seems like a good combo...), Grape Dragon, Lilith, and Dragon Rider as my main ones. Oh, and Pandora and Loki, but those aren't really leveled.
You should be working your way toward: Echidna/Vampire/Loki/Pandora

That covers all your colors, gives you a delay, a big burst in Pandora+Vamp, a damage booster in Loki, and up to 7 dark rows if both leads are D/D Byakko.

Man, I know Sakuya isn't the best monster in the game anymore, but I was reading PAD forums and they really seem to hate on her now. Lol. It's like if you're not the best, you're trash. Apparently she still holds the title of best non-IAP lead, I guess.

Really? I still find she is far more consistent for descends then any other team. Ronia, Athena those are great for farming, but 25x (or 30x if paired with Ra) can still take down most descends.

so what else is the new flavour of the month over there? Athena and L.Kali?

saichi

Gold Egg rules doesn't apply to HnK machine.

I tried 10 times and got a gold egg in PAL then roll once with HnK machine

Juda :(

But the rule still applies to REM though. I have roll another 15+ times to get another gold egg then I roll once with REM.

Karin !

Have to build up my PAL machine pull again now. Only 16 left.

razterik

PAD forums and the global FB are so full of bandwagon jumping and pigeonholed thinking lately. I know this is somewhat by design due to the nature of the game, but it makes it hard to take most team suggestions or advice seriously. The "VS" threads are almost all people trying to justify their REM spending/luck and not real comparisons by people who have extensive experience with the cards in question.

JP's 3x plus eggs in normal dungeons is really good. My rate has been about 15 stamina per egg, and haven't even gotten to bonus rates on OoH or KoG yet. It's not nearly as time efficient as Star Vault, but everything else seems way better.

Really? I still find she is far more consistent for descends then any other team. Ronia, Athena those are great for farming, but 25x (or 30x if paired with Ra) can still take down most descends.

Flavor of the month is Hathor/Osiris. Egyptian 2.0 in general, but especially those two. And of course Athena.

Norns are getting some buzz, but not too much. I think people have a more realistic understanding of their power and limitations. I may be biased though since I fell in love with Verdandi.

So I was planning on attempting to skill up draggie at some point as a possible Fagan sub, but I didn't realize you have to evolve him to get the matching skill. That is super disappointing.

Flavor of the month is Hathor/Osiris. Egyptian 2.0 in general, but especially those two. And of course Athena.

Norns are getting some buzz, but not too much. I think people have a more realistic understanding of their power and limitations. I may be biased though since I fell in love with Verdandi.
What is the cookie cutter Osiris build? I got two of them and have never slotted them into a deck.

LKali is held in high regard as probably the best 25x lead. Athena is basically the latest Valk, just a farmer. Egyptians 2.0 seem to have a lot of buzz, with Osiris and Hathor being the 2 best. Haven't read too much into the top tiers. Just surprised and humored me how much disdain there is for Sakuya, now, just because she's not the best.

PAD forums and the global FB are so full of bandwagon jumping and pigeonholed thinking lately. I know this is somewhat by design due to the nature of the game, but it makes it hard to take most team suggestions or advice seriously. The "VS" threads are almost all people trying to justify their REM spending/luck and not real comparisons by people who have extensive experience with the cards in question.

JP's 3x plus eggs in normal dungeons is really good. My rate has been about 15 stamina per egg, and haven't even gotten to bonus rates on OoH or KoG yet. It's not nearly as time efficient as Star Vault, but everything else seems way better.
I like reading the PAD forums once in a while even though I don't have an account. It gives me a different perspective from our little OT community. It seems like they're greatly influenced by the Asian metagame and analysis which is great for me, because it gives me an English source to read about Eastern trends in PAD. Japanese and especially Korean boards are near-impossible to read with Google Translate. Lol. But you're right that it does seem to be a lot of bandwagon-jumping on the next best thing, and everything else is treated as worthless. But maybe it's just the few threads I've read. I dunno.

That's great about the 3x normals rates. That would be like getting 2 +eggs per run on SV which I think is an even better rate than SV which I've read averages 1.5 +eggs per run. Add the weekend rates to KoG plus the way higher experience and gold. Sounds like a winner.

^ Um...

chibi lmeta
chibi valk
chibi valk
Rei Sirius
????????
(chibi) Lmeta friend

looks like it would wreck a lot of things with light prong

And you can make Red Guan Yu + mass Ronias (with Uriel, Strawberry Dragon options too).

You have all the subs for a Ronia team and Red Guan Yu. Ronia Guide

Ronia
Ronia
Ronia
Hades
Lubu

Ronia
Ronia
Ronia
Belial
Lubu

Hera Ur and twin star ifrits are good subs for a Ronia team. You can use two or three ronias if you want more utility.

Red Guan Yu

Guan Yu
Ronia
Ronia
Ronia
Red Fruit Dragon

Top Bottom