• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Nobody said you do not need a single REM god, but unless you want to clear everything within a few months, you can attain all of them eventually. GungHo gives about 20 stones a month plus all those from clearing dungeons. Back in those days many of us spent a few stones to clear a descend, which is not a big cost.
++++

It's disingenuous to equate REM subs with IAP. A new or low rank player isn't rocking full REM exclusive teams without IAPing, yes. But a non-IAP player has plenty of older content to play before reaching things like the rushes or Challenge #10, where REM subs are more necessary. By that time, he/she should have gotten some good stuff from the REM unless he/she has terrible luck. Then you go with farmables :lol

FZZ

Banned
Nobody said you do not need a single REM god, but unless you want to clear everything within a few months, you can attain all of them eventually. GungHo gives about 20 stones a month plus all those from clearing dungeons. Back in those days many of us spent a few stones to clear a descend, which is not a big cost.

Horus with a completely farmable team can get Beezlebub and Athena and all the mats required. Actually, that's what I did.

My luck a year into the game before I started IAP only netted me a Misato AAA Wunder and Leilan which I did uevo but I still had no decent subs I could build around her. I don't think I could've cleared most descends with her, a few sure, but not most.

Idk REM is way too luck dependent, everyone ends up having a different experience and I don't see Juggler as that bad of a thing. I do agree with the fact Gung Ho give a lot of stones though, that much is true.

linsivvi

My luck a year into the game before I started IAP only netted me a Misato AAA Wunder and Leilan which I did uevo but I still had no decent subs I could build around her. I don't think I could've cleared most descends with her, a few sure, but not most.

Idk REM is way too luck dependent, everyone ends up having a different experience and I don't see Juggler as that bad of a thing. I do agree with the fact Gung Ho give a lot of stones though, that much is true.

Well the initial roll is important as that should be the God that allows you to reach end game. Once there, just use the free stones to brute force the descends that matter, then use the stones exclusively on stamina refresh to grind mats and level up. It has never been easier now that we have 5 mins stamina, Super Kings twice a day during events, Star Vault and Tamadra Retreat.

Athena can be cleared with a farmable team with starter dragon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRiXWPdN-iQ

Pretty sure with Leilan at worst you would just spend a couple stones.

How often were you pulling the REM during godfests? Surely, you managed to pick up some other great stuff during one year of play? Unless you were playing back when there were just fewer gods in general?

I personally think the "1.5x or 2x boxspaces per rank" rule of thumb is overstated and one can get by with 1x or less boxspace. Fewer stones on box space, continues, friend lists means more REM rolls!

Maid

Banned
I priority box spaces more, though. Already at 500 slots while only around 260+ rank.

I think you already had much better start than me. I started my journey with Parvati, way long before she got her 2nd uevo form.

I went the "REM over box space" route. Now I'm sitting at rank 313 with 290 box slots. I try to add some space every event, but I usually just fall victim to the temptation. I found myself hurting for space when I tried skilling up Meimei, and probably will again next time I need to evolve a skill up mob.

That said, I have no regrets as far as how I've spent my stones. I'm really happy overall with my box, and I've made good progress in the descends. I should have Beelzebub uvo'd by the end of this event, as long as I can get the jewel invades.

I priority box spaces more, though. Already at 500 slots while only around 260+ rank.
After clearing out a bunch of chasers and their evo mats today, I have more space than I know what to do with so I'm hoarding these kings until the event starts on Friday for better chances at GREAT/SUPER.

5F4sLCo.jpg

Who needs to hoard countless evo mats when 2x dailies are more common than 1x dailies these days?

linsivvi

[Duration]: 2/27 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 3/4 (Wed), 11:59 PM (PST)

Puzzle & Dragons is more than just a game. It’s a statement of elegance and design. That’s why the BEAMS Collaboration has finally arrived on North American shores.

Run this special collab gift dungeon to collect the I Love PAD Bear, a unique monster capable of staying at the height of vogue.

2/27 - 3/4 - BEAMS Collab (Can only run once!)

The I Love PAD Bear has eight Awoken Skills, making him capable of both repping his own personal brand and being an asset to your team.

Don’t miss out on BEAMS Collab--where Puzzle & Dragons meets sartorial excellence.

What is BEAMS?
BEAMS is a Men’s Casual label brought to life with the founding of the fashion company in 1976 in Japan.

BEAMS pursues comfortable everyday clothes with the theme of “Basic & Exciting.”

Hey, I can finally have a bind immune + bind recover mob!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh that's a cool collaboration unit - will be my first double anti skill block unit.

FZZ

Banned
Well the initial roll is important as that should be the God that allows you to reach end game. Once there, just use the free stones to brute force the descends that matter, then use the stones exclusively on stamina refresh to grind mats and level up. It has never been easier now that we have 5 mins stamina, Super Kings twice a day during events, Star Vault and Tamadra Retreat.

Athena can be cleared with a farmable team with starter dragon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRiXWPdN-iQ

Pretty sure with Leilan at worst you would just spend a couple stones.

I would've done this had I known Athena would become double prong goodness after prongs got buffed. I agree that it is possible to definitely get most end game content by acquiring farmable subs now, and then using those subs to get descend bosses but at the time when my box was so pathetic I couldn't even imagine doing it because of my lack of skill. It was simply daunting to me and as I assume to other players who just started as well.

How often were you pulling the REM during godfests? Surely, you managed to pick up some other great stuff during one year of play? Unless you were playing back when there were just fewer gods in general?

I personally think the "1.5x or 2x boxspaces per rank" rule of thumb is overstated and one can get by with 1x or less boxspace. Fewer stones on box space, continues, friend lists means more REM rolls!

I just checked, only pulled during god fests with the exception of the YOLO roll that got me an evolved Leilan. Starting roll was Ra who I honestly tried to play but I could never activate him. Second pull was D. Valk and this was before her second uevo plus the fact that there aren't many dark healers I never focused on her. People on GAF told me she was kinda useless at the time.

Then I pulled Hatsume, Misato, Leilan, and then Isis! Her 3x multiplier was kinda useless because Mistato gave me recovery, and Leilan had a 3.5x, so tried to uevo her into her B/L form. But this game has only given me two angelits total from PEM to this very day, one of which was used to uevo Leilan. And I was never able to run Friday dungeon so I couldn't do it (uevo Isis I mean).

After that it was just Perseus, but I never had that many good wood subs at the time (only had Mari & Eva who's active is absolutely useless and Dragon knight) also all the builds at the time were semi-luxury. After this there was a long long dry spell, 7 rolls from saved up stones from PC Godfest. Only gold was Hades...I was planning on quitting after this.

Then I got Red Guan Yu and Kirin after I IAP'd roughly 8 months into the game. I could've been more patient, but I wasn't. More my fault than anything, but I couldn't beat KoG and tackling most descends was incredibly hard. Maybe I just suck cause I never stuck to Ra, but I still have gotten hundreds of hours of enjoyment out of the game and I don't regret most of my choices IAP'ing lol.

J0dy77

What is everyone's experience with Pii farming so far?

I've realized that coin dungeons are by far and away the best thing to do in this game when not chasing descendeds. The experience is huge, great + egg drop rate and the feeder mobs are so much better than the normal dungeons. I gained 2 levels yesterday farming these. I'm doing about 75% of a level for a full tank of stamina.

Pii's have been the only thing lacking so far. I've cleared every alt dungeon and bought 3 dungeons yesterday and still have never seen one. These things are much worse than Tamadras in the Metal dungeons.

I'm going to keep plugging away at them and eventually I'm bound to get lucky. Just wanted to see how others are fairing and if I'm extremely unlucky.

Note: Forgot about fat kings last night and it's about time we got 3k rem. On another rant, stamina overflow was introduced in JP on 12/8. It's been 3 months gungho.

I've been keeping track of Pii sightings and drops. At close to 2000 stamina spent, I've seen 3 and one dropped.

I wish I had been keeping better track of +egg drops. I don't have any hard numbers, but it's like 1 every other run.

razterik

I'm around 6000 stamina in coin dungeons, 6 pii sightings, zero drops. I'm not even looking for them anymore, just doing this to burn stamina in a useful way when nothing else is going on.

linsivvi

What is everyone's experience with Pii farming so far?

I've realized that coin dungeons are by far and away the best thing to do in this game when not chasing descendeds. The experience is huge, great + egg drop rate and the feeder mobs are so much better than the normal dungeons. I gained 2 levels yesterday farming these. I'm doing about 75% of a level for a full tank of stamina.

Pii's have been the only thing lacking so far. I've cleared every alt dungeon and bought 3 dungeons yesterday and still have never seen one. These things are much worse than Tamadras in the Metal dungeons.

I'm going to keep plugging away at them and eventually I'm bound to get lucky. Just wanted to see how others are fairing and if I'm extremely unlucky.

Note: Forgot about fat kings last night and it's about time we got 3k rem. On another rant, stamina overflow was introduced in JP on 12/8. It's been 3 months gungho.

I had 2 drops in the first round of coin dungeon and none ever since. Doesn't really matter since I mostly run it for xp and +eggs anyway.

razterik

Drop Horus and if you need the enhance, Shaitan has a skill boost. Or Christmas Hera with her gravity.

Anyone have a convincing reason to skill Undine? I'm not impressed with the skill up drop rate, feels like a waste. Lakshmi and PQ Hera-Is are better enhancers and there are more flexible damage reduction options. Don't care about Mercury or the knight invade.

Ducarmel

I can run that.

Are you just looking for 1 extra skill boost?

Looking at my box I have Red Riding Hood or Norn of the Past, Urd to replace Horus for that one skill boost

I also have Mamiya, Belial, Shiva, Firedragon, even a second un-evo Minerva

Edit: I also have Shaitan too.

cw_sasuke

So when going against Hera Ur you have to more or less one-shot her before she attacks with UY. Would Undine active skill work to stop her for 3 turns ? Or how exactly does it work, i would assume all attacks from Hera Ur are fire based.

3 turns would be enough to setup the board if i get orb trolled on the boss stage. The again stalling for +15 rounds doesnt seem likely on Mythical lol....

Other question about the Mini 3K PEM - are the drop guarenteed to be Minigods if you pull for 1K PAL points or is it still random that you could need up with crap ? The only unit i could really need is LuBu Mini because i dont have the real version, but if its random and mixed with regular PAL crap units i might bother with 1-2 potential pulls.

razterik

Hera-Ur binds blue for 10 turns above 50% HP. Even if you hit Undine first, you're still dead. Take delay instead if you can't one hit her. This is one of those places where Echidna can be useful even on UmiYama.

Mini 3k is only those units in a separate PAL machine. No junk.

Jagernaut

With Undine's skill you would be immune to fire damage for 3 turns. Against Hera-Ur this wouldn't help you because on her first turn she will bind all water cards for 10 turns. You need to kill her in 1 turn or delay her.

Do you have Sun Quan? If not try to get mini Sun Quan from the mini 3K pal machine or use Echidna.

The status shield is pre-emptive on Mythical, so SQ/Echidna aren't working there. You either need to one-shot her or drop her to 25% and kill her on the next turn.

Jagernaut

I forget about the shield too. For most of these descends I just use Ronia and one shot the bosses without using delays. There's usually at least 1 floor where i can stall for awhile with Ronia's amazing team rcv. Great for jewel farming.

cw_sasuke

Ok thanks guys...well that sucks. Yeah i have SQ and would need him to one shot her, but getting orb trolled on the last stage would mean game over which kinds sucks. Maybe i will just give it a go, if the orbs are ready for at least 1x TPA and activation it might be enough even if SQ isnt ready with U&Y.

But no junk for the Mini PAL machine is cool...hell i might get a LuBu Mini with a bit luck.

razterik

Not sure Isis will be enough since she only clears 2 turns and Ifrit binds up to 4 and will be hitting for over 16k. I usually take an armor penetration unit, like UFO or Ra. Have to be careful with Blue Sonia teams because of +20k hits and the dark/blue binds.

linsivvi

Yep, high hp teams is the way to go against Hera-Ur.

I farmed the dungeon with this team:
Beelzebub
Haku
Darkseid
Lilith
Baddie
Ronia

Darkseid is for Ifrit and to buy you another turn against Hera-Ur if necessary.
Haku and Lilith to one shot Minerva.
Hit Hera-Ur a couple times then use Ronia, Baddie and Beelzebub to finish her.

J0dy77

I've been keeping track of Pii sightings and drops. At close to 2000 stamina spent, I've seen 3 and one dropped.

I wish I had been keeping better track of +egg drops. I don't have any hard numbers, but it's like 1 every other run.

I'm around 6000 stamina in coin dungeons, 6 pii sightings, zero drops. I'm not even looking for them anymore, just doing this to burn stamina in a useful way when nothing else is going on.

Yup, I'm going to keep doing the same. The coin dungeons are great on there own, the pii benefit is just the cherry on top. I just wanted to get a feel for how rare these things really were. Kind of wish it was just bad luck.

xCobalt

What's the longest you guys have been bounded by a Tamadra? I just ran the thursday dungeon and my Shiva was bounded for like 25 turns.

What's the longest you guys have been bounded by a Tamadra? I just ran the thursday dungeon and my Shiva was bounded for like 25 turns.

Personally, the longest I have been bound by a Tama was 18 turns, and it caused me to fail the dungeon. The highest overall binding? 30 binds on dark during twinlits first floor

I have a high win rate on Thursday's triFruits, so I don't bring her, but for Friday Twinlits? I bring my Amaterasu (a Ceres would work too) Complete bind clear and full heal, its practically required as a just in case you get massively bound on the First floor. With two Ronias, if I stack a full row of hearts I can clear 6 bind turns for trifruits, which also helps

Drop Horus and if you need the enhance, Shaitan has a skill boost. Or Christmas Hera with her gravity.
My Shaitan and Christmas Hera aren't leveled at all, so that project will have to wait for a later time. Meanwhile I need two Devilits to uvo Pandora, so of course I'm 2/2 on Angelits so far.

cw_sasuke

So i just did Hera-Ur on Legend, sadly i didnt get the drop. The dungeon was straightforward and i OHKO everything, didnt get orb trolled on the final stage...well and killed her.
Probably could have gone for Mythical as well and hoped to not get orb trolled on the stages. One i skill up U&Y and Kushi it should get easier handling orb trolling early in the stage.

Thats my 3rd Dec Boss cleared after Valkyre on Legend, Athena on Mythical and now Hera-Ur. Seems like i only go for females...lol. BUt Hera Ur can be a good Ronia sub from what i have read.

Yeah Hera Ur can be rough without the right subs. Kali is a life saver for the final floor with U&Y. Makes the dungeon much safer.

Hehe yeah with DKali i would be more adventurous when it comes to descendants xD

Maid

Banned
Thats my 3rd Dec Boss cleared after Valkyre on Legend, Athena on Mythical and now Hera-Ur. Seems like i only go for females...lol. BUt Hera Ur can be a good Ronia sub from what i have read.

She's the reason I can clear KoG reliably. I always fall short a bit with my old Ronia team.

linsivvi

If it ends up dominating the metagame in Japan, the effect will be felt here as well, since Gungho will need to change their dungeon design to reflect that.

Hoping this is a joke translation: "The reliable use of Juggler remains highly difficult as it is still dependent on teambuilding, developing monsters, and puzzling skill."

Top Bottom