• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

tr4656

just changed to my iphone 6, didnt need any codes or anything i had the game backed up in my pc. so i guess its all cool. expected to see pad in a higher res im dissapointed.... it looks super crisp in the regular iphone 5 screen, iphone 6 looks like shit.

It's definitely not perfectly crisp but its decent. You can't really expect much with GungHo.

J0dy77

This is a very very scary moment for this game:

http://youtu.be/uLm6UGvVPYA

The card is juggler from final Fantasy collab and gives a 7x multiplier for matching 2 sets of hearts.

http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1901

In glad that this final Fantasy crystal defenders collab is never going to make it over to us after watching that video.

I have no clue what gungho was thinking making a character that easy and strong. It is flat out over powered and game breaking. The power creep they will have to implement to balance this character could make a lot of other teams useless.

Having a card like this makes the whole game trivial. I wouldn't even want to play anymore.

Edit: here they are demolishing the new endless corridors. One shots every boss in the hardest dungeon in the game. Good call gungho.

http://youtu.be/XiOLHKxDXeQ

Yeah I'm pretty sure they need to just nerf the Juggler. It's not something Gungho has a history of doing, but I think this card deserves it. Those teams are putting out millions of damage per turn with hardly more effort than an Athena team.

Jagernaut

I'm sure some people spent a lot for that card. I don't know if they can nerf it without a huge backlash. That team requires multiple hyper maxed Pandoras, how many people have that many? I don't even have a single Pandora.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Dont see the big issue since this isnt a PvP game.

I mean lets be honest if you are a whale and spend a ton of time with the game you will have a bunch of broken teams. Whole squad +297 with the best REM exclusives and many dungeons are easy. Some of the most popular and strongest teams are quite easy to play.

I would be shocked if you couldnt "steamroll" most dungeons when you are nearly Rank 1000 and spend thousand of dollars on the game - i mean otherwise those dungeons would be just impossible for non heavy iAP users.

seady

Yes the Juggler is definitely OP. I don't know what Gungho was thinking. Two combo of hearts (+ one other combo for giving damage) is super easy to do. Especially with heart+color orb changer such as Hero God or Angels.

They can't nerf it though because many people already spent a lot just trying to get that card.

razterik

These dungeons are hard even with full +297 teams. Those new Endless bosses are over 9 million HP.

I think this is the next Horus moment. Once Horus went 4x, every card after had to be comparable power creep and all dungeons had to be designed with him in mind.

cw_sasuke

The bosses in the linked video have 9 million hp? I thought this was the standard Beelzebub Desc, haven't done it myself.

1 shooting 9 million hp bosses like fodder is crazy though xD

razterik

First one is Devil Rush, a Legend plus dungeon. He one shots the fat metal with 1.5 million armor.

The second is the new Endless. Zaerog and Sonia Gran have super high HP. He doesn't one shot them because Zaerog absorbs dark at first and Sonia Gran revives when killed above 50%. She also has a 50% light/dark shield.

Bonkers.

J0dy77

I'm sure some people spent a lot for that card. I don't know if they can nerf it without a huge backlash. That team requires multiple hyper maxed Pandoras, how many people have that many? I don't even have a single Pandora.

The example being run is extreme with 4 Pandoras but they're far from required. You can have double drawn joker and CDK and still see a huge amount of success.There are tons of cards that will activate this leader skill.

Dont see the big issue since this isnt a PvP game.

I mean lets be honest if you are a whale and spend a ton of time with the game you will have a bunch of broken teams. Whole squad +297 with the best REM exclusives and many dungeons are easy. Some of the most popular and strongest teams are quite easy to play.

I would be shocked if you couldnt "steamroll" most dungeons when you are nearly Rank 1000 and spend thousand of dollars on the game - i mean otherwise those dungeons would be just impossible for non heavy iAP users.

I see this comment a lot but don't agree. If people, especially whales are obtaining cards like this and making the game trivial they get bored and stop playing because the challenge is gone. So Gungho has to create new content designed to stop these OP teams and keept the whales swimming. This trickles down to every other team and card in the game. What can they do to stop this type of mechanic, block dark attacks? Now every other dark team is screwed. It's a slippery slope and I really don't like it.

That LS is insanely easy to activate even without an active skill. Double drawn joker max skill with any of the dozens of dark mobs with Row enhance or TPA in the other slot and you crush everything. The 49x active on it's own is enough to crush almost everything, you dont even need tpa/RE.

Compare this to Horus or Kirin who are difficult to activate, requiring at least 5 combos and do a 1/3 of the damage that Juggler does with three matches. If I'm a new player and pull this card, I'd never have played this long. The fun I had with this game and the reason I played so long was the slow climb and the feeling of accomplishment from clearing new content, slowly climbing and improving.

Final Point and I'll stop ranting. This clearly seems like someone screwed up. Maybe they meant to make it a 3x attack and someone made a typo. I mean for all of the characters to make OP, why would you choose a random mob from a crap game? Juggler?

Ronia was bad enough, this is just game breaking. Very sad day for PAD.

Jagernaut

Drawn Joker and CDK both change light orbs so you can't use them together. To one shot these bosses you need to make heart orbs and attack orbs at the same time. That means Heroes or Angels. You still need heavily plussed teams and orb matching skills because you have to stall until your actives are up and there is no hp or rcv multiplier. You are also vulnerable to jammers, poison, and bosses changing your heart orbs until the Juggler actives are ready. It's not that easy for the average player.

Edit. What's wrong with Ronia? She has great recovery but her atk is not overpowered without Lu Bu/King Baddie.

J0dy77

Drawn Joker and CDK both change light orbs so you can't use them together. To one shot these bosses you need to make heart orbs and attack orbs at the same time. That means Heroes or Angels. You still need heavily plussed teams and orb matching skills because you have to stall until your actives are up and there is no hp or rcv multiplier. You are also vulnerable to jammers, poison, and bosses changing your heart orbs until the Juggler actives are ready. It's not that easy for the average player.

Edit. What's wrong with Ronia? She has great recovery but her atk is not overpowered without Lu Bu/King Baddie.

Yeah, my mistake on CDK/DJ combo. I was ranting but still doesn't change the opinion. There are a lot of cards you can put in those last two spots and make the team extremely OP. Having 6 hearts and 1 or 2 combos of dark is just way too easy to do in my opinion. It's early and this is a knee jerk reaction to seeing the card in action but 49x is insane.

Think about how hard RA is to activate and he doesn't even get to use the benefit of TPA or RE because of the requirements and isn't Mono Dark and bind immune.

The comment about Ronia was more of a community opinion, she makes a lot of content trivial just by having her. She was the #1 card in the game up until this point.

Jagernaut

49x is ridiculous but you won't get that crazy damage on the videos from 1 or 2 dark orb combos. You need row enhances and since ultimate Pandora has 2 dark row enhances, using 4 of them gives you 8 dark rows and double orb change. Pandora is the perfect sub for that team.

Tobe

That card is bonkers. I don't gung-ho nerfing the damage but the activation. Maybe 3 sets of hearts? Cutting Down the roow damage.

I see this comment a lot but don't agree. If people, especially whales are obtaining cards like this and making the game trivial they get bored and stop playing because the challenge is gone. So Gungho has to create new content designed to stop these OP teams and keept the whales swimming. This trickles down to every other team and card in the game. What can they do to stop this type of mechanic, block dark attacks? Now every other dark team is screwed. It's a slippery slope and I really don't like it.

That LS is insanely easy to activate even without an active skill. Double drawn joker max skill with any of the dozens of dark mobs with Row enhance or TPA in the other slot and you crush everything. The 49x active on it's own is enough to crush almost everything, you dont even need tpa/RE.

Compare this to Horus or Kirin who are difficult to activate, requiring at least 5 combos and do a 1/3 of the damage that Juggler does with three matches. If I'm a new player and pull this card, I'd never have played this long. The fun I had with this game and the reason I played so long was the slow climb and the feeling of accomplishment from clearing new content, slowly climbing and improving.

Final Point and I'll stop ranting. This clearly seems like someone screwed up. Maybe they meant to make it a 3x attack and someone made a typo. I mean for all of the characters to make OP, why would you choose a random mob from a crap game? Juggler?

Ronia was bad enough, this is just game breaking. Very sad day for PAD.
I agree with everything in this post.

razterik

I've seen several people mention this, but I highly doubt Juggler gets changed or nerfed. All the JP whales (and most others) are pulling for this card now. GungHo would have to refund every pull on the collab machine and that still wouldn't cover the issue. Players would quit, especially the most lucrative ones.

Juggler is here to stay (in JP, lol NA, enjoy the after effects with none of the benefit).

49x is ridiculous but you won't get that crazy damage on the videos from 1 or 2 dark orb combos. You need row enhances and since ultimate Pandora has 2 dark row enhances, using 4 of them gives you 8 dark rows and double orb change. Pandora is the perfect sub for that team.

Thing is that for a lot of content you won't need that crazy damage. The guy's outputting several million each turn. In many descends you really only need 1-2 million for some floors, and then a bit more for the boss.

It also seems odd that some random collab monster is stronger than a lot of Special Gods. Like this this seems significantly better than Kali. Or any other "match x for y multiplier" god. Is Juggler one of those gold eggs like Wetatron where it's a 1% chance?

cw_sasuke

Extreme King Metal Dragon is back tomorrow - i shall have my revenge
LLShC.gif

@J0dy77

I get your point, lets see how this "fiasco" plays out. I am not worried at this point, no matter what follows next i doubt that Gung Ho will introduce any changes to screw all regular players just to appease a couple whales. If they do...well they are enough other interesting games to play - their loss.

Well, from precedent, every other time they wanted the metagame the following happened:
AA Luci: the game sucked for a while with all those descendeds with high HP and high damage
Killua: they added 4th awakenings to every REM god, net positive
Row awakenings: we got Wadatsumi and that's about it
Ronia: combo challenges

Quantum

Extreme King Metal Dragon is back tomorrow - i shall have my revenge
LLShC.gif

@J0dy77

I get your point, lets see how this "fiasco" plays out. I am not worried at this point, no matter what follows next i doubt that Gung Ho will introduce any changes to screw all regular players just to appease a couple whales. If they do...well they are enough other interesting games to play - their loss.

Its been shown a few times that 0.15% of players (15/10000) generate almost 50% of freemium/iap revenue.

you better believe the game is designed to cater to the whales.

edit: full disclosure - I'd roll for it.

FZZ

Banned
Its been shown a few times that 0.15% of players (15/10000) generate almost 50% of freemium/iap revenue.

you better believe the game is designed to cater to the whales.

edit: full disclosure - I'd roll for it.

I rolled for it.

Got him. Now what do I do GAF. My JP account is only rank 34 lol.

I'm gonna have to level up with extreme kings if I want to do more than one run. It's not worth wasting 70 stamina per stone. If only there were some kind of mechanic that kept all that extra stamina from being wasted...

I'm gonna have to level up with extreme kings if I want to do more than one run. It's not worth wasting 70 stamina per stone. If only there were some kind of mechanic that kept all that extra stamina from being wasted...
We still haven't gotten the increased PAL pt update yet. Stamina overflow could happen in the latter half of the year at this rate :lol

colinp

Banned
Are they for the same quantity over there in terms of price?

The yen-dollar changes everyday if that's what you mean.

When I sell itunes or PSN cards I keep it at 1:100, so for a 3000 yen iTunes card i ask for $30. Depending on the exchange rate I either do well or poorly, but I keep it at that (mostly because I turn around and use that money for US iTunes, PSN or eshop cards).

I have no idea what the price of stones in game is though.

Quantum

there is an 80% itunes deal running right now (50 or 100 us) on ebay

its listed on pretty much every deal site, and I've bought a ton of them so I know its on the level if anyone is looking for more spacebucks for the us store.

PAX East Event Pt. 1
[Duration]: 2/27 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 3/4 (Wed), 11:59 PM (PST)
We’ve already said it--we’re going to Boston! While we’re traveling amidst the great New England territory, we wanted to put together this content for you!
It’s some of the best yet, with new collabs, a special challenge dungeon, and more. Stay tuned for more details on our activities at PAX, and more event info!
■① Daily Login Bonuses
2/27 - 3/4 - 1 free Magic Stone
*Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.
■② Overcoming Obstacles!
There’s no stopping what’s coming next! We’ve given you all possible avenues to explore, including the new Ultimate Dragon Rush!
2/28 - 3/1 - Ultimate Dragon Rush! (NEW!)
3/2 - 3/3 - Ultimate Devil Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
3/4 - 3/5 - Ultimate Hera Rush! *Spirit Jewels invades may appear!*
■③ Taking on New Challenges!
The Challenge Dungeons always give new opportunities for growth and rewards for your monsters. Crank up the difficulty with the Descended Challenge, showcasing classic descends and valuable rewards for each.
2/27 - 3/10 - Descended Challenge!
■④ Putting the Cool in Collaboration
We didn’t bring just one, but multiple collabs into this event. Be sure to check them all out, and stay tuned as we announce more!
2/27 - 3/1 - Poring Tower
3/2 - 3/8 - GungHo Collaboration
For details on the GungHo Collaboration, see here:
■⑤ Special Event Dungeon Schedule
The Spirit Jewels are active from 2/27 to 3/10!
*Starting from 2/27, the Spirit Jewels will only appear in floors of Mythical difficulty or above, but with increased rates!
See here for details:
2/27 - Izanami Descended!
2/28 - Heracles Descended!
3/1 - Zeus Mercury Descended!
3/1 - Draggie!
3/2 - Dark Knight!
3/2 - Mephisto Descended!
3/3 - Hera-Beorc Descended!
3/3 - Dragon Zombie!
3/4 - The Thief Descended!
■⑥ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
2/27 - 3/4 - Rare Evo Materials
Dungeon Bonus:
5x chance for +Eggs to appear in Technical Dungeons
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
Fusion Bonus:
2x chance for 'GREAT!' or 'SUPER!!' EXP Gain
2x Skill Up rate
Drop Bonus:
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
2x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon
*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here:
No more invades in legend descends? Wonder how much the mythical invade rate is buffed by?

Mini 3k in the second part? After I have time to get to 50 pal pulls thanks to the descended challenges?

Awesome...

I'm going to have so many pii's thanks to challenge descended...

razterik

No more invades in legend descends? Wonder how much the mythical invade rate is buffed by?

This is new. Not even in JP as far as I'm aware. Interesting, but now I don't know the rate increase and if it's worth stoning for.

Also, 5x tech.

And they go to PAX East but not South? I see how it is...

Maid

Banned
Is it worth to feed light Pii for Amaterasu? Skilling her is a huge pain in the ass, and she's my only one bind removers that has bind resistant.

Arkv

Neo Member
Is it worth to feed light Pii for Amaterasu? Skilling her is a huge pain in the ass, and she's my only one bind removers that has bind resistant.

Me and my friends have fed countless Yatagarasus. Not. A. Single. Skillup. Anecdotally speaking it's pretty much certain it has some incredibly reduced skillup rate compared to everything else. Might as well farm piis.

This is new. Not even in JP as far as I'm aware. Interesting, but now I don't know the rate increase and if it's worth stoning for.

Also, 5x tech.

And they go to PAX East but not South? I see how it is...

Well, it was how the orb invades were initially, so technically it's now new :V

razterik

Ten piis is like 50 stones as a super low estimate. I know there's not a lot of worthy light cards, but there's got to be something coming that's a better investment. I guess if you absolutely have to have her.

Should get TsuXna in here to give an opinion since he maxed his.

Well, it was how the orb invades were initially, so technically it's now new :V

Yeah, true. But I don't think they reduced rates in mythical when the legend invades were introduced? So the rate up is what catches my eye. Is it better than the 1.5x, basically.

scottnak

Robin x Kushinadahime finally got me past Blue Bowl Dragon!

Still got a long way to go to trying to make the most of the board...
Just more respect for people who can mange those crazy combos.

quin

I spent almost 10,000 yen trying to get the juggler. Didn't drop.

Sometimes this game...

Against my better judgement i pulled 4 more times and it dropped on pull 4.

Top Bottom