• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Congrats on 500, GC.

Seems like a lot of high rank players are quitting or taking breaks lately.
Thanks! Felt rather anticlimactic, though. I don't really concentrate on rank-ups anymore. All about +eggs and selective skillups nowadays. I guess I should start farming coin dungeons. The only one I've run is King Carnival when I needed to quickly level some mobs.

jay23

2x skill up and the rates are still terrible, I'm not wasting any stones because they have a shit system in place. I see why so many high level guys quit.

I'm confused by these additional awakenings. I thought they were something you earn throughout the new game mode, but don't affect the rest of the game. Adding 9 new awakenings to every monster seems excessive.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hopefully so, otherwise I'm done with Poring. Just had a run give me one drop. One. Twenty five stamina, in exchange for a 1/100(0?) chance to skill up a monster I don't even have.
Have to agree, the drops so far have been quite bad and they usually drop the more expendable skill up units like shuffle all Orbs or the one for Siren.

I did 50 stamina Poring Tower once yesterday because I needed the clear and while demons show up there your chance of getting skill ups like Ghostring seems higher.

Then again it's 50 stamina... Don't remember the expert drops being so lackluster.

2x Expert was always the way to go unless you needed the boss drop. I might drop a few stones on stamina since I really could use a max skill Cu Chu and my Valk has been lingering at 7 turn CD for the longest time.

cw_sasuke

2x Expert was always the way to go unless you needed the boss drop. I might drop a few stones on stamina since I really could use a max skill Cu Chu and my Valk has been lingering at 7 turn CD for the longest time.
Maxing Chu Cu was also my goal... First attempt went 0/5. Makes me understand why people quit because of skill up, especially on Skill up that need to be leveled and evolved first.

FZZ

Banned
First roll in JP godfest yielded a Thor, who I actually kinda wanted to mess around with, then it all went downhill from there.

Yeah about that are JP rates worse than NA?

I only got a troll gold with Berry Dragon, good sub for Juggler but other than that useless to me, and an Undine...

cw_sasuke

I think i can skip the Minis PAL machine now. 3pulls.

- Lu Bu
- Crap
- Muse

I have to work on my Ronia team now that i have LuBu. Starting with her awakenings.

Edit:

Is it better to use LuBu as a leader with a Sonia sub and team up with Ronia Friend Leaders ? Or both Ronia leaders with a LuBu sub ?

J0dy77

- Lu Bu
- Crap
- Muse

I have to work on my Ronia team now that i have LuBu. Starting with her awakenings.

Edit:

Is it better to use LuBu as a leader with a Sonia sub and team up with Ronia Friend Leaders ? Or both Ronia leaders with a LuBu sub ?

Depends on the dungeon. If mobs hit higher than 20k you want to run lu bu with ronia. Or if healing isn't an issue run lu bu.

Or get ultimate beelzebub and always run him. :)

I need your luck in the rem. I've been on an awful cold streak. The pulls this morning :

Sea serpent
Dragon samurai
Golem

Seriously F gungho this week.

cw_sasuke

Alright thanks - i will try to get Beelzebub if i ever get all the jewels his Ult Evo needs xD

My crap unit was also the Sea Serpent...i was like..damn, didn't knew such units can drop as well during a Godfest. If it as at least his Ult Evo version, but regular just looks stupid.

smbu2000

Wow, I had a really good GF on both my accounts.

iPad: (in order)
Andromeda (my 3rd one)
Pandora (yay!)
Radious
Skuld (very nice!)
Radios (again?)
Ra (my 2nd one)

4 Gold and 2 silvers. Very good for 6 pulls. Can definitely use Pandora on my Ronia team or do the reverse trying to make a Pandora team. I guess I'm glad I got that second Hanzo in the last GF.
Need to see if I can make a Skuld team.

iPhone (main): (once again in order)
Andromeda (3rd one here, too)
Pandora (yay!)
Grape Dragon evolved version (gold egg...)
Verdandi (very nice, got Urd last GF)
Goetia (wish I got her before the HnK collab. ended)
Verdandi (another one?!?)
Gabriel (useful for Andromeda, maybe)

Anyway, very happy with this GF. 7 out of 7 golds (1 was a troll gold). Hard to do much better than that.

Not including my terrible luck with the HnK collab. I've had good luck these past two GFs on my main account. Last time I got Ronia, Blodin and Urd and today Pandora and Verdandi x 2. Very happy, right now.

I'm going to have to do the Thursday dungeon a lot now to skill up Ronia, Urd and Verdandi(s). At least only one of them (blue fruit) will be worthless to me.

@smbu

Congrats, i would probably go crazy if they release these DBZ cards in the west :eek:
I should have my first +297 cards in a couple of weeks as well with U&Y - looking forward to it.
Thanks. I'm was really excited to get him. I haven't really used my other DBZ collab. characters, but he is really handy and powerful. I use my Vegeta team to clear Thursday and Friday dungeons.

Nice! It's great to have a maxed out character like that, especially one who you use regularly as a leader. Vegetal is only my second 297 character (LMeta was the first), and I just started working on LKali.

- Lu Bu
It might still be worth it to pull. If you get mini Lu Bu's you can use them to try and skill up your real one. I picked up a skill level on my Sun Quan, using a mini one as fodder.

hermit7

Rolled 5 times. In order got
vishnu
Fortoytops
blue Odin 4th
Lubu
Chrono turtle

Really happy with lubu. Will help the stats and burst of my devil team. Was hoping for the chibi but this will be better for its awakenings. I may keep a chibi in case a second burst is necessary.

Unsure what to do with a 4th blue Odin. I have two that are already max Awoken and levelled. I don't think four on one team is viable.

Ducarmel

Yolo on my main, got another Urd. Was hoping for Dark Valk or D Meta or Lu Bu.

I got 2 more rolls, will think hard about using them later.

Edit
7 rolls on my JP alt 3 golds 3 silvers and a star egg

Gold eggs
Kirin
B. Sonia
Yomi

Silver Eggs
Golem
Shiatan
Pierdrawn

Star Egg
Golem

Really disappointing to get farmable stuff. As for my golds they don't fit with anything I'm trying to do right now in the game.

Screw anyone who voted for Horus or Grodin in that pcgf. Knew I was going to pull those two again as soon as I saw them on the list. I can almost field an entire team of Grodins at this point...

Ten pulls.

Golds
2nd Sonia
Lubu
2nd Parvati

The rest was silver and star eggs. Crap.

Kinda don't know what to feel. My sonia team became more awesome but I kinda moved on from her to my Dmeta team and really wanted Hanzo, Durga, Pandora, DValk. Basically anything to make my Dmeta team better. Got none.

Yolo rolled a Krishna. I have a lot of good subs for him so I'm very happy with it.

Edit: OK I've been thinking about it a bit and I'd love some opinions.

Krishna, Chiyome, Kagu, Dino Rider, ???, Krishna

That blank spot will probably go to uvo Cao Cao in general, but I could also go with Laila (I have 2) or uvo Hera-Ur (once I've made her...). I have some serious work to do skilling up Dino Rider, Cao Cao, and Laila (if she ever gets one), but this will be a nice long term project.

K so this is my new go to team.

Ronia
Ronia
Haku
Haku
Lubu
Ronia

Sometimes I'll throw Lubu as a leader. So many dark enhancements, skill boost and orb changes. I am in love.

8 dark row
3 red row
9 skill boost
3 extend time
Bunch of other orb enhance

hermit7

Thoughts on this Pandora team?

Pandora
Hanzo (max skilled)
Haku (skill level 4)
Dvalk (max skilled)
Haku
Friend Pandora

When her ultimate makes it state side this team will have 10 rows, bunch of skill boosts and all pretty quick orb changers.

Pandora
Hanzo (max skilled)
Haku (skill level 4)
Dvalk (max skilled)
Haku
Friend Pandora

When her ultimate makes it state side this team will have 10 rows, bunch of skill boosts and all pretty quick orb changers.
Awesome. Some will say the second Haku is better off replaced because of her inconsistent orb change without a second Hanzo but Her stats and awakenings are too good.

Also a first for me yesterday. Did three single feeds for skill ups on three different monsters and they all got a skill up. Maxed one Haku. And started working on Lu Bu and my second haku.

J0dy77

Said F it after the disaster rolls this morning and threw my last 5 stones at the REM... Dark Kali. Only my second Godfest only mob in 800 days. Not sure how I feel about her yet but seems like an amazing grand Sonia team member.

Almost makes up for the trash this morning.

razterik

Pandora
Hanzo (max skilled)
Haku (skill level 4)
Dvalk (max skilled)
Haku
Friend Pandora

8 rows is enough to murder most things if you are putting plus eggs in this. Second Byakko is suboptimal with Dark Valk unless you really need two board changes (like for Beelzebub in Challenge 10). Of course, max skill Hanzo means you can hit second Byakko active at five turns as opposed to waiting 9 turns for the first to recharge.

Generally, I would drop second Byakko for a utility, like Dark Tron for orb enhance and shield or Dark Izanami. Maybe Persephone for more burst.

J0dy77

Started playing my jp account after all of the juggler nonsense started. Had one roll left for the pc Godfest... Ronia! Lol

Why couldn't that be US?

I always forget that poring tower is a collab.

Still they need to start making collabs coin dungeons. I feel like skill ups are too important a part of this game to limit each opportunity to two weeks at a time, three or four months apart. But I guess that's how they make money...

After this godfest I'm wondering what my strongest team would be for descends out of Dark focused Ronia, Red focused Ronia or Dark Metatron. Awakenings and skill ups will come if they aren't there already just want to know what teams I should focus on. I know not every team is best for every descend just want to know what my best possible builds are with what I have. Below are all the leader subs that would work on these three teams.

Dark Devils
Divine Flying General, Lu Bu
Banishing Claw Byakko, Haku X2
5 Mech Dragon Combo, Hadar
Moonbeam Fang, Lilith
Jester Dragon, Drawn Joker
Dark Liege, Vampire Duke
Cyclone Devil Dragon
BAO Batman+Remote Claw
Awoken Hera
Joker
Cerberus, the Guardian of Hell
CoC P.E.K.K.A
Zombie Dragon

Red Devils
Marvelous Red Dragon Caller, Sonia X2
Surging Demon Lord, Belial
Awoken Hera Ur
Shaitan, the Flame Elemental
Holy Knight Santa Clause Hera

Dmeta Subs
Arbiter of Judgment. Metatron
Seraph of Dawn Lucifer
The Tenth Angel
Chaos Dragon Knight, Voice
Dark Samurai Dragon
Gamble Mage x2
Hamajime
Grape Dragon

razterik

I went through a few KoG to finish a rank up in NA tonight and I was disappointed when I only got one plus egg drop per run.

JP's 3x normal has ruined me. How am I going to run 5x tech on Monday now. Ahhh.

linsivvi

Did Ultimate Dragon Rush a couple times with a Kirin team to get that S rank.

It's been such a long time since I used Kirin.

Top Bottom