• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Godfest Announcement
[Duration]: 2/28 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 3/1 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PST)
Indian Series Gods descend at the Godfest! With a variety of orb enhances and status-changing active skills, their disciplines are vast and prolific.
These two series also include their 6★ evolved forms--that means even more Gods have a chance to appear!
For this Godfest, Guan Yu is available at standard 1x Rates. Odin, Metatron, Sonia, Zhuge Liang, Apocalypse, Kali, and the Norn Series are available at 3x Rates.
- Indian Series 1 -
236 Shiva
238 Lakshmi
240 Parvati
242 Indra
244 Vritra
- Indian Series 2 -
1330 Krishna
1332 Sarasvati
1334 Vishnu
1336 Ganesha
1338 Durga
- Special -
362 Odin
364 Odin, the War Deity
1107 Phantom God Odin
640 Archangel Metatron
642 Dark Angel Metatron
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
1241 Bearded Deity, Guan Yu (Standard 1x Rate)
1243 Loyal Deity, Guan Yu (Standard 1x Rate)
1359 Apocalypse
1372 Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1374 Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1585 Goddess of Secrets, Kali
1587 Goddess of Power, Kali
1669 The Norn Urd
1671 The Norn Verdandi
1673 The Norn Skuld
My stones will continue to pile up until the next godfest.

Jagernaut

First Godfest I'm skipping for a long time. I already have Durga, Krishna, Vishnu, 3 Vritra, 2 Parvati, and Lakshmi.

From puzzledragonx.com:

https://twitter.com/DaikeYamamoto/status/571174832550752256

"インド神とエジプト神の一部も究極覚醒の準備してるし、これからもお楽しみに!*(^o^)/*"

Ultimate Awoken Evos for some Indian and Egyptian gods are in preparation.

Please buff Awoken Horus with a better active and good awakenings.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh another Godfest ? Fells like the last ones was just yesterday. Gotta take my chances and hope for Kali *believe*

Getting Shiva would be also cool for Ronia.

Shouldn't it be LKali?

Either one works, really. But DKali comes with an extra skill boost and time extend.

Yeah, and covering the Dark color for UY is always a bit more difficult so i would prefer DKali. But LKali would be great as well of course, but if i could choose i would use DKali and bench Yomi until i can skill her up a bit. I never get to use her active.

Tobe

only card i would want is shiva, i got like 10 skill up monsters for him
fukcing finally awoken lakshmi, my second god i hope she gets useful.
bKHi4fL.jpg

Maid

Banned
only card i would want is shiva, i got like 10 skill up monsters for him
fukcing finally awoken lakshmi, my second god i hope she gets useful.
bKHi4fL.jpg

Oh god. Fucking finally. I've been shelving her for at least 8 months since I can't find a use for her.

colinp

Banned
3K pal officially starts next Wednesday!

Mini Three Kingdoms Pal Egg Machine
[Duration]: 3/4 (Wed), 12:00 AM (PST) - 3/10 (Tues), 11:59 PM (PDT)
They may be small, but their stature is great! Originally just Five Elements Gods, the minis have now reached the Three Kingdoms period!
Available as a special Pal Egg Machine, each pull is 1000 Pal Points. Pull on that mighty Dragon’s arm to get great NEW monsters such as life dragon, zhuge liang, cao cao, and lu bu!
This special Pal Egg event is available until the end of the PAX East Event, so be sure to gather as many Pal Points as you can. If you’re in need of a few extra points, you can find friends for chances to get some more:
See below for the lineup of all seven monsters:
5 ★
1821 guan yu
1823 life dragon, zhuge liang
4 ★
1811 cao cao
1813 sun quan
1815 liu bei
1817 da qiao & xiao qiao
1819 lu bu

cw_sasuke

Would Midnight Gala be you best shot to get Hanzo ? I havent pulled outside a Godfest since i started PaD and wont do it now, just asking if anyone has experience or how you got your Hanzo.

And am i wrong or are the Indian Gods active skills kinda shitty ? I mean +15% skyfall chance of a specific orb...really ?

Ducarmel

I got my hanzo during godfest, I cant remember if it was because dark gala overlapped it, but I have been Gala trolled before during godfest. So its possible to get a gala featured card during godfest, the chances are low but it happens.

Pulling gala outside godfest does not seem worth it, unless its 3x for the card you want.

smbu2000

Yes, Vegeta is done! I got him up to 297. I'm really loving this 3x drop in normal dungeons. It's been a great help during this event. Next on my list in LKali...

My current Vegeta team is Vegeta, D/D Haku, Hanzo, uevo Blodin (just put him in!), and GZL (for that 2x attack skill). I sub out Blodin and use uevo Sun Quan for KOG runs as insurance against the CDD. I one shot Zeus.

Also cleared Hera Beork in the Descend Challenge. My first time clearing it on Mythical. (I had only played it on Legend before.) It was tough stalling the 10 turns of Light absorb on Beork, but I did it and then one shot her with my LKali team. (subs: D/L Yomi, LMeta, Fuma Kotaro and Izanagi)
Only LMeta has plus eggs at the moment (297), but they are all max skilled except for Yomi. (I've been skilling up my D/D Yomi.) 80% skill bind resist is also nice.

And am i wrong or are the Indian Gods active skills kinda shitty ? I mean +15% skyfall chance of a specific orb...really ?
Actually, they are pretty good. If you max skill them to 6 turns you can have it running endlessly. Check out videos of Krishna teams and you can see that it is really nice especially for them.

seady

Hoping this is a joke translation: "The reliable use of Juggler remains highly difficult as it is still dependent on teambuilding, developing monsters, and puzzling skill."

High difficulty? Two combos of heart is difficulty?

Team Building? What team doesn't need team building? Juggler's team building is probably the most flexible. Anything can benefit from the 49x multiplier. No type or attribute limitation.

Developing monster? What team does not require you to develop monsters? However, there are many videos out there showing Juggler team using crap monsters to clear descend dungeons.

Puzzling Skills? How does Juggler compare to multicolour or combo leader where you need at least 5 colors or 6 combos to activate?

safe_image.php
11025205_10205641189330434_1232147199085589390_n.jpg
10866224_10153113201872250_7199282378540444248_o.jpg

cw_sasuke

@smbu

Congrats, i would probably go crazy if they release these DBZ cards in the west :eek:
I should have my first +297 cards in a couple of weeks as well with U&Y - looking forward to it.

Its probably just my lack experience with the Indian actives but on first look these active seems kinda bad. Having them max skilled and non stop running between two leaders sounds interesting though.

I got my hanzo during godfest, I cant remember if it was because dark gala overlapped it, but I have been Gala trolled before during godfest. So its possible to get a gala featured card during godfest, the chances are low but it happens.

Pulling gala outside godfest does not seem worth it, unless its 3x for the card you want.

Thanks, didnt knew there were Galas that features units with 3x appearance rate. Interesting. I am often disappointed with my Godfest pulls, i dont think i could survive pulling in a non Godfest and getting 2-3 shitty drop in a row lol...

seady

The 3K Pal mini aren't that useful imo... I got pretty much the whole set in my Japanese version but never used any one of them.

The feeling of it being an inferior version with no Uevo really pushes me away from raising them. I rather put my king dragon somewhere else.

colinp

Banned
The 3K Pal mini aren't that useful imo... I got pretty much the whole set in my Japanese version but never used any one of them.

The feeling of it being an inferior version with no Uevo really pushes me away from raising them. I rather put my king dragon somewhere else.

Yeah that's kinda my opinion of all the minis, too. Seem exciting at first but in reality I have a hard time thinking of when if actually use any of them.

Got uvo Pandora despite having to spend two stones for various lapses in judgement.

Also Ronia+Minerva+Horus will instagib the last floor if you were wondering.

cw_sasuke

I have to agree, haven't used or leveled one mini of the ones I got during the Christmas gacha. I would just rather invest in real the real Gods and units.

Then again this time it's just Pal points, so if you can farm all evo materials yourself you can spend them here as well.

ZeroAKA

I don't plan on using them either, but they look nice and I don't have anything better to do with my Pal points anyways.

Maid

Banned
I have to agree, haven't used or leveled one mini of the ones I got during the Christmas gacha. I would just rather invest in real the real Gods and units.

Then again this time it's just Pal points, so if you can farm all evo materials yourself you can spend them here as well.

The Xmas mini ones are actually useful. I'd say mini Valk is a whole lot better than usual Valk even without the uevo.

I also want mini DQXQ. I'm the guy with "look before practical" anyway.

Now that Pandora is devil type... I think it's pushed my Lumiel team into "absolutely disgusting" territory. I'm not really sure how to play the party though, seems similar to Ronia which I also don't know how to handle.

Jagernaut

If you don't have the originals they are very useful. Mini Lu Bu is better than King Baddie, for example. I want mini Lu Bu, DQXQ, and red Guan Yu. If I didn't already have Sun Quan the mini version would be great too. The awakenings and stats are worse but the skills are mostly the same and that's what's important to me.

I think you guys are being a bit harsh on the 3K minis. Mini Sun Quan and Lu Bu are both really solid options if you don't have the real ones. And DQXQ and Liu Bei have really good orb change skills.

Obviously they aren't going to replace their full sized counterparts, but they are definitely useful.

J0dy77

They're not supposed to be Godfest only level mobs. You're getting them for next to nothing and make good subs for the gods you're lacking. If you don't have a Lu Bu for a devil team, you've now got an amazing sub with double orb enhance instead of the awful King Baddie. No Sun Quan for healer team? now you do. Their stats are very good and on Par with the god version with slightly less awakenings. And they can also replace the real version for low cost S-Ranking

I really want a Cao Cao and Liu Bei. I don't have either and will make great subs.

There is nothing worthwhile for me in the PAL besides Spirit Jewels that never come out and I can farm. I'll take the 3k over the alternative any day. Heck, use them as skill ups for the real version if you want (I'll be doing this for my double DQXQ).

Edit: get out of my head Jagernaught. lol Think we were typing at the same time.

cw_sasuke

Not saying tagt minis aren't useful, especially if you can get them for Pal Points... But leveling and Awakening units is quite time intense so I rather focus on the best possible units if I can, otherwise I'll never get anything done.

I already have Sun Quan, but would love mini LuBu for my Ronia team. Also would have liked Mini Valk or Mini Ronia during the Christmas events built I I got Leilan and... Well I don't intent on using her mini version.

I have whiffed twice on Hera-is, the last time with my Athena team.

I matched hearts and then went back to match my two four orb green/light matches, and did an accidental diagonal switch missing both attacks. The next turn I unbound myself and did the massive attack. Crystal coffin came down and I had one more turn but not enough damage...

If I had just connected on that first turn, I would have that +9 tama for my new Ultimate Ronia (who didn't skill up at all after ultimate evo's four red fruits)

Do NOT roll outside of GODFEST!

if you do want to roll "on carnival" at least wait until tomorrow's godfest, Durga will have a higher rate due to being in the Indian 2 pantheon.

What are you trying to build that you "need" four dark gods?

I meant roll during the godfest of course.My Dmeta team needs Hanzo but could use a Dvalk or Durga. My Ronia team could use Lubu.

Being dark and a godfest seems like it would be a good time to roll but I'm not sure how well my chances would be to get any of the gods I want.

Jagernaut

I've gotten some good cards from dark galas: Durga, Hanzo, FA Lucifer. If you could use Indian 1 and 2 gods other than Durga you can roll. If you don't want them wait for Dark Gala to coincide with a better godfest.

I wasn't planning to roll at all but since it's a Dark Gala I will roll once and hope for Pandora, Lu Bu, Persephone or dark Valk.

J0dy77

I've gotten some good cards from dark galas: Durga, Hanzo, FA Lucifer. If you could use Indian 1 and 2 gods other than Durga you can roll. If you don't want them wait for Dark Gala to coincide with a better godfest.

I wasn't planning to roll at all but since it's a Dark Gala I will roll once and hope for Pandora, Lu Bu, Persephone or dark Valk.

I don't have any of the original Indian series and really want Shiva, one of my biggest wants along with Pandora and Hanzo. Perfect time for me to roll. Queue the disappointment music.

I started running the descended challenge dungeons, pleasantly surprised to see that they are allowing drops from these. I can clear pretty much all of this.

hermit7

I have whiffed twice on Hera-is, the last time with my Athena team.

I matched hearts and then went back to match my two four orb green/light matches, and did an accidental diagonal switch missing both attacks. The next turn I unbound myself and did the massive attack. Crystal coffin came down and I had one more turn but not enough damage...

If I had just connected on that first turn, I would have that +9 tama for my new Ultimate Ronia (who didn't skill up at all after ultimate evo's four red fruits)

I have only done her first three and Satan. Need to look at the dungeons to see what I can do.

I don't have any of the original Indian series and really want Shiva, one of my biggest wants along with Pandora and Hanzo. Perfect time for me to roll. Queue the disappointment music.

Shiva is really nice, Great Awakenings, good ability, Devil Evo is fantastic for both Tri-fruits farming, Twinlit farming AND as a Ronia sub.

Easily my favorite from Indian 1.0, I wish you the best of luck.

I am only missing Lakshmi and Virtra from 1.0 (and I am not worried about having either), and only have Ganesha from 2.0. Probably going to save my rolls.

May throw one on the off chance I get a godfest exclusive, but I doubt it...

Not yet, and I just learnt it the hard way. Wasted 1.5k PAL point.
Clear a dungeon and the game will tell you [your current PAL pts]/[your max PAL pts]

Its probably just my lack experience with the Indian actives but on first look these active seems kinda bad. Having them max skilled and non stop running between two leaders sounds interesting though.
There's an element of RNG to it but skyfalling into a higher multiplier is oddly satisfying. Limited orb dungeons turn into a bigger joke than they usually are.

Thinking of keeping a chibi Lu Bu for PADZ collab after I ult evo my real Lu Bu. Chibi DQXQ will probably be skillup fodder though.

Jagernaut

Shiva is really nice, Great Awakenings, good ability, Devil Evo is fantastic for both Tri-fruits farming, Twinlit farming AND as a Ronia sub.

Easily my favorite from Indian 1.0, I wish you the best of luck.

I am only missing Lakshmi and Virtra from 1.0 (and I am not worried about having either), and only have Ganesha from 2.0. Probably going to save my rolls.

May throw one on the off chance I get a godfest exclusive, but I doubt it...

I wanted a Shiva for a long time but since I got ultimate Hera Ur I don't care as much. He's still a better leader but she is almost as good of a sub if you don't need the void defense. I also have Ame no Uzume, Yamato Takeru, and Krishna for fire leads.

Ducarmel

JP PAD players add me

Have Devil Pandora or GZL up on my first slot, I farm with Lu Bu or L Meta.

Also how do I change my name?

cw_sasuke

Wow Hera-Is has to be the easiest Mythical dungeon right ? Just finished it on my first try for the Tamadra, of course i didnt get a orb because its part of the Challenges but its good to know for the future if i have to farm Jewels.

4 Descendants cleared now.

I would love to try Takeminakata for the extra PAL points, but cant use UY/GZL there and my other teams probably arent ready for it. Athena would probably be okay if the cooldowns for all the subs werent so high lol. Might do Divine Hera later for the money and try Lord of Hell.

There's an element of RNG to it but skyfalling into a higher multiplier is oddly satisfying. Limited orb dungeons turn into a bigger joke than they usually are.

I will have to watch some videos showing how those skills are used in stages - seeing is believing after all.

cw_sasuke

I fixed the post sry, it looked kinda weird - yeah i meant Hera-Is xD

I am more willing to try out Descendants now that they are part of the challenge mode. Its easier to gauge their overall difficulty if they are put in such positions. Well and getting a reward + boss drop is nice too.

Edit:

Lord of Hell - Mythical, done.

Quantum

Just cleaned a ton of people who are inactive off my fl if anyone needs (US account) - (now at 178/200)

almost always a Blonia, rotating LU BU + Lmeta lesser Lkali,kirin,FAL,loki

338 346 2zero6

I'm on the spread sheet too I believe.

- should have 5 stones to do a free pull. If I pull a Ronia, skuld or LZL I'll buy a pack - if not - I remain IAP - (You can rationalize anything).

Poring never goes on 2x drop does it? Burned through three stamina bars today and while I'm getting SOME skill-ups, that 25-stamina cost would be easier to swallow if some runs didn't end with only three drops.

Maid

Banned
Poring never goes on 2x drop does it? Burned through three stamina bars today and while I'm getting SOME skill-ups, that 25-stamina cost would be easier to swallow if some runs didn't end with only three drops.

Usually it's the last day if I remember correctly.

Top Bottom