• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Oh they are switching up the Challenges ? Hmm...since i havent done any of these bosses besides Hera this might be tough. I will try to get the Tamadra though.

Edit:

Oh and the bosses can also drop as loot in this one...thats cool. Think i will give some of the units i wanted a go a try...might get double the reward !!

The descended challenge is exciting. I think I should be able to handle up through the second Flampy. I might have to try a few times for Mephisto, but I need that Badpy.

Pretty happy about porings too. I only need to skill up BValk, but it will be super nice to be able to use her multiple times per dungeon. Expert is always recommended unless I need mastering right?

J0dy77

No more invades in legend descends? Wonder how much the mythical invade rate is buffed by?

This is awesome news. I never run legend for an invade and my luck with the current mythical invade rate was awful. Here's to hoping this is improved. I only have a few secondary characters left that I need to collect, DQ Hera-UR, Awoken Hera-IS and Dark Fagan.

So about those mini 3K gods...

Yeah, seriously... WTF.

Jagernaut

Completely farmable Juggler team (might be Ultimate Dragon Rush dungeon). I would make a few pulls to try and get one.

FxCDMVr.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
D.Kali on the 2nd spot, guess I'm not the only one who doesn't want to be orb trolled with my combo leaders xD

Holy shit coin dungeons are amazing. The last few days I've been buying one twice a day, leveling up twice, and getting ~10 +eggs. Even without the chance for pii's this would be better than KotG. I was worried that they would only be worth it if I spent stones, but that is absolutely not the case.

Expert is the way to go. Last time I max skilled Bvalk in 1 day of running 2x drop Expert.
Ah don't get my hopes up! I really need to get her maxed out, so I guess I'll be stoning on 2x drop day if I need to.

D.Kali on the 2nd spot, guess I'm not the only one who doesn't want to be orb trolled with my combo leaders xD
DKali is amazing. I've yet to meet a (non grass) boss who can survive a DKali>BValk>U&Y combo, and with such a low CD, she can easily save you on an early floor and still be up for the boss. I really need to finish max skilling her. Once I evolve Beelz I should have a 100% success, no stall Friday mythical team. Hopefully I can do that before the skills change.

Jagernaut

Horus seems to be pretty popular in Japan. I've watched videos of new descend runs and seen a lot of Horus. Yamato Takeru is also used much more than in our version.

Ducarmel

Technical dungeon is worse then non x2 daily for rare evo materials that is not a surprise.

Seriously normal dungeon during the bonus is perfectly fine for rare evo mats, plus better exp, fodder to level up stuff, chance for super king, and chance for +egg.

J0dy77

Horus seems to be pretty popular in Japan. I've watched videos of new descend runs and seen a lot of Horus. Yamato Takeru is also used much more than in our version.

I'm still not giving up on Horus and I'm actually glad they brought back his skillup mob with the Bowl Dragon. The fact that you can max skill him at 4 turns for his active makes him a really strong sub for Yamato.

I want the Yamato ultimate evo so bad. I really think that team can do some damage. I've been working on the team in prep, just evo'd and maxed red valk and have to finish leveling Dino Rider.

Technical dungeon is worse then non x2 daily for rare evo materials that is not a surprise.

Seriously normal dungeon during the bonus is perfectly fine for rare evo mats, plus better exp, fodder to level up stuff, chance for super king, and chance for +egg.

I've been trying to farm Light Dubs for two weeks out of Tech dungeons and Jupiter in the Sky. I hadn't got one drop until last when I got 4 in a short period of time (2 in one run which is unheard of). I'm realizing more and more that if you wait to farm evo mats when you need them you'll never get them. You just have to consistently farm what you're short on to stockpile for when you need it.

The tech dungeons do not drop the rare evo mats, stick with the consistent normal runs and you'll eventually have enough of each. A large majority of my stones these days goes towards box space. I'm trying to have 15 of each hard to farm evo mat on hand when needed.

J0dy77

Completely farmable Juggler team (might be Ultimate Dragon Rush dungeon). I would make a few pulls to try and get one.

This was my exact point yesterday. That team is fodder and clearing some of the toughest content in game. Gungho really screwed up. This is a six star mob crushing everything.

Jagernaut

I'm waiting for the Yamato ultimate as well but I'm missing red Valk, Chiyome, and Leilan/Urd. I do have Ares and ultimate Dino Rider, both max skilled. The atk is really nice but rcv is terrible.

I also have a max skilled Krishna who is awesome. I will probably run Krishna as lead more often and use Yamato as a sub. I'm waiting for the survey dungeon to skill up Yamato.

ccbfan

This was my exact point yesterday. That team is fodder and clearing some of the toughest content in game. Gungho really screwed up. This is a six star mob crushing everything.

This is probably Gungho biggest mistake ever.

Their last mistake was SOD Lucifer but even then it was easier to handle with pre-emptive attacks and high hp characters,

Even being OP Lucifer was extremely annoying and boring to play and completely incompatiable with playing styles of a whale.

Juggler?

How are you going to stop this without complete destroying every other team in the game.

Skills Bind? No Heal Orbs? Dark Resist?

J0dy77

I'm waiting for the Yamato ultimate as well but I'm missing red Valk, Chiyome, and Leilan/Urd. I do have Ares and ultimate Dino Rider, both max skilled. The atk is really nice but rcv is terrible.

I also have a max skilled Krishna who is awesome. I will probably run Krishna as lead more often and use Yamato as a sub. I'm waiting for the survey dungeon to skill up Yamato.

Leilan really isn't a great sub for Yamato, with a bad active use you might not even be able to activate his LS.

I don't have the ideal subs either, missing Shiva, Ares, Rodin and a lot of the better orb changers. I do have Uriel, Dino, R Valk, that I think should do pretty well. Just need to get them skilled up.

You could probably get away with using Gigas on the team. I really don't think RCV is going to be all that important, it's more about bursting through with the active skills. I'm going to try to see how Echidna fits in the team since I have 220 + eggs on her just in case.

Jagernaut

Leilan is not good by herself but you can combine her with Chiyome or Yamato for a 2/3 fire board just like Pandora uses Haku + Hanzo. Urd can also be combined with Gigas/Fire Valk or Homura for 2/3 board or even combined with Ares for a full fire board.

J0dy77

Leilan is not good by herself but you can combine her with Chiyome or Yamato for a 2/3 fire board just like Pandora uses Haku + Hanzo. Urd can also be combined with Gigas/Fire Valk or Homura for 2/3 board or even combined with Ares for a full fire board.

Ahh good point. Didn't think about the combo since I also don't have a Chiyomi. I actually don't have any of the ninjas, starting to piss me off too.

hermit7

One of the issues in that regard though is the limited number of fire rows. Lelian and chrome have one less. Pandora herself has an row compared to Yamato. I think the team would be good but there seem to be statistical limits for red.

lenni

Holy shit coin dungeons are amazing. The last few days I've been buying one twice a day, leveling up twice, and getting ~10 +eggs. Even without the chance for pii's this would be better than KotG. I was worried that they would only be worth it if I spent stones, but that is absolutely not the case.

I disregarded the coin dungeons up until now because I heard of the bad Pii rate.

I tried one yesterday and struggled with my standard Athena team (Athena/Verche/LValk/Izanagi/LMeta/Athena).
Any tips? Should I just use Kirin for the harder ones and farm the dark dungeons for the type advantage?
What team is everyone using for coin dungeons?

Jagernaut

One of the issues in that regard though is the limited number of fire rows. Lelian and chrome have one less. Pandora herself has an row compared to Yamato. I think the team would be good but there seem to be statistical limits for red.

Yes, dark has a big advantage. Ultimate Pandora/Hanzo/Haku/x/x/Ultimate Pandora has 7 rows not counting the 2 missing subs. You can easily reach 9 rows with 2 more REM subs or use farmables like Vamp.

Jagernaut

I disregarded the coin dungeons up until now because I heard of the bad Pii rate.

I tried one yesterday and struggled with my standard Athena team (Athena/Verche/LValk/Izanagi/LMeta/Athena).
Any tips? Should I just use Kirin for the harder ones and farm the dark dungeons for the type advantage?

I use Beezlebub/Ronia and it's pretty easy.

Ultimate Beelzebub
D/W Vamp
D/W Drawn Joker
Haku
Ultimate Ronia (replace with CDD or regular Ronia for no dupe dungeons)
Ultimate Ronia friend

Over 34k hp so I can take some hits.

The team I run that I'm most comfortable with is LZL/Valk/DQXQ/Echidna/Echidna/LMeta. The Echidnas give me a couple of panic buttons in case of Pii invade or a king combined with a bad board.

When I run out of LMeta friends I go with Valk/Verche/DQXQ/Meimei/GZL/Athena. I've yet to run into a Pii with this team, so I don't know how well it would handle it.

I guess the biggest difference we have is orb changers for big bursts. Do you have anything like that available?

lenni

The team I run that I'm most comfortable with is LZL/Valk/DQXQ/Echidna/Echidna/LMeta. The Echidnas give me a couple of panic buttons in case of Pii invade or a king combined with a bad board.

When I run out of LMeta friends I go with Valk/Verche/DQXQ/Meimei/GZL/Athena. I've yet to run into a Pii with this team, so I don't know how well it would handle it.

I guess the biggest difference we have is orb changers for big bursts. Do you have anything like that available?

I've got Apocalypse, but not yet max skilled. Meimei always eluded me, just like Ronia.
I guess I'll try something with Apocalypse or Rei Sirius. Or level my Verdandi team.

chrono01

Seeing the insanity of Juggler makes me want them but, since it's a Crystal Defenders collaboration unit, we'll never get it in NA. :(

Sad times.

lenni

OK, I was just overthinking the coin dungeons. Team full of orb changers clears the no dupe ones easily.
I used Izanagi/LValk/Verche/Apocalypse/ReiSirius/Athena.
The exp of these dungeons is incredible. I definitely need to farm the weekend dungeon to run more coin dungeons.

Quantum

Seeing the insanity of Juggler makes me want them but, since it's a Crystal Defenders collaboration unit, we'll never get it in NA. :(

Sad times.

I'm interested how this will change the NA game. Still not overly concerned about the mob unless it changes the access and completion rate of new dungeons. Since NA is always months behind it might not be an issue.

if dungeons start to have 10+ mil bosses or start taking into account a new power creep the meta will be totally screwed for current US players that don't have access to higher damage and therefore can't play the game as "intended".

Granted the game will always be about appeasing the highest paying customers (all freemiums as starting to be designed this way) I just still completely floored that Gungho doesn't keep us (and US) up to date.

quin

I don't think the juggler is going to have such a huge impact on the game. It comes from a collaboration REM which means it's available for only 2 weeks. There aren't going to be many of these things out there due to that.

Personally I think the juggler is great. It gives a person the ability to speed farm these super difficult dungeons. And if there is one thing a whale likes, it's +297 max skilled monsters.

FZZ

Banned
Everyone complaining about Juggler cmon.

Although he is far and away the most OP leader, the power creep was obvious. The new Greek Gods uevo should've been a big indicator, once some of the worst gods in the game getting such good evos was just the beginning. I can see other older monsters getting even better uevos. Also with new descends like Gran Sonia and Hera/Zeus indicate that the game is just going to get harder and harder because of just how REM heavy descends are becoming. Farmable teams have almost lost all meaning, only leaving most IAP players to complete newer descends. I think Juggler is a semi-good thing since farmable subs may finally start making a comeback.

Honestly if Juggler's leader skill just limited subs to 5 or 6 stars and below I think a lot more people would be happy.

Well yeah few of us are complaining about Juggler in an absolute sense, but rather compared to the power level of everything that came before him. Greek superbusties were great but hardly as metagame warping as Juggler is. The last time there was this much backlash that I remember was when they released AA Luci, and look at how much he influenced descended design.

colinp

Banned
I dunno, the game is going through a big again. I trust Gung-ho will figure things out and that they have some sort of plan.

I'm still having fun just going with the flow. It'll be alright in the end, I'm sure!

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Any of GAF members heading to PAX East? We will be there, so I would love to meet anyone from GAF playing P&D.

linsivvi

Everyone complaining about Juggler cmon.

Although he is far and away the most OP leader, the power creep was obvious. The new Greek Gods uevo should've been a big indicator, once some of the worst gods in the game getting such good evos was just the beginning. I can see other older monsters getting even better uevos. Also with new descends like Gran Sonia and Hera/Zeus indicate that the game is just going to get harder and harder because of just how REM heavy descends are becoming. Farmable teams have almost lost all meaning, only leaving most IAP players to complete newer descends. I think Juggler is a semi-good thing since farmable subs may finally start making a comeback.

Honestly if Juggler's leader skill just limited subs to 5 or 6 stars and below I think a lot more people would be happy.

I disagree. What Gungho did was to balance the REM gods so that pretty much anything you draw is useable, which actually benefits non-IAP players.

As for farmable subs, Beelzebub, Athena, Fagan, Hera, Echidna, all the heart breakers and so on are all still in constant use, not to mention a farmable Beelzebub team can clear 90% of the game's contents.

FZZ

Banned
I disagree. What Gungho did was to balance the REM gods so that pretty much anything you draw is useable, which actually benefits non-IAP players.

As for farmable subs, Beelzebub, Athena, Fagan, Hera, Echidna, all the heart breakers and so on are all still in constant use, not to mention a farmable Beelzebub team can clear 90% of the game's contents.

Look at his uevo requirement and all the subs you need JUST to clear those dungeons.

The game heavily caters towards IAP players based just on end game right now. Other than normal and technical dungeons, descends still require better subs and most of those subs aren't farmable from Normal or Technical dungeons.

You have to have cwsasuke's luck from the REM to be able to get Beezlebub uevo requirements from the PEM without being non-IAP because there aren't that many farmable teams to get all those orbs alone.

Tobe

Any of GAF members heading to PAX East? We will be there, so I would love to meet anyone from GAF playing P&D.

big question, is there any plans on bringing PAD to south america region? afaik Brave frontier is here taking quite a chunk of cash and putting out some ads, at least in peru they have. im baffled that US pad is not NA/SA PAD.

linsivvi

Look at his uevo requirement and all the subs you need JUST to clear those dungeons.

The game heavily caters towards IAP players based just on end game right now. Other than normal and technical dungeons, descends still require better subs and most of those subs aren't farmable from Normal or Technical dungeons.

You have to have cwsasuke's luck from the REM to be able to get Beezlebub uevo requirements from the PEM without being non-IAP because there aren't that many farmable teams to get all those orbs alone.

Nobody said you do not need a single REM god, but unless you want to clear everything within a few months, you can attain all of them eventually. GungHo gives about 20 stones a month plus all those from clearing dungeons. Back in those days many of us spent a few stones to clear a descend, which is not a big cost.

Horus with a completely farmable team can get Beezlebub and Athena and all the mats required. Actually, that's what I did.

Top Bottom