• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Maid

Banned
2015-03-03-12-33-04.png

Man, I hate poison.

jiggle

Decided to settle on ronia with my new Jpn account

4 rolls on FFCD machine and no jugglers :(
think I'm just gonna let this account sit and collect free stones

J0dy77

Anyone have a team suggestion or help they can provide for Mephistor and Wadatsumi dungeons? They're the only two descended challenge 50 cost I can't clear. I really can't stand the restriction dungeons.

Mephisto I've tried Beelzebub, GZL and Kirin. Orb troll and bind drive me nuts here and Round 2 is the real pain. With Beelzebub I can't burst enough to get through the last 3 rounds. Spent around 400 stamina beating my head against this.

Wadatsume I haven't really tried all that much. But not sure what the best approach is.

Extremely excited for DQXQ, never been so happy to see a split EVO since I have dupes.

Jagernaut

I don't think you have DTron, right? I used this team for Mephisto, works great.

Ultimate DTron
Haku
Hanzo
Hanzo
Echidna
Ultimate DTron

There is a small chance of dark bind from the light demon that can screw you up. Echidna is just used to delay Lucifer until his dark bind (edit. not absorb) wears off.

I haven't done Wadatsumi this time yet, I used Horus when the dungeon first appeared.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yes - Tuesday Dungeon cleared for the first time !!

2015-03-03-14-52-0070uhb.png

2nd Weekday dungeon cleared after Masks a couple weeks earlier. This one is way easier though, didnt realize how easy stalling is especially with Grodin and Kushi autoheal. Based U&Y.

Now i need to work on Ronia and Lilith so i can take on the Friday Mythical. Need some Angelits....
LLShC.gif

Also did Takeminakata Legend for the Challenge Dungeon - got the drop. Was quite easy with Athena dont know what i was worried about lol. Spend all PAL points on the egg machine hoping for Jewels...got mostly trash and the...ironically the Keeper of Gold i can farm my own now xD

Challenge wise i still need to do Hera for the money and might attempt to get the Goemon and Beelzebuub drops. Maybe...

The first time I beat Mephisto I used Anubis. This time I went with U&Y. I used Grodin and DKali to keep my attributes unbound. I got orb trolled a couple of times, but thanks to the Grodin autoheal and some forgiving enemy CDs i t wasn't too bad.

I am also stumped for Wadatsumi.

smbu2000

Cleared the Tuesday dungeon for the first time today with both my main and sub accounts. I hadn't really tried it before today though. I messed up my first try through, but cleared it on my second try with my Vegeta team. (main) Cleared it once more after that, too.

On my iPad I cleared it my first 3 times with a Ronia/Lu bu team. 4th time the Rainbow Keeper appeared on the first stage with only 3 turns and I couldn't take him down. On my previous play he came out on the 4th stage, but I took him out with Haku.

I'm collecting them to raise the skill level of Apocalypse. I have one on each account.

That was the last of the weekday dungeons that I hadn't cleared. (on both) My orders or clears were Wednesday, Friday, Thursday and now Tuesday.

Also cleared Hera Is for the first time on Mythical with my main account, Vegeta team. She had dropped for me on Legend before which is why I hadn't tried Mythical until now.

I wonder what kind of uevo DQXQ will get? I picked up one about a month ago, but I just got around to evolving her recently. One will probably be a stronger leader skill and the other will probably be built more as a sub with extra awakenings. I'll probably go the sub route in that case, depending on how it turns out.

On Legend I cleared Wadatsumi with a Luci team. It wasn't too difficult with that team. I didn't try Mythical, as he dropped on Legend. I'm not sure how hard Mythical would be.

J0dy77

Thanks for the input but I don't have a lot of those team suggestions or key subs. I might try GZL or Kirin again, can't decide. There is just too much randomness involved for GZL to be successful, that second round and the blockers just destroys me.

cw_sasuke

Nice smbu - guess im not the only clearing Keeper of Gold today :-D

Thanks for the input but I don't have a lot of those team suggestions or key subs. I might try GZL or Kirin again, can't decide. There is just too much randomness involved for GZL to be successful, that second round and the blockers just destroys me.

This post just made me realize that i havent yet cleared a Desc with GZL even though i have spent so much time with the team for farming before. Ever since Athena i use him even less, its Athena for quick farming and UY for tougher desc.

Still glad that i have GZL, couldnt do Wednesday Dungeon without him and he is a great sub on Athenas team.

Managing GZL HP requirements is often more taxing than killing the enemies - cant count how often i have died because the firepower was missing or the low HP in general. But i will keep working on the team, most subs besides GZL still are sub lvl 50.

ccbfan

What are people using for Hera Beorc (Both Challenge and regular for dark jewel)?

The skill binds from the blue dragon is killing my burst teams and I don't have enough skill bind resist characters while my Kirin team is useless with the light absorb.

Maid

Banned
What are people using for Hera Beorc (Both Challenge and regular for dark jewel)?

The skill binds from the blue dragon is killing my burst teams and I don't have enough skill bind resist characters while my Kirin team is useless with the light absorb.

I used Kirin, Godin, Mar Midgard, Echidna and Light Valk with +297 Kirin friend to beat Hera Beorc Myth. Maxed skill both Echidna and Mar Midgard for stalling. I just brute force through the Blue Dragon and stall at Hera until her light absorb gone. Managed to 0 stone but it was a closed one since several times no heart coming.

linsivvi

Anyone have a team suggestion or help they can provide for Mephistor and Wadatsumi dungeons? They're the only two descended challenge 50 cost I can't clear. I really can't stand the restriction dungeons.

Mephisto I've tried Beelzebub, GZL and Kirin. Orb troll and bind drive me nuts here and Round 2 is the real pain. With Beelzebub I can't burst enough to get through the last 3 rounds. Spent around 400 stamina beating my head against this.

Wadatsume I haven't really tried all that much. But not sure what the best approach is.

Extremely excited for DQXQ, never been so happy to see a split EVO since I have dupes.

My Mephisto team:
DQXQ, Echidna, Siren, Droidragon, D/L Fagan, Horus

Use Echidna at the 5th floor. Against the boss, stall 4 turns using Siren and DQXQ to generate heal orbs and use Echidna again. Droidragon + Siren + Echidna means the boss can't blind you. Took me 3 tries.

My Wadatsume team:
Beelzebub, Haku, Vampire, Drawn Joker, Baddie, Ronia

You probably have much better subs. The key is to charge your skills using the 1st and 3rd floor. Nothing really special there except that you use normal combo instead of 2-prongs or row attacks.

My Beorc team:
Horus, Echidna, Wadatsumi, Xuanzang, Drawn Joker, Kushinadahime

I don't have a green skill block mob thus the strange pairing. Only 80% skill blocks so there's a risk. Use Drawn Joker to turn all light orbs to heal before killing blow.

I don't think you have DTron, right? I used this team for Mephisto, works great.

Ultimate DTron
Haku
Hanzo
Hanzo
Echidna
Ultimate DTron

There is a small chance of dark bind from the light demon that can screw you up. Echidna is just used to delay Lucifer until his dark absorb wears off.

I haven't done Wadatsumi this time yet, I used Horus when the dungeon first appeared.

For whatever reason, it never occurred to me that there was a simple work around to FA Luci's dark bind. Maybe I should use a Ceres sub with Dmeta instead of a Ceres led team. That would solve a turn one bind by the light demon.

Then again, super emerald are tomorrow so maybe I should give this Ceres team a proper try.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Only proper way to do Wadatsumi until Awoken Venus is Lucifer team with 73k HP. Screw that dungeon. The rushes are easier.

With a max skilled DJ and D/R Izanami, it is not that bad. Once you hit the HP threshhold, grinding down this dungeon is just a matter of time.

took down Take and Hera-sowilo Challenges, but whiffed twice on Chaucemar (just heart orb trolled on lilith, I can't afford the HP hit to sub in Drawn Joker though would be gravy if I wasn't heart orb trolled three turns in a row)

Back to Yomi Goddess after this, Kirin CAN take that dungeon down just gotta focus. Hera-beorc would be after that, then I can start throwing Stamina at wadatsumi.

cw_sasuke

took down Take and Hera-sowilo Challenges, but whiffed twice on Chaucemar (just heart orb trolled on lilith, I can't afford the HP hit to sub in Drawn Joker though would be gravy if I wasn't heart orb trolled three turns in a row)

Back to Yomi Goddess after this, Kirin CAN take that dungeon down just gotta focus. Hera-beorc would be after that, then I can start throwing Stamina at wadatsumi.
Which team did you use for Hera Sowilo? Is it possible with U&Y?

I use a 100% skill bind resist Bastet team. Subs are GZL, D/L Lilith, Marine rider, Meimei. Subs order matters! Nothing worse than losing because Lilith's light sub damage brings Hera back to life...

Edit: shit wasn't paying attention, didn't see that you don't have enough skill bind resists. Hopefully someone else can use this.

Which team did you use for Hera Sowilo? Is it possible with U&Y?

I used a luxury Awoken Minerva team (Awoken Minerva leads, Dual Ronia Subs, Dark Shiva (for HP) and Ultimate Red Valk). Toughest floors are 1, 4 and the second half of Athena. 1 & 4 you just burst down, Athena you have to either kill before 50%, or get her from 51% to 15% and then do the rest of the damage.

A U&Y team for Hera-Sowilo? It could be done, you'd have to bring at least one monster that converts Red hearts or Hearts to Dark orbs, because Hera-Sowilo converts dark orbs to Light orbs. You'll have to tank the 10 turns from Venus (or only have one monster with dark damage so that she doesn't absorb too much). And you run the risk of flash/dark bind on the devils floor (8 btw) and a flash bind on floor four (large dark devils can show up) What subs would you run? What HP would you get to?

cw_sasuke

I used a luxury Awoken Minerva team (Awoken Minerva leads, Dual Ronia Subs, Dark Shiva (for HP) and Ultimate Red Valk). Toughest floors are 1, 4 and the second half of Athena. 1 & 4 you just burst down, Athena you have to either kill before 50%, or get her from 51% to 15% and then do the rest of the damage.

A U&Y team for Hera-Sowilo? It could be done, you'd have to bring at least one monster that converts Red hearts or Hearts to Dark orbs, because Hera-Sowilo converts dark orbs to Light orbs. You'll have to tank the 10 turns from Venus (or only have one monster with dark damage so that she doesn't absorb too much). And you run the risk of flash/dark bind on the devils floor (8 btw) and a flash bind on floor four (large dark devils can show up) What subs would you run? What HP would you get to?

Thanks for the explanation, the dungeons seems quite tricky so i wont be trying it anytime soon. wasted too much stamina lately with Kamikaze GZL runs.
I run a standard UY team with UY, UY(Grodin),SunQuan, DL Yomi, Kushi, Friend U&Y. I have around 19-20k HP with Odin.

Might be more comfortable running the dungeon once i skilled up Kushi and U&Y a bit ..or if i ever get D/L. Kali.

About Venus...would she be a OHKO anyway ? She has less than 2 million hp from the description. But those binding enemies are always trouble, but with saved up hearts Kushi could help me out.

J0dy77

I think I'm giving up on Wadatsumi and Mephisto. I'm wasting so much stamina, haven't gotten any exp in two days. I need a green odin so bad.

Thanks for the explanation, the dungeons seems quite tricky so i wont be trying it anytime soon. wasted too much stamina lately with Kamikaze GZL runs.
I run a standard UY team with UY, UY(Grodin),SunQuan, DL Yomi, Kushi, Friend U&Y. I have around 19-20k HP with Odin.

Might be more comfortable running the dungeon once i skilled up Kushi and U&Y a bit ..or if i ever get D/L. Kali.

About Venus...would she be a OHKO anyway ? She has less than 2 million hp from the description. But those binding enemies are always trouble, but with saved up hearts Kushi could help me out.

Before the Awoken Minerva team, I used my Kirin for Hera-Sowilo, It was a one-shot at 25x, at least I think so...

colinp

Banned
Wahoo, finally tackled Queen of Absolute Zero challenge for that tamadra. Kept getting orb trolled with Kirin and then whiffing with Lu Bu. Finally did do it with Lu Bu though, just took extreme concentration and care- hah! I had no problems with the No RCV Lord of Hell, but Queen and actually Demon Prince... Shit. Still need to do Demon Prince.

tr4656

Wahoo, finally tackled Queen of Absolute Zero challenge for that tamadra. Kept getting orb trolled with Kirin and then whiffing with Lu Bu. Finally did do it with Lu Bu though, just took extreme concentration and care- hah! I had no problems with the No RCV Lord of Hell, but Queen and actually Demon Prince... Shit. Still need to do Demon Prince.

Demon Price should be fine with Kirin.

jay23

Can't wait to finally use dqxq that I've had sitting in my box. I don't even know what her best sub's are. is she like kirin were you can use a bunch of farmable sub's?

Epic Drop

Finally completed all of the non-rush challenge dungeons. Trying out different teams and strategies used up pretty much all of my stamina the past few days, but I think the piis are worth it!

I've got high hopes for cao caos ult evo (for both my urd and yamato teams), so I'm thinking about spending the next two weeks farming the coin dungeon for his skill ups. On the other hand, I just might roll a sun quan from the 3k pen machine tomorrow, and if I skilled him up he could be great on my l.Kali team... Decisions decisions.

razterik

Five rolls got me every silver egg. Got my Baddie replacement. Rolled four more, no golds, but fed a sun quan to remax skill my original. Satisfied.

Top Bottom