• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

I think FZZ is hoping the devil burst remains while the nuke and HP drop are removed. But all burst actives have a nuke now since it's a way for you to overwrite one burst active with another burst active.

Non-awoken ults don't seem to change active skills anyway. More awakenings for one ult, improved leader skill for the other ult is the pattern.

mike23

I broke down and spent 60 bucks on stones. First time ever buying an IAP like that, but screw it, I play this game a ton. I also just unlocked challenge mode so that gave me another 3 pulls

My pulls in this god fest:

Odin
Durga
Cursed Dragon
Thumbelina x2
The Nord Urd
Lakshmi x2
Apocalypse
Ganesha x2
Indra
Echidna
Shiva
Dark Angel Metatron
Archangel Metatron
Shardra
Berserker Z

razterik

Don't think either the nuke or HP drop will go. Both are critical to some quick Star Vault teams along with the new Vritra. If anything, the uevo vote might be enough for his active to add a secondary type boost. 2.5x dragon/devil would be perfect.

FZZ

Banned
I think FZZ is hoping the devil burst remains while the nuke and HP drop are removed. But all burst actives have a nuke now since it's a way for you to overwrite one burst active with another burst active.

Non-awoken ults don't seem to change active skills anyway. More awakenings for one ult, improved leader skill for the other ult is the pattern.

Yes that is what I meant, sorry for being unclear.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Spent the whole weekend doing Poring Tower. The +30 Ghost rings ended up activating 2 skill up for me.

Yeah the game don't want me to have a max skilled lillith. Screw it.

smbu2000

Yes, I finished off the DMeta on my iPad. (second 297 on there as well after Ronia) Now I've started on D/D Haku as I use her on both of those teams.

IMG_0117dmetamax_zps2puab6ym.jpg

Also pulled once more on each as I collected enough for one more try on each.

iPad: Izanagi (glad to finally have him on here, already have one on my iPhone, and I didn't want to worry about skill ups, so I gave him 3 shynpys and max skilled him.)

iPhone: Neptune (I already have one, but I guess another one might be useful.) Still amazed that I went 9 for 9 gold eggs on this one...(only one troll gold)

Yeah im still not sure who to tackle on when it comes to +egg - GZL team helped me out a bunch and he is a good leader i think but dont know if i should commit or if other leaders prefer more from +eggs than he does ( like DMeta or Ronia).

About skill ups ? Yeah the chance of getting the right mini god AND being able to get a skill up from him is just too low for me lol. I am still at a point where i benefit from getting some nice PAL Evo materials that i cant farm on my own. So 10 regular pals with a chance of getting a Jewel are more attractive.

Hehe yeah the game is trying to tell you something with all these Verdandi rolls xD

Feel the same way about Yomi she is great for my U&Y team, but i rarely get to use her active and she doesnt really help against being orb trolled. D.Kali has everything you would hope for in a U&Y sub - but you have to be lucky enough to get her.

@scottnak

Awesome - considering what kind of buffs and Ult Evo Blue Odin got i dont even wanna know what the red one will get hehe.
Yeah, it just depends on who you plan to use. Having the character as a good leader and a good sub is very helpful.

On my main account, I use LKali as both a leader and as a sub on my LMeta and Athena teams, so that's why I chose to go with her next on my list. I'd like to do Haku on here too, but I might go for somebody else. Still have a long while before LKali is finished though.

Haku is also useful on both of main two teams Ronia and DMeta which is why I'm doing her next on my iPad.

I like GZL on both of my accounts, but I mainly use him as sub (on my Vegeta team and on my DMeta) for when I need a nice boost as they both have a lot of Attacker characters. If I used him as a leader as well then I might put plus eggs into him, but for now he's a low priority.

I'd imagine Rodin would get the same 3 TPA treatment, plus a small stat boost. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long to come as I have 2 of them on my iPhone.

razterik

Knowing 3x normals and 2.5x chance exist has killed my desire to farm plus eggs and skill ups until they get here. Stared at Poring Tower all day, then decided Chibi Valk and Lilith can take it slow. Ran this instead:

Took three tries to get my Minerva crew past Beyzul/Threedia combo. Probably could have been two, but screwed up Threedia's attack order on my second run. Pretty cool that this drops evolved Fagan, saves me from leveling up a second one and might be useful if he becomes an awoken evo mat in the future. Not worth farming outside 2x coin dungeons, though.

colinp

Banned
Wow, either Gung-ho is incredibly creative or the community is. Have previous evos that require such kind of subs had little references in them?

seady

Wow, either Gung-ho is incredibly creative or the community is. Have previous evos that require such kind of subs had little references in them?

Yes, all the Awoken Evo had some kind of references in them.

1533.jpg

Example: You can see Hera-Ur's fireballs and Zeus Vulcan's sword in Awoken Minerva.

Ducarmel

Used my last pulls before godfest was over

Durga and Sarasvati, I don't have much use for them. I have Kirin/Horus, and I don't have the orb changers needed for Saras.

Lu Bu losing his mount in his art is weird. Before his art came out I imagined his busty new leader skill would have something to to do with x atk/hp for devil and dragon types.

Maybe its to early to speculate, chances are probably high he will get a split evo since Liu Bei and Sun Quan got 2.

Lu Bu losing his mount in his art is weird. Before his art came out I imagined his busty new leader skill would have something to to do with x atk/hp for devil and dragon types.

Maybe its to early to speculate, chances are probably high he will get a split evo since Liu Bei and Sun Quan got 2.
I went back and looked, and both Sun Quan and Liu Bei lost the mount in their "leader" uvo. So it might be worth holding out hope for a split.
Don't think either the nuke or HP drop will go. Both are critical to some quick Star Vault teams along with the new Vritra. If anything, the uevo vote might be enough for his active to add a secondary type boost. 2.5x dragon/devil would be perfect.
I think it would be kind of funny if Lu Bu's active skill picked up dragons. Mainly because the most prominent dragon leaders have HP conditions.

quin

One more pull on jp

Ars Nova

She is not even part of the PC godfest :( Also decided to do 10 pal pull and got nothing.

pls JP players add me 271984210

I run Pandora, Lu Bu, Bastet, or L Meta.

I also have GZL but his team is not complete yet, under leveled on a lot of my green subs and missing some mats for Liu Bei busty.

I added you! I use mostly red odin, lubu and pandora.

Jagernaut

I need 37 more hp and atk plus eggs to hyper max Ronia. Since it's 5x tech Monday, what dungeons should I run? Forbidden Tower-4? Mech dragons? Which has the best plus egg return?

If Chachemar and Chu Chulain are required for Awoken Parvati, I think this is acceptable and it makes me very happy that I already have a 6 star Chu CHu to ultimate evolve into whichever She needs (not sold it is Green/Red Chu over Green/Dark Chu, or even not ultimate evolved Chu)

Don't have a Lakshmi so I don't have to worry about berserk... Especially since I either un-ultimate evolve my Blue/Red one, or have to evolve my five star extra one.

Have they announced Awoken Venus's active yet?

In Gameplay news, I 0-stoned Mephisto descend (in the no continue challenge mode) with a Dual Minerva team (team was dual ultimate minerva leads (mine is max skilled, friend was 6 cooldown, Dual Ronia subs, Devil Shiva, and Ultimate Grodin). Being able to heal 2000k each turn meant that all the single bosses did 500 damage to me (at most) while I whittled them down to their "I'll give you one more turn to kill me" move. The Dual color bosses, I took down the grudge fish one at a time by focusing on them. The Dark/Green dragon I tanked to 51%, and then Ronia'd down. I ended up using enough turns on FA luci and The boss that the Ronia came BACK and I was able to take down Mephisto after he reached 50%.

That Badpy felt GOOD to get, and went on Awoken Hades. I still have a bunch of challenge dungeons I KNOW i can take down (yomi goddess, Beelzebub, maybe hera-beorc, Take-minekata but I am waiting on 3k pal to be here before I do that one), it's just making sure I can mitigate risk.

Ducarmel

I need 37 more hp and atk plus eggs to hyper max Ronia. Since it's 5x tech Monday, what dungeons should I run? Forbidden Tower-4? Mech dragons? Which has the best plus egg return?

yeah ft4 should be good.

you need 37 or 84 +egg?

because your looking at 444+ or 888+ stamina respectively assuming you get 1+ egg a run, so you will have to be willing to stone.

5x tech +egg farming is usually for iap players with at least 200+ stamina and willing to spend around 20-30 stones

Have they announced Awoken Venus's active yet?

6 seconds to move orbs without triggering a match

@quin thanks for adding me.

Ducarmel

Yeah kind of, that is why only iap guys do it. Spending 20-30 stones to just max one card.

I'm also taking into account you might not get the +egg you exactly need. The chances are pretty much zero you will get 37 +eggs in a row coming out to 20 atk, and 17 hp.

Just finished putting +eggs into Haku. I hope we get her skill up dungeon soon so I can finish the hypermax.

I have a lot to do this event. Still have 5 challenge floors that I should definitely be able to clear. I still haven't been brave enough to try Izanami mythical or Wadatsumi yet, but I might be able to throw something together for them as well.

I need 4 red jewels and a blue for Hera-Ur and Beelzebub ultimates.

I'd also like to max skill Cao Cao and maybe Lu Bu. Not looking forward to this process.

And I still haven't picked up the stone/S-rank for the bowl dragon.

J0dy77

Everything is worse than Star Vault, at least until 3x comes.

After my last run of Star vault I'm never going back. The drop rate is great for plus eggs and looks flashy but when you compare value of stamina spent and drops it's not worth it at all. You're better off running Alt coin dungeons and getting a slightly less drop rate with amazing exp and good feeders.

linsivvi

After my last run of Star vault I'm never going back. The drop rate is great for plus eggs and looks flashy but when you compare value of stamina spent and drops it's not worth it at all. You're better off running Alt coin dungeons and getting a slightly less drop rate with amazing exp and good feeders.

Well, the coin dungeons have similar +egg rates as Starlight Sanctuary, so it's not slightly less, but yeah the exp and feeders more than made up for it.

This is the stamina/+egg rate according to various sources:

Star vault: 18
Door of Light and Shadow @ 5x Monday: 21
Ocean of Heaven (1.5x drop): 42
Tier 5 dungeons (1.5x drop): 46
Alt dungeons: 49
Starlight Sanctuary (1.5x drop): 52

Obviously, when 3x +egg normal dungeon arrives, Star vault will become obsolete.

J0dy77

Well, the coin dungeons have similar +egg rates as Starlight Sanctuary, so it's not slightly less, but yeah the exp and feeders more than made up for it.

This is the stamina/+egg rate according to various sources:

Star vault: 18
Door of Light and Shadow @ 5x Monday: 21
Ocean of Heaven (1.5x drop): 42
Tier 5 dungeons (1.5x drop): 46
Alt dungeons: 49
Starlight Sanctuary (1.5x drop): 52

Obviously, when 3x +egg normal dungeon arrives, Star vault will become obsolete.

I'm not sure if I've just been extremely lucky but I'm getting an amazing drop rate on Alt coin dungeons. It feels like it's almost every run. It's probably because they cost more as well but i feel like I'm getting close to a 1:1 drop rate.

With all of the benefits of the alts and getting trolled hard the last time Ruins was around, I'm never going back. Spent a stone and did 11 runs for 6 eggs. Was pisssedd.

Anyone got an Awoken Ceres they can put up?

ID: 356 137 283

Put mine up, what are you planning on running? Hera? Devil? We're already friends.

Okamid3n

Is it worth levelling Light Meta if I already have a maxed Blue meta?

I guess the light-heavy damage would be worth it, maybe.

I just have a lot of light exp and nothing to use it on.

Note : I'll never use them as leads.

Is it worth levelling Light Meta if I already have a maxed Blue meta?

I guess the light-heavy damage would be worth it, maybe.

I just have a lot of light exp and nothing to use it on.

Note : I'll never use them as leads.

Do you have a Kirin? L.Meta plays pretty well on her team, better than Blue Meta due to attribute.

What other Light Gods do you have?

Thanks! I'm doing Soul Reaper in the Challenge dungeon. Even with no RCV, it's pretty straightforward with 2 Ceres and Angelion.
How much HP are you running? I lack a Grodin and his numerous autoheals so I was thinking about using a heartmaker on a Ceres team for Mephisto too but my HP seems a bit low until I throw more green exp into my subs.

Okamid3n

Do you have a Kirin? L.Meta plays pretty well on her team, better than Blue Meta due to attribute.

What other Light Gods do you have?

I use Kirin and Athena. I don't have damage problems with Kirin, but I would like more damage with Athena. I just don't know if it's worth all the effort.

Also, didn't jp get an update where the noel dragons give 2 million exp now instead of 1 million? I guess I should wait for that.

Oh, I was also wondering what you guys use your piis on. I have 3 fire piis that I think I'll use on mamiya because she'd be a really good asset to my fire teams (leads : yamato, rodin or shiva). I think collab silver drops don't usually get skill up materials, right?

How much HP are you running? I lack a Grodin and his numerous autoheals so I was thinking about using a heartmaker on a Ceres team for Mephisto too but my HP seems a bit low until I throw more green exp into my subs.

I think a heartmaker would work, but the on color one (Parvati/Fortoytops) sucks to max skill. Not having a Ceres, what is the subtype that it supports? Is it possible that another heart maker can double for the green one based on type?

I did Mephisto Challenge with Dual Minerva and 20k hp, the only danger was the Green portion of the devil dragon (bursted down at 51-53%) and the grudge fish (took them down one at a time to limit their impact of their blue phase). I was never really in danger thanks to that 2k hp refresh every turn, BUT if I had a max skilled heart maker, I could have tanked those 5 turns each cooldown before I would NEED to use it...

So if you can make 20k, it may benefit you to try

EDIT: Used both Flampy's on Ronia (went 0/4 on her ultimate, and I REALLY don't want to farm trifruits anymore), Badpy went to Awoken Hades, Haven't done either of the bubpy dungeons yet (though they would go on Awoken Neptune), Woodpy is on hold (I thought maybe GZL, but I'm not sure), Shynpy would be held or maybe Izanagi (skill level 3, but eventually he gets a skillup material)

tr4656

I use Kirin and Athena. I don't have damage problems with Kirin, but I would like more damage with Athena. I just don't know if it's worth all the effort.

Also, didn't jp get an update where the noel dragons give 2 million exp now instead of 1 million? I guess I should wait for that.

Oh, I was also wondering what you guys use your piis on. I have 3 fire piis that I think I'll use on mamiya because she'd be a really good asset to my fire teams (leads : yamato, rodin or shiva). I think collab silver drops don't usually get skill up materials, right?

If you use Kirin and Athena, max LMeta. Its pretty useful.

And yes, the JP got and update to double noels. I used all of my Fire Piis on Prometheus and Green Piis on Ceres.

I'm still unsure about some of my Pii usage. Fire and dark are easy, but the others I feel like I'd just be using them because I have them.

Red: Awoken Hino, Hera-Ur from now on
Blue: Starling? Not really any other options
Green: GZL or Marine rider. I use GZL more, but the skill up is more useful on marine rider
Light: LZL is really the only candidate
Dark: DL Batman.

I think a heartmaker would work, but the on color one (Parvati/Fortoytops) sucks to max skill. Not having a Ceres, what is the subtype that it supports? Is it possible that another heart maker can double for the green one based on type?

I did Mephisto Challenge with Dual Minerva and 20k hp, the only danger was the Green portion of the devil dragon (bursted down at 51-53%) and the grudge fish (took them down one at a time to limit their impact of their blue phase). I was never really in danger thanks to that 2k hp refresh every turn, BUT if I had a max skilled heart maker, I could have tanked those 5 turns each cooldown before I would NEED to use it...

So if you can make 20k, it may benefit you to try
If I can hit 20k HP with a dual resist team, I'd have already tried
and probably beaten
it. :p My green subs are all pretty underdeveloped so I'm barely scraping 16k with a max level Ceres friend. Hoping Super Emeralds come around again before the Challenge Descends end.

Ceres boosts balance type and green but I don't have any of the green REM exclusive heartmakers except Verdandi, who isn't leveled or evolved yet. <_< I was thinking of using Angelion (like Cobalt) since mine is max skilled but my total HP takes a further hit and I lose a 2PA sub.

Two 30% heals every 7 turns, heartmaking every 5 turns, and 2 autoheals should be enough to stall if nearly every hit is reduced to 25%, right? I'm banking on 5 row enhances and a Drake active being enough to burst my way past the rage mode(s).

xCobalt

Just over 15000. My subs are Angelion, Susano, Athena and Verche. Only thing you have to worry about is bringing the devil dragon past 50% before you're ready.

Cool, thanks. Yeah, it looks like the CDD fight will be the trickiest. Maybe I should bring a golem shield for extra safety...

You can stall again on FA Luci, don't be afraid to go damage over defense for that one.

I think with the two 7 turn 30% heals you should be able to do it. Only throw in the angelion if the healers and 1k auto health don't work out.

Tobe

got to floor 23 on true endless. guess it was ok. that shit is tough, belze on floor 22 and then satan? rough!

Top Bottom