• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Parvati is pretty nice. Big burst potential. Was thinking how underwhelming she is compared to Juggler but forgot Parvati also has permanent 3x ATK even when she doesn't trigger the extra 1.5x.

Kreed

LS: 3x to water, 1.5x after 5 hearts match
AS: deal 20x damage and recover 50% of the damage dealt + 3 heart orbs generated randomly.

I really wish they'd properly balance this game and get rid of outdated skills completely vs doing minor tweaks that don't mean anything in the long run. What's the point of keeping the x20 damage attack from when the game first came out if it doesn't do anything but tickle all the current bosses? If you're going to change the skill anyway, why not make it significant? How about a 30% Gravity skill that heals for 15%? Or Blue Orb Enhance/create blue orbs + 3 Heart Orbs generated?

hermit7

I really wish they'd properly balance this game and get rid of outdated skills completely vs doing minor tweaks that don't mean anything in the long run. What's the point of keeping the x20 damage attack from when the game first came out if it doesn't do anything but tickle all the current bosses? If you're going to change the skill anyway, why not make it significant? How about a 30% Gravity skill that heals for 15%? Or Blue Orb Enhance/create blue orbs + 3 Heart Orbs generated?

The 20x attack overwrites previous damage enhancement. It was added actually for that one reason.

J0dy77

The compare/contrast on Parvati and Juggler is pretty telling on what the power level should have been

Parvati is pretty nice. Big burst potential. Was thinking how underwhelming she is compared to Juggler but forgot Parvati also has permanent 3x ATK even when she doesn't trigger the extra 1.5x.

I was wishing I had a Parvati yesterday for my GZL or Ceres team... now I really want one.

After all that wasted stamina on Challenge dungeons I think the PAD gods felt bad for me. Got 2 red jewels in 4 runs and evo'd DQ Hera. She'll fit nicely on a couple teams, especially looking forward to Yamato.

The compare/contrast on Parvati and Juggler is pretty telling on what the power level should have been

Honestly Parvati isn't even that bad. But I've no clue what they were thinking when they decided to make another "two heart matches for X" leader skill so close to Juggler's release. They basically reopened a wound that has barely begun to heal.

razterik

I think the issue is these clearly demonstrate where Juggler should have been placed on the power scale, but instead the politics behind the collab made him really broken.

Parvati looks pretty solid, enhanced heals seems bad? But whatever, let's force people to use green piis for no reason. Glad I have multiple max skill Michaels. Perseus is probably better, but he steals water orbs.

Lakshmi is garbage. She cribs Bastet Robbins art, loses her best typing (healer), terrible RCV, stripped of the enhance orbs which is the only good part of her current active, and none of her awakenings are doubled.

Juggler won't ever be released outside Japan and Parvati isn't broken.

Don't see a problem there.

I know.

Parvati is fine. But people are going to compare her to Juggler if only because she has a "match 2 sets of heart orbs" skill and was released nearly immediately after Juggler.

razterik

Minerva or Ceres can take it pretty well since it's mostly dark/light. Be careful on chibi zhuge so you're not skill locked going into Zhao Yun. His combo shield is annoying. Ronia team paired with Minerva also works quite well, and would probably handle the invade better.

Minerva or Ceres can take it pretty well since it's mostly dark/light. Be careful on chibi zhuge so you're not skill locked going into Zhao Yun. His combo shield is annoying. Ronia team paired with Minerva also works quite well, and would probably handle the invade better.
Unfortunately I don't have a Greco Roman god. I really wish I had a Ceres, as have a lot of good green subs for that team. No Ronia either. I was thinking maybe devil Bastet or Athena. For Bastet I'm worried about the dark absorbs, and I'm not sure about Athena's RCV.

linsivvi

I know.

Parvati is fine. But people are going to compare her to Juggler if only because she has a "match 2 sets of heart orbs" skill and was released nearly immediately after Juggler.

Yeah. Well, hopefully GungHo can somehow find a way to contain Juggler.

Maybe bosses with passive ability that counters all heal orb generating skills?

Edit: PADZ returns eh? I know what my stamina will be spent on.

Maid

Banned
I know.

She's better looking than Juggler. That's enough the reason for me.

DXQX uevo skill/stats.

PVEpuu2.jpg

t7vOEfx.jpg
This is not even about which one you think is more useful when they split up the sister like that.

razterik

Parvati looks like she just got back from the trenches with that helmet on her head. They both suffer from giant headitis, but holy moly.

XQ going 5x, huh.

Lu Bu gets all expected additions. Well, he's a little stronger now.

Mixed feelings about these uvos.

Lu Bu: Excellent all around. Extra row, extra skill, unbindable, and a stat boost; almost everything I hoped for.

DQ: Solid new awakenings, but the new typing means I can't use her on Athena. She was a crucial part of that team for her RCV.

XQ: Garbage IMO. I can't believe they went with the leader skill that gets gimped by her active.

colinp

Banned
Woo woo! Think I'll save my +9 tama for Lu Bu.

Just need to know EVO mats now and then the loooooooooong wait to US PAD.

The leader version of DQ is "5x when all colors + heal" which is pretty trash with her active. I'm not using it. Sub version is pretty good though.

jay23

Lu bu uevo looks good, I was hoping for 2 row enhance but that would probably be too OP.

Wonder if he'll get a another uevo

^Ronia is such a slut

zoku88

Mixed feelings about these uvos.

Lu Bu: Excellent all around. Extra row, extra skill, unbindable, and a stat boost; almost everything I hoped for.

DQ: Solid new awakenings, but the new typing means I can't use her on Athena. She was a crucial part of that team for her RCV.

XQ: Garbage IMO. I can't believe they went with the leader skill that gets gimped by her active.

Yea, I'm no uvo'ing mine since I also use mine for my Athena.

Yeah people used to think it was a great active but you couldn't combine it with a heartbreaker so the damage was always kinda shit.
Its not terrible if you're using a row team. As long as you have enough of the right orbs on the board, Valk>DQXQ can easily give you at least two rows.

I think I'm liking the idea of DQ as a leader. The TPA and extra light row will really help with damage output.

I use a 100% skill bind resist Bastet team. Subs are GZL, D/L Lilith, Marine rider, Meimei. Subs order matters! Nothing worse than losing because Lilith's light sub damage brings Hera back to life...

Edit: shit wasn't paying attention, didn't see that you don't have enough skill bind resists. Hopefully someone else can use this.
Yep, it works. Things got a little dicey when I had to burn Okuni's active because I stalled too much on Hades and didn't do enough damage before his timer went to one. My own Hades was one turn away from having his gravity ready in the screenshots. I think I did barely enough damage to one shot Beorc.

smbu2000

Gung Ho must know what you need and give you everything else. I've done the Thursday dungeon 5 times today trying to get more Red and Green fruit for my Ronia/Urd and Verdandi(s). So far I've gotten 1 red, 1 green and 3 blue (which I don't need on my main one, I do need them on my iPad for the Skuld I picked up.)

At least I already had some from before, but I still need 1 more red to uevo my Ronia (now that the skill is set for her) and I'm just stashing the green ones(currently up to 8) until Verdandi's chance comes up again. Blue is the one I have the most of...
I still have a chance to get a red one before the day is over...

I'm tempted to use a stone for three more chances if it doesn't drop as I'd like to uevo Ronia when the new event starts with 2.5x skill up chance. Last time on my Urd with 4 red fruit I got 3 skill ups! (during 2.5x skill up) Only need 2 more for her.

I also "lost" 50 stamina as well. I started up the dungeon in the morning and as it started to go into it, I wanted to check something on the internet, so I hit the home button and browsed for a few minutes. When I switched back over to PAD I was on the main dungeon screen, 50 stamina was gone, and my friend had been "used." WTF! That's never happened before...I sent in a report, but maybe that's why they had to release the mini update later in the day for bugs like that...
Still sucks for me though...

Cleared Dragon Zombie/Satan/Beezlebub in the Devil challenge. Nice to get the orbs for Satan/Bubu. I'm not confident about the others though I may try them.

edit: I'm liking the Awoken Parvati a lot. Her current active skill is Water to Hearts, so are they just going to add the heart enhance to her current active then? I hope so as the Parvati on my main and sub accounts are both max skilled. I don't want to have to do it again. She'll be good for my Verdandi team until I can get my other Verdandi(s) and Liu Bei(s) evolved.

I don't have Lu Bu, but I'm looking forward to using him with my hypermax Ronia. I'm sure all of the hypermax Lu Bu's on my friends list will uevo him.

Now all we need to see are the LKali and Goemon uevos.

My new team:

Ronia, Ronia, Haku, Hadar, Lu Bu

Will replace Hadar with FA Luci if I ever got one.Not sure if two Ronia is too much for a dark focused team but she's too god to pass up on right now.

J0dy77

https://mobile.twitter.com/pad_sexy

Here he is!!
He gains one skill boost, row enhance and now has complete bind immunity

Can't complain about the Lu Bu leader update at all. I would have preferred a TPA instead of the row enhance or skillup but I'll take it.

Dqxq... well.... that's something I guess.

Thinking about it some more, I may have a crazy Ult Venus team... something along the lines of Venus, DQXQ, Thor, Valk, (last spot up for grabs). That's 100% Row enhance without even including the 4th sub. REALLY REALLY want apollo.

saichi

Pulled Parvati in Godfest last week and she was so useless. Now a few days later, she becomes da shizzle and I finally have a good wood leader option!

On a side note, passed Satan for the 1st time in Descended Challenge. LTron team reallywprks well in this one.

Damn, Zhao Yun isn't looking farmable for me right now. So no ult Beelzebub for me today. I was hoping to be able to test out a Twinlit setup that should be foolproof, but I guess I'll have to wait until next week. Assuming I can farm Zeus Dios that is.

J0dy77

Damn, Zhao Yun isn't looking farmable for me right now. So no ult Beelzebub for me today. I was hoping to be able to test out a Twinlit setup that should be foolproof, but I guess I'll have to wait until next week. Assuming I can farm Zeus Dios that is.

What is your foolproof team? I need to come up with one myself. I can get through easier with Beelzebub than Zeus but i still have risk.

What is your foolproof team? I need to come up with one myself. I can get through easier with Beelzebub than Zeus but i still have risk.
Well, I'll have to test it out, but right now the plan is Lu Bu, Uvo Beelz, D/L Lilith, D/L Batman, Awoken Kagu, Ronia.

Kagu seems like a weird choice, but its my only dark orb changer will a skill boost. So his main purpose is to be up turn one to save me from a bad starting board.

Also, batman is kind of crucial to this, so I don't know how helpful this will be. He brings 2 skill boosts, a row enhance, and I have him at an 11 turn CD, so his delay is guaranteed to be up by round 3.

hermit7

Can't complain about the Lu Bu leader update at all. I would have preferred a TPA instead of the row enhance or skillup but I'll take it.

Dqxq... well.... that's something I guess.

Thinking about it some more, I may have a crazy Ult Venus team... something along the lines of Venus, DQXQ, Thor, Valk, (last spot up for grabs). That's 100% Row enhance without even including the 4th sub. REALLY REALLY want apollo.

Throw in a Raphael for 2x more. At least that's what I am thinking for 11 rows with friend Venus.

J0dy77

Throw in a Raphael for 2x more. At least that's what I am thinking for 11 rows with friend Venus.

I do have a max lvl and awoken Raphael already, might have to do that. I forgot that Valk doesnt have row enhance but her double orb enhance might be just as good. I even have a second venus that I might level but it seems like I need more orb changers instead of row enhance at that point.

Well, I'll have to test it out, but right now the plan is Lu Bu, Uvo Beelz, D/L Lilith, D/L Batman, Awoken Kagu, Ronia.

Kagu seems like a weird choice, but its my only dark orb changer will a skill boost. So his main purpose is to be up turn one to save me from a bad starting board.

Also, batman is kind of crucial to this, so I don't know how helpful this will be. He brings 2 skill boosts, a row enhance, and I have him at an 11 turn CD, so his delay is guaranteed to be up by round 3.

Yeah thats the big problem for me. I don't have devil batman to delay on round 3 and still meet the skill cooldown requirement for the first couple rounds. I've actually fought through the bind on round 3 without delay but it's not foolproof. The real difficulty is getting 8 skill cool downs to have lilith available for round 2 and delay round 3. Once Yamato gets his Ultimate it should be really easy for me.

seady

Gungho desire sensors getting to me. 5 runs no red fruit drop

I seriously speculate the so called "sensor" has something to do with them simply detecting your box and see what you don't have (or less of) and DECREASING the rate of those drops even more. Vice versa, they check your box and see what you have abundance and INCREASE the drop rate of those even more.

A way to fix this is feed or sell all of those things you have a lot of - to mess up their sensor in order to balance out the drop rate to get what you want.

Hint* when you need certain drop very badly and once you get it, don't use it up immediately. Save it up first and make you box have more of them (or at least match the quantity to those that you don't want). Sensor activates, boom and you keep on getting more of it.

I don't want anymore mini liu beis. 6 of them. Over half of all the mini pulls have been him. Wtf am I gonna do with all these without a real one to skill up!

Top Bottom