• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Jonsoncao

Banned
Good news: I made it farther on Gaea Descended than I ever have today
Bad news: I still died because time extends have made me a kitten in terms of puzzling hard

GxCMOwf.png

Gaia Legend is pretty doable with this team. All farmable.

Required:
Two max skilled Echidna
One max skilled Gigas

Optional: Phoenix knight

Floor 1: Kill on the last turn.
Floor 2: Kill on the last turn, eliminate some non-reds, 5+3 reds + another 2 to 3 combos
Floor 3: First term combo, use Gigas on the second turn, one more turn to cushion.
Floor 4: Echidna first, kill two birds, centaur will use lone force
Floor 5: Use second Echidna after Ceres attacked once
Boss floor: First Echidna should be up, don't heal on the first turn when Gaia change one color to heart, got the -99% then use heart orbs, use Echidna after Stone Grave. Two turns to kill her, use one orb changer at a time and combo hard.

yami4ct

Awoken Bastet? Nice! I honestly thought she could use a little boost. She's definitely been falling behind as a leader for me. Really hope this allows me to make a team around her again outside of the Weekend Dungeon. If not, she'll at least be a better sub and that's great given how often I use her.

Maid

Banned
What's the best way to farm Rubylit? I need a shitload of them and friday dungeon is obviously not a good way to find them. I have no idea about the drop rate of other places, though.

Finally can use my third bastet.

So you are the one who took all of my Bastet roll.

razterik

And here's the usual Challenge 8 Ceres clear. Died first run to Uriel when I wasn't paying close enough attention to my HP threshold. Second run had no issues, but I did get lucky poking Sandalphon down to a tiny sliver of light and using Odin to put him into blue. Ended up being totally unnecessary when my Genbu->Michael combo rolled over 4 million damage.

Time to go research Challenge 10 clears and see if I can put together a low stone team.

What's the best way to farm Rubylit? I need a shitload of them and friday dungeon is obviously not a good way to find them. I have no idea about the drop rate of other places, though.

Tomorrow afternoon has Dungeon of Fire - Tunnel Dragon at half stamina. That's the best place outside Friday Dungeon.

seady

I cant tell which two gods make up Bastet's Awoken form.

Rumors from Japan are these two:

1837.jpg

The forehead of the two cats have the same star.

1750.jpg
1754.jpg

And one of these two. The forehead of Bastet has similar magical sign of the fire one. And the cats have similar ghost effects of the wood one.

The forehead design isn't quite the same, might not be it and I'm gonna be super disappointed if she steals Theurga's awakenings anyways

Also I just noticed that Bastet has leg knives. Cause getting slashed at with painted nails isn't enough presumably.

any tips on S Ranking the Ragnarok Collab?

I tried Bastet/Anubis but I just couldn't do enough damage to the boss before death with my low rarity team.

LuffyZoro

I need to get some autohealer friends for a resolve team. If you can put that up, add me at 341650357.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong ID. The one there now is correct. Name should be Michael@/r

I don't have any blue monsters that need exp, so I'm debating feeding my challenge level 5 reward to an off color. Seems like a waste, but so does letting it sit in my box unused.

Quantum

I don't have any blue monsters that need exp, so I'm debating feeding my challenge level 5 reward to an off color. Seems like a waste, but so does letting it sit in my box unused.

its a million exp - I tend to just let the globes sit - I currently have 4 I haven't used - but have plans for them.

2x on Dark Sprite today has been very good to me.

- I have 16 cattleya, and 3 levels left on pandora - hopefully it will work. Today I saw about a 40% drop rate
- with a slightly lower drop rate today (was higher yesterday) of the gold pirate I was able to quickly max skill my first Fuma, my second (unleveled) has gone 0/14 feeds which is so odd.

the Beelz/haku/hanzo/lubu/lilith/Beelz absolutely destroyed seaway - of course I couldn't heal adequately but the HP allowed me to tank for actives.

Maid

Banned
I swear, the skill up process feels more like a punishment when failed than reward when succeeded. Do the Japanese players say nothing about that?

J0dy77

I just fed two red snow globes to my dark kali last week, no regrets. It's easy to level cards these days and I like to max level cards that I'm going to use as fast as possible. It's not a huge difference in bonus exp, same amount if you catch a "great"... makes up for it.

Hit my highest accomplishment in pad today, zero stoned challenge dungeon 9. Speed the first attempt to bad planning but the second run went very well. Awoken Hades beasting.

How much did you use beelzebub? I have all the components except for Beelzebub (well ultimate beelzebub). I could probably sub in something else high end and awesome.

I just fed two red snow globes to my dark kali last week, no regrets. It's easy to level cards these days and I like to max level cards that I'm going to use as fast as possible. It's not a huge difference in bonus exp, same amount if you catch a "great"... makes up for it.
Yeah this was basically my thinking.
Hit my highest accomplishment in pad today, zero stoned challenge dungeon 9. Speed the first attempt to bad planning but the second run went very well. Awoken Hades beasting.
Congrats! I really need a Greco-Roman 1 god. I feel like I could make a really good Ceres team, which would open up a bunch of content for me.

Maid

Banned

I'm curious about the appearance of Lilith in your team. Is she there because of the RCV?

J0dy77

How much did you use beelzebub? I have all the components except for Beelzebub (well ultimate beelzebub). I could probably sub in something else high end and awesome.

I brought beelzebub more for the stat stick. I've got 280 pluses on him and with double tpa he hits really hard. His active was there for the extra burst when needed.

I'm curious about the appearance of Lilith in your team. Is she there because of the RCV?

Yeah that was part of the thinking. With haku on the team and vamp the RCV was on the low side. Plus I think her active is very underrated. Using beelzebub and lilith combo adds a decent amount of damage.

The key to getting through the dungeon is being able to burst round 2 and round 5. Any of the round that you have resistance to are about charging cool downs and saving hearts to be able to top yourself off. If you get to round 7 he's almost free, he basically tickles with all of his abilities.

Spent a stone on the DBZ collab cause I had just slightly not enough burst to kill Majinbuu, but got it back for the clear and I had the Vegeta invade happen so now I got Vegitto or whatever he's called I don't know any of the names of these Gokus

tr4656

Spent a stone on the DBZ collab cause I had just slightly not enough burst to kill Majinbuu, but got it back for the clear and I had the Vegeta invade happen so now I got Vegitto or whatever he's called I don't know any of the names of these Gokus

The UVO Goku is Vegeto.

razterik

New Goemon info:
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=266

Very nice. Still suffers from classic Goemon issues like binding and preemptives. Kind of makes him a worse sub in some ways due to the active skill HP drop, but he wasn't super useful there anyways. Time for more red piis. He's amazing for even faster FT4 plus egg farming now.

Green Odin getting max countdown reduced to 9. And Blue Odin finally gets the buff he needed all along - enhances water orbs.

Maid

Banned
New Goemon info:
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=266

Very nice. Still suffers from classic Goemon issues like binding and preemptives. Kind of makes him a worse sub in some ways due to the active skill HP drop, but he wasn't super useful there anyways. Time for more red piis. He's amazing for even faster FT4 plus egg farming now.

Green Odin getting max countdown reduced to 9. And Blue Odin finally gets the buff he needed all along - enhances water orbs.

I'm also not hot for that HP reduction, although I understand they want to synergy the active with his leader skill. The awakening are amazing, though.

Just a question, if I have a full board of red, does that count as 5 fire rows for the row enhance awakening or only 1?

linsivvi

Suddenly Goemon doesn't feel as amazing as I thought.

Even with only 4 row enhance from the Goemon leads, full board enhanced orbs is about 30x damage, which is guaranteed now with the new active skill, and that's on top of the 36x from the leader skill, and I haven't taken into account the bonus damage from enhanced orb awakenings.

razterik

Goemon never had much problem killing things, rather his issue was getting into range without dying. His active sort of solves that, but introduces some other problems as well. How good he is now will largely depend on how fast his leader skill damage accelerates as his HP drops. Best I hope for is 2.5/3x at <80% and 3.5/4x at <50%.

3x plus egg normals returning to JP in next event. Looks like this will be a regular thing now. Maybe rotating with 5x tech since that's missing.

Holy shot Blodin gets orb enhance. Suddenly he is officially a guaranteed spot on my U&Y team. Skilling him up is going to be a pain though.

Goemon looks nice. Seems like a great sub for non Krishna fire teams and a solid leader as well. I'm wondering if his active will start at lower CD than his current one. Maybe 20 turns at lvl 1?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Had to lay low the last couple of days but tried Wednesday Mask dungeon again and i think with my new team my success rate is now more or less 100% when it was like 50-60%.

My regular GZL team is perfect for the dungeon with GZL/GZL/Marine Rider/Verdandi/CuChu/GZL

Earlier i sometimes problems having enough orbs to OHKO the final stage - but with the Verdandi+CuChu combo its over. Awesome, putting Verdandi on the team was the right call.

Stopped with the Athena/Legendary Seaway because the team isnt reliable enough at this point and 88 stamina per run is too much waste now. I need to skill up some of the orb changer like Verche and level the team a bit for safer runs.

btw.

Time to save up some Pal points - seems like we will get a Evo Carnival next week with 500 points per pull. Also TAMADRA Retreat is back tomorrow.

Jagernaut

I'm almost at 198 stamina and will finally try the Tamadra Village coin dungeon soon. Is 1 run of 99 stamina Tamadra Village better than 2 runs of 50 stamina Tamadra Retreat?

raiot

Village: 4 rounds of Babys normal Tama may Invade, 33% chance of a normal tama at last round
Worst: 4 Babys, 1 Odin Tama -> 25 Stam for a baby

Retreat: 3 rounds of Babys, normal and devil tamas may invade, 33% chance of a normal tama
Worst: 4 Devil tamas
Average: 1 Devil, 3 Babys -> 16 Stam for a baby

I know, i neglected chances for a normal tama and this is not a very profund analysis but I would say Retreat is the better deal.

Bladelaw

I just started this yesterday as I finally got fed up with Marvel Puzzle Quest.

I played normally and used my 5 stones to roll and picked up a Guivre Chimera. I'm assuming at 5* and a cost of more than I can use at once means it's pretty good? I also pulled a 4* Berserker Z.

I'm poking through the guides now but is there anything absolutely critical I need to know?

ZeroAKA

I just started this yesterday as I finally got fed up with Marvel Puzzle Quest.

I played normally and used my 5 stones to roll and picked up a Guivre Chimera. I'm assuming at 5* and a cost of more than I can use at once means it's pretty good? I also pulled a 4* Berserker Z.

I'm poking through the guides now but is there anything absolutely critical I need to know?
Guivre Chimera and Berserker Z aren't good at all. The 4chan guide is helpful for beginners and will give you a better idea of what to aim for on your first roll.

Bladelaw

Alright looks like I'll be re-rolling for a bit. I played around to get a feel for the game and I think I could get into it. Thanks for the info on the chimera. It looks real nice though.

Maid

Banned
Although I'd suggest wait until the next godfest, considering one passed just now it will be a long time, so at least try to roll a decent 5 stars. I think I got Parvati when I started playing and was happy with her. She's not amazing but was enough for me to pass a lot of content.

Bladelaw

Although I'd suggest wait until the next godfest, considering one passed just now it will be a long time, so at least try to roll a decent 5 stars. I think I got Parvati when I started playing and was happy with her. She's not amazing but was enough for me to pass a lot of content.

I'm patient I can wait for the next Godfest. I'll monitor the thread and hopefully some kind folks here will note that it's up.

I'm patient I can wait for the next Godfest. I'll monitor the thread and hopefully some kind folks here will note that it's up.
You could also progress through the game and try to pick up a few rolls worth of stones before then. Then roll once the GF starts, and if you're happy with what you get, you don't have to reroll.

My Angelit:Devilit ratio is seriously fricked up and I know that as soon as I give up and dump all of the Angelits I'll roll an L.Kali and the ratio will reverse

Edit: Guivre Chimera and Berzerker Z are fine enough stopgaps until the next godfest and buff two off the most common archetypes for starting players.

Godfests typically occur around the 15th and 30th of every month and are really obvious because the rare egg machine will display GODFEST LIVE on it.

linsivvi

Village: 4 rounds of Babys normal Tama may Invade, 33% chance of a normal tama at last round

Retreat: 3 rounds of Babys, normal and devil tamas may invade, 33% chance of a normal tama

I know, i neglected chances for a normal tama and this is not a very profund analysis but I would say Retreat is the better deal.

It certainly looks that way. Every time I run Retreat I averaged over 1 awakening per 50 stamina. I'd say that's pretty good.

Jagernaut

Interesting. One benefit of Tamadra Village is that I could use the GOdin Tamadras to skill up my 2nd GOdin. But the 10 million cost is pretty high.

PDX now saying:
Active (new) - True Ninja Art Fireworks
- Change entire board into fire orbs. Deal 200,000 fire damage to all enemies and drop team HP to 1.

LS (new) - What a Great View!
- 1.2x ATK boost to Physical and Dragon types. Deal up to 5x ATK based on remaining HP. (2.5x when <50% HP, 5x when <20% HP)

Jagernaut

According to puzzledragonx Ultimate Goemon active starts at 20 turns, much better than regular Goemon's 30 turns. With an all physical/dragon team that's 9x atk under 50% hp and 36x atk under 20% hp. Ronias, Yamato Takeru, Hinokagutsuchi, Gigas would be good subs.

Jagernaut

11072012_1034688993226359_2845107783226822592_n.png

*Weapon Carnival*
[Duration]: 3/20 (Fri), 12:00 AM - 3/26 (Thur), 11:59 PM (PDT)

What is the most important skill you need on the battlefield? The ability to change your fighting style according your circumstances! That’s why we brought some skilled weapon experts to Puzzle & Dragons, and that’s exactly these brave warriors can do!

This Carnival features these monsters at 3x rates, and guarantees that they’ll drop at level 30 or higher!

In addition, simultaneous with the start of this Carnival, a number of older monsters have been permanently removed from the Rare Egg Machine and the drop chance for other selected monsters decreased.

Do you have the skills to survive on the battlefield?

&#9733;6
1516 Lively Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
1270 Burning Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
982 Blazing Maiden, Princess Valkyrie
972 Lovely Maiden, Princess Valkyrie

&#9733;5
1881 Twin Blade Brave, Shotel (NEW!)
1882 Double Edge-Blade Brave, Claymore (NEW!)
1883 Nameless Blade Brave, Masamune (NEW!)
1884 Curved Blade Brave, Kopis (NEW!)
1885 Massive Blade Brave, Zweihander (NEW!)

&#9733;5
1757 Purple Grimoire, Goetia
1755 Yellow Grimoire, Ars Nova
1704 Drifting Wizard, Wee Jas
1130 Avalon Drake

&#9733;4
488 Chrono Turtle
486 Gamble Mage

-----
The following monsters have been removed from the Rare Egg Machine:

&#9733;6
515 Princess Valkyrie

&#9733;5
318 Wood Mech Warrior, Asgard
317 Water Mech Warrior, Midgard
316 Flame Mech Warrior, Jotunn
226 Great Valkyrie

&#9733;4
225 Valkyrie
83 Earth Guardian
81 Ice Guardian
79 Flame Guardian

&#9733;3
82 Earth Golem
80 Ice Golem
78 Flame Golem

-----
Drop probabilities for the following monsters have also decreased:

&#9733;3
300 Piedra
297 Fairlio
294 Toytops
291 Shardra
288 Drall

I don't care about the Weapons, but would like fire and dark Valks, and Avalon Drake.

Also, golems have been banished from the REM. They should have removed the toy dragons too since they are farmable.

Top Bottom