• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Heh nice, that sounds good - i will give it a try later with GZL later.

btw. Wondy = Wonder Woman right ? Were you able to use her delay ?
Yeah that's Wonder Woman, and in retrospect I probably should have used that upon entering the final floor but I didn't really think about it.

EDIT: Aaaaaaand I went 2/10 on skill-ups for Valkyrie with those Drops. Skill-up rates in this game are so horrible. >:|

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Wow Valk Mythical is easy xD Thanks for the heads up Spike.
I remember it being way thougher with U&Y when I first tried it and died on Legend.

OHKO'd her as well and got the stone. Guess this is the first Mythical that I could try to farm for jewels in the future.

I never had a jewel invade... Does it always happen on the first floor? And is the Jewel drop guaranteed?

Maid

Banned
Wow Valk Mythical is easy xD Thanks for the heads up Spike.
I remember it being way thougher with U&Y when I first tried it and died on Legend.

OHKO'd her as well and got the stone. Guess this is the first Mythical that I could try to farm for jewels in the future.

I never had a jewel invade... Does it always happen on the first floor? And is the Jewel drop guaranteed?

Random floor, and if it does appear, it's 100% drop rate. The problem is the invade rate is too low.

cw_sasuke

Random floor? Eh not really a fan of that though but good to know - Thanks.

Suddenly Ult evolving my Valkyre doesn't seem like a crazy fever dream anymore. Need Ult evo Valk for my Athena team so that I can drop Verche.

Maid

Banned
Random floor? Eh not really a fan of that though but good to know - Thanks.

Suddenly Ult evolving my Valkyre doesn't seem like a crazy fever dream anymore. Need Ult evo Valk for my Athena team so that I can drop Verche.

To tell the truth, Valk can't really replace Verche, especially in those no RCV dungeons. If only Light Valk also has 2 TPA then that would be another story.

cw_sasuke

To tell the truth, Valk can't really replace Verche, especially in those no RCV dungeons. If only Light Valk also has 2 TPA then that would be another story.

My problem with Verche is that he isnt max skilled while my Valk is thanks to Poring Tower. At 9 turns he is more or less useless and i havent found an effective way to skill him up yet.

Thats what i hate right now about my Athena team...getting right amount of orbs in the first rounds is a problem. Running with Athena/ Meimei/Avalon Drake/Verche/GZL/Athena ... but none of them are skilled so its not as much fun as it should be. The Meimei+Verche combo or Drake at the end of a longer dungeon is nice though.

Should i rather focus on skilling up Verche instead of switching him out for Great Valk ?

In my opinion, Ult Valkyrie is better than Verche in almost every way, as long as it isn't a no RCV dungeon. The exception being if your board changer is Meimei, then you need Verche for your final burst.

Edit: To answer your question, you should work on both of them. Replace Avalon Drake or with Valkyrie (or lead wih her for no dupes) and you have an excellent coin dungeon farm team, or with Lilith for a Seaway team (assuming you have the necessary skill ups). They are both staple subs for Athena.

Maid

Banned
My problem with Verche is that he isnt max skilled while my Valk is thanks to Poring Tower. At 9 turns he is more or less useless and i havent found an effective way to skill him up yet.

Thats what i hate right now about my Athena team...getting right amount of orbs in the first rounds is a problem. Running with Athena/ Meimei/Avalon Drake/Verche/GZL/Athena ... but none of them are skilled so its not as much fun as it should be. The Meimei+Verche combo or Drake at the end of a longer dungeon is nice though.

Should i rather focus on skilling up Verche instead of switching him out for Great Valk ?

I would say you need both options, seeing there are more and more no RCV dungeons and you can't really use Valk alone anymore. Verche is there just in case Valk being useless, not for Meimei combo, since it could screw up your TPA combo.

In usual case, having a Great Valk is better than Verche I guess.

cw_sasuke

In my opinion, Ult Valkyrie is better than Verche in almost every way, as long as it isn't a no RCV dungeon. The exception being if your board changer is Meimei, then you need Verche for your final burst.

Sounds about right, thanks.

I will have to work with both anyway depending on the Dungeon but at this point i think Ult Evolving Valkyre will happen sooner than max skilling Verche.

Guess this is another situation where i am supposed to buy a Coin dungeon to skill him up ?

I would say you need both options, seeing there are more and more no RCV dungeons and you can't really use Valk alone anymore. Verche is there just in case Valk being useless, not for Meimei combo, since it could screw up your TPA combo.

Yeah will definitely keep working on both - once both are "finished" they will both be very useful for the team.

Edit:

Edit: To answer your question, you should work on both of them. Replace Avalon Drake or with Valkyrie (or lead wih her for no dupes) and you have an excellent coin dungeon farm team, or with Lilith for a Seaway team (assuming you have the necessary skill ups). They are both staple subs for Athena.

Hmm i didnt want to drop Drake since i already invested a bit in him butt hen again so far i didnt really needed his active because Meimei+Verche was enough. If i drop him for Valkyre should go down a bit smoother...think you are right. I might bring Drake back if i can skill him up a bit in the future.

Hmm Drake doesnt even have TPAs so i dont even lose that much damage if i switch him out yet, while getting access to more frequent light orbs. Taking a HP hit sucks...but i am supposed to kill them before they can attack anyway with Athena.

Yeah I use him as more of a safety net I guess. With the 5 turn CD I can use him early and still have him up in case Meimei doesn't give me enough light orbs.
Hmm i didnt want to drop Drake since i already invested a bit in him butt hen again so far i didnt really needed his active because Meimei+Verche was enough. If i drop him for Valkyre should go down a bit smoother...think you are right. I might bring Drake back if i can skill him up a bit in the future.

Hmm Drake doesnt even have TPAs so i dont even lose that much damage if i switch him out yet, while getting access to more frequent light orbs. Taking a HP hit sucks...but i am supposed to kill them before they can attack anyway with Athena.
Yeah don't get me wrong, Drake is a great sub for Athena. The his biggest issues are RCV, a long CD, and the typical risk of board change orb troll. But as a second burst option, he's a solid choice.

For example, no dupe coin dungeons often have a sub boss that requires a burst. So with Athena/Valk leaders, you can use Avalon for the sub boss and still have Meimei/Verche for the last stage.

I have one myself, but I haven't invested in him yet. I generally use DQXQ>Valk as it solves all the problems with drake I listed above.

Jagernaut

8 runs of Tamadra Retreat yesterday :

23 Tamadra babies - 11/23 for awakenings
3 Tamadra
6 chibidra

Today I cleared Grimoire Legend with this team. The first time I messed up and proceeded to Michael while still skill bound so I couldn't use Darkseid. I got the drop, will try Mythical later.

yZvMMCc.jpg

zoku88

My current Athena team is

Athena Valk DXDQ GZL Att Ama

I should probably evolve my White Knight at some point...

At least I have plenty of RCU, I guess...

cw_sasuke

My current Athena team is

Athena Valk DXDQ GZL Att Ama

I should probably evolve my White Knight at some point...

At least I have plenty of RCU, I guess...

So far i only have used Athena/Valky Friend leader...but i should give Amaterasu a go, should be nice with the constant healing.

Yeah I use him as more of a safety net I guess. With the 5 turn CD I can use him early and still have him up in case Meimei doesn't give me enough light orbs.

Yeah don't get me wrong, Drake is a great sub for Athena. The his biggest issues are RCV, a long CD, and the typical risk of board change orb troll. But as a second burst option, he's a solid choice.

For example, no dupe coin dungeons often have a sub boss that requires a burst. So with Athena/Valk leaders, you can use Avalon for the sub boss and still have Meimei/Verche for the last stage.

I have one myself, but I haven't invested in him yet. I generally use DQXQ>Valk as it solves all the problems with drake I listed above.

I just took out Drake for Valk and the build plays so much better now, perfect for the normal dungeons im running/farming on the weekend.

I dont have Da Qiao & Xiao Qiao - but she seems like a nice subs. For Athena i am working on LMeta and Angelion as subs depending on the stage.

Quantum

I don't know if this is common knowledge but poison works if a mobs immunity drops - even if you poison while the mob has immunity.

for example:

I brought poison for Wood Dominion Michael in Grimoires (of course not realizing he was immune) and of course it didn't work or show the little poison symbol but 4 turns later the little symbol came back and he was poisoned.

I have to run it again, but I found it odd.

also - only the red has appeared for me so far.

Jagernaut

I don't think it's common knowledge because most bosses/mini bosses have a 999 turn status immunity so you rarely see it expire. Michael's is only for 4 turns.

J0dy77

I don't know if this is common knowledge but poison works if a mobs immunity drops - even if you poison while the mob has immunity.

for example:

I brought poison for Wood Dominion Michael in Grimoires (of course not realizing he was immune) and of course it didn't work or show the little poison symbol but 4 turns later the little symbol came back and he was poisoned.

I have to run it again, but I found it odd.

also - only the red has appeared for me so far.

Great tip. Never knew that. Makes bringing lilith over darkseid make a bit more sense for mythical.

I wiped in mythical earlier after matching two orbs to stall and proceeding to watch a 13 combo sky fall occur screwed me. Had 6 turns left of skill block and wiped on Michael.

Just started. Rank 25 and looking to do the present swap if any one is willing.

Oven is my username and 324,566,326.

I didn't reroll and am currently trying to evolve a Present Egg Into a Snowglobe Dragon - Light.

Mitsuki is my best monster so far.

Thanks!

smbu2000

I've been pulling on the DB collab. REM whenever I pick up stones and I got another Gold out of it. Goku! Now I have Vegeta, Trunks and Goku. I'd like to try and turn him into Vegeto (to use as a sub), but I'm not sure how easy it will be to pick up that Vegeta drop.

I cleared both the DB1 and DB2 collab. dungeons on Kai with my LKali team. I'd like to try more, but right now I'm using all of my stamina farming the normal dungeons for plus eggs. (thank you 3x drop rate!)
They do give a nice amount of exp. though. Over 40k exp. for 50 stamina. I may try the DB2 one a bit more.

Doing okay with skill ups as well. On my iPhone went 2/6 skilling up my Ronia. Only one more level needed. Going much more smoothly compared to skilling up the Ronia on my iPad.
Max skilled Ra and Haku on my iPad. Solar Lazer at 7 turns is very nice! He's much easier to skill up now that you can use Mystic Masks. Now I need to skill up the second one I got recently.
Haku is also a nice boost for my Ronia/DMeta teams. I'm currently giving her all of my plus eggs.

Tobe

Just started. Rank 25 and looking to do the present swap if any one is willing.

Oven is my username and 324,566,326.

I didn't reroll and am currently trying to evolve a Present Egg Into a Snowglobe Dragon - Light.

Mitsuki is my best monster so far.

Thanks!

im guessing you planning on iap?

J0dy77

Second clear went much better on grimoire. I planned on running darkseid but forgot to switch out hades. It probably worked out better this way.

Just have to wait out the skill bind on round 5.

wvZW2SQ.jpg

jiggle

Just not having much luck with verdandi on grimoire legend
Couldn't stall on undine at all

Switched over to ronia, whom I thought would have a harder time in here, and 1 shot it easily

Got what I wanted, green grimoire for verdandi
So I don't have to do this again lol

Edit: killed it with ronia on alt. Definitely easier

No. It's fun enough. I know I'll never have the best stuff.

You never know though.
It's less about having the best (which you will roll... eventually) and more about having something to carry you through the midgame.

Try saving up your stones for the godfest next week and see what you roll from it. Might want to reroll if you don't get anything by then.

It's less about having the best (which you will roll... eventually) and more about having something to carry you through the midgame.

Try saving up your stones for the godfest next week and see what you roll from it. Might want to reroll if you don't get anything by then.

What would I be looking for from Godfest. Just any god?

What would I be looking for from Godfest. Just any god?
There are lists in the OP. Generally speaking you're looking for monsters with ATK burst (typically 3~5x ATK when certain conditions are met) or ones with good mixed multipliers (2x or more to two different stats). The current metagame favors monsters with a mix of survivability and burst.

jay23

So I just noticed Tiamat has 2 dark row enhance, is he a better devil sub than Hadar who only has 1? Hadar has the better stats overall. Or maybe I should just replace Vamp.

Also patiently waiting for awoken Bastet, should be released any day now...

There are lists in the OP. Generally speaking you're looking for monsters with ATK burst (typically 3~5x ATK when certain conditions are met) or ones with good mixed multipliers (2x or more to two different stats). The current metagame favors monsters with a mix of survivability and burst.

eff gaia is right!

cw_sasuke

So that was my issue with Extreme King Metal Dragon a couple of weeks ago, his preemptive counts as a turn and cancels the defense break
LLShC.gif

Is that the case for all preemptive ?

It happened again this time but i still pulled through with GZL/Drake/Athena combo.
I might give Grimoires Descended a try later - the Green/Red one could be used for Verdandi.

Then again i could try my luck on Challenge Dungeon lvl 6 before it ends....hmm...

hermit7

Anyone have a uevo d meta? I finally rolled one and have her up to level 80 or so fully Awoken. It seems that on my friends list no one has one.

What is the play style like? Most closely to ronia or Pandora?

Wow they really changed up the Challenge Dungeons with the latest round in JP. Took my lazy farming team into Lv4 and got crushed by the insect dragon subbosses. Wasn't expecting that...

Tobe

Anyone have a uevo d meta? I finally rolled one and have her up to level 80 or so fully Awoken. It seems that on my friends list no one has one.

What is the play style like? Most closely to ronia or Pandora?
All about the rows and managing hp. More like pandora tho. Shes all about that burst.

smbu2000

Ah, so close to the S rank on the DB2 collab. dungeon.(50k) Stalling for orbs because I didn't want to use my LKali slowed me down and lowered my combo since I usually only try to get rid of green orbs and hearts. I've been trying the dungeon to pick up a Vegeta for my recently acquired Goku. I've cleared it several times and I haven't seen him once...

That's my current LKali team as well. Still working on giving plus eggs to LKali and levelling up Kotaro.
I subbed out Yomi for Vegeta as he has much better stats (because I boosted him to 297), skill boosts to help my LKali be up already for floor 1. (essential for orb trolls when you die otherwise) He only has 1 time extend and no skill block though and his active skill isn't that useful for this team as he eliminates red orbs. I usually use him before I activate LKali or to finish off an enemy that just survived. (with his 200k dark damage)

Also totally screwed up on True Endless corridor. I took this team in there and had it perfectly set up for Awoken Zeus. LKali -> Kotaro -> Izanagi and....I totally screwed up on my puzzle and didn't activate her 25x (or 36x) ;_;
I guess I got too excited and was celebrating a bit too early.
Maybe I should have used Yomi on my team for CTW...
Oh and the friend I used above wasn't available on my True Endless run. I had to use a friend with 25 plus eggs and barely at skill level 3...Nobody else had LKali up...

Reached rank 300 on my main account as well, Yay!

So that was my issue with Extreme King Metal Dragon a couple of weeks ago, his preemptive counts as a turn and cancels the defense break
LLShC.gif

Is that the case for all preemptive ?
Yeah, pre-emptives do that. If you have a shield/guard up or something they also take that down a turn, I believe.

Yeah that's Wonder Woman, and in retrospect I probably should have used that upon entering the final floor but I didn't really think about it.

EDIT: Aaaaaaand I went 2/10 on skill-ups for Valkyrie with those Drops. Skill-up rates in this game are so horrible. >:|
That sounds about right/average for skill ups, 1 for every 5 you use, unless you have good luck or bad luck.

That's why most people try to get around 30 or so of something when they are trying to skill up somebody. When I was trying to skill up my LMeta, I picked up about 30 or so LChasers, luckily it only took me about 25 or so to max her. My iPad one was very lucky and took less than 20 to do it.

Ugh, died again on challenge 8. Might have to stone for stamina. I think putting in a low level Forestbahn to delay Sandalphon's bind is a bad idea. I really miss Verdandi's board change (and stats) against the twinlits.

Tobe

this has been said a million times, but damn feeding 5 skill up cards and getting no skill ups sucks they should at least guarantee one.

Quantum

this has been said a million times, but damn feeding 5 skill up cards and getting no skill ups sucks they should at least guarantee one.

yup. yup. yup.

pandora is a hell of a mob. (my current frustration)

150+ stamina to get 2 amelits to drop only to know its a 20% chance.

Quantum

2 skill ups left on yamato with 11 red fairies
Think I have enough?

Statistically, yes - if you feed at 2x

realistically - I'd want 15 - always better to have too many.

I didn't bother trying to skill yamato, working on others right now - including an amon from months ago.

mike23

Really psyched. I managed to sneak in a win for Grimoires - Legend with 0 stones on my first try. First descended clear.
Used a friend Urd that was +140ish.
Echida was pointless, should have brought my Mamiya. Got 2 wood demons on 4 which was nice, two waters probably would have been close.

Just waited out Michael's protection and used Shiva.

Barely beat Theurgia though. Urd + Gigas gave me a board with enough damage to do the last 25 - 30%. I was sitting at about 3k health, so it was win or die.

Plus I got the drop I wanted, 33% chance to see boss I want, 40% chance it'll drop, good times.

edit:

Just cleared Thief Descended - Legend as well with the same team, though with a different Urd friend. Echidna delayed Goemon long enough for me to kill him at a leisurely pace. I got lucky in the previous round, she only bound my guys for 1 turn. Plus I got the drop.

Top Bottom