• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

FZZ

Banned
I don't care about the Weapons, but would like fire and dark Valks, and Avalon Drake.

Also, golems have been banished from the REM. They should have removed the toy dragons too since they are farmable.

Yeeeeeeee

Hopefully we get to the point where everything in the REM is not farmable

zoku88

I don't care about the Weapons, but would like fire and dark Valks, and Avalon Drake.

Also, golems have been banished from the REM. They should have removed the toy dragons too since they are farmable.
Thank god. I think I've pulled like 5 or so golems.

So I pulled a Kirin awhile back, but pretty much dismissed her since I've invested so heavily in U&Y. But I was messing around with my padherder an threw a team together, and now I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Kirin, Valk, Verche, LZL, DKali, Kirin

Even better, I can replace Verche with PAD bear for 100% skill bind resist. Should be able to handle a few descends that would give U&Y trouble.

So I pulled a Kirin awhile back, but pretty much dismissed her since I've invested so heavily in U&Y. But I was messing around with my padherder an threw a team together, and now I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Even better, I can replace Verche with PAD bear for 100% skill bind resist. Should be able to handle a few descends that would give U&Y trouble.

Do you lack a L.Kali? I use the exact same team except with L.Kali instead of Dkali.

Quantum

I hate you Mr. Trifruit Dungeon. I just don't need any green fruits. Red - ok, but my Ronia is only chibi.

I understand that you don't want to give me a blue fruit. Six months of feeding my damned sonia - one more skill......one more.....

><

Jagernaut

New Descend. Skilling them up will be hard since you randomly get 1 out of the 3 as the final boss.

11081178_1034711243224134_3385360505263373414_n.png

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo
*Grimoire Descended!*
[Duration]: 3/21 (Sat), 12:00 AM - 3/22 (Sun), 11:59 PM (PDT)

After your first taste of magic offered by the Grimoires, you realize you have only just begun. You seek their dungeons to acquire the true knowledge they provide!

Will you prove yourself worthy of all the secrets they can provide?

*This dungeon comes with two difficulties, Legend and Mythical.
*At the end of the dungeon, one of the Three Grimoires (Red Grimoire, Theurgia, Blue Grimoire, Ars Paulina, and Green Grimoire, Armadel) would randomly appear as a boss.

Featured Boss Monsters:
- 1749 Red Grimoire, Theurgia (NEW!)
- 1751 Blue Grimoire, Ars Paulina (NEW!)
- 1753 Green Grimoire, Armadel (NEW!)

*If the Max Stamina does not fulfill the requirement to enter the dungeon, the dungeon will not appear in the Dungeon menu.

Maid

Banned
I've been waiting for this descend.

Are healer girls still there?

tr4656

Finally. Tired of rolling those.

Sounds good. LMeta would also work out.

No Ceres friends were up so I tried to Bastet my way through challenge level 6. Apparently, Lone Force Jyaki is a myth? I killed the light demon on the first turn so I figured I had time to stall on the dark demon. Nope, Chop Off immediately to kill me even though it was alone. That was a quick waste of 60 stamina...

Maid

Banned
No Ceres friends were up so I tried to Bastet my way through challenge level 6. Apparently, Lone Force Jyaki is a myth? I killed the light demon on the first turn so I figured I had time to stall on the dark demon. Nope, Chop Off immediately to kill me even though it was alone. That was a quick waste of 60 stamina...

I'm quite sure Lone Force only comes after they do the Chop Off or that -99% HP from the light demon.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I always thought it was more a myth than fact that the dungeons will drop always evo materials you already have in your box. But the last 3-4 weeks Friday dungeons kinda confirmed it for me. There was a time when i didnt get any Dub-topalit because my box didnt have any and was filled with Dub-amelit - which kept dropping.

Now i am sitting at like 20-25 Dub-topalit because the RNG thinks i dont need them and keeps dropping them lol.

I rolled twice in the Gala.

1. Mystic Light Knight - trash star egg
2. Avalon Drake - not a red/dark Valk but still very good

Rolling outside a Godfest...wow this is what i call freedom xD

cw_sasuke

Weapon carnival is 3x drop rate, worth a few pulls if you really want something out of it.

Hmm...interesting - there is nothing for me there though, i would only make a Godfest exception if Hanzo was at 3x.

Tobe

have done that same mistake a couples of times, never trust jyaki

Kinda embarrassing thing to lose to since I've seen them many times before in regular descends. But I guess I never noticed since I usually have hearts to heal myself up above 11k to take the hit. Whoops.

cw_sasuke

Hey guys can I get some opinions on what I shouldfocus on levelling on my non IAP account? I am currently using Isis and am up to T6. However rainbow can be difficult in certain situations with such low life totals. Any thoughts?

https://www.padherder.com/user/Pixfix/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,268435455,0,,0,0,0,eq,0,0,0,0;default,0
You have the units for a kick ass GZL team.

Zhuge Liang, Marine Rider, Avalon Drake, Highlander/CuChu

Just add a farmable Mystic Knight/ADK and you are good to go. But I am biased because I also use GZL but he is a very strong leader and of you get Kushi or Susano later you can take on man descended stages as well.

Getting the masks needed to Ult evo Marine Rider might be a problem if you can't clear Wednesday Dungeon yet.

zoku88

I have yet to even attempt mythical Wednesday and Tuesday dungeons.

I still have two blue masks and one green mask, even after uevo umi yama sasuke and astaroth.

cw_sasuke

Yeah thanks to PAL Machine I also was able to Ult evo 2 U&Y without clearing the Wednesday Dungeon... But I needed it for Marine Rider, glad that I could evolve him a couple of weeks ago.

How did you guys do level 7?

I think I'm gonna try with my Beelzebub team. Lu bu, vamp, Haku, DL Batman as subs. Not gonna be super easy, but it should be doable. My biggest concern is only having three turns to kill the gold keeper. I can't pop Lu Bu because of the preemptive on the next floor.

Edit: OK new plan. Replace vamp with CDD and Beelz with Baddie and use Lu Bu to Lead. That way I can burst every floor, assuming I can stall long enough in between.

zoku88

Yeah thanks to PAL Machine I also was able to Ult evo 2 U&Y without clearing the Wednesday Dungeon... But I needed it for Marine Rider, glad that I could evolve him a couple of weeks ago.
I just now realized that I confused marine rider for sasuke. I don't even have a sasuke...

In my defense, I just got him in the last fest. I haven't even used him yet. No awakenings. Probably won't use him until awoken pavarti comes out and I say bye bye to chu chu.

tr4656

How did you guys do level 7?

I think I'm gonna try with my Beelzebub team. Lu bu, vamp, Haku, DL Batman as subs. Not gonna be super easy, but it should be doable. My biggest concern is only having three turns to kill the gold keeper. I can't pop Lu Bu because of the preemptive on the next floor.

Edit: OK new plan. Replace vamp with CDD and Beelz with Baddie and use Lu Bu to Lead. That way I can burst every floor, assuming I can stall long enough in between.

I just used Kirin/LMeta/Echidna/Valk/Ra.

yami4ct

With a day left, I've gotten 25 Red Sprites. Nice. Should be able to get the 5 more I want to hit my 30 minimum tomorrow, especially during the 2x event. Didn't even have to stone to get them all. Then, the tedious leveling up and evolving begins.
Still need to finish my last 14 Light Chasers from that event, so this could take awhile.

i have one lets trade.

Alright. Looks like we're friends already, so I'll go ahead and send mine.

NineH

I always thought it was more a myth than fact that the dungeons will drop always evo materials you already have in your box. But the last 3-4 weeks Friday dungeons kinda confirmed it for me.

I am having the same experience as you and it sucks. When the light chasers were going on, topalits to evolve them dropped very rarely and now that I don't need them, they are making it rain topalits. Now, I need some amelits for Pandora skillups and while they were abundant back then, now they refuse to drop in large numbers.

J0dy77

Did really well with tamadra retreat yesterday. Let stamina cap and had four total runs. 5 full tamadra and only only 2 chibi. The rest were baby.

Fat metal kings at a decent hour this month tonight. Debating if I should skip it again. I don't really need to level anything and have my valks evolved.

jiggle

Took my verdandi team out for its first descend in grimoire

Just ripped through everything
Kinda shocked how powerful this team was

Hit a bump on Raphael though
Orb trolled while all my actives were still locked :(

cw_sasuke

Welcome to the new age.

Nice...congrats !!

I am having the same experience as you and it sucks. When the light chasers were going on, topalits to evolve them dropped very rarely and now that I don't need them, they are making it rain topalits. Now, I need some amelits for Pandora skillups and while they were abundant back then, now they refuse to drop in large numbers.

Yeah - the game isnt really trying to hide the fact that the RNG will drop more evo materials you already own.

Took my verdandi team out for its first descend in grimoire

Just ripped through everything
Kinda shocked how powerful this team was

Hit a bump on Raphael though
Orb trolled while all my actives were still locked :(

What does your Verdandi team look like ? I only have Verdandi friend in my list.

Edit:

Man now i wanna pull Skuld in addition to Verdandi - just realized what i already have the perfect subs for her 4 UmiYamas, Sun Quan, Muse, Karin, Ruka etc.

If i could get her i would run Skuld/U&Y/U&Y/Sun Quan,Muse, Skuld ....this sounds like fun.

Finally cleared The Goddess Descended this morning, and got the drop!

GZL
Ignis CuChu
Thumbelina
Wondy
Kushinada
GZL

Went into the final round with only 306 health left, and had a panic attack when my opening combo didn't blow her away. But she just threw up her status wall so my second combo took care of that remaining sliver of health.

Now I can get rid of these Drops I've been carrying since Poring. :)

cw_sasuke

Grats, i also need to try that one on Mythical - the Legend version was one of my first cleared Desc if not my first but i never bother with Mythical because i got the drop on Legend xD

Maybe i will give it a try with GZL as well....did you use Kushi on stage 1 or did you take out the Devils without the 16x multi ?

am_dragon

Did really well with tamadra retreat yesterday. Let stamina cap and had four total runs. 5 full tamadra and only only 2 chibi. The rest were baby.

Fat metal kings at a decent hour this month tonight. Debating if I should skip it again. I don't really need to level anything and have my valks evolved.

I had the opposite experience started with 100 stam, spent 3 stones so 11 runs, 0 Tamadra 10 chibi. I fed all but 2 babies because the chance is better the hunting mats. I averaged 6 awakenings per stone spent so I'm good with that. My Awoken Ceres is now fully Awoken. I haven't run that dungeon for months because the timing is always bad for my group.

Grats, i also need to try that one on Mythical - the Legend version was one of my first cleared Desc if not my first but i never bother with Mythical because i got the drop on Legend xD

Maybe i will give it a try with GZL as well....did you use Kushi on stage 1 or did you take out the Devils without the 16x multi ?
Actually made it all the way to the final stage without using her active. First floor opening combo killed 3/5 of the devils, and the remaining's attack dropped me below the threshold for leader skill to activate. I used one GZL active on the 4th floor because one of the spawns was the Hellfire Demon, but the rest I skated through on 2xGZL's leader skill alone. Final floor, I used Thumb/CuChu/GZL actives and the resulting combo dropped her to like 5% health.

Maid

Banned
Well, I got fed up with Grimoire descend after 2 fails, and just bring my old Beelzebub/Ronia team. Managed to clear it even though it took a little longer than other descend. Just need to grind until they reach 30% HP.

Maybe I'll try with rainbow Kirin the next time.

cw_sasuke

Actually made it all the way to the final stage without using her active. First floor opening combo killed 3/5 of the devils, and the remaining's attack dropped me below the threshold for leader skill to activate. I used one GZL active on the 4th floor because one of the spawns was the Hellfire Demon, but the rest I skated through on 2xGZL's leader skill alone. Final floor, I used Thumb/CuChu/GZL actives and the resulting combo dropped her to like 5% health.

Heh nice, that sounds good - i will give it a try later with GZL later.

btw. Wondy = Wonder Woman right ? Were you able to use her delay ?

Top Bottom