• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

hermit7

First time i beat the Challenge dungeon Lvl 5 - it actually was quite easy just switched Yomi for Shiva and Py enemies got steamrolled. Thats probably all i can do for now, will try Level 6 the next time the Challenges come around.

Level six is doable with a uy team. No rcv makes it essentially certain that you will always have a solvable board,

Jagernaut

I ran Forbidden Tower-4 28 times today and got 21 plus eggs, enough to make Ronia my first hyper max card. I'm close to 800 days and never hunted plus eggs until Ruins of the Star Vault started. I also spread them around multiple monsters. I'm not sure who my next plus egg target should be. The top contenders are DTron, Umisachi&Yamasachi, Krishna, Haku, and D/W Batman.

Ppd1zEy.jpg

hermit7

I ran Forbidden Tower-4 28 times today and got 21 plus eggs, enough to make Ronia my first hyper max card. I'm close to 800 days and never hunted plus eggs until Ruins of the Star Vault started. I also spread them around multiple monsters. I'm not sure who my next plus egg target should be. The top contenders are DTron, Umisachi&Yamasachi, Krishna, Haku, and D/W Batman.

Haku? Ideal team member for a bunch of other cards allows for flexibility.

J0dy77

I vote D.Tron or Haku. I'm planning on feeding my 220 echidna to her at some point but I need to max skill a second Echidna first. Haku is just very universal and a great sub for a lot of teams (Pandora, Ronia and even D.Tron).

tr4656

Is there any possibility to have a DB collab outside JP?
Yes but GungHo doesn't seem to want to do it.

Haku for the flexibility.

Jagernaut

Most votes are for Haku, makes sense as she is a great sub for multiple teams. I'll probably egg her and DTron. If I had L Kali or Pandora I would egg them first.

Quantum

I noticed on padx there is no mention of 2x for Dark Faerie - Expert

this almost always happens on the last day correct?

I just threw a couple stones at the dungeon and ran it 29 times - only 1 Cattleya dropped.

very disheartening.

NineH

I noticed on padx there is no mention of 2x for Dark Faerie - Expert

this almost always happens on the last day correct?

I just threw a couple stones at the dungeon and ran it 29 times - only 1 Cattleya dropped.

very disheartening.

I hear you on that, I ran it 25 times and only 2 of them dropped. I wonder why they didn't put the 40 stamina level there when the red fairy dungeon has it. I guess they want us to spend coins for the coin dungeon for the dark fairy but it's not in the current coin dungeon rotation.

razterik

Has the 40 stamina dungeon appeared outside the coin dungeon list before? This might be something that requires a client update that we don't have yet.

Quantum

Has the 40 stamina dungeon appeared outside the coin dungeon list before? This might be something that requires a client update that we don't have yet.

the red sprite dungeon is currently running right now and it has a master level - so not sure.

I hear you on that, I ran it 25 times and only 2 of them dropped. I wonder why they didn't put the 40 stamina level there when the red fairy dungeon has it. I guess they want us to spend coins for the coin dungeon for the dark fairy but it's not in the current coin dungeon rotation.

I'm not sure why the drop rate is set so low - its not like its an auto skill up - my poor pandora has been trying to skill-up for months.

I think my Pandora is something like 2/22. Don't think I can max her this time around without stoning multiple times or getting lucky.

My Genbu went 3/7 after starting 1/24 so I guess it's possible lol.

saichi

what's the good for the free jewel dungeon if the one you want never invades? I tried 12 times now and Haku never invaded once... ><

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
atlantaguy,

Seaway worked out fine with GZL just like you said. I had to orb on my first try because i screwed up a combo on stage 6 but wanted to see the end anyway.

For my 2nd run i took out Verche because he is low level and i couldnt hit the 24k HP needed to at least take 2 mob hits... brought in Kushi instead. Which results in 2 hits + her active if i screw up. Memeis active at stage 7 alone is enough to take care of the bosses.

Athena/Kushi/Meimei/GZL/GZL/Athena

PS: No Blue Pirate drop in those 2 games while i got 3 green pirate drops..seems like the blue one is the rare one in this dungeon.

Kinda awesome that i can clear the stage now and working on skilling up two of my main units. I was spending the last weeks skilling up Lilith for Seaway stage 6 and now i dont even need her ( well at least not for Seaway).

Level six is doable with a uy team. No rcv makes it essentially certain that you will always have a solvable board,

Hmm....i might give it a go before it ends then. Even if i fail i know at least what i can expect from this kind of dungeon the next time.

If you are using him, nothing is supposed to survive eheh :)

hehe also true.

what's the good for the free jewel dungeon if the one you want never invades? I tried 12 times now and Haku never invaded once... ><

Thats what i dont bother anymore with restarts and just get whatever shows up first and be done with it.

Finally ultimate awoken evo'd my Valk!
Woohoo!

Congrats - i think if i get the Green/Yellow Jewels i will spend them on Valk as well.

NineH

I think my Pandora is something like 2/22. Don't think I can max her this time around without stoning multiple times or getting lucky.

My Genbu went 3/7 after starting 1/24 so I guess it's possible lol.

I got my Pandora in the last PCGF so this is my first time running this dungeon for skillups. At the rate the dark fairies are dropping, I'd be lucky to get five before the dungeon ends. It would feel bad for me to stone to get more skillups since I'd rather use stones for box space, friends or even rolls.

raiot

I got my Pandora in the last PCGF so this is my first time running this dungeon for skillups. At the rate the dark fairies are dropping, I'd be lucky to get five before the dungeon ends. It would feel bad for me to stone to get more skillups since I'd rather use stones for box space, friends or even rolls.

Don't delude yourself in thinking you can skill up a hero or chinese god without spending stones...
You need around 30 fairys for a max skilled pandora. If you are lucky...
But the investment is well worth it!

NineH

Don't delude yourself in thinking you can skill up a hero or chinese god without spending stones...
You need around 30 fairys for a max skilled pandora. If you are lucky...
But the investment is well worth it!

Man, I am at 3 dark fairies so far so it looks like that max skilling her will be a very long term goal. I don't even have the parts for a pandora team like hanzo but I just want to try and skill her up in the off chance I manage to get lucky and get the rest of her team.

raiot

If you got something better to do and do not plan to use her right away, just don't try too hard skilling her. The fairy dungeon will come back as a coin dungeon! Maybe you have a use for her then and more stamina for farming.

smbu2000

Well since I had (in not a very smart move) used all 5 of my Red Orbs to try and skill up my Leilan (only picked up 1 level), I had 0 left over to uevo my LKali.
Luckily this Dragon Challenge came out and I could pick up a Red Orb by clearing Diagoldos (not sure about the spelling of this) on my mythical. I had never played the dungeon before, but after a few tries I managed to clear it with my LKali team(with the help of an uevo LKali friend, picking up 30x attack with 6 combos is nice!)

Picked up some more KoG with my Vegeta team and now:
Very nice looking uevo artwork! Now I'll be able to get a 36x attack with 6 combos, looking forward to that. An excellent boost from the previous 25x max attack. I just need to get more plus eggs for her.

I also cleared the Dragonball collab. 1 dungeon for the first time on my iPad with my Ronia/LuBu team. Pandora has been a very helpful addition being able to create hearts as well as dark orbs. Hopefully her survey dungeon comes out in the coin dungeon again so I can try and skill her up (my iPhone one as well.)

@cw_sasuke:
Congrats on clearing Seaway! You just have to keep farming it, eventually the drops you need will fall and you'll have a chance to skill up your characters. Just save them in your box until the skill up bonus times are there.

I just finished max skilling my Kushi last week and I'm still working on my U&Y(s) and Rodin(s). During the weekend drop bonus time you usually get something on every floor too which is nice for levelling up fire, water and wood characters.

Even if you don't have the specific character they are for it's also useful to skill up the low level character. On my iPhone I don't have Chiyome, but I still max skilled a Red Pirate and he was very useful (only 2 stars) for when I wanted to S rank a survey dungeon.

How easy is to to play the JP version?

I really want some DB monsters :p

If you play the english version in tandem its easy, the game is the same, same position for menus and what not. Only issue you would really have is the time difference for events and any non/misinformation there is for new monsters. Other than that its completely playable/enjoyable.

But anyone have a green odin or something useful to go against the Rainbow Keeper? Struggling to take this bastard down.

linsivvi

How easy is to to play the JP version?

I really want some DB monsters :p

Shouldn't be any problem at all since you are already playing the English version.

As long as you are not using a rooted Android phone, that is.

I tried starting a JP account on my Note 2 to roll for Juggler and gave up after a few hours. It's just too hard to bypass the root check even with all the tricks people have come up with.

Hige

If anyone is serious about starting the JP version, I'm looking to give away my JP account. It has Goku, AA Luci, AA Michael, Vishnu, Sarasvati, Sun Wukong, ~50 Tamadras, 8 Piis, and a bunch of collab REM stuff (mainly silvers). I just log in to collect stones and all the Piis they give away, so I want to get rid of the account and not feel obligated to log in lol. I just want it to go to a good home!

razterik

Not recommended, haha. Forgot both the high defense floors pop preemptive status shields that null Kagutsuchi's defense break. Had to use Freyr on first floor to crack which meant I struggled to down Gold Keeper after a bad Ronia board. Had enough pings for the final floor. Only got through this because lots of +297s.

Challenge 6 doesn't get a screen shot, but it was simple enough with Ceres/Odin/Michael/Genbu/Green Sonia/Ceres. Needed two bursts for the blues at the end.

Challenge 6 doesn't get a screen shot, but it was simple enough with Ceres/Odin/Michael/Genbu/Green Sonia/Ceres. Needed two bursts for the blues at the end.
Was thinking about using Ceres on challenge 6. Would a green row + a couple extra combos clear floor 1? I don't have as many autoheals as you do so I can't afford to take too many unresisted hits.

razterik

That's probably not enough for the red ninja since it's half damage and Ceres teams aren't stacked with row awakenings. Need about 1.6 million. Don't forget Ceres has both autoheal and active heal for emergencies. If you're worried, you can take a heart maker like Parvati or Angelion at the expense of burst damage. What subs were you thinking of using?

Good news: I made it farther on Gaea Descended than I ever have today
Bad news: I still died because time extends have made me a kitten in terms of puzzling hard

That's probably not enough for the red ninja since it's half damage and Ceres teams aren't stacked with row awakenings. Need about 1.6 million. Don't forget Ceres has both autoheal and active heal for emergencies. If you're worried, you can take a heart maker like Parvati or Angelion at the expense of burst damage. What subs were you thinking of using?
Avalon Drake
Sasuke
GZL or Marine Rider (better stats vs another orb change + extra row enhance)
Bastet or Verdandi (Verdandi gives me another burst but I haven't managed to skill her yet)

Or maybe I can cobble together a GZL team for it instead. But I'd have to be creative to work around that lousy HP.

razterik

Drake/Sasuke/GZL/Verdandi seems pretty solid if you have all the important awakenings. Verdandi might troll with only a few green orbs, but I think it's doable.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten her skilled up yet so still a 6 turn wait for the active after the 8 skill boosts. That first floor looks like the toughest obstacle since I can stall somewhat on all the other floors. I'll give it a shot later in the week after I finish fail my Pandora skillups.

Quantum

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten her skilled up yet so still a 6 turn wait for the active after the 8 skill boosts. That first floor looks like the toughest obstacle since I can stall somewhat on all the other floors. I'll give it a shot later in the week after I finish fail my Pandora skillups.

I spent most of my stamina today doing some of my last challenge dungeons to grind a few stones to finish up my pand/hanzo/hanzo/haku/haku/pan team.

I am getting pretty close to finishing it - I know its not that great until you + it to death, but its pretty fun almost always having an active up.

I also dropped a snowglobe into beelzebub and got a 1.5 "great" = max level uvo beelz
- wow. I see why people love this lead.
- what are some of the better set ups? I was messing around with beelz/haku/hanzo/lubu/loki/beelz for I think 65k hp o.0

razterik

Pair Beelzebub with Ronia for a much more stable team. 4x HP with no RCV boost isn't very useful and 2x HP is usually enough for anything that is reasonable to tank. As great as Lu Bu is on this team, he can be a liability with his HP reduction with such a large HP pool.

Quantum

Pair Beelzebub with Ronia for a much more stable team. 4x HP with no RCV boost isn't very useful and 2x HP is usually enough for anything that is reasonable to tank. As great as Lu Bu is on this team, he can be a liability with his HP reduction with such a large HP pool.

I've been looking up different teams - and you are right on point.

I was dueling beelz leaders just to speed farm lower level dungeons, I could see where ronia or lu bu would be a much better match for lead - the dmg bonus on lubu still makes for a great spike knowing its kill or be killed.

I have a decent number of devils so I should be able to come up with a few good teams, I'd like to put together a good seaway farm team - my ronia needs skill ups.

am going to attempt beelz/haku/haku/hanzo/lilith/lubu - seems decent.

hmm, still sun into the rcv issue - decisions decisions.

saichi

finally got dark jewel after 15 tries... all elements ready for Awoken Minerva... just need to evolve Hera-Ur and Zeus Vulcan... will have to say goodbye to my Ame as leader :(

Having a hell of a time trying to figure out what the other Descended fodder will be for Bastet. Medjed is a shoo-in, but I can't pin down the other one.

Top Bottom