• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

JP version is back up.

Does anyone have a Kirin I can use for Challenge 6? I dobut my Durga team is going to cut it against Diagordos.

Edit:nvm, found one on my list.

smbu2000

Thank you for the update Gung Ho, I've played the DB2 dungeon like 30 times or so and I hadn't seen Vegeta. First try after the update (3x appearance rate) and he shows up!

I was able to make my Vegeto. After the update he has monster stats! At level 99: HP 4310, ATK 2005, RCV 203, wow! His awakenings increased as well, adding an extra skill boost and time extend. (skills changed, too)

IMG_4600vegeto_zpsixixtsx5.jpg

Been playing the DB2 dungeon so much, got this the other day.

Also cleared Challenge Dungeon 8 with my LKali party. Thank you for the badpy!

Some more good luck from the REM on my iPad with another gold. Uub!
His active skill also changed, the boost is now 2x attack for 2 turns instead of 1.5x for attackers and dragons.

Hera-Is cleared on Mythical and Legend !!

My Hera Collection is growing - i will give Hera-Ur Mythical a shot tomorrow with U&Y and hope i reach the final floor and dont get orb trolled.

Amazing Gold collection - Vegeta, Goku and now Gotenks seeing this make me kinda happy that DB is JPN exclusive because i dont know how far i would be willing to go to get my hands on all cards -.-

How is playing with Ult Evo L.Kali ? I dont have her but she would be one of the leaders i would give a try even though i have U&Y - the same cant be said for Kirin or Durga where i dont really see the benefit. How easy is pulling off the 36x multi ?
Congrats on the Hera clears. It's great being able to clear them. I still need to clear Sowilo on Mythical, I got the drop on legend a looooooong time ago and I haven't played it since then.

I'd imagine it's a lot like playing U&Y, just matching different colors. U&Y also needs TPA attacks for more damage like LKali. I used to play quite a bit with a Horus team, so that got me used to going for colors although the style was a bit different.

It's not too difficult to get 36x if you plan your route out. Even if you just try for the minimum of the 4 colors there is still a good chance you'll make another combo or get a skyfall. It really is a nice bonus when you do get it. Even without a TPA included 36x does a lot of damage. (when there are only 3 light orbs and I don't want to use a skill)

LKali's skill is a great safety net for when you are orb trolled or the boss puts out jammers or poison orbs as you are guaranteed at least 3 of each color. I used Kotaro to get rid of wood orbs and create more light ones for attacks when I need a spike. (Izanagi for even more)

Quantum

I just found a weird orb set up and reaction from the game - its hard to explain and it doesn't really change anything, but it doesn't make sense.

text formatting completely undermines what I wanted to show. hmm.

if I were to explain it - the game is recognizing 6 orbs as connected when they aren't connected - but it requires a seventh orb. it occurs when there are two sets of three in an "L" shape that are not connected with a same color orb where the two lines would normally intersect.

I guess its not so confusing, but - it seems odd.

setup http://pad.dawnglare.com/?patt=LLLLLLLDDDLLLLLDDLLLLLDLLLLLDL

when this occurs on a turn, just concentrating on the dark orbs - the six outer orbs are removed at the exact same time (not a multiple combo, counted in damage as six connected orbs)

- I guess this makes sense, but aren't there 7 connected orbs? why remove 6 and leave the middle orb, count them as connected but not removing the whole chain or count each of the matches removed as separate?

razterik

Yeah, that's been a thing for forever. It doesn't generally have an impact on gameplay, so I guess they just left it?

Starry View: 34 runs, 48 plus eggs. Shit. Started off with five no plus runs, so should've known.

smbu2000

Just got the 450 day bonus on my iPad and decided to pull on the DB REM again and...

Cell! Wow, that's the third gold in a row on my iPad!(over the course of several days) His perfect form just came out, looking forward to evolving him. At least he doesn't require anything other than a devilit.

I gave him all of my woodpys as well to max skill him. 100x ATK wood damage and wood/dark orb enhance. His leader skill is 3.5x attack for devil/dragon characters (when evolved.)

I now have iPhone: Vegeta, Trunks and Goku (now Vegeto)
iPad: Gotenks, Uub and Cell

I'm only missing Gohan between my two accounts.

Are the rotating skillups expected to change again soon? Need to know if I should start collecting fruits and lits for the next rotation.
The skill ups for the JP version just changed after this last update. I can't imagine the update overseas would take that much longer to do.

J0dy77

Just got the 450 day bonus on my iPad and decided to pull on the DB REM again and...

Cell! Wow, that's the third gold in a row on my iPad!(over the course of several days) His perfect form just came out, looking forward to evolving him. At least he doesn't require anything other than a devilit.

I gave him all of my woodpys as well to max skill him. 100x ATK wood damage and wood/dark orb enhance. His leader skill is 3.5x attack for devil/dragon characters (when evolved.)

I now have iPhone: Vegeta, Trunks and Goku (now Vegeto)
iPad: Gotenks, Uub and Cell

I'm only missing Gohan between my two accounts.

The skill ups for the JP version just changed after this last update. I can't imagine the update overseas would take that much longer to do.

If i have Goku already is it really worth pulling the Dragon Ball rem? How are the silver eggs?

What subs are you using? I'm still struggling a bit with it.
I ran Ame / Minerva / Gigas / Ronia / Kagu with either a Shiva or Ame friend. Ronia is actually dead weight on this team, Kagu and Minerva combo enough to let you destroy the final floor. The other floors are easy enough where a 5cd orb changer deals with any orb screw you may encounter. Stall on the Tama.

My shit isn't evolved fully on my NA account yet and I don't have any of the rare REM subs, but I have a Chiyome. We'll see how my runs differ once I get everything prepared.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So i tried Cave of Dreaming - Mythical for the first time today....cleared it and it was way easier than expected. Might be the easiest of the Daily ones i have cleared.

2015-03-26-15-35-17nuu70.png

I wasnt planning to give it a shot today but Heracles Desc just looked to difficult to me and Dragon Flower farming without 2x drop isnt as effectiv - lets give it a go.

Wanted to take a Athena team first, but the mixed of Green/Light units and Valky not being a God kinda kept me away from it. So i went with Verdandi - glad the only Verdandi friend in my list was "online".

Well thats all - FL 1-3 steamrolled, FL2 couple rounds stalling on Tama, Floor 4, all actives ready finished and cleared.

Guess i can start farming Fruits for Ronias Ult. now. Only Friday Dungeon left to clear - but with the Events starting tomorrow i might wait a bit, maybe i get lucky on the Evo Mat PEM.

in my experience they drop less then half the time outside 2x, I would not waste the stamina.

The RBG tier 3 (Fire Forest, Sea Cave, Sacred MT.) dungeons during the bonus maybe better, at least better exp per stamina and 6 floors for a appearance/drop vs only 1 floor compared to Thursday dungeon.

Okay thanks, i will skip it for now and give it another shot when we get 2x again - just not worth the time right now.

Congrats on the Hera clears. It's great being able to clear them. I still need to clear Sowilo on Mythical, I got the drop on legend a looooooong time ago and I haven't played it since then.

I'd imagine it's a lot like playing U&Y, just matching different colors. U&Y also needs TPA attacks for more damage like LKali. I used to play quite a bit with a Horus team, so that got me used to going for colors although the style was a bit different.

It's not too difficult to get 36x if you plan your route out. Even if you just try for the minimum of the 4 colors there is still a good chance you'll make another combo or get a skyfall. It really is a nice bonus when you do get it. Even without a TPA included 36x does a lot of damage. (when there are only 3 light orbs and I don't want to use a skill)

LKali's skill is a great safety net for when you are orb trolled or the boss puts out jammers or poison orbs as you are guaranteed at least 3 of each color. I used Kotaro to get rid of wood orbs and create more light ones for attacks when I need a spike. (Izanagi for even more)

Hehe that sounds really nice - 36x is just nuts. I`ll be honest i still have trouble getting to implement TPAs in my combos also because its often just safer to go for the regular combo. For bosses and such i will only go for TPA if its easy or i know that i will get killed after this turn. The difference between TPA and non TPA combos is very high though - really just need to improve my combining skills.

Sounds great, thanks. Got to run the daily mythicals today and tomorrow. Hopefully, they'll change before 2.5x is over. Congrats on the DBZ gold eggs.

Didn't realize how absurdly free Thursday dungeon was with Amenouzume. What have I been doing all this time avoiding farming it lol
She was my starting roll and I put her up each Thursday for PAL points but I still haven't gotten the requisite skilled orb changers and skill boosts to try it with her. Maybe I can finally skill up Homura this event.

cw_sasuke

One more Cave of Dreaming - Mythical attempt - this time with Athena because no Verdandi friend was up. Cleared again and it was even easier.

2015-03-26-17-04-33qurmo.png

Floor 1-2 easy TPA, Floor 3 kill and stall for Drake, Floor 4 - Drake, GZL.Athena --> OHKO.

Got another red Fruit, only one more left to Ult. Evo Ronia.

Seeing how this dungeon went, i think i can take on Friday Dungeon as well - i might not even need Ronia and Co. Athena and co. have enough power to OHKO the bosses when you can stall your skill on the Baby Tamadra.

zoku88

I got her in the last God fest but haven't really been using her much.

I just ultimated her earlier this week. All of my fire subs are kinda mid level though, since I mostly concentrated on umiyama and GZL.

cw_sasuke

I got her in the last God fest but haven't really been using her much.

I just ultimated her earlier this week. All of my fire subs are kinda mid level though, since I mostly concentrated on umiyama and GZL.
Are you talking about Amenouzume or Verdandi ?

If Verdandi, she fits perfect into that spot between GZL and UY - when you want higher HP without sacrificing much damage power when not meeting specific conditions. If you run GZL/UY you probably have some good sub for her.

You should give her a try in the future.

J0dy77

One more Cave of Dreaming - Mythical attempt - this time with Athena because no Verdandi friend was up. Cleared again and it was even easier.

Floor 1-2 easy TPA, Floor 3 kill and stall for Drake, Floor 4 - Drake, GZL.Athena --> OHKO.

Got another red Fruit, only one more left to Ult. Evo Ronia.

Seeing how this dungeon went, i think i can take on Friday Dungeon as well - i might not even need Ronia and Co. Athena and co. have enough power to OHKO the bosses when you can stall your skill on the Baby Tamadra.

I haven't run this dungeon in ages but decided to play around with the Yamato team and nothing better to do with stamina. Extremely easy for him. Now I have to hope I get enough red worms tomorrow to evolve and skill him up during 2.5x.

razterik

Balanced is better for most green teams. None of her fusion friends have attacker type, so I'm not sure why anyone thought she would be.

in my experience they drop less then half the time outside 2x, I would not waste the stamina.

The RBG tier 3 (Fire Forest, Sea Cave, Sacred MT.) dungeons during the bonus maybe better, at least better exp per stamina and 6 floors for a appearance/drop vs only 1 floor compared to Thursday dungeon.

Thanks for this reminder. Have had much better success farming plants this way today. It's funny how you can forget easy stuff like this when you're always focused on running the tough dungeons.

zoku88

Are you talking about Amenouzume or Verdandi ?

If Verdandi, she fits perfect into that spot between GZL and UY - when you want higher HP without sacrificing much damage power when not meeting specific conditions. If you run GZL/UY you probably have some good sub for her.

You should give her a try in the future.

I meant amenouzume. Didn't see there was something after Little Green Yoda's haha

Quantum

I have one more skill level on my blonia -

today, 5 runs of normal stamina, 5 blue fruit drops.

(this with almost 20 green and red in storage)

RNG will be RNG.

now - will it finish blonia,,,,

yami4ct

Since the 2.5x skill-up event was going I decided to throw my two Lightning Chasers I had ready into my L.Tron instead of waiting for a full set. Got a skill up. Up to level 4 now. Might actually pull off a full skill on her now. Was getting nastily close to not making it.

Also decided to throw a set of pixies onto Yamato and got 2 skill ups. What horrible blood demon did I summon by accident and what will he demand from me in return?
Based on stupid circumstantial evidence, 2.5 skill up is legit.

Went 2/3 to finish skilling my Pandora. Used my remaining four fairies on my dupe and went 0/4. :|

Then picked up a red jewel from the special PAL to complete my jewel collection so I ult evo'd Beelzebub. :)

Maid

Banned
Pretty good if you have the necessary subs for him, since we will meet a lot of orb problem for Yamato team, so orb changers are needed.

razterik

This.

As a lead, he's a step below Pandora and Andromeda. Lower burst and less survivability, respectively. But he blows things up quite well and faster than most with the skill boosts. Sadly, I have no red Chester to complete his team.

But for me, he's mostly an orb changing and heart making Rodin sub replacement. I don't usually need the row enhancements and I have plenty of ways to handle armor.

For the future, he's a prime sub on ultimate Goemon, the new red Godfest exclusive Gadius, and I expect Awoken Shiva will make good use of him as well.

NineH

did a 10 pull on the evo carnival and got 8 gold eggs. 6 divine masks, a dragon fruit and an angelit. This seems very meh and I think I'd rather pull on the regular PEM since I have a chance to get rare-ish skill up mobs there.

Quantum

on the fifth feed - was very afraid It wasn't going to happen - I have better leaders now, but since after 737 days (350 iap) I still haven't gotten a true ronia, blonia has been a bit of an obsession.

6zdIs7c.png

Jagernaut

I had saved 9 red fairies for Yamato and went 2 out of 3 to max skill. Sweet.

Awoken Horus is now the best enhance fire orb sub for Ronia and any other fire team. 2 skill boosts, 2 skill bind resist and extend time plus he can enhance fire orbs every 4 turns when max skilled. His rcv is back but his atk was reduced (2 prong will help make up for it).

As a lead Horus could use a full team of god Valks and use a heartbreak every turn to get 30.25x atk for 4 colors and 36x atk for 5 colors.

Ducarmel

Still it does not address the problems spike teams have, orb troll and lack of passive hp/atk/rcv boost.

Bastet probably still be used but I don't see Horus/Ra making a comeback as leaders.

edit: read the cards wrong I thought his active skill changed.

I'm pretty happy with the Egyptian reveal. I'm not a huge fan of Bastet's active for use as a sub, but with a low CD and the additional move time, it at least has decent synergy with her LS. Also, her sub pool is back to being flexible.

Best of all, I think, is that they gave the Egyptian pantheon its own unique gimmick. I'm curious how (or if) they'll fit Anubis into this. Maybe 4/7/10x damage, but combo requirement reduced by 1 if skill is used?

Maid

Banned
I'm pretty happy with the Egyptian reveal. I'm not a huge fan of Bastet's active for use as a sub, but with a low CD and the additional move time, it at least has decent synergy with her LS. Also, her sub pool is back to being flexible.

Best of all, I think, is that they gave the Egyptian pantheon its own unique gimmick. I'm curious how (or if) they'll fit Anubis into this. Maybe 4/7/10x damage, but combo requirement reduced by 1 if skill is used?

The potential of Ra x10 excites me.

Also I hope senpai will notice me when that REM comes.

Jagernaut

Wait, Horus's 1.5x atk for gods is multiplied and not added to his normal attack? So instead of 30.25x for 4 colors and 36x for 5 colors it's actually 36x for 4 colors and 45.56x for 5 colors? Is that right?

Wait, Horus's 1.5x atk for gods is multiplied and not added to his normal attack? So instead of 30.25x for 4 colors and 36x for 5 colors it's actually 36x for 4 colors and 45.56x for 5 colors? Is that right?
That's what it seems. If that's the case, he is really strong. His active alone ensures the 1.5x boost is available half the time.

cw_sasuke

Wohoo...first try Friday Mythical - cleared it. Thats it, all weekday dungeons cleared.

I wasnt going to try it but after getting just crap from the Evo PAL machine i just said screw it and get the Angelit you need yourself ( well it didnt drop but nvm lol).

2015-03-27-14-06-04i1s2e.png

I think i got lucky on the first round because i killed all 3x Mythlits in one strike and had 3 of the regular ones to stall the 2 turns on i needed because my Lilith isnt max skilled. Had to use GZL on floor 3 because i screwed up with the TPAs, then stalled on Tamadras for all skill and through bindings until the team was ready.

2015-03-27-14-20-1604sjb.png

Might give it another shot later and try to get Angelit. Hope i have luck again and dont get orb trolled/bind on the first floor.

Funny that i started working on Ronia/LuBu etc. because i wanted to clear Thursday and Friday Dungeons - in the end i didnt need or use them. Thank god that they can be used for enough other dungeons as well - especially once i level them up.

Top Bottom