• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Quantum

Took me like 15 feeds to get my last skillup on CDK. 2.5x skillup my ass

Complaining here definitely helps (RNG joke)

- finished Blonia Skill up (yesterday)
- finished Pandora Skill up (team just needs second Haku skilled now)
- Three more Amon skill ups (one left!)

- even though no enhanced rates - fed noel red to kagu - great! - maxed level
- Fed new noel green to odin - great! - max leveled

- was a good day until I took a ronia/lubu team into the wrong dungeon and blew 70 stam, only to take the wrong team again (my kog farm team) into the wrong dungeon and blew 60 stam.

so todays complaints are completely focused on my stupidity.

- back to bloodborne.

J0dy77

ywaGhQe.jpg

Challenges 1-7 all done with Beelzebub/Ronia. Now to figure out if I can do 8 or 9 with a resist type team. Anyone who's cleared it, what did you use?

jiggle

So jealous of jpn's +egg drop rates
I was just wasting stamina in Dragon's footprint today and so far racked up +22
Thats like almost +150 in less than a month without trying

We need that in NA

J0dy77

What was your strategy on 7? I can field a similar team, and I wonder if I can handle it.

Its all about round 1. You have to be able to burst the keeper down after his dark absorb wears off. Gives you about three turns. My lu bu doesn't have enough levels so I went with persephone /beelzebub combo after saving a bunch of dark/light/hearts. I actually one shot him after some lucky 10 combo sky fall with a lot of dark. I wiped one run prior with him at about 5%.

The masks and isis can be tanked an healed. I used ronia by herself on the blue mask after over attacking green.

Toth and Soph you can just lubu ronia combo. You get two free rounds to heal back up on Ra who is basically free.

I may have been hasty in saying the Evo Carnival PAL machine was for suckers... yesterday when I said that, I had pulled twice and gotten a demon mask and a dublit for my troubles so I gave up.

This morning I did the Level 02 Challenge dungeon and got the 2000 PAL points reward, so I decided against my better judgement to give the machine another roll. Five pulls later, I had a Jewel of Fire, a Jewel of Darkness, a Red Dragon Fruit, a Keeper of Dark, and another demon mask.

So, not a bad result.

Now to figure out if I can do 8 or 9 with a resist type team. Anyone who's cleared it, what did you use?
Ceres and Hades should be able to do them. I need to power level my Ceres team this week - I wasn't able to burst down Sandalphon quickly enough last time I tried it. Hades team on 9 will need some way to poison the fat metal (Rodin, Neptune).

jiggle

I may have been hasty in saying the Evo Carnival PAL machine was for suckers... yesterday when I said that, I had pulled twice and gotten a demon mask and a dublit for my troubles so I gave up.

This morning I did the Level 02 Challenge dungeon and got the 2000 PAL points reward, so I decided against my better judgement to give the machine another roll. Five pulls later, I had a Jewel of Fire, a Jewel of Darkness, a Red Dragon Fruit, a Keeper of Dark, and another demon mask.

So, not a bad result.
Lucky!
Got two jewels on my alt too but nothing decent on main
Gotta live RNG ...

J0dy77

Ceres and Hades should be able to do them. I need to power level my Ceres team this week - I wasn't able to burst down Sandalphon quickly enough last time I tried it. Hades team on 9 will need some way to poison the fat metal (Rodin, Neptune).

I was able to do challenge 9 up until the fat man. I don't have enough to crack his d before he kills me. Not sure how to get past that.

Uthred

Ended up with a third devilit (I know now I'll never see an angelit drop), trying to decide between Awoken Zeus Stratios or Divine Queen Hera. I think I wanted Zeus for Twinlits but I generally use Haku for it now so I dont see much use for him as a leader (unless Im overlooking something obvious). As a sub AZS has a chunk more health and attack but negative recovery. Their awokens seem to be a wash. AZS would be much more awkaward to skill up though. Torn on this as devilits are still a fairly rare resource for me at the moment (cant reliably clear twinlits). Any thoughts on AZS vs DQH? Anything I've overlooked?

tr4656

So jealous of jpn's +egg drop rates
I was just wasting stamina in Dragon's footprint today and so far racked up +22
Thats like almost +150 in less than a month without trying

We need that in NA

Yeah, it's really annoying. That's why JP gets all of the +297s while NA doesn't.

razterik

I'm fairly confident 3x normals will come to NA eventually, just like consistent 5x tech did. It's still new even in JP, so be prepared to wait a while, maybe like 6 months.

But it is glorious. Used natural stamina to farm 140 eggs running tier 5/6 this week. Fed them to Minerva, which gave enough kick to my JP Tomato team to clear Challenge 8. Beelzebub and my finally +297 Ronia got me through 7. Pretty big improvement over squeaking through Challenge 6s a month ago.

Ended up with a third devilit (I know now I'll never see an angelit drop), trying to decide between Awoken Zeus Stratios or Divine Queen Hera. I think I wanted Zeus for Twinlits but I generally use Haku for it now so I dont see much use for him as a leader (unless Im overlooking something obvious). As a sub AZS has a chunk more health and attack but negative recovery. Their awokens seem to be a wash. AZS would be much more awkaward to skill up though. Torn on this as devilits are still a fairly rare resource for me at the moment (cant reliably clear twinlits). Any thoughts on AZS vs DQH? Anything I've overlooked?

Neither Stratios or DQ are worth anything unless you have no other options. Nobody leads with them and they're really only good subs for gravity grind teams. Use Stratios to make Awoken Hades, and use both to make ultimate Zeus&Hera when it comes.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Anyone else getting error code 8 when trying to starting a Dungeon?

Edit;

Oh it's the internal clock messing up the stamina information.

jiggle

Fuck yes!
Satan finally down :D
Didn't dare to even try it with my ronia team
But verdandi/liu bei just bulldozed through it

9LQg1g6.jpg

But it is glorious. Used natural stamina to farm 140 eggs running tier 5/6 this week. Fed them to Minerva, which gave enough kick to my JP Tomato team to clear Challenge 8. Beelzebub and my finally +297 Ronia got me through 7. Pretty big improvement over squeaking through Challenge 6s a month ago.
It's ridiculous really
We don't even have stamina overflow yet let alone this :/

Zombine

Banned
Wouldn't you guys say that it's time that GunHo updates the start screen for the game? I feel as if at this point it misrepresents the quality of the title, and the focus has since moved to gods anyways. When the game loads I'm always shaking my head at how horrible the title screen looks. It's time for an update.

cw_sasuke

Man im very near to dropping the game for good , the skill up process in this game is just nuts... Considering how integral it is to the game I don't think I can justify the time investment.

Did 3 Lord of Hell runs for the guaranteed Lilith drop... Tried skilling up with with 5 units and again 0/5. This happened the last 2 times as well during the Poring Tower event, it feels like the game is actively preventing me to get this basic skill leveled up.

It sucks considering how much time and effort I already invested into PaD.... But if I stop now I can still cut my losses someway before going insane.

J0dy77

Man im very near to dropping the game for good , the skill up process in this game is just nuts... Considering how integral it is to the game I don't think I can justify the time investment.

Did 3 Lord of Hell runs for the guaranteed Lilith drop... Tried skilling up with with 5 units and again 0/5. This happened the last 2 times as well during the Poring Tower event, it feels like the game is actively preventing me to get this basic skill leveled up.

It sucks considering how much time and effort I already invested into PaD.... But if I stop now I can still cut my losses someway before going insane.

It Is definitely the worst part of the game. The investment is needed because of how critical it is. But when you do finally complete the process it feels great. I still remember that final echidna skill up. Did a fist pump after a luck run.

Same pain going on with Yamato right now but one more skillup and three chances after I get the evo mats. Will feel great and be worth it if it happens.

Quantum

it is one of the things that keeps people playing though.

psychologically it weeds out certain players and the people who continue to play are stuck in a modified skinner box -one designed to get you to spend money. There is an interesting article out there about how this design encourages whale type spending.

it works - therefore they will continue the behavior.

point of fact - increasing the skill-up rate makes people want to skill up their cards faster, and to a certain subset of players will spend more to obtain both skill-up mobs, and mats needed to evo the other mats.

the game is not designed to make you happy - it is designed only to make money.

it is ingenious in the sense that you never "win" the game. sure you can be non-IAP - you can get through the basic levels and quit - likely those basic levels are more a a weeding device to both separate out people who wont pay and will focus on those of us who have a certain type of addicting attitude towards MMORPG type play styles.

one of the reason to delay the updates coming to the USA has to do with the psychological effects of addiction - each small change allows players to feel the game is "fresh" once again. if you are a heavy IAP player right now think of how much better the game gets when the stamina refresh comes?

this game made over a billion dollars last year - don't fool yourself into believing that it has the players best interest in mind. Don't fool yourself into thinking that the "translation" is too hard for gungho designers. The game is not gaining traction in the US like it has in Japan so it is not updated or supported at the level it is in JPN. The changes to the game in JPN have to do with increasing or perhaps just keeping the revenue flowing.

I say this knowing I'm addicted to the game and I enjoy it - and while I haven't IAP'd since the chibis - I know I will again - certainly wishing the game was on parity with the JPN version - understanding that it never will be.

cw_sasuke

I understand that the game is designed to make money and i can see why they are "Limiting" your skill up success. Hell i dropped 5x Sacred Masks on Drake yesterday and got 0 skill ups. Pissed me off, but i said okay dude is a higher tier unit so skilling up will take some time anyway.

But for Basic skills like Poison ? Thats just crazy that my last 15-20 Lilith skill up attempts yielded me not a single skill up, the funny thing is i dont even need her max skilled just a single skill up for now would be enough for her to help me out - its like the game realized it and just put a stop on me skilling up Lilith.

Whats really sad is that i wouldnt even be that mad about it if this was just a regular higher skill up chance event - but this is supposed to be the best skill up opportunity the NA version has...and these are the results ? Even if i continue i just cant take this game serious anymore, which kinda pisses me off since i really like PaD.

Cant fault them for making money and going after whales... but other than the skill ups i really thought the game was kinda balanced.

Be glad you didn't go 0/20+ with skillup fodder that need to be evolved. Or from invade only mobs. 50 stamina per skillup attempt still sucks though.

Only advice I can give is to keep your expectations low when it comes to skillups and to practice patience unless you're willing to drop stones.

Uthred

Neither Stratios or DQ are worth anything unless you have no other options. Nobody leads with them and they're really only good subs for gravity grind teams. Use Stratios to make Awoken Hades, and use both to make ultimate Zeus&Hera when it comes.

Yeah I was thinking about using them purely as subs, I suppose I could use the three devilits on Shiva and Gryps rider instead, but I have equally little use for them. Might just hold onto them. Actually looking at Padherder I'll need them for Lucifer and Satan if I ever get them levelled up (and Pandora if I ever get a Hazno ;))

cw_sasuke

Be glad you didn't go 0/20+ with skillup fodder that need to be evolved. Or from invade only mobs. 50 stamina per skillup attempt still sucks though.

Only advice I can give is to keep your expectations low when it comes to skillups and to practice patience unless you're willing to drop stones.
I will expect nothing from now on... So in that case it's good that they burned me now, as I shouldnt be taken this too serious... It's a F2P mobile game after all. No need to get too involved.

Let's see if I can at least a Verche skill up.

Quantum

I will expect nothing from now on... So in that case it's good that they burned me now, as I shouldnt be taken this too serious... It's a F2P mobile game after all. No need to get too involved.

Let's see if I can at least a Verche skill up.

also - 8 weeks from the 3ds version - which hopefully is almost as fun/time devouring

cw_sasuke

also - 8 weeks from the 3ds version - which hopefully is almost as fun/time devouring
Yeah I'll be definitely getting this one as well... Hope it is as addicting Hehe.

Do the 3DS games have any kind of network or online implementation? I doubt it, but haven't really looked into it.

jay23

Went to mess around with my l.Kali team and look what invaded in my first run on the first floor.

zx5Mca8.jpg

Glad I finally have uevo Athena..now to see if I can make a decent team with her.

Of course that Lilith didn't give me the final skill up I needed lol

smbu2000

Managed to pull another Vegeta fro the REM on my iPhone before the collab. ended. It's going to be tough skilling him up as well, but I'm happy to have him on board. Need to start gathering badpys for him.

Did pretty well with plus eggs during this past event on my LKali, got her up to 280. Was hoping to finish her while alternating running normal dungeons and the DB2 collab. but not enough HP plus eggs came out. She's currently at HP 82, ATK 99, RCV 99. I also started on my next character Vegeto. I've given him about 50 plus eggs so far, only ATK and RCV ones as I couldn't give anymore to LKali.

Managed to get Vegeto's skill level up two levels to level 3 with the Vegeto chocolate that dropped in the last few days. Need 3 more for max. I was going to keep giving the flampys I get to Kenshiro, but I think I'll finish off Vegeto first. 100k damage (ignoring defense) along with a 1 turn delay at 9 turns (max skilled) is just too good.

Did alright on the Haku on my iPad as well. Got her up to 264. Hopefully I can finish her off. I'm thinking about trying to 297 my Cell after that. He has pretty good stats, very nice awakenings, Devil/Dragon type, good active skill (100x wood attack, along with wood/dark orb enhance at 9 turns) and he has a good leader skill with 3.5x attack for Devils and Dragons.

Skilling up is tedious, but once you get it done, it's feels great. It took me forever to max the Echidna on my iPhone. The one on my iPad went very easily though. It just comes down to luck.

Just be glad that now they have pys for guaranteed skill ups. Before there was nothing to guarantee a skill up. They are difficult to obtain, but great to use.

Went like 1/25 in jp skillups too, despair

At least the one skill up was for d.Kali, soon I won't have to worry about it anymore
I really need to skill up my DKali. I finished my Friday team a few weeks ago, but I've been focusing on coin dungeon skill ups (Cao Cao, Krishna, CDD). And the next couple weeks is Haku, so i probably can't afford to do it then either. A couple more skill ups and Kali will be up turn one for my U&Y team, which will be a huge help one those make-or-break first floor Descends.

tr4656

I really need to skill up my DKali. I finished my Friday team a few weeks ago, but I've been focusing on coin dungeon skill ups (Cao Cao, Krishna, CDD). And the next couple weeks is Haku, so i probably can't afford to do it then either. A couple more skill ups and Kali will be up turn one for my U&Y team, which will be a huge help one those make-or-break first floor Descends.

Maybe it would be better to go for a couple of DKali skill ups first. You don't have to finish her.

MicH

I lost my two year-old account when I switched phones last year and don't have my secret ID. I have everything else (old ID, receipts for magic stone purchases etc). How much of a chance do I have of getting my account restored, in your guys' experience? :(

razterik

You probably have a good chance of getting it back if you have purchase receipts and the ID. They might ask some specific questions about your rank/box/cards. Definitely couldn't hurt to try. I think people have gotten theirs restored with less.

MicH

You probably have a good chance of getting it back if you have purchase receipts and the ID. They might ask some specific questions about your rank/box/cards. Definitely couldn't hurt to try. I think people have gotten theirs restored with less.
Oh, that sounds good. On their data restoration page they stated that if you didn't have your secret ID you were SOL. I'm gonna try and cross my fingers :) Thanks!

razterik

My experience is a little dated, prior to the secret code, but that policy sounds a little strict. I can't imagine them only adhering to that, especially for paying customers.

quin

Oh, that sounds good. On their data restoration page they stated that if you didn't have your secret ID you were SOL. I'm gonna try and cross my fingers :) Thanks!

I'm not sure it's the same for the U.S. version, but for JP you don't need codes, receipts or anything else. You only need your account name, number, level and google play/istore account(from which you downloaded it from).

From the title screen you have the option to restore an account. It took me a whole 5 minutes to do. This was after I dropped my phone and had to get a new one without being able to back it up or get a secret code.

Jagernaut

2 day Godfest announcement.

10842260_1039036842791574_6212320344443508416_o.jpg

10473067_1039036889458236_3792514996983019435_o.jpg

Puzzle & Dragons (North America) - GungHo added 2 new photos.
16 mins ·
*Godfest Announcement*
[Duration]: 3/31 (Tues), 12:00 AM - 4/1 (Wed), 11:59 PM (PDT)

As the seasons change, so too does the Godfest! Not only are the Series 2 Angels descending for the FIRST TIME, both series of Egyptian series are also being featured, divided across two days! All monsters pulled from the Rare Egg Machine will also be guaranteed +Egg status!

For best results, be sure to note which featured series appears on which day!

For Day 1 of this Godfest, Metatron is available at standard 1x Rates. For Day 2, Odin is available at standard 1x Rates. All other Godfest exclusive Gods are available at 3x Rates.

*The Green Angel, Ruel is not featured in the Gala, and therefore will not appear at Level 30.

- Angels Series 2 -
1826 Red Angel, Rozuel (NEW)
1828 Blue Angel, Famiel (NEW)
1830 Green Angel, Ruel (NEW)
1832 Holy Angel, Ariel (NEW)
1834 Dark Angel, Lumiel (NEW)

Following monsters would be at Standard 1x Rate

1827 Red-Winged Star Angel, Rozuel (NEW)
1829 Blue-Winged Star Angel, Famiel (NEW)
1831 Green-Winged Angel, Ruel (NEW)
1833 Holy-Winged Star Angel, Ariel (NEW)
1835 Dark-Winged Star Angel, Lumiel (NEW)

DAY 1 : 3/31 (Tues), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)
- Egyptian Series 1 -
490 Horus
492 Isis
494 Bastet
496 Ra
498 Anubis

491 Flame Deity, Falcon Horus
493 Water Deity, Holy Isis
495 Love Deity, Feline Bastet
497 Sun Deity Ra
499 Hell Deity, Jackal Anubis

DAY 2 : 4/1 (Wed), 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM (PDT)
- Egyptian Series 2-
1659 Set
1661 Nut
1663 Osiris
1665 Hathor
1667 Nephthys

1660 Burning God, Set
1662 Goddess of the Starry Sky, Nut
1664 God of Dark Riches, Osiris
1666 Sacred Life Goddess, Hathor
1668 Goddess of the Dead, Nephthys

- Special -
362 Odin (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
364 Odin, the War Deity (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
1107 Phantom God Odin (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 2)
640 Archangel Metatron (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
642 Dark Angel Metatron (Standard 1x Rate - DAY 1)
911 Red Dragon Caller, Sonia
913 Jade Dragon Caller, Sonia
1088 Blue Dragon Caller, Sonia
1241 Bearded Deity, Guan Yu
1243 Loyal Deity, Guan Yu
1359 Apocalypse
1372 Sleeping Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1374 Life Dragon, Zhuge Liang
1585 Goddess of Secrets, Kali
1587 Goddess of Power, Kali
1669 The Norn Urd
1671 The Norn Verdandi
1673 The Norn Skuld

I'm not very interested in Angels 2 and already have Bastet and Horus. I will roll once on Day 2 and hope for Ltron, Urd, or Kalis. I only have Set from Egyptian 2 so the others would be ok.

Looks like the godfest is a bit different than padx reported. Egyptian 1 day one, Egyptian 2 day 2, with Angel 2 both days. Beaten.

I'll probably roll once each day. I'd love the green angel or Osiris as Awoken Bastet subs. Horus/Ra/Isis would be alright as well. No real need for most of the Egyptian 2 gods, but I expect they'll get overhauled with their uvos, so I'd be content with one of them. And of course the GF exclusives are always calling my name....

Gonna roll once each day, don't need any of them too bad.

Spent four stones in total to get the last two green orbs for the upcoming Parvati ult. Getting orb trolled during the invade wave in a no-RCV dungeon is the worst feeling ever...

Dunno if they got posted, but full card info for the Egyptian ults got posted. Horus gets double seal resist which makes him really baller all of a sudden
https://twitter.com/DaikeYamamoto/status/582139610781765633/photo/1

Maid

Banned
Ra get double bind resist make him look more reliable than Kirin already. I really hope they give Kirin another uevo since that's one of my most used and favorite leader.

seady

I played the US version for like 2+ years and still have no Egyptian gods at all.

(My Japanese version has most of them)

zoku88

Gonna roll once each day, don't need any of them too bad.

Spent four stones in total to get the last two green orbs for the upcoming Parvati ult. Getting orb trolled during the invade wave in a no-RCV dungeon is the worst feeling ever...

Dunno if they got posted, but full card info for the Egyptian ults got posted. Horus gets double seal resist which makes him really baller all of a sudden

Sigh, I was trying to get green orbs today for that ult as well... No such luck :-/

Well, I figure we're like... 2 or so months behind, right?

jay23

Ra get double bind resist make him look more reliable than Kirin already. I really hope they give Kirin another uevo since that's one of my most used and favorite leader.

I certainly hope kirin gets another uevo. Even tho she's still really good, she has fallen behind most other 25x gods.

seady

I certainly hope kirin gets another uevo. Even tho she's still really good, she has fallen behind most other 25x gods.

All the multi-color monsters are getting either higher/easier multiplier, or getting some form of HP and RCV boost. Kirin is the worst of them all, especially with her extremely crappy awoken skill set.

razterik

Of course the link leads right to Bastet first so I can get mad all over again. Y U DO THIS

I think Awoken Parvati/Lakshmi are still about a month away. Next should be Venus, Vritra, Indra, Pandora, Bodin, Wukong and the starter dragon ultimates.

Good luck with Mitsuki today, finished last two skill ups in seven runs. More stones saved for tomorrow's 5x.

All the multi-color monsters are getting either higher/easier multiplier, or getting some form of HP and RCV boost. Kirin is the worst of them all, especially with her extremely crappy awoken skill set.

In what universe are those awakenings crappy lol

I still don't think Kirin is that bad. Maybe not top dawg anymore, but still easily in the upper echelon. All she needs is a small bump up in her leader skill, don't need to mess with anything else.

Maid

Banned
In what universe are those awakenings crappy lol

I still don't think Kirin is that bad. Maybe not top dawg anymore, but still easily in the upper echelon. All she needs is a small bump up in her leader skill, don't need to mess with anything else.

Kirin is in no way bad, since I cleared most of the content with her. I just want she gets better in defensive side.

[edit]
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/news.asp?nid=275

- LL Ra buffed to 8x from 7x. Now also unbindable.

Holy shit.

Top Bottom