• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

So lucky, got all of grimoires by Ronia team in 05 Legend runs. This Legend dungeon seems pretty easy with Ronia team.

0PkrRdL.png

jay23

Had some stamina and decided to run Grimoires legend before it left. It was pretty easy with my roniaxlu bu team, even got the fire girl to drop.

Maid

Banned
I hope the challenge dungeon come often, so I don't have to experience those painful skill up process anymore.

Was too fed up that I put my last Meimei skill up with the Pii.

razterik

Challenge 10 madness continues. Four stones this time. Spent one on a failed Beelzebub/Ronia attempt. Another clearing Hera Is skill bind during my first Dark Tron try which ended horribly with a completely flubbed row combo against Olympios.

Third attempt started perfectly when Pandora resisted skill bind. Had a good green board after my first turn, so Pandora with two rows brought down Is. Went into Ur with full HP, but her first attack was jammers instead of reds. Byakko gave me plenty of dark to enhance. Stalled a couple turns against Olympios with heart drops before knocking him out with a Hanzo row combo. Very lucky against Athena, she only used her light conversion. Got a couple more turns, then another dark filled Byakko board with Dark Tron for guarantee. Instant death to Dios preemptive, stone. Duked it out a few turns before running out of hearts. Had two turns left on first Byakko, but Pandora was up. Had enough light to heal, but lots of green and dark on the board would put him into a dangerous zone if I didn't go for the kill. Decided to end the floor and move on. Beelzebub full board poison was my final stone. First Dark Tron tanked his attack since he hits over my HP. Blew Beelzebub up with Byakko/Hanzo and second Dark Tron.

Overall a success, but I feel like I'm putting in more stones each time. Not sure if it'll be worth it anymore after another round or two. Not that I've gotten a single pii drop in all my Alt dungeon farming..

Now if only that stupid Tomato would finish his last two levels. Have had only two skill ups all week after ~50 feeds. Dumb jerk.

yami4ct

Ended up with 40 sprites on the dot to skill up Yamato with. That has to cover it, right? Right....the RNG is totally gonna screw me.

Tobe

JP ver. 7.7.3 on Thursday

3/25(wed)20:00 ~ 3/26(Tuesday)06:00

Sound Effect and vision effects for Counterattack

Supporting Android Ver 5.1

Skill change for evo material

there you go.

seady

10 fed to chiyome no skill up WTF i just need 2 skill ups.

I gave up too. She is probably my dumbest monster ever to skill up. Only raised two level in the end.
She isn't that useful anyway so I didn't bother wasting stone. Will wait for next time when the dungeon shows up again to do it. Maybe I will have Yamato by then too.

razterik

Put 7 more into Tomato before 2x ended. Nothing. I ran out of flowers (why isn't there a flower infestation dungeon yet!?). Stocked another fifteen fairies. If he doesn't max after these, I'm going to feed him off to Andromeda or something, dammit.

J0dy77

Put 7 more into Tomato before 2x ended. Nothing. I ran out of flowers (why isn't there a flower infestation dungeon yet!?). Stocked another fifteen fairies. If he doesn't max after these, I'm going to feed him off to Andromeda or something, dammit.

In in the dance boat. 0 for my last 16. I stocked up on about 15 more but I'm giving up after that. Very discouraging.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Another Mythical cleared, i dont think i will use the drop but its nice seeing the Hera collection growing xD

2015-03-23-09-08-451msy4.png

Will have to clear Legend for the clear sometime in the future. With Verdandi there is always some luck involved, this time i got the perfect number of green orbs and they were positioned good, so i didnt even need CuChu. But sometimes when she doesnt give me enough green orbs and i have to use CuChu active as well it becomes a mess of 2 many green orbs and making TPAs is impossible.

Really psyched. I managed to sneak in a win for Grimoires - Legend with 0 stones on my first try. First descended clear.
Used a friend Urd that was +140ish.
Echida was pointless, should have brought my Mamiya. Got 2 wood demons on 4 which was nice, two waters probably would have been close.

Just waited out Michael's protection and used Shiva.

Barely beat Theurgia though. Urd + Gigas gave me a board with enough damage to do the last 25 - 30%. I was sitting at about 3k health, so it was win or die.

Plus I got the drop I wanted, 33% chance to see boss I want, 40% chance it'll drop, good times.

edit:

Just cleared Thief Descended - Legend as well with the same team, though with a different Urd friend. Echidna delayed Goemon long enough for me to kill him at a leisurely pace. I got lucky in the previous round, she only bound my guys for 1 turn. Plus I got the drop.

Nice, congrats on your first Decs clears - mine wasnt too long ago as well and its always nice when you get the Boss drop on your first try - especially when it isnt guaranteed.

Dont think we are friends yet right ? DO you use any leaders besides Urd ? I dont have her, but lead with Athena/GZL and U&Y.

Ah, so close to the S rank on the DB2 collab. dungeon.(50k) Stalling for orbs because I didn't want to use my LKali slowed me down and lowered my combo since I usually only try to get rid of green orbs and hearts. I've been trying the dungeon to pick up a Vegeta for my recently acquired Goku. I've cleared it several times and I haven't seen him once...

You need to post a picture of your DB units collection soon, even though i wont have access to them its nice seeing your progression with Vegeta and Co.

Man, I hope I have better luck than you guys with Takeru skill-ups. Still need a whopping 4 skill-ups but had no Flowers. Only stocked 24 Fairies for him. Hoping 6 feeds average per skill-up is enough. I actually max-skilled 2 Chiyomes in the process and just started feeding Pirates to the Fairies.

Also max-skilled all the ripper Dragons except for Wood and Light. I have 11 feeders left for Wood but fuck if I'm going to try farming RO collab for the Light ripper's rare feeder invade.

cw_sasuke

I think i will give the Friday Dungeon a visit this week since there is no event upcoming. From these 3 potential teams which one will likely work best for me on Friday Mythical ? Levels are a bit on the low side on some units because i just got them evolved.

Ronia
http://abload.de/img/ronia32xyl.jpg

LuBu
http://abload.de/img/lubu4nx6m.jpg

Shiva
http://abload.de/img/shivatjanc.jpg

I have an unevolved max skilled Gigas and King Baddie as sub and could use 2 Tamas to awaken the rest of Shiva if needed. In general the strategy would be stalling on floor 1 for Lilith and Shiva.

I havent really played much with these Fire/Dark units so i dont know if the levels are high enough to take the bosses. Also about bind...will the enemy always go for Odin i the first bind fails or how does it work ?

I think i will give the Friday Dungeon a visit this week since there is no event upcoming. From these 3 potential teams which one will likely work best for me on Friday Mythical ? Levels are a bit on the low side on some units because i just got them evolved.

Ronia
http://abload.de/img/ronia32xyl.jpg

LuBu
http://abload.de/img/lubu4nx6m.jpg

Shiva
http://abload.de/img/shivatjanc.jpg

I have an unevolved max skilled Gigas and King Baddie as sub and could use 2 Tamas to awaken the rest of Shiva if needed. In general the strategy would be stalling on floor 1 for Lilith and Shiva.

I havent really played much with these Fire/Dark units so i dont know if the levels are high enough to take the bosses. Also about bind...will the enemy always go for Odin i the first bind fails or how does it work ?

Personally, I would go with the Shiva team, more ATK, and your second cheap ronia is infinitely better than the Lilith (also get 9x atk on second ronia). Ronia can work, but the issues with that is that you aren't healing except for floor 1 (you shiva floors 2, 3 get auto healed going into four and then 1 (maybe 2) shot the final floor). Since you aren't healing floor one (and ronia is bound floor one) you just lose the extra attack from shiva.

aim for a mythlit start of floor 1, so no matter what you have no more than 2 mythlits on the board. a 1 mythlit floor makes this easy, 2 tougher. Try 2 three red orb matches and 1 three dark orb match and see where that takes you, it may take three 3 red orb matches though.

twinlits is all about not using more than you need and stalling. once you can stall floor 1 you can learn to farm it. EDIT: Mythlits will bind whatever they want, but the bind is not automatic, so you always can end up with a turn with multiple mythlit attacks. once you get down to 1 mythlit it is a lot easier.

Friday dungeon.
None of these teams are ideal, as they are all subject to the first floor stalling issues. Luckily, once Lu Bu gets his ult, you'll have a great "no stall" team, assuming you have your Lilith and Echidna skilled up by then.

For now though, I guess Shiva is the best option.

Jagernaut

Stalling for twinlits is a bad idea unless you have a unbindable monster with a low cooldown bind clear. It's better to build a team with 8 skill boosts, sweep the 1st floor, stall 1 turn on floor 2, and then use a max skilled Lilith or Echidna.

Also, rcv doesn't matter so lead with the strongest atk multiplier (Lu Bu or Shiva). When we get the Lu Bu ultimate he will be unbindable and get an extra skill boost.

ZeroAKA

You have 2 Ronias, right? You might want to work on that second one.

My current team of Ronia/Ronia/Echidna/Lilith/FA Luci/Ronia is at 95% success rate. The only way to fail is if I don't have 5 fire orbs or 5 dark orbs on turn 1, which happens less often than you'd expect.

cw_sasuke

Personally, I would go with the Shiva team, more ATK, and your second cheap ronia is infinitely better than the Lilith (also get 9x atk on second ronia). Ronia can work, but the issues with that is that you aren't healing except for floor 1 (you shiva floors 2, 3 get auto healed going into four and then 1 (maybe 2) shot the final floor). Since you aren't healing floor one (and ronia is bound floor one) you just lose the extra attack from shiva.

aim for a mythlit start of floor 1, so no matter what you have no more than 2 mythlits on the board. a 1 mythlit floor makes this easy, 2 tougher. Try 2 three red orb matches and 1 three dark orb match and see where that takes you, it may take three 3 red orb matches though.

twinlits is all about not using more than you need and stalling. once you can stall floor 1 you can learn to farm it. EDIT: Mythlits will bind whatever they want, but the bind is not automatic, so you always can end up with a turn with multiple mythlit attacks. once you get down to 1 mythlit it is a lot easier.

Cool thanks !!

Seems like Shiva is the way to go and stalling might be trickier than expected...since they Mythlits also hit for +5k if they dont bind. Floor 1 is the make or break floor - without an orb changer i might get trolled there and find myself in a shitty situation very fast.

As an U&Y player i hate getting orb trolled if i can somehow prevent it...hmm. Need to hit the practice stages and see how much damage the team does under the right circumstances.

None of these teams are ideal, as they are all subject to the first floor stalling issues. Luckily, once Lu Bu gets his ult, you'll have a great "no stall" team, assuming you have your Lilith and Echidna skilled up by then.

For now though, I guess Shiva is the best option.
Stalling for twinlits is a bad idea unless you have a unbindable monster with a low cooldown bind clear. It's better to build a team with 8 skill boosts, sweep the 1st floor, stall 1 turn on floor 2, and then use a max skilled Lilith or Echidna.

Also, rcv doesn't matter so lead with the strongest atk multiplier (Lu Bu or Shiva). When we get the Lu Bu ultimate he will be unbindable and get an extra skill boost.

Sounds about right.

Cant wait for LuBus Ult Evo - but since it will take months i will need to work it out without his Ult Evo for now. Unbindable unit with low cool down ? Like LMeta ? Actually getting her Ult Evo is the main reason why i need clear the Friday dungeon hehe.

If i cant have Lilith ready on floor 2...maybe i can give it a try with Athena/ Friend Leader Amaterasu and GZL subs.

Athena/Meimei/Verche(Valk)/GZL/GZL/Amaterasu

With Amaterasu i could stall on on Tama, but then again killing off the dubs with brute force will likely also kill Tama after GZLs active. Hmmm...

Edit:

You have 2 Ronias, right? You might want to work on that second one.

My current team of Ronia/Ronia/Echidna/Lilith/FA Luci/Ronia is at 95% success rate. The only way to fail is if I don't have 5 fire orbs or 5 dark orbs on turn 1, which happens less often than you'd expect.

I will keep that in mind once i level up more of these units. I have Echidna but she isnt skilled so she is more or less useless right now which sucks :-/

So you dont need Lubu or King Badies burst to clear the boss stage ?

tr4656

linsivvi

I think i will give the Friday Dungeon a visit this week since there is no event upcoming.

Pretty sure we'll have a new event by Friday. Gungho hasn't gone without an event more than a few days for at least a year.

In fact, puzzledragonx has already marked the next event at 3/27 to 4/6.

ZeroAKA

I will keep that in mind once i level up more of these units. I have Echidna but she isnt skilled so she is more or less useless right now which sucks :-/

So you dont need Lubu or King Badies burst to clear the boss stage ?
3 Ronia actives + FA Luci is more than enough to clear the boss stage. I'll probably replace FA Luci with Lu Bu once he gets his ult though.

Edit: There's also the 1.5x Devil boost from Lilith's active.

Kyu

Neo Member
Athena/Meimei/Verche(Valk)/GZL/GZL/Amaterasu

With Amaterasu i could stall on on Tama, but then again killing off the dubs with brute force will likely also kill Tama after GZLs active. Hmmm...

I have had a semi successful athena team on Friday mythical. I have better success rate than with my Zeus team.

Athena/Grodin/Verche/Valk/Izanagi/Athena with 32k HP

F1:Orb trolling should be minimal with both green and light viable attack colors.

F2:Multi or tpa. Target the one with lowest counter. With 32k HP I can tank 1 hit. Make sure you have more than 13k HP going into F3

F3: target right most dub. Left to right priority and/or dark/light attack priority should make you attack the left one too. Charge skills on Tama then unleash everything on F4

anybody have a Krishna they can put up for a bit? my ID is 335244246. thanks
IGN: shinji@gaf
I just put mine up. He's freshly max skilled too. Only took 30 feeds, which is much better luck than I could have hoped for.

I'm thinking of max skilling CDD but I'm not sure its worth the effort. He's a good alternative to vamp, especially when paired with haku. But his stats and awakenings arent great, and I'm not a fan of 7 turns vs 5.

shinjijai

I just put mine up. He's freshly max skilled too. Only took 30 feeds, which is much better luck than I could have hoped for.

I'm thinking of max skilling CDD but I'm not sure its worth the effort. He's a good alternative to vamp, especially when paired with haku. But his stats and awakenings arent great, and I'm not a fan of 7 turns vs 5.

thanks! i'm in the dungeon =D.

Byakkoo

Neo Member

I think you're better off doin the coin dungeon to skill up CDD than to evo the RO drop

J0dy77

I wonder how they would bring back Horus though. make him 36x?

Fix his active and make it less useless for him as a leader (i still think it is underrated and over looked as a sub since i takes an eternity to max). Fix his ridiculously bad awakenings. HP and/or combo burst increase. That's my dream. I know the last part is a stretch but I can dream.

Fix his active and make it less useless for him as a leader (i still think it is underrated and over looked as a sub since i takes an eternity to max). Fix his ridiculously bad awakenings. HP and/or combo burst increase. That's my dream. I know the last part is a stretch but I can dream.
You forgot his garbage RCV for those of us who don't have a 297 Horus. :p

Jagernaut

Horus needs more awakenings, hopefully adding a skill boost and two 2-prongs. The reduce water damage should be changed to something else, the other 3 awakenings should stay.

The active should also have an added effect, I would like either hearts to fire + enhance fire orbs or a 1 turn atk boost + enhance fire orbs.

The leader skill should also be boosted. 1.2x atk for 6 combos or 1.2x atk for Attackers or include heart matches for a higher multiplier.

Edit. Also give him back at least 200 rcv. I fed my +70 rcv egg Siren to Horus just to get him to 300 rcv.

smbu2000

Still getting nothing from the DB2 collab. I've tried it so many times now and no Vegeta appearance...I'm glad it gives good exp., but I think I might go back to farming plus eggs. Vegeto will have to wait (my Goku isn't even evolved yet.) I have a lot of choco Buu, it's too bad I don't have an Uub to use it on.

Ranked up and quickly cleared challenge 5 and 6 from this new event. Gave the Bubpy to my Trunks. My gf just cleared challenge 8 with her LKali team, so I'm happy for her. I'm going to have to try it myself...

I used the rest of my stamina to try Sandalphon for the first time since the Descend challenge and cleared it for the first time. (no continues needed) I used my LKali team (with a SSJ3 Goku friend) and just subbed out Izanagi and put in Echidna. She is super helpful here. Used her right when I got to Raphael and just slowly whittled him down (with Vegeta healing him) and after my 3 turn skill bind was up on Sandalphon I was able to use her again. I one shot him (LKali with Kotaro), but it was still nice having that safety net.

Sakuya also invaded on the first floor, so I got a Light Orb out of it as well. Now I need to evolve him and my hera sowilo, so I can make my Awoken Venus! (already have the angelic, light orb and water orb)

Also looking forward to the skill change coming up. I'd like to free up some box space and skill up my Urd(s), Verdandi(s) (iPhone) and Skuld (iPad).

Another Mythical cleared, i dont think i will use the drop but its nice seeing the Hera collection growing xD

Will have to clear Legend for the clear sometime in the future. With Verdandi there is always some luck involved, this time i got the perfect number of green orbs and they were positioned good, so i didnt even need CuChu. But sometimes when she doesnt give me enough green orbs and i have to use CuChu active as well it becomes a mess of 2 many green orbs and making TPAs is impossible.

You need to post a picture of your DB units collection soon, even though i wont have access to them its nice seeing your progression with Vegeta and Co.
Congrats on the clear! She was tough for me as I took my LKali team in there and had to survive that 10 turn light orb absorb. If I need her again, I'll probably try a different team.

I don't have much of a collection. I have 3 golds now with Vegeta, Trunks and Goku and quite a few silvers (not complete though.) Picked up Android 16 and 18 as well. I'd like to get 17 as well.
I've posted a pic of my Hyper max Vegeta before. Here is what my uevo Trunks currently looks like. Still need 1 tamadra and 1 more skill level to max him out. (also need to finish levelling him up)

He has more HP and ATK than a standard Vegeta, although 0 recovery. (at level 99) Interestingly he has one extra skill level over Vegeta. Vegeta goes from 14 turns down to 9 max, and Trunks goes from 14 down to 8 max. He'd be a nice addition to my Vegeta team if I could plus him up. He creates water orbs (from wood), so if I was ever missing a light or water orbs, he could help me to attack. (Vegeta uses water, light and dark, 2 colors for 3x attack and all 3 for 3.5x attack) That 80x attack is also nice, at max level he will do over 160k water damage. I use Vegeta's skill to easily take out Neptune when I do Ocean of Heaven.

My Goku isn't even evolved yet and is only at about level 45. I don't have a Noel to give him so levelling him up after evolving him will take a while. I gave Trunks a blue noel, instant 3 million HP (too bad I didn't get the bonus.)

I think you're better off doin the coin dungeon to skill up CDD than to evo the RO drop
I didn't even know the RO boss skilled up CDD. I was gonna use the Dark Insect dungeon. As a bonus, Light Chimera has a chance of dropping, and I'd also like to max skill Divinegon.

J0dy77

I didn't even know the RO boss skilled up CDD. I was gonna use the Dark Insect dungeon. As a bonus, Light Chimera has a chance of dropping, and I'd also like to max skill Divinegon.

Yeah but the evo materials for the RO boss are pain in the ass. Better off with the bowl mobs.

Yeah but the evo materials for the RO boss are pain in the ass. Better off with the bowl mobs.
Yeah I avoid skill up mobs that require evolutions whenever possible. If RO were the only option I wouldn't even consider skilling up CDD.

Speaking of which, really not looking forward to skilling up Haku. Meimei was bad enough, and I still have one to go on her.

Byakkoo

Neo Member
Speaking of which, really not looking forward to skilling up Haku. Meimei was bad enough, and I still have one to go on her.

I loooked.. I saw... I CRIED T_T I dont feel like skilling up haku.... or meimei..... x.x having a fit trying to get the mats to evo em >_>

seady

I wonder how they would bring back Horus though. make him 36x?

My guess:

Attacker / Dragon
Fire / Water

Leader Skill
Attacker Type HP & Recovery 1.25x, 4 Colors 4x Attack, 5 Colors 5x Attack

Active Skill
Fire Orb enhanced, Fire Attribute 1.5x attack for one turn. (Max Level: 7 Turns)

Evolution Materials:
Theurgia, Beyzul, Blue Dragon Fruit, Fire Jewel, Water Jewel

Yeah, at this point, I prefer using the orbs to skill them up.
I may start doing this, as long as I have nothing else going on those days. Its actually not that much worse in terms of stamina spent. And given that we have no idea when Watery Temptress is coming back, its not a bad option.

linsivvi

I may start doing this, as long as I have nothing else going on those days. Its actually not that much worse in terms of stamina spent. And given that we have no idea when Watery Temptress is coming back, its not a bad option.

I once used 5 dark orbs to skill up Haku. Nothing.

Never again.

I actually maxed Meimei through challenge dungeon rewards, and will do so with Haku now that my Beezlebub is maxed.

Edit: We get plus egg dungeon on non-event days now? Not that I'm complaining....

smbu2000

I've been pulling on the DB collab. REM on iPad as well whenever I get free stones and I finally got a gold out it. Gotenks! I gave him 5 bubpys that I had to max skill him. I can use him on my Skuld team and vice versa. It's too bad I don't have Urd on my iPad (have 2 on my iPhone) as he'd be great on that team as well.

His active skill is to randomly generate 2 fire and 2 water orbs, as well as enhancing fire and water orbs.(great for an Urd fire, water, heart board). His leader skill is water characters receive 3x attack/fire characters receive 1.2x attack. If the character has both then they receive 3.6x attack.

Zombine

Banned
So a friend of mine said that he is going to build a team of Leeks. I asked him why and he said it was "good for some dungeons, I heard." And I want to know if he heard right, or I should tell him not to bother?

razterik

So this means they're going to speed up the rate of descends in NA so we we don't get the ultimates months before the dungeon material arrives, right? Ha ha ha.

Top Bottom