• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Wait, Horus's 1.5x atk for gods is multiplied and not added to his normal attack? So instead of 30.25x for 4 colors and 36x for 5 colors it's actually 36x for 4 colors and 45.56x for 5 colors? Is that right?

yes, this should be like that. Awoken Horus team is not flexible as i thought, my prediction team will be Horus/L.meta/Red.Valk/Awoken Hino/GZL (valk)/Horus.

Let's wait for ulti Cao cao to bring any massive change.

Jagernaut

That's what it seems. If that's the case, he is really strong. His active alone ensures the 1.5x boost is available half the time.

That is really strong. You can run a mainly fire team (with rainbow sub elements) and use Ares for a 36x burst.

Horus
Red Valk
Ares
Set
red/blue or blue sub
Horus

cymtBUzl.jpg

~ selfie fever hera ur sempai ~

Is it just me or does Bastet seem even worse now
As a sub she's definitely worse. And her 36x is a bit harder to activate now. But at least her damage scales now. Assume she starts at 4 She starts at 5 combos, so her damage goes 20.25x, 27.5x, 36x with the an active. And again, this version has a much bigger sub pool than the first one they announced.

J0dy77

Wasn't going to sleep until this was done. Took 12 more for the last two skill ups. Yay. Now to work on a dupe next time the dungeon comes back.

I woke up and dumped all my stamina into friday dungeon. I got 4 skillups after 15 feeds. One to go with 7 or 8 fairies left. I want this to be over so bad without having to use Piis.

did a 10 pull on the evo carnival and got 8 gold eggs. 6 divine masks, a dragon fruit and an angelit. This seems very meh and I think I'd rather pull on the regular PEM since I have a chance to get rare-ish skill up mobs there.

Never pulling from this thing again, it's a trap. Anyone else miss the king metals in the PAL?

I had saved 9 red fairies for Yamato and went 2 out of 3 to max skill. Sweet.

Awoken Horus is now the best enhance fire orb sub for Ronia and any other fire team. 2 skill boosts, 2 skill bind resist and extend time plus he can enhance fire orbs every 4 turns when max skilled. His rcv is back but his atk was reduced (2 prong will help make up for it).

As a lead Horus could use a full team of god Valks and use a heartbreak every turn to get 30.25x atk for 4 colors and 36x atk for 5 colors.

I'm pretty excited for the new Horus and especially the new Ra. If I can stack a team with tons of orb delay and short actives he'll have a TON of burst. It's disheartening that they didn't fix the HP/RCV issue with any of them but at least we can try and brute force some dungeons now. I'm glad I stopped working on his AS as well since it is going to change. Anyone know the starting duration for the AS cooldowns? I'm wondering how many Piis i'll need.

Can we expect 2x on all these survey dungeons this week? With Watery Temptress in the next coin rotation I want to stockpile demon masks. I'd like to get at least 20, but I'm not sure how the rate is without 2x drop.

NineH

Never pulling from this thing again, it's a trap. Anyone else miss the king metals in the PAL?

Yeah, except for the jewels, I can semi reliably farm the rarer evo mats and it would be nice to have the option to go for super kings in the PEM once in a while.

Also, I am loving this 2.5 skill up rate. went 5/20 for pandora, 2/3 for blonia and 1/1 for Lmeta.

so to maximize awoken Egyptians I need low cool down monsters?

so Super Gunma has a Very difficult to skill up 1 cool down, Horus has a 4 cooldown, Anything else have less than a 5 cooldown?

Jagernaut

so to maximize awoken Egyptians I need low cool down monsters?

so Super Gunma has a Very difficult to skill up 1 cool down, Horus has a 4 cooldown, Anything else have less than a 5 cooldown?

Light Izanami is 4 max skilled. Super Gunma after 5 woodpys would be the ultimate sub.

FZZ

Banned
Two golds, zero silvers, rest were trash from the Evo Only PEM.

Golden Mystic Mask & Devilit for my two golds. So it's not that bad imo.

seady

I am happy for the Awoken Egyptian gods not because they are powerful, but because it gives a new way to play.

Now you not only need to have powerful active, but also short active that you can use constantly. A lot more things to consider when building a team. The Japanese sides are already coming up with a lot of new team combinations - really spices up the game that seem to be getting stale with a lot of same-y leader skills.

Is it just me or does Bastet seem even worse now
Forces you to run an all-wood team to take advantage of her extra burst but I like how her active synergizes with her combo leader skill. It's a much smaller upgrade than Horus/Ra so that's probably why it seems underwhelming.

Wonder if we'll see more time reduction preemptives in dungeons to make these +orb time actives even more enticing. Don't really need that much extra orb time for 7 combos but I guess that means Yomi can be subbed out for a green sub.

pix

I had good luck from the Evo PAL machine. Wood Jewel, Dark Jewel, Light/Wood Trifruit, from about 10 pulls.

zoku88

Man, I wish I had freyr for the fire teams I'm starting to build. Hera S mythical took so long last night twin minerva cuz I wasn't able to kill her from 55%

Got so close...but ended up taking forever... At least I got a stone out of it. Really just wanted the fire jewel.

The Evo PAL I got a Devilit, a divine mask, a blue keeper, a red jewel, and some low level lits/evo masks. I think I only pulled around 8-10 times?

J0dy77

A lot of the biweekly dragons have very low cooldowns now too.

I really don't want to focus on just low CD for subs. Most of those dragons are trash for stats and awakenings. Having key skills on the team is still going to be important. Let's also keep in mind that horus can handle a lot of tough content with just his normal 16x and 25x. Being able to get that extra burst is going to be a really nice thing now.

Having the I win button when I run Beelzebu/Ronia gives me two free levels essentially with the lineup I run. If I can get a similar effect out of Horus when activating a skill that might be enough to make him really strong again. 50x is nothing to sneeze at. Plus his awakenings are really nice now. Orb enhance is underrated. TPA, and two Skill cooldowns will help a ton. The biggest issue for my horus team has always been finding skill cooldown awakenings and being able to stall.

So what is up with the Likes and Friends contest on Facebook? Do you only get the Pal points and dungeons if you comment or what?

I still did it, because I want free stuff, but I'm not sure I get it...

So what is up with the Likes and Friends contest on Facebook? Do you only get the Pal points and dungeons if you comment or what?

I doubt they're actually going to comb through the comments for all of the different IDs; they'll probably just distribute to everyone.

tr4656

Evo carnival is a trap don't pull

So Anubis isn't getting any love? Not like he really needs any just wondering.
Anubis is probably coming next. Maybe easier activation?

It's for everyone. Finally since JP gets these regularly.

jay23

So I have around 5 of those +9 tamadras... but all my favorite monsters are already max awoken. Don't know what to do with them, completely forgot I was saving them in my mail box.

Anubis is probably coming next. Maybe easier activation?

Cool, can't wait to see what they do with Anubis. I like messing around with him in tricolor dungeons.

So I have around 5 of those +9 tamadras... but all my favorite monsters are already max awoken. Don't know what to do with them, completely forgot I was saving them in my mail box.
I'm probably going to dump mine into the LKali I pulled a few weeks ago...once I get her evolved. Or I could burn 3 of them on Pandora when her ult evo arrives.

am_dragon

12 pulls on the rare EVO dragon, 1 angelit the rest were divine masks and dubs, so lame, I need one more devilit to make dark light Zeus to feed to Hades. Ran sky prison 3 times no devilit. I'd also love another blue mask so I can EVO Andromeda.

reading about that now - new angels - interesting

are the new leads 1.25 atk * 3 atk with two sets of orbs - seems mediocre

They were pretty exciting until juggalo destroyed the game, but even before that happened nobody used them in JP. Even tried leaving up Lumiel overnight (arguably the bets of them) and still got only one person to actually put theirs up. But I think they've only ever appeared in one GF in Japan so not many people have them.

I may pull a couple of times. I have two Bastet and two Anubis, so pulling too much is just asking to get trolled with more dupes. But I'd love one of the other Egyptians, and the angels look alright. The green one seems like a perfect sub for the new Bastet.

linsivvi

Thanks for the tips of avoiding the evo carnival. Pulled normally and got Phoenix, which completes by mythical beast collection.

seady

What up with the 2.5 Skill UP????

I think I fed like 30 things (3-4 at a time) to various monsters and I get 0 skill up. ZERO.

FZZ

Banned
What up with the 2.5 Skill UP????

I think I fed like 30 things (3-4 at a time) to various monsters and I get 0 skill up. ZERO.

I think different monsters have different skill up rates for instance Siren was really easy for me to skill up while Echidna took around 20+ feeds just to get three skill ups.

razterik

2.5x still isn't going to save you from bad RNG.

PAL evo machine is great, you guys are crazy. I got 3 jewels and a ton of rare evo material in 30 pulls. That's a lot of saved stamina considering what I'd have to spend for this stuff normally. Way better than a bunch of ninjas and carbuncles from the normal machine.

Not sure about Awoken Horus/Ra. They look good enough, but have most of the same old issues. Wish they could use hearts+elements as activation, hate needing to have a full element board. I don't care for the flame chicken, but he'll probably merit a +297 now that he has good awakenings and stats for a fire enhance sub.

Bastet. WTF GungHo. I think this leader skill is a bit better, if ripping on Kaguya a bit. But they destroyed her sub value completely. Her active wasn't great before, but it's trash tier now. Farmables like Starling and Swallowtail are better than this. At least let it enhance greens or something useful, especially when it's 5 freaking turns for garbage. They robbed her RCV from her base form and took away a green row enhance for poison resist. I knew they'd do something dumb. Dammit.

But hey, look Hera Ur in a seifuku, It's so cute, right?

....yeah, it is.

seady

I wish Horus also has the God+Devil boost like Ra does. Horus team's boost is only for god type which makes team building very limited. Ra on the other hand has a lot more to choose from.

I know Ra's 5-colors is harder to pull, but the 1.5x (Horus) and 2.0x (Ra) should be enough of a differentiator. It should not be limited to the monster type.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Finally a Godfest i can skip - i could use Famiel for U&Y as well a DKali - but the chances are slim, i dont have many orbs and i wanna focus on skill ups of a couple Key units this weekend.

After my initial Friday Mythical clear, i failed 2 times and cleared it again the forth time. I think have figured out the right mix of TPA and combos needed to not kill everything on floor 3. The only times i died was when i killed all 3 units and couldnt stall on Tama.

If i can skill up Lilith and Drake a bit it should get easier.

And thats the next point - is the green Sacred Mask Drakes regular skill up evo material ? If not when does it change again ? Trying to figure out if i should use the couple i have to skill him up right now.

Edit:

Went for it - 5 green sacred masks, 0 skill ups. Fuck this game.

PAL evo machine is great, you guys are crazy. I got 3 jewels and a ton of rare evo material in 30 pulls. That's a lot of saved stamina considering what I'd have to spend for this stuff normally. Way better than a bunch of ninjas and carbuncles from the normal machine.
The only thing the normal PAL has that the special one doesn't is an occasional +egg so I'm with you. Helps that I got the jewel I wanted in 10 rolls though lol. In the end, it's PAL pts. So unless they have another special PAL like mini-3k around the corner, who cares about the higher cost?

I wish Horus also has the God+Devil boost like Ra does. Horus team's boost is only for god type which makes team building very limited. Ra on the other hand has a lot more to choose from.

I know Ra's 5-colors is harder to pull, but the 1.5x (Horus) and 2.0x (Ra) should be enough of a differentiator. It should not be limited to the monster type.
Yeah, it's a little lame that the secondary boost on Ra is more expansive and stronger. Just one of those plus the higher primary boost from activation seems like it be enough to make the harder activation worth it. Or maybe I'm underestimating the difference in orb troll - don't have a Ra :(.

Yeah the more I think about it the more annoyed I get about what they did with Bastet's active skill. She's the only awoken evo that has such a useless active, and has almost no value as a sub.

J0dy77

Tore through the first 6 Challenge dungeons this morning. Beelzebu/Ronia makes short work of 5 and 6. Have to start looking at the rest of the levels, What did everyone use for 7,8,9?

Top Bottom