• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

J0dy77

Passing again.

Most of my needs are around Godfest exclusives so I might throw one pull at one of the days. I want Grodin so bad but don't want to roll the chinese fest. Sitting on 40 stones since I've been skipping everything lately. Trying to hold out for Player's choice.

tdH2o5Y.jpg

Get your mats ready.

So is awoken Ra as good as I think he is?

I do WANT him over LL ra right?

Also can anyone throw up an Awoken Hades? I am going to try Challenge 9 and I think I can use this to go after it.

I had a roller coaster ride of emotions with PAD yesterday. First, I went 2/3 to finish skilling up my Drawn Joker. I'm looking forward to uvoing/leveling him to use on a tankier Beelzebub team.

Then I went 0/6 on CDD skill ups. I'm now 0 for my last 15 (4/30 overall), which is really not a good demonstration of 2.5x rates. Hopefully I can at least get him to a 9 CD to match up with my (if all goes well) max skilled Haku.

But then to top it all off...

I managed to beat True Endless! I went in to test an interesting U&Y setup. I normally run LZL (Blodin once he gets orb enhance) in place of Okuni, but I figured I could use the HP and delay. Not sure if I'll prefer this team compared to my normal setup, but I'm glad I could beat this milestone.

Drop rates for Blade of Justice are just abysmal. PADX says the drop rate for final floor is %20, and since it's 2x drops that becomes %40... ran through ~100 stamina doing nothing but this morning, and got all of two mystic knight drops -- neither of which gave me skill ups for Verche, even with the 2.5x chance.

quin

Also can anyone throw up an Awoken Hades? I am going to try Challenge 9 and I think I can use this to go after it.

効果:5属性(4属性+回復)同時攻撃で攻撃力が上昇、
5属性+回復の同時攻撃で、最大8倍。

Light Ra is 5 colors plus hearts at 8x now

J0dy77

Speaking of Challenge floor 9...

eepRG2bl.jpg

Before you waste 90 stamina make sure you have a way to deal with the fat man round 6. Neptune was the only answer I had while still having enough burst on round 5.

Who should I use bubpy on, Neptune or Sun Quan?

Which Neptune are you talking about? If it's awoken definitely put them there. Sun quan has his own skillup mob and awoken Neptune only needs two to max skill. I just dumped two into him before running challenge 9.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Verche max skilled - this went way better than expected after the last couple days. I got quite a few drops and and went 6/10. Spent 1 stone for stamina during the runs.

Also finished Grimoires Descended! on Legend and Mythical - Legend with Verdandi team and Mythical with GZL after i screwed up a run with Verdandi and GZL before.

This was the first Desc were i had to switch up my GZL team a bit and went from very aggressive to a more balanced team since i had to include Kushi/U&Y for HP,RCV, potential fire enemies. Kushis skill as well as her unbinding move saved my ass.

2015-03-30-17-57-39j9ug2.png

Got the red and blue drops - only wanted the green Version of her, might give it another shot on later.

After this round i feel like i should drop CuChu permanent for U&Y - since later is +297 and also changes hearts to wood/ works well with Verdandi.

Skilling up is tedious, but once you get it done, it's feels great. It took me forever to max the Echidna on my iPhone. The one on my iPad went very easily though. It just comes down to luck.

Just be glad that now they have pys for guaranteed skill ups. Before there was nothing to guarantee a skill up. They are difficult to obtain, but great to use.

Wise words - skilling up Verche felt great indeed. But 0/5 on a 2.5x event is still criminal and while Pys are nice they are very rare/difficult to obtain and mostly used on units that dont have skill up units.

Guess i will just have to get used to it. If i can skill up Echidna a bit this week this will end up being a nice skill event after all.
I had a roller coaster ride of emotions with PAD yesterday. First, I went 2/3 to finish skilling up my Drawn Joker. I'm looking forward to uvoing/leveling him to use on a tankier Beelzebub team.

Then I went 0/6 on CDD skill ups. I'm now 0 for my last 15 (4/30 overall), which is really not a good demonstration of 2.5x rates. Hopefully I can at least get him to a 9 CD to match up with my (if all goes well) max skilled Haku.

But then to top it all off...

I managed to beat True Endless! I went in to test an interesting U&Y setup. I normally run LZL (Blodin once he gets orb enhance) in place of Okuni, but I figured I could use the HP and delay. Not sure if I'll prefer this team compared to my normal setup, but I'm glad I could beat this milestone.

Wow, congrats man - that dungeon looks just nuts. But its great to see what a U&Y team is capable off - - you really have some nice subs with Batman and DKali. Hitting +20k HP with U&Y is really nice.

tr4656

In what universe are those awakenings crappy lol

I still don't think Kirin is that bad. Maybe not top dawg anymore, but still easily in the upper echelon. All she needs is a small bump up in her leader skill, don't need to mess with anything else.
Yeah, maybe a buff in the LS could be helpful but shes definitely not bad. I'm still clearing almost everything with her.
100 stamina on blade of justice and zero drops LOL

That luck.

cw_sasuke

Awesome, got the green Grimeroir girl on Mythical. 4 runs, 3 clears and all 3 girls...nice result.

I should give lvl 6 Challenge Dungeon a try this week , haven't tried that one yet.

Speaking of Challenge floor 9... *Snipped photo*

Before you waste 90 stamina make sure you have a way to deal with the fat man round 6. Neptune was the only answer I had while still having enough burst on round 5.

Which Neptune are you talking about? If it's awoken definitely put them there. Sun quan has his own skillup mob and awoken Neptune only needs two to max skill. I just dumped two into him before running challenge 9.

I had slotted Shiva, but I had forgotten about the Red absorb on floor one. My first burst didn't get him down into the green territory (I had three 4 orb dark matches, and then three red skyfalls happened) so I died relatively quickly. Next time I'm going to drop in awoken Neptune instead. I lose some serious HP, BUT it won't absorb him...

J0dy77

tdH2o5Y.jpg

Get your mats ready.

I have all of these mats except the new Evo. Hopefully it's not too difficult to obtain. I even have 3 red piis and 2 light piis waiting for Ra and Horus.

I had slotted Shiva, but I had forgotten about the Red absorb on floor one. My first burst didn't get him down into the green territory (I had three 4 orb dark matches, and then three red skyfalls happened) so I died relatively quickly. Next time I'm going to drop in awoken Neptune instead. I lose some serious HP, BUT it won't absorb him...

You need Awoken neptune for the poison and the damage burst. His active works for your entire team and gives you the burst you'll need on Round 2 and round 5. Don't be afraid to use skills right away on Round 1 and hang out in green. I used Persephone turn 2 just to make sure i got him into green.

You need Awoken neptune for the poison and the damage burst. His active works for your entire team and gives you the burst you'll need on Round 2 and round 5. Don't be afraid to use skills right away on Round 1 and hang out in green. I used Persephone turn 2 just to make sure i got him into green.

I had used Hanzo 2nd round, I would have made it to less than 50% if the red skyfalls hadn't happened like they had. I did learn my lesson though, Awoken Neptune is what I will be rolling with next time.

What is Ra's New ability? I have him halfway to max skill as just a regular Ra, so I'm not sure I want to restart, and LL Ra's new leader skill makes it a tough decision (8x is very nice)

What is Ra's New ability? I have him halfway to max skill as just a regular Ra, so I'm not sure I want to restart, and LL Ra's new leader skill makes it a tough decision (8x is very nice)
It's a stronger solar laser (77,777 damage) plus three extra seconds of orb movement for the next turn, at up to 7cd.

Most of my needs are around Godfest exclusives so I might throw one pull at one of the days. I want Grodin so bad but don't want to roll the chinese fest. Sitting on 40 stones since I've been skipping everything lately. Trying to hold out for Player's choice.

My top needs.

FA Luci, Pandora, Hanzo

I gotta save my stones for when I can get one of these.

J0dy77

It's a stronger solar laser (77,777 damage) plus three extra seconds of orb movement for the next turn, at up to 7cd.

The bigger part of this and why you need to max Skill is his Active now does 2x damage for your entire team due to the LS. Having it at max CD is going to be really important.

The bigger part of this and why you need to max Skill is his Active now does 2x damage for your entire team due to the LS. Having it at max CD is going to be really important.

ok so Awoken Ra is definately better... I can work with that, just need the mats and some Shynpiis.

and to Max skill that Green 1 cd active monster through woodpiis.

J0dy77

I'm on a tear this week. Ultimate god rush goes down. Really feel like my box is starting to get towards elite level. Just need to farm a ton of plus eggs for some of the teams. The awoken Greek goods are amazing.

r38lXBal.jpg

Tricolor + Krishna + Kagu = ~24 million damage from one sub. That's probably the highest I've ever hit.
Whelp I'm an idiot. It was only 2.4 million.

I'm on a tear this week. Ultimate god rush goes down. Really feel like my box is starting to get towards elite level. Just need to farm a ton of plus eggs for some of the teams. The awoken Greek goods are amazing.
Man, seeing all these Awoken Greek success posts makes me miss my old account. I had dupes of Minerva, Venus, and Neptune so I feel like I would be having decent success with some of the high tier content.

In fact, a Greek 1 god is the missing piece in my box right now. Ceres is in my top 3 most wanted at the moment, and I wouldn't say no to Minerva either.

J0dy77

Tricolor + Krishna + Kagu = ~24 million damage from one sub. That's probably the highest I've ever hit.
Whelp I'm an idiot. It was only 2.4 million.

Man, seeing all these Awoken Greek success posts makes me miss my old account. I had dupes of Minerva, Venus, and Neptune so I feel like I would be having decent success with some of the high tier content.

In fact, a Greek 1 god is the missing piece in my box right now. Ceres is in my top 3 most wanted at the moment, and I wouldn't say no to Minerva either.

Is crazy how this game can swing around on a card that rotted in your box for so long. I have all of the Greek gods except for Minerva and two of Venus. All of them are maxed and awoken and I'm finally putting them to use. Ceres was my starter mob and did nothing in my box for years. Same with Neptune.

It's been a lot of fun playing these bigger dungeons and using the stall/heal tactic. That last round against Zeus had me sweating since it requires six combos or he heals back up. Was a fine line getting to where I could activate the combo for the killing blow while still managing six combos and dealing with jammers.

The crazy thing was I got mei mei invade during the run and the fat king. Now only if gaia would have dropped. Lol

quin

New gimmicks on Sphinx Descended apparently:
- add 5cd to your actives
- >200k damage shield lol get shrekt juggler

What does that mean? Damage caps at 200,000? Or is it over 200,000 and all damage is nulled?

Either of those sounds horrible no matter who your leader is

jay23

Is crazy how this game can swing around on a card that rotted in your box for so long. I have all of the Greek gods except for Minerva and two of Venus. All of them are maxed and awoken and I'm finally putting them to use. Ceres was my starter mob and did nothing in my box for years. Same with Neptune.

Can't wait to say this about GGY someday lol.

After getting 2 green jewels yesterday I'm finally saving for that beelzebub uevo. I have to get him first tho. Should I try using a Neptune team for that descended?

Quantum

Seems like it, but there's definitely been more shameless ones in the past haha

I like that clones exist - I love this mechanic for "match 3" - has ruined me for most other simple match 3's.

Speaking of clones I played the heck out of Legacy before I switched to IOS and was pissed that I couldn't transfer my fan area - and never played again - considering how much money I have invested in PAD the extra 5 to reopen the area should be a no brainer - gonna try battle camp now that I've run out of stamina for the evening.

- I'll have enough for 4 rolls and might use them on day 2 - I have none of the godfest egyptian 2/ new angels so might be worth it just for fun - I don't really see any of the leaders as that amazing - looks like some might make excellent subs for certain leads (U/Y and Durga come to mind)

- of course a true ronia would be welcome too.

I think I'm finally ready to give up on DQXQ as a leader. Instead I can switch my Divinegon over to L/L and try to make some Wukong friends. Should have similar damage output for half the effort.

With DQ, Fuma, and Valk as subs, I'll have two 5 turn orb changers and two 8 turn double orb changers. The synergy between the orb changers is very nice as well, with very little overlap.

So no Godfest for JP? Aren't they due for another one too?

3K/Indian 2 in about three hours, Egyptian 1/2 the day after that.

Just cleared the Sopdet floor on Legendary. She has like no HP so you can just poke her to death ignoring the 200k shield.

edit: and there goes Sphinx. You don't need to worry about any of the gimmicks, they're a non-issue. The skill delay is pretty funny, though. "Actives up, time to burst! ... ... hold that thought"

saichi

I think I'm finally ready to give up on DQXQ as a leader. Instead I can switch my Divinegon over to L/L and try to make some Wukong friends. Should have similar damage output for half the effort.

With DQ, Fuma, and Valk as subs, I'll have two 5 turn orb changers and two 8 turn double orb changers. The synergy between the orb changers is very nice as well, with very little overlap.

what's your 5th?

Almost done with my dream team, with Venus being the last REM card I need to get. I'm planning on replacing Shynee with Sandalphon whenever he comes back around for better stats.

skill up Sandalphon is such a pain tho

I'm kinda torn in three directions for the JP godfest; on one hand Liu Bei would be sick for my fledgling Verdandi team (now), on the other hand I have a blood pact with Nephthys where I must shake the gold dragon's hand until I roll her (tomorrow), on the other other hand, PAD Academy is down the line (later). Can't decide how to spend my stones.

quin

Finished Sphinx Descended. First time i went in with pandora, but she was too strong. Used a lubu team to finish it. The +5 skill turn was only annoying. Nothing more.

Ra is nice, but I still like Light Karli more.

cw_sasuke

Tried my first S-Rank yesterday, i failed the first time because Beelzebub has too many stars but did on the 2nd time with a Batman friend - really nice didnt knew you get a Tamdra from S-Ranking. And the drops on this tun were also....good.

2015-03-31-02-19-43wcbhb.png
2015-03-31-02-19-28i5ak1.png

Top Bottom