• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Can someone tell me how to best utilize these Gods? I've been stuck on Starlight Sanc --> King of the Gods for a month and I'm out of answers =(

4ZRYube.png

zoku88

Tried my first S-Rank yesterday, i failed the first time because Beelzebub has too many stars but did on the 2nd time with a Batman friend - really nice didnt knew you get a Tamdra from S-Ranking. And the drops on this tun were also....good.
For S-ranking those not-so-hard dungeon, I just use GZL. Pretty easy.

If the dungeon has slightly harder hitting mobs, I add in a mani whatever that thing is for its 3K HP.

Can someone tell me how to best utilize these Gods? I've been stuck on Starlight Sanc --> King of the Gods for a month and I'm out of answers =(
Whenever I clear Starlight (which is not often, since I just farm OoH), I use U&Y. Use sun quan, dark kali, valk and yomi as subs, I'd say.

If you don't have enough cost, use Vamp instead of DKali.

Or if you're patient, lead with Odin and get a Ama friend. Should be pretty hard to kill with like... 8K auto heal per turn? It will take forever though, and you'll want to kill yourself.

You should really try leveling up everyone. The main thing you want to avoid with U&Y is getting a bad board. You have the necessary orb changes, but they're all low level...

Anyway, I rolled twice:

Blue ANgel, Famiel (who I really wanted)
Lemon Dragon: eeeh, don't really care. I havent really used any of these fruit dragons. I also already had a lemon dragon...

seady

Godfest:

1. New Dark Angel
2. Anubis

Not bad. Though I am not good enough to use Anubis and don't see popularity in the new angel series.

zoku88

Godfest:

1. New Dark Angel
2. Anubis

Not bad. Though I am not good enough to use Anubis and don't see popularity in the new angel series.

I just wanted the angels because two of them are good subs for U&Y and Durga.

You got the Durga one that I also wanted. :)

Maid

Banned
Rolled one and get Verdandi. I think I can be happy for the rest of godfest.

Still think what's the good team for Verdandi as I have a very limited amount of good G/R or R/G monsters. Also should I feed her those green skill up material?

razterik

I just wanted the angels because two of them are good subs for U&Y and Durga.

You got the Durga one that I also wanted. :)

They really aren't that great. High chance of being trolled with too few orbs of the main damage color, just like using a Chinese active for their own teams. Better to take Kalis and combo with another orb converter.

Blew 80 stamina on JP Challenge 8 when I forgot to one shot Michael and got my Tomato team bound. Dumb. But at least I cruised through both levels of Sphinx with Beelzebub/Ronia.

Rolled one and get Verdandi. I think I can be happy for the rest of godfest.

Still think what's the good team for Verdandi as I have a very limited amount of good G/R or R/G monsters. Also should I feed her those green skill up material?

No! She eats green dragon fruits for skill up when the mats change. There's a few decent green/red farmables for her team, and plain green subs are also good.

jiggle

This team should be able to EASILY farm KotG with high enough level and HP:

Mini Ronia
-Lubu
-Lucifer
-Hades
-Vampire/Hera/hera-ur
Ronia Friend

Must be fully awakened
+70% dark row enhance

Round 8 - have enough HP to tank and spank tiamat
Round 9 - pop 1 ronia active and kill chaos dragon in one turn. Make rows. Sometimes you get 1-2 extra turns here. Pop lucifer also, but only if you brought Hera ur along
Round 10 - pop ronia,lubu, lucifer(or hera-ur) actives. Make rows. This should be able to kill Zeus easily

Pop Hades active in either round 9 or 10 if it's up

seady

How does she compare as a devil leader compared to say ronia/ lu bu/ beelz?

I feel she is more comparable to Beelz. However she has good RCV and ATT, while Beelz has high HP.

Because she is a dark-dark or dark-blue combo leader, it should be easier to form her team with two-pronged devils like Haku and Persephone. Too bad she doesn't have two-pronged herself.

Zombine

Banned
5/5 gold+ eggs during this event. Here's what I pulled:

Green Odin (FINALLY!)
Kirin (Dupe)
Zhuge Liang (FINALLY!)
Avalon Drake
Fuma Kotaro

I was trying to make my Gonia team a reality, and now it is :)

Rolled once, got a pierdra. At least it was a plus egg.
what's your 5th
Last slot could go to several different cards. Meimei for a board change; also pairs well with Fuma, which is nice. D/L Batman for delay, LZL for orb enhance, or Verche for another low CD changer.

I could also rearrange a bit and use LZL and PAD Bear for 100 skill bind resist. Though I doubt I'll be taking this team into dungeons where that's an issue.

One godfest roll, got a Blue Angel Famiel. How does that leader skill work exactly? Create a 2x combo of either Water or Light and get the bonus?
To get the 3x, you need either 2 water combos or one water + one light combo.

Just noticed that JP godfest has 3K and Egyptian 2. Again. That's the third time in a row if you exclude the PCGF. I know those two are good and all, but come on. Makes it easier to save for Academy at least...

saichi

I'm kinda torn in three directions for the JP godfest; on one hand Liu Bei would be sick for my fledgling Verdandi team (now), on the other hand I have a blood pact with Nephthys where I must shake the gold dragon's hand until I roll her (tomorrow), on the other other hand, PAD Academy is down the line (later). Can't decide how to spend my stones.

I rolled Nephthys in my English account. I have yet to see anyone uses her either on my friend list or 3 new friend choices. :(

On a totally unrelated notes, I tested my new Awoken Minerva team into Izanami Legend and it was a breeze comparing to my Ltron team. This team for decendants with mostly light dark mobs really owns. Gonna try Mythical next once stamina is up.

smbu2000

Yay, cleared Challenge Dungeon #8 again. Exactly the same as last weeks, but I think the order was different. Anyway, cleared again, I'll take the badpy and probably give it to Vegeta #2.

Cleared the new Sphinx dungeon on both Mythical and Legendary with my Vegeta team (iPhone) and DMeta team (iPad). Seemed easier to do with the DMeta team.

I accidentally healed Sopdet with my Vegeta when all I wanted to do was create dark drops. That absorb over 200k attacks is very annoying. Going to focus on getting Awoken Ra first on both. Just need a Sopdet for each. (need to get 2 more KoGs on my iPhone as well)

Maid

Banned
I feel like my Ronia options suck. I got: mini lu bu, shiva, Belial, Hera-ur, second shiva, and that's really it.

I think you're fine. At least you have mini lu bu. I'm still using the King Baddie for my Ronia's Grimoire farming team. Get Beelzebub and Awoken Hera and you would have a decent team already.

+ egg Dragonette
Horus

I had intended on saving my second pull for tomorrow as I only had 12 stones, but Horus works.

I also pulled Keeper of Gold from the Evo Carnival for 500 PAL points.

Now I am learning about costs and its super annoying!

Jody77, I want to run down your Challenge 9.

Stalled at Green Ifrit for skills.

Burst round 2 - Immediately, or did you try to get him down to his countdown first?

Round 3 - three turns to kill or burst immediately?

round 4 - stall for skills again - Kill with all skills available?

Rounds 5 and 6 - do you dual hades and then all skills but Neptune on Threedia? then just neptune and stall for Fatty?

Round 7 - stall and kill when available?

To get the 3x, you need either 2 water combos or one water + one light combo.

Just noticed that JP godfest has 3K and Egyptian 2. Again. That's the third time in a row if you exclude the PCGF. I know those two are good and all, but come on. Makes it easier to save for Academy at least...
So, the 3x stacks with the always-on 1.25x for a 4.25x multiplier? That's pretty good for just making a 2-combo.

Jagernaut

I think you multiply the atk and not add it so it would be 3 x 1.25 = 3.75. Which would be 14x atk with two leaders. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So, the 3x stacks with the always-on 1.25x for a 4.25x multiplier? That's pretty good for just making a 2-combo.
3 x 1.25 so 3.75 multiplier, which is pretty solid. The recent power creep via awoken ults have overshadowed them by a lot though. Especially since the Angels 2.0 don't have any damage boosting awakenings.

zoku88

They really aren't that great. High chance of being trolled with too few orbs of the main damage color, just like using a Chinese active for their own teams. Better to take Kalis and combo with another orb converter.

Blew 80 stamina on JP Challenge 8 when I forgot to one shot Michael and got my Tomato team bound. Dumb. But at least I cruised through both levels of Sphinx with Beelzebub/Ronia.

No! She eats green dragon fruits for skill up when the mats change. There's a few decent green/red farmables for her team, and plain green subs are also good.
Well yeah, a kali would be better, but they're also harder to get.

I'll take what I can get :)

I really wish I had a light kali :(

razterik

Burst round 2 - Immediately, or did you try to get him down to his countdown first?

Rounds 5 and 6 - do you dual hades and then all skills but Neptune on Threedia? then just neptune and stall for Fatty?

Having run this with a similar build, I can fill in a bit. For round 2, burst first because his bind is annoying and he has decent HP. Round 3 gives four turns, which should be plenty, especially if you save some darks. Don't even need skills for round 4 since he has a two turn timer and is completely resisted by Hades. Definitely use both Hades on Threedia unless you brought Ronia&Rodin. Too much HP otherwise. Have to save Neptune for Fat Metal, not enough time to recharge before he overkills you. Zaerog is pretty easy to stall on as long as you can keep healing. He orb converts random to jammers every third turn. Burst once he isn't shielding dark and your skills are up.

Jagernaut

Kali's are rare godfest exclusives. Lumiel/Famiel give you a guaranteed activation for Durga/U&Y while getting rid of poison and jammers. Worth a team slot in many dungeons.

zoku88

By the way, I've been building a Durga team recently although I have yet to use it (too low level and missing ults and no friends).

What do people think of this team?

Durga Echidna DValk Starling Yomi

Echidna is mostly for if I fail a OHKO and am left with 1HP lol.

Trying to make it dark heavy since my U&Y team is water focused, so I currently suck at wood dungeons.

By the way, I've been building a Durga team recently although I have yet to use it (too low level and missing ults and no friends).

What do people think of this team?

Durga Echidna DValk Starling Yomi

Echidna is mostly for if I fail a OHKO and am left with 1HP lol.

Trying to make it dark heavy since my U&Y team is water focused, so I currently suck at wood dungeons.
I think the team looks good. Do you have any other options? Yomi and Echidna are certainly useful, but I think they are replaceable.

zoku88

I think the team looks good. Do you have any other options? Yomi and Echidna are certainly useful, but I think they are replaceable.
For dark gods? Hmm, I have a lucifer and GZL.

Besides their dual prongs, I'm not sure how useful they'd be. Maybe green Odin for his heal?

EDIT : Dark Fagan might be useful. Forgot about him since I haven't ultimated yet.

I've cleared KoG many times with U&Y / BOdin / I&I / Sun Quan / D/D Yomi. Use a U&Y orb change and I&I enhance on CDD. Use a U&Y orb change and SQ on Zeus and then set up blue rows and two-prongs with Yomi active - you can take a turn to set up the board if you need to. I've done most mythical descends with that team also.

Alternatively you can try something like U&Y / Sun Quan / I&I (healer) / Kushi / DKali. I would recommend using the blue/green SQ uvo.

Byakkoo

Neo Member
guh.. the temptation to buy stones n roll... furthered by the fact i just got my tax returns..... must fight..... *buys stones* whelp... lets hope I get something good tomorrow....

Rolled a water rider today, one more pull tomorrow.

then nothing. no third pulls these are free from login/event stones. NO BUYING

*I Must stay strong*

J0dy77

Round 2 you have to burst immediately. You don't have any resistance and he'll hurt you if you stay too long. With both gravities, neptune and beelzebub it's overkill by a lot.

Round 3 immediately use which ever orb change active you didnt use. You have 4 turns to kill him due to his countdown timer but if you kill him in one or 4 it doesnt really mater.

Round 4 - stall until you get every skill back and slowly chip away, don't use any actives at all since you have resist for both dark and green.

Round 5 - again, this is the make or break. You need to use everything and beat him in 2 rounds over 6 million hp. double gravity will bring him to just under 50%. I used haku alone and to bring him into light weakness. pop persephone, beelzebub and match your ass off. You CANNOT use Neptune here making it harder but you essentially get the double damage anyway since he's light. If you clear this you win.

Round 6 - 100% free, pop neptune and watch him die in 3 turns while resist blocks his lesser attacks.

Round 7 - you have full resistance the entire time, just wait it out and when you feel comfortable that you can one shot, pop all cooldowns.

For dark gods? Hmm, I have a lucifer and GZL.

Besides their dual prongs, I'm not sure how useful they'd be. Maybe green Odin for his heal?

EDIT : Dark Fagan might be useful. Forgot about him since I haven't ultimated yet.
Chaos Dragon Knight is another solid option. He won't take advantage of Durgas active, but his orb change would probably be very helpful.

Top Bottom