• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Quantum

broke down and rolled today because I figured a better chance at Isis, fully expectign dupes.

1) Grimrock (number 3)
2) Siren (+1 but... seriously?)
3) The Nord Urd

I'm happy about the nord, although I have never really read about her, at least something different and maybe I can set up a new team - so iap free I will remain unless I go nuts tomorrow - which I doubt since I've been good for so long.

Jagernaut

The Norns are good leaders and also good subs for monocolor teams. I have Verdandi and want Urd and Skuld.

I usually get more carnival pulls than featured gods when I pull. I'll pull once tomorrow.

Quantum

The Norns are good leaders and also good subs for monocolor teams. I have Verdandi and want Urd and Skuld.

I usually get more carnival pulls than featured gods when I pull. I'll pull once tomorrow.

I have some incredible cards to pair with urd, and have been wanting to put together a good fire (main)type team. I'm trying to patch a team together, although seem to be short on Recovery - glad I pulled something that lets me look at the game differently - now the process of leveling up another team begins

(was messing around with urd/rodin/aowkagu/blodin/meglodran/urd - surprisingly powerful team, and urd is only level 6 lol)

can I trend a name awoken hinokagutsuchi = awokagu (probably too complicated)

- I have one additional pull that will be for tomorrow morning.

jiggle

Is there a monster with an active that 2.5x or 3x Wood damage?
I use freyja in my verdandi team off and on
but the 1.5x wood damage leaves a lot to be desired

Ducarmel

Is there a monster with an active that 2.5x or 3x Wood damage?
I use freyja in my verdandi team off and on
but the 1.5x wood damage leaves a lot to be desired

Since verdandi an other green cards that are good for her team are balanced King Woodsie would be the best card.

FZZ

Banned
Fed 7 green dragon fruits and got 4 skill ups on my Green Sonia

Feels good man

I'm waiting to roll until day 2 and Im only gonna do one pull with the free stones I got. Honestly I only desire one roll from the Gacha and that's D. Meta I know I will most likely never get her unless it's a PC Godfest and even then maybe never, but I can dream.

Wow. 4/42 on CDD skill ups. 0 for my last 27. This is super fucking annoying. I wasted my entire week of stamina for nothing. CDD is hardly worth using if he isn't max skilled, so thanks a lot Gungho.

2.5x skill up was a huge disappointment for me. Over 70 feeds and my rate was less than 15%. If that's what I can expect from Haku skill ups, I don't know if I can handle it.

Quantum

Wow. 4/42 on CDD skill ups. 0 for my last 27. This is super fucking annoying. I wasted my entire week of stamina for nothing. CDD is hardly worth using if he isn't max skilled, so thanks a lot Gungho.

2.5x skill up was a huge disappointment for me. Over 70 feeds and my rate was less than 15%. If that's what I can expect from Haku skill ups, I don't know if I can handle it.

I feel your pain. I can say that it took me a ton of feeds to complete my CDD versus my Haku.

I firmly believe that different mobs skill up with different rates. I also tend to believe that mobs that are easier to obtain (and not REM) are harder to skill up. There is no proof of it, and I've had some horrendous REM skill up sessions (FAL).

The skill up system is the shittiest system in the game - and the most manipulative.

- oh wait - isn't the new meta to add 5 turns before a skill is ready?

WTF.

edit: working on an urd team:

urd/kagu/R.Valk/Cao/Rodin/urd ?

although no blue/lack of recovery

hermit7

One roll today will do some more tomorrow.

Horus. Already have a f/l max levelled so I am not sure the use for another. Will probably feed for a skill.

FZZ

Banned
What am I going to do with the 2nd Kirin? She doesn't look like she could be a good sub.

I am saving mine for a second Ult Evo. Maybe she will once again become a God-Tier leader. Maybe...

One roll today will do some more tomorrow.

Horus. Already have a f/l max levelled so I am not sure the use for another. Will probably feed for a skill.

Bruh Awoken Horus is on the way. Don't be so hasty!

I am saving mine for a second Ult Evo. Maybe she will once again become a God-Tier leader. Maybe...
Since the second ult evo wasn't released as the same time as the first one, the second one will likely be a substantial upgrade and there wouldn't be much point in keeping the original ult.

Tobe

10561731_424155401086628_2731066716296699725_n.jpg
11063796_424155431086625_507127433274563569_n.jpg
gotta give it to luci looking fly as fuck being head of the student council or some shit like that. gigas being beyond gangster.

colinp

Banned
YOLO: Twin Blade Brave, Shotel

Who??? Is she any good? For what kind of team?
Might roll once more later when we get the stone.

razterik

YOLO: Twin Blade Brave, Shotel

Who??? Is she any good? For what kind of team?
Might roll once more later when we get the stone.

Not really good. But has shown up in some random places, like Awoken Bastet teams.

LMAO at PDX. Check the date, people.

raiot

What a cruel joke from pdx... to post: DBZ confirmed for NA ... :(

Does anyone have tips for Challenge 9?
I use:
I tried switching Ronia with a +120 Haku.
I always fail at the second or third boss because of orb troll... even if I get consistently 5-7 combos. Thats just bullshit :(

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
ADK max skilled, only needed one more skill up and got 2 drops on my first Expert run. Cool.

Now to get back thos Sacred Masks i wasted on skilling up Drake :-/

J0dy77

What a cruel joke from pdx... to post: DBZ confirmed for NA ... :(

Does anyone have tips for Challenge 9?
I use:

I tried switching Ronia with a +120 Haku.
I always fail at the second or third boss because of orb troll... even if I get consistently 5-7 combos. Thats just bullshit :(

I would agree with the ronia switch. Do you have persephone as well? I burst through round two and used haku to bring him down to almost nothing. Round three only had around 1 million hp.

Check out my full posts from the last few pages.

raiot

I would agree with the ronia switch. Do you have persephone as well? I burst through round two and used haku to bring him down to almost nothing. Round three only had around 1 million hp.

Check out my full posts from the last few pages.

Yeah, I have a skillmaxed Persephone, but who should I leave out, DTron? :(

razterik

Ronia vs Byakko is a toss up. Ronia makes Threedia much safer, but has a longer cooldown early on which can be an issue. Ronia will probably put more dark on the board as well.

Since I had to switch my team around to take care of the Fat Metal, I struggled a bit more than last time. Took two tries and I had some of the same orb trouble.

Are you stalling on the first floor when he goes green? I found it helpful to use both Hades on the second floor right away and one shot him with Ronia and Dark Tron. Depends on your board, of course. But this keeps him from using his blue orb increase, which should help during the next floor. You can even use Shiva for extra damage, plenty of time to stall on Cyclone.

It is possible to tank a Tornado hit once he's green if you are a little over 20k HP. If Dark Tron is up, she can reduce that threshold as well. Not sure if he enters countdown again or repeats his attack.

raiot

Yeah thats exactly why i used ronia, Hakus active ist just too unreliable without Hanzo. I think I will try using the actives on floor 2. I normally come out of floor 1 fully charged.

Edit: Ok, I'm at Threedia, everything is up, any advice? My team is the same i posted above, the one with Ronia

razterik

Yeah thats exactly why i used ronia, Hakus active ist just too unreliable without Hanzo. I think I will try using the actives on floor 2. I normally come out of floor 1 fully charged.

Edit: Ok, I'm at Threedia, everything is up, any advice? My team is the same i posted above, the one with Ronia

Sorry, was away. For Threedia, use both Hades and hit Ronia first. If it's at least half dark, probably a good time to use Dark Tron. Otherwise save her for a second burst with Hanzo. Match dark rows, but you're probably better off splitting up the red into separate combos if possible. Remember Hades will give you a lot of extra matching time to straighten things out, just don't try to get too fancy. He should go down in one or two turns, or else you're dead.

Fat Metal gives six turns to recharge, but be careful not to overshoot. I only cleared the board a little and healed while Rodin took him down. Shiva I would use as soon as you have enough orbs to take him out and your HP is mostly full.

Zaerog is all about cleaning the board for hearts to drop, even if you have to hit him during dark absorb. I tried to grind him down about halfway if possible, but don't be too conservative about unloading on him or you risk running out of health or having him convert hearts too many times. Wait for light absorb, use both Hades first, Ronia and enhance red and dark if the board is fair. Save Hanzo in case.

Tobe

Yolo pull!!! Got blue sonia had 2 blue fruits and got 1 skill up. Lol i got all excited when i got her now i really thinking if ill ever get to use her. Besides blonia+blodin is there a team for her??

Ducarmel

Meglodragon
Succubus
Nephthys

was hoping for special god

I thought I could use Neph as a substitutes for D.Meta that I'm missing for my Pandora team, only downside is her awakenings are terrible. Maybe I will stick with Loki.

pix

I just rolled on my non IAP account. VERDANDI!!

Was so pumped because I already have Avalon drake, GZL, mini liu bei, Marine Rider, so I pulled again right after and got Vishnu. Green is calling to me. Rolled one last time and got Hathor. Not sure about her as I haven't read anything about her yet.

So pumped I have proper cards for a VErdandi team. What are some typical Verdandi teams so I can focus on her?

saichi

Fed 7 green dragon fruits and got 4 skill ups on my Green Sonia

Feels good man

I'm waiting to roll until day 2 and Im only gonna do one pull with the free stones I got. Honestly I only desire one roll from the Gacha and that's D. Meta I know I will most likely never get her unless it's a PC Godfest and even then maybe never, but I can dream.

do you use her as a leader? if you do, who do you use her team?

Ducarmel

So pumped I have proper cards for a VErdandi team. What are some typical Verdandi teams so I can focus on her?
Verdandi Guide
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/wip-team-guide-norn-of-the-present-verdandi.66928/

Hathor is best of the Egyptian 2 probably overall the best of the Egyptians unless you are really good with Ra/Anubis, and we will see how Awoken Egyptians affect the meta game.

She is better then Verdandi but a little harder to play with.

Hathor Guide
http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/threads/wip-team-building-sacred-life-goddess-hathor.63634/

J0dy77

Yeah, I have a skillmaxed Persephone, but who should I leave out, DTron? :(

I'd dump Hanzo and maybe switch Ronia for Haku. The couple times you need to burst hard Round 3 and 6 you' have light weakness going in your favor. Stacking dark damage will be a big benefit.

Top Bottom