• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

NineH

Well, I just used up all my luck for the week. I got 6 +eggs on a run of mechdragons massive fortress. I usually average 1 a run during the 5x technicals so it was a surprise to me that I would ever get this lucky.

Oh lawd PAD Academy going to have its own school anthem complete with lyrics and sheet music
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/150402_school.html

Also morals officer Athena going to have wacky softcore hijinx with the male protagonist, busty version gets glasses
8g7kzQp.gif

Edit: latest round of "buffs", some tweaks to awakenings plus Lucifer getting a controversial change to Morning Star from fixed damage to 200xATK.
http://pad.gungho.jp/member/150402_skill.html

razterik

Megathena! OMG, must have.

Changes to Heras and Gigas are likely foreshadowing them being fusion material. Have to give them good transferable awakenings first.

Not sure I like that Lucifer change. It makes him a little stronger, but removes some fixed damage techniques. Like the cool down drop, though.

J0dy77

Went 0/3 on my last three skillup chances for Yamato. That made 0/10 on the last skillup, so painful being one of of max for who knows how long.

I think I may have missed this when horus was announced, his leader skill is only 4.5 for matching give colors? That's total crap. With the boost from using a skill he's only at 30x. So disappointed now.

Went 0/3 on my last three skillup chances for Yamato. That made 0/10 on the last skillup, so painful being one of of max for who knows how long.

I think I may have missed this when horus was announced, his leader skill is only 4.5 for matching give colors? That's total crap. With the boost from using a skill he's only at 30x. So disappointed now.
His boost makes him 36x at 4 colors and ~45x and 5. You have to count the 1.5x boost from both leader skills.

J0dy77

His boost makes him 36x at 4 colors and ~45x and 5. You have to count the 1.5x boost from both leader skills.

Ah Right, I'm bad at math. I feel a bit better now. Still a bit concerning that he is only at 20x for 5 colors on their own.

The problem I see here is that 45x is not enough to one shot rounds. Horus is going to have a hard time keeping cooldowns going. I guess I won't know for sure until I give him a test drive and tweak the team around.

The thing I do like about him is that he has a ton of versatility for subs and I'll be constantly mixing and matching. It's also bad to overlook his active now, 4 turn orb enhance for a team that focuses on red damage along with the orb enchance awakenings will be strong on its own.

One other thing I've noticed from the videos and not sure if anyone can confirm. When you activate a skill it doesn't provide you a notification that damage is boosted like you would have with certain AS active attacks like GZL or Izanagi. This will allow you to stack damage for big burst finishers.

Came up with this team but would like to find a way to slot Dark Kali in there. Lots of versatility.

Zaf38wll.jpg

I can't imagine how long this is going to take to come to the US version though, very painful.

razterik

Ice knight winning is such a joke. Waste of a dungeon outside the grape skill up.

Who knew Isis played lacrosse?

One other thing I've noticed from the videos and not sure if anyone can confirm. When you activate a skill it doesn't provide you a notification that damage is boosted like you would have with certain AS active attacks like GZL or Izanagi. This will allow you to stack damage for big burst finishers.

If you are asking if the leader skill boost is separate from color/type boosts, then yes. So using Izanagi, etc is fine. But you are correct that Horus has the same issue of not enough plain damage with how high boss HP is now. So he is going to need extra damage from orb converters, enhancers, etc.

So after scanning my box and new uevos I realized I possibly have two very stro g teams to play with.

Awoken Parvati
Awoken Parvati
Vishnu
Verdani
Freya
Awoken Parvati

9 tpa and a ton of hearts to go with her new leader skill.

And

Awoken Ra
L Kali
L Kali
Sun Quan or Other Green Sub
D Meta
Awoken Ra

I've been so focused on building my perfect Ronia team and Wanting a Pandora I didn't realize I had some other amazing teams well on thier way. I tried an unevod ra team yesterday and was pleastly surprised I could hit the 5 combos. I started with mono dark went to AA Luci then Ronia. Pretty much went from one easy leader to another and never got good at the game. I'm kind of excited to start after two yeard and a lot of ignored Gods.

Jonsoncao

Banned

Man that's painful...

saichi

YOLO for the Godfest

Day 1: Grape Dragon (Dupe)
Day 2: Nephthys (Dupe)

Feed them both and got skill up for Grape Dragon.

Here is my current Beelzebub team.

D/D Beelze
D/W Drawn Joker
D/D Haku
W/D Vampire
Awoken Hera

Recently I got lu bu and Persephone. I also have Pandora waiting to get busty. Once that happens, I could sub in Pandora and lubu for the team which means I don't need to spend time to level up and busty Persephone, right?

Also, I finally got both Izanami. Do they fit on DQXQ team? are they really used in any team?

So I decided to try to pick up a few skill ups for my new Blonia, before the evo skills change. I didn't realize how manageable this dungeon is with a decent Athena team. I was psyching myself out, but in three runs this morning I had no issues.

I'm not sure where I stand for farming Wednesday. I'll want to do it at some point to skill up Avalon Drake (and Orochi, but we'll probably have his Awoken evo before I bother). I haven't even tried Tuesday Mythical yet, but I have LZL, so I'll need to eventually.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So I decided to try to pick up a few skill ups for my new Blonia, before the evo skills change. I didn't realize how manageable this dungeon is with a decent Athena team. I was psyching myself out, but in three runs this morning I had no issues.

I'm not sure where I stand for farming Wednesday. I'll want to do it at some point to skill up Avalon Drake (and Orochi, but we'll probably have his Awoken evo before I bother). I haven't even tried Tuesday Mythical yet, but I have LZL, so I'll need to eventually.
Which skill changes for evo material are expected?

ccbfan

Anyone else gave up skilling up their on the bench REM only Gods?

With all the new Awoken Gods I notices everyone has a new Active skill usually with improvements.

Really no point to skill them up if you're not using them at the moment and they're probably getting new skills.

jay23

Yea skilling up is already a bitch, honestly they should just leave your card max skilled if the active changes. Chances are that person already spent a bunch of time/stamina/stones.

Really can't wait for the next PC god fest, plan on doing a bunch of rolls since that worked well for me last year. Just hope luci doesn't get voted in again.

FZZ

Banned
Currently saving almost all my stones for the next PC Godfest. I unlinked my bank info from my Google wallet because I'm done with IAP for good. At 11 stones right now, hopefully I'll have a decent amount by the god fest.

Really want a Dmeta...

cw_sasuke

Same here - skipped the last GF - hope the gather some orbs for the next PC and to pull DKali.

I think I'm taking a break from the Godfests for awhile, Need more storage space and have two good teams I need to work on evolving.

Awoken RA Team

Awoken Parvati Team

For RA Sun Quan seems to be a big deal and I have him but I wonder if he's worth using over Athena when DMeta covers dark and blue?

Parvati seems like it would be a really strong TPA team but I wonder if having three of her may be overkill.

Those Awoken materials are gonna take me the most time to get.

If you guys use Ronia, Ra or Parvati add me.

333, 752, 218

Quantum

- Pengdra Parade! available from 4/6 to 4/12
- King’s Nobility available from 4/13 to 4/19
- TAMADRAmazing! available from 4/20 to 4/26
*You only can run these gift dungeons once.

What are these dungeons?

tr4656

Same here - skipped the last GF - hope the gather some orbs for the next PC and to pull DKali.
Not sure when the next PC will be though.
I think I'm taking a break from the Godfests for awhile, Need more storage space and have two good teams I need to work on evolving.

Awoken RA Team

Awoken Parvati Team

For RA Sun Quan seems to be a big deal and I have him but I wonder if he's worth using over Athena when DMeta covers dark and blue?

Parvati seems like it would be a really strong TPA team but I wonder if having three of her may be overkill.

Those Awoken materials are gonna take me the most time to get.

If you guys use Ronia, Ra or Parvati add me.

333, 752, 218
I think it's worth using SQ until you have a dungeon that needs DMeta's active.
- Pengdra Parade! available from 4/6 to 4/12
- King’s Nobility available from 4/13 to 4/19
- TAMADRAmazing! available from 4/20 to 4/26
*You only can run these gift dungeons once.

What are these dungeons?
Probably some of those free stuff we get like Samba dragon or a free tamdra.

razterik

Raphael crying in a corner now that his role got stole.

Hera Ur is first active skill change Awoken to get a skill up drop. Trying to keep her relevant now that Awoken Horus exists, I suppose. Will max both versions for hotness.

smbu2000

Pulled once this past GF on my iPad. Succubus (star egg)... Wow... At least I got a skill up on my Lilith #2. Can't be too mad though since I did pull 3 Golds during this past DB collab. REM.

Also cleared Challenge Dungeon 7 on my iPhone. Strange that I could clear #8 before #7. Although, the no RCV dungeon 8 makes combos and large attacks easier with my LKali team. I subbed out Izanagi for Vegeto in this one. I get 2 extra time extend awakenings, 1 extra skill boost and I could use his skill (100k damage, that ignores defense, plus 1 turn delay) to take out Ra. He was the last one this time after Cleopatra, KoG, Isis, and Thoth/Sopdet.

Going to start skilling up Vegeta #2 I think. I've gotten 2 badpys during the past two challenge dungeons. Only need 3 more after that.

J0dy77

Pulled once this past GF on my iPad. Succubus (star egg)... Wow... At least I got a skill up on my Lilith #2. Can't be too mad though since I did pull 3 Golds during this past DB collab. REM.

Also cleared Challenge Dungeon 7 on my iPhone. Strange that I could clear #8 before #7. Although, the no RCV dungeon 8 makes combos and large attacks easier with my LKali team. I subbed out Izanagi for Vegeto in this one. I get 2 extra time extend awakenings, 1 extra skill boost and I could use his skill (100k damage, that ignores defense, plus 1 turn delay) to take out Ra. He was the last one this time after Cleopatra, KoG, Isis, and Thoth/Sopdet.

Going to start skilling up Vegeta #2 I think. I've gotten 2 badpys during the past two challenge dungeons. Only need 3 more after that.

I really need to get through challenge #8 but have no real answers with Grodin. I really dislike the no RCV dungeons. I might try and brute force it with Yamato but not sure how that would work out.

Vastly superior luck with Echidna skill-ups, was able to take her from 1/6 to max in about 15 feeds. Now I can work on my low-cost team's Echidna as well.

linsivvi

I really need to get through challenge #8 but have no real answers with Grodin. I really dislike the no RCV dungeons. I might try and brute force it with Yamato but not sure how that would work out.

You can brute force it with Kirin or Horus as well. Just cleared it with 2 stones but could've went 0 stone with slightly better orbs in the first 2 floors.

cw_sasuke

Man finally Echidna max skilled - dont even know how much runs it took me but i spend 2 stones on Stamina i think. But it was worth it.

Also had some luck on the PAL Evo machine:

2015-04-03-13-20-33k1zo7.png

Angelit let me Ult Evo Meimei - finally.

smbu2000

Damn, I forgot to check the current skills for the trifruits. I wasted 2 red fruits trying to get the last skill up on my Ronia, when I should have given them to my Urd instead. Oops...

Anyway, got my Sowilo and Sandalphon levels up and just need the materials to evolve them, then I can make my Awoken Venus!
After I'll try and go for my Awoken Kagutsuchi, he'd make a good sub for my Vegeto team. Need to pick up a Red Orb (can do it during the next dungeon event), and level up/evolve all of them; Kagutsuchi, Wangren, and DIzanami.

You can brute force it with Kirin or Horus as well. Just cleared it with 2 stones but could've went 0 stone with slightly better orbs in the first 2 floors.
That's the good thing about using an LKali team, you can make a good board on the first floor if you need. (along with Kotaro) I was able to get past the twinlits with LKali/Kotaro. (36x attack helps as well)

jay23

Max skilled my echidna, it took all 102 stamina to get that last level today but at least I got it out the way now.

I might mess around level 8 with my kirin team, what subs did you guys use? My team usually consist of kirin/l.Kali/apollo/valkyrie/bubblie/kirin

I should probably sub in Athena for valk.

Umm OK

F7Kfogk.jpg

linsivvi

What's your team look like? I don't have a lot of the key members like Grodin or Metatron. I'd have to go with the old staple, verche, echidna, etc.

I don't have Light Meta either, so I just used PAD Bear + DQXQ (or any other heal orb generator) to unbind on floor 6. You don't need Grodin, Athena is a far better choice because you'll be relying on her double 2 prongs. Just 25x + 2 prongs all the way and pop Echidna at the boss.

Without Light Meta the first 2 floors are somewhat shaky as you won't have the space for Verche, which is great here with the ability to change orb and gives you an additional 2 prong.

Another way to do it is to forget unbind altogether and use Echidna on floor 6.

Jagernaut

Damn, I forgot to check the current skills for the trifruits. I wasted 2 red fruits trying to get the last skill up on my Ronia, when I should have given them to my Urd instead. Oops...

Anyway, got my Sowilo and Sandalphon levels up and just need the materials to evolve them, then I can make my Awoken Venus!
After I'll try and go for my Awoken Kagutsuchi, he'd make a good sub for my Vegeto team. Need to pick up a Red Orb (can do it during the next dungeon event), and level up/evolve all of them; Kagutsuchi, Wangren, and DIzanami.

That's the good thing about using an LKali team, you can make a good board on the first floor if you need. (along with Kotaro) I was able to get past the twinlits with LKali/Kotaro. (36x attack helps as well)

You didn't waste them, the skills don't change until after the maintenance which hasn't happened yet. I got 1 skillup yesterday on my 2nd Ronia. [Edit. Realized you are probably talking about the Jpn version.]

I just went 2/3 and then 1/2 on Mitsuki skillups and finally max skilled her. I only got 2 skillups using the already evolved drops from the dungeon and saved 10 unevolved ones. Scarlet Snake Princess - Int on 2x is great for getting crimson demon masks and I got many ruby lits from Friday dungeon -Int.

Why Parvati, since her skill takes away water orbs?

Awakenings(unbindable, skill up) and stats mostly I think. I was thinking Grodin would be the perfect fit myself because he too is unbindable. Susano seems like he would be perfect to stall but I don't have him.They suggested Parvati maybe if you desperately need a heal?

These are my options
Parvati
Odin
Vishnu
Grape Dragon
Freyja
Heracles
Athena

Almost zero stoned level 8 but I dropped my burst combo on Raphael and couldn't do enough damage before he attacked. Didn't make the same mistake on this set - last set, I got all the way to the final floor, died, and refused to stone. Then I burned hundreds of stamina trying to zero stone it and failed lol.

Since I need so many Badpys, one stone is worth it.

Top Bottom