• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT3| Come for the rolls, stay for the trolls

Pulled a couple more times.

Blonia
Hathor

Very excited about this. Hathor is my first Egyptian 2 god, so it will be fun to try out the tank/spike gameplay.

As for Blonia, I'm unsure exactly what to do with her. I do have a Blodin, so I guess I can just throw Siegfried and Bubblie on the team and call it a day?

She'll also be a really solid Okuni sub I think. I'll have to play around with some team ideas.

Byakkoo

Neo Member
yoloed a Sasuke on my alt... I have all the skillup fodder on my main ;-;

Now to throw my money and gungtroll and hope I don't get bastet #6 on my main.... I just want my LZL or a norn....

yami4ct

Pulled once because Odins are 1x and I would take any G-fest god besides them and L. Tron at this point. Got an Airel. I didn't even know the Angel series 2 were a thing, really. She look like she might actually be a really cool thing. A light attacker team with Ama and her could be real neat.

J0dy77

Pulled a couple more times.

Blonia
Hathor

Very excited about this. Hathor is my first Egyptian 2 god, so it will be fun to try out the tank/spike gameplay.

As for Blonia, I'm unsure exactly what to do with her. I do have a Blodin, so I guess I can just throw Siegfried and Bubblie on the team and call it a day?

She'll also be a really solid Okuni sub I think. I'll have to play around with some team ideas.

Damn you AG, stop tempting me to pull. I am holding firm on my one pull for this godfest.

Byakkoo

Neo Member
4 trash rolls... then 2 GOLDEN!!!

cinderella, red riding hood, gigas (WTF), and a chimera...

then out popped set and a ROdin

That feeling when you accidentally enter the wrong dungeon unprepared ... and it costs 100 stamina.

Skipping yet another Godfest. So expecting Angels 2.0 to be buffed after the fact.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man the desire sensor is working as expected, 5 runs and 5 blue sacred masks. Ain't even mad about is since it's so transparent.

J0dy77

Public Service Announcement

Coin Dungeons have rotated again. This change brought Alt. Castle of Satan back and its ridiculous Experience ratio. You get over 1000 experience per stamina on the final level. I got a full level plus a couple runs before time ran out at Rank 361. Good + egg rate as well.

Watery Temptress is also back for anyone trying to power through Haku skillups. I have tw left but not sure if I'll go after this dungeon, the drop rate is awful without 2x.

Quantum

So I figured what the heck, I haven't iapd in almost four months.

I click on buy for an 85 pack of stones - nothing
So I figured maybe I did something wrong. I click on buy 85 pack of stones - asks for fingerprint - ok getting somewhere -

Click on - do you want to buy?

Click on yes - error - red pad screen- do not make another buy, turn off and restart.

Followed directions, restarted - no stones.

Check iTunes account - less 130 something - two packs with taxes.

No clue what to do - iTunes says its gung-hos fault, gung-ho says I should contact iTunes.

Seriously shitty because I want to roll now - when I feel like "what the heck"

Ideas ?

Damn you AG, stop tempting me to pull. I am holding firm on my one pull for this godfest.
Stay strong! I really shouldn't have pulled, seeing as the next fest will probably be Greek 1/2, two pantheons I could really make use of. Given my results, I can't complain though.

That said I seem to have used up all my luck with those rolls. I fed a few fruits to Blonia and chasers to Haku. Went 0/3 on each of them.

Quantum

The stones registered after 90 minutes, and well - I rolled them. (Both packs - totally didn't mean to buy the second but the concept of getting a refund...)

Lol mixed feelings but I got a decent mix, I can post them later, but finally got a Ronia so while that was frustrating I'm still really happy at the moment.

razterik

Trying to skill up Astaroth using Shinrabansho collab in JP, but I keep getting all the really good skill up card drops for the new collab REM. Seeing them sitting in my box is tempting me to roll that REM so I can use them. Such a devious scheme.

J0dy77

Stay strong! I really shouldn't have pulled, seeing as the next fest will probably be Greek 1/2, two pantheons I could really make use of. Given my results, I can't complain though.

That said I seem to have used up all my luck with those rolls. I fed a few fruits to Blonia and chasers to Haku. Went 0/3 on each of them.

I'm doing everything I can to stockpile as many stones as possible for a Player's choice godfest. We should be do for one in another month or so I'm estimating. I've got 35 now and should i'd like to be near 70 and get a real strong try at the best cards. Dark Chester was way up on my list and got him on the Yolo pull yesterday, my only two real high wants are L. Kali and Grodin. I have a feeling L. Kali would be real high on any players choice.

The stones registered after 90 minutes, and well - I rolled them. (Both packs - totally didn't mean to buy the second but the concept of getting a refund...)

Lol mixed feelings but I got a decent mix, I can post them later, but finally got a Ronia so while that was frustrating I'm still really happy at the moment.

I've never seen someone with such mixed feelings on a game, Quantum. You are the epitome of Love/Hate relationship. Ready to quit one day and then buying $100 stones the next, it's great.

The only reason I've been able to play this long is by staying Non-IAP. Spending money would just burn me out.

Trying to skill up Astaroth using Shinrabansho collab in JP, but I keep getting all the really good skill up card drops for the new collab REM. Seeing them sitting in my box is tempting me to roll that REM so I can use them. Such a devious scheme.
I keep being tempted to roll for ruin an Asmo-Deus since she's like the missing piece for Durga and D.Kali but I just know I'll be shaking my head real hard when my stone balance is back to 0 and I have a bunch of silver egg garbage.

razterik

But the silvers aren't even that bad. I've got ten Kiriko skill ups waiting and she's cute and...

No, no. You're right. Hard to resist using my stones now that I am taking this account a little more seriously after using it to scratch my REM itch for over a year.

jay23

Public Service Announcement

Coin Dungeons have rotated again. This change brought Alt. Castle of Satan back and its ridiculous Experience ratio. You get over 1000 experience per stamina on the final level. I got a full level plus a couple runs before time ran out at Rank 361. Good + egg rate as well.

Watery Temptress is also back for anyone trying to power through Haku skillups. I have tw left but not sure if I'll go after this dungeon, the drop rate is awful without 2x.

Purchased this dungeon for the first time and quickly realized I need more beelzebub friends.

Quantum

I've never seen someone with such mixed feelings on a game, Quantum. You are the epitome of Love/Hate relationship. Ready to quit one day and then buying $100 stones the next, it's great.

The only reason I've been able to play this long is by staying Non-IAP. Spending money would just burn me out.

I may come across as having mixed feeling which makes complete sense to me - while hopefully not sounding too scatterbrained on the forum. When pissed off I like to vent here and apologize if it comes off as me hating the game. I do see that it is a skinner box designed to take advantage of a certain type of person and will be surprised if it is not the focus of many other companies trying to distill the addictive magic it has -

I hate the psychology of the game, I hate the skill up system and I certainly hate the IAP system. I think the JPN and US versions have no reason at all to be at different stages given the revenue the company makes and have no problem saying it. I hate that we don't have individual accounts with gungho and that I feel like my account can be lost at any time.

That being said - I really do enjoy the challenge, I do enjoy watching the development and change. I am completely hooked on the mechanic - with its evolution from both bejeweled and dungeonraid it is a unique type of playstyle that gives me the perfect bite sized gaming I need in between stressful hours at work.

I used to buy every new release for the xbox 360 and ps3 and play them rarely to completion - I guess I have invested a bunch of time as I have about 75,000 achievement points (not that they mean anything) on the 360 - since the beginning of this year I think I've only picked up 6-7 games. I stand buy my reasoning that PAD has actually saved me money.

- I didn't mean to buy two packs of stones, but having pulled urd I wanted another norn after reading about verdandi ^^
- I had none of the egypt 2.0's and of course none of the new angels so may have justified the rolls with that.

about 50% of my rolls were utter crap, the rest made me happy as I actually had less dupes than I normal get including Ronia, Apocalypse, Verdandi, L.Kali (3rd), L.Meta (6th), Osiris, Nut, Ariel, Lumiel, Kopis.

tr4656

What do you even use Astaroth for?

I'm doing everything I can to stockpile as many stones as possible for a Player's choice godfest. We should be do for one in another month or so I'm estimating. I've got 35 now and should i'd like to be near 70 and get a real strong try at the best cards. Dark Chester was way up on my list and got him on the Yolo pull yesterday, my only two real high wants are L. Kali and Grodin. I have a feeling L. Kali would be real high on any players choice.
Since PC godfest is likely around 2 months away, it's probably too early to speculate on what ends up getting voted in but...the last PC voting results are here.

I'm guessing the things who have gotten strong ult evos since then will crash the party: non-Pandora heroes, Liu Bei, Horus, Ra. Probably some of the Egyptians 2 like Hathor and Osiris since they weren't around on NA yet back in December. Plus, the Norns. Angels 2.0 don't seem to have much hype around them so I doubt they'll make an appearance. Hoping some of the older stuff that I already have gets bumped off the list because I have around half of that list from last time. :p

FZZ

Banned
do you use her as a leader? if you do, who do you use her team?

Currently no I do not use her, but I am thinking of making a pretty fun team with her.

Green Sonia as lead, ADK, Dragon Zombie, Ancient Draggie Knight, Red Sonia, and then Green Sonia friend.

I'd use Red Sonia and ADK together to get a Green/Dark board, having an extra Green Sonia would be more useful but this works as well.

Personally I'd want a more Dark heavy team but don't have many dark dragon subs.

How would this be for a Yamato Takeru team?

Yamato Takeru
Ronia
Ronia
Leilan
Freyr
Yamato Takeru

Guessing cooldowns will be too long for the orb changers?

razterik

What do you even use Astaroth for?

Nothing yet since she's unskilled, but she combos nicely with Verdandi. Also have Ruel, Osiris, and Awoken Parvati teams that could use her.

How would this be for a Yamato Takeru team?

Yamato Takeru
Ronia
Ronia
Leilan
Freyr
Yamato Takeru

Guessing cooldowns will be too long for the orb changers?

That's actually a fairly solid team, but you really need a five turn orb changer for Heroes. Drop a Ronia for something like Awoken Minerva, Chiyome, red Valk, or even Gigas.

Nothing yet since she's unskilled, but she combos nicely with Verdandi. Also have Ruel, Osiris, and Awoken Parvati teams that could use her.

That's actually a fairly solid team, but you really need a five turn orb changer for Heroes. Drop a Ronia for something like Awoken Minerva, Chiyome, red Valk, or even Gigas.

Gigas is the only one I have.

I probably won't use the team much cause my friends list is all Ronia and Dmeta. Just looking at new teams I can mess around with.

One roll today: Toytops. :(

Also, skill-ups in this game are for the birds. Two days of running Blade of Justice gave me just one successful skill-up for Verche; now, two days of running Dragon Guardian have resulted in zero skill-ups for Zeal.

razterik

Hmm, GungHo hinting at long overdue patch next week? Or just an April Fool's "you get another backported hotfix"

Still too optimistic. Might be only the rare evo mats skill switching, heh.

We are overdue (again) for the next set of ultimates. I have no expectation for updates beyond that.

Edit: Ah, saw the hint. "Great things on the way"? Okay, what's the oldest and most useless collab that we haven't gotten yet..

Since I got Dill Serious I'm thinking of working on a dark devil TPA team.

Not sure if to lead with Beezle or Lubu even though lubu doesn't have

Beezle has two
Zeus has two
Haku has one
Dill has two

dont have Dvalk with has two or hades which has two.

How many do you want ideally? Which would make the best leader for a team like this and is it viable?

tr4656

Since I got Dill Serious I'm thinking of working on a dark devil TPA team.

Not sure if to lead with Beezle or Lubu even though lubu doesn't have

Beezle has two
Zeus has two
Haku has one
Dill has two

dont have Dvalk with has two or hades which has two.

How many do you want ideally? Which would make the best leader for a team like this and is it viable?

Would probably go Beelze lead with Lubu sub. Seems viable since dark is still strong, TPA does a lot, and Beelzebub has the HP.

Would probably go Beelze lead with Lubu sub. Seems viable since dark is still strong, TPA does a lot, and Beelzebub has the HP.

So:

Beelz
Dill
Haku
Zeus
Lu Bu
Beelz?

Or a second haku instead of Zeus. I'd miss out on one tpa but gain a lot more with her awakenings.

razterik

Gryps and chibi Lilith are also devils with two TPA. D/L Fagan isn't a devil, but worth mentioning. Dark Valk isn't a devil, btw.

A serious team needs most of the members to have two TPA or you're better off doing rows, assuming similar amounts of row awakenings. And a lot of the good dark cards are row cards, so I'm not sure there's much point in trying to go TPA anyway. I usually just think of TPA damage as a bonus when I can't get full row boards.

tr4656

So:

Beelz
Dill
Haku
Zeus
Lu Bu
Beelz?

Or a second haku instead of Zeus. I'd miss out on one tpa but gain a lot more with her awakenings.

I feel like you would not have enough TPA if you do that.

Gryps and chibi Lilith are also devils with two TPA. D/L Fagan isn't a devil, but worth mentioning. Dark Valk isn't a devil, btw.

A serious team needs most of the members to have two TPA or you're better off doing rows, assuming similar amounts of row awakenings. And a lot of the good dark cards are row cards, so I'm not sure there's much point in trying to go TPA anyway. I usually just think of TPA damage as a bonus when I can't get full row boards.

That's true. If you have FA Luci, might as well go rows/

Any news on Android 5.1 support?
2 weeks without PAD sucks :(

Nope, GungHo hates android i bet.

Ah alright. I have a really good row teams already I was just wondering how good TPA is in comparison to rows if you have enough TPA.

Turns out i have a pretty good Ra team.

Ra
L kali
L kali
Sun Quan
Dmeta.

Really kind of intimidated to try it though.

Top Bottom